Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL!.... :eek: DAWSON!!! Flying header! 2-nil to the good - Everton squat! :)

EDIT: Rodwell, Jo - OFF

Yakubu, Saha - ON

EDIT: Ah bogshed! Saha goal. =/ 2-1 Spurs, we've had alot more chances than what the score says thus far. Hang in there!!!

EDIT: Oh my dayyyyyyyyyyyyys!!! 3 mins till 90, Cahill ties it up! Gorden Bennet!!! 2-2.

-4 mins added time. :( 2-nil up, and throw it away.

EDIT: OH SNAP!!! :D PENALTY SPURS. Palacios smashed over. C'mon!!!

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Defoe the donut!! he just missed the peno!! :mad: Howard saved it.

2-2 FT.

this is so typical! :mad: tottenhams luck! nn:(

Really don't know what to say m8. Krancjar was immense for us today' date=' play-maker all over the pitch, got the ball in to Crouchy for atleast 3 scoring chances, not to mention Defoe's rued chances. The match turned when they bringed on the Yak and King Louis, we where in scrambles all over. The commentators where saying maybe we shoulda brought on Keano for Palacios instead of Jenas so he could take the peno, but that's all in hindsight really, I wanted Huddy to take it. Rued chances that where wasted... sublime Everton comeback..... ARGH!.. so frustrating! :([/font']

Ahh well you hammered Wigan 9-1 so you can't complain.

yer ano' date=' but its so unbelieveable that a team can be so freekin good! and when they concede a goal [u'](and still got the lead!:eek:)[/u], they loose their heads and play like chickens!

I got my prediction right then.

I heard a rumour that Sandro* might be putting pen to paper to sign for Spurs soon, lets hope we get a couple of defenders in the transfer window as well, players like Hutton, Bale, Assou Ekotto just aren't good enough, Bassong and Dawson are fair cover but with King and Woodgate out so often we need first choice center backs to join the squad. Still most of our problems have their root in the ever changing back four... stability is needed.

I think Spurs are still playing pretty well at the moment, we have drawn with Villa and now Everton away, I would have gladly taken those results last season. It is now a case of making sure we don't drop points against the dross teams like Stoke (can't believe we got done by them). Hopefully we can back on track with the game vs Wolves and get the confidence and goals fully flowing again... if we don't then that could be us out of the top 5 for the season as we meet Man City in another 6 pointer soon afterwards.

* I don't know much about Sandro other than what has been said and written in Wiki and Sky Sports, what do people think about him? Will he be a automatic first team player, who will lose their place in the team for him?

Spurs youngsters on loan in ratings change so far:

John Bostock up 3 to 77 (Brentford)

John Obika up 2 to 77 (Yeovil)

Ryan Mason up 2 to 75 (Yeovil)

Steven Caulker up 5 to 75 (Yeovil)

Andros Townsend up 8 to 75 (Leyton Orient)

Troy Archibald-Henville to 2 to 74 (Exeter)

David Button up 5 to 70 (Shrewsbury)

Adam Smith down 3 to 65 (Torquay)

Also dos Santos and Modric have made their return for Spurs on Tuesday.

Giovani dos Santos scored twice as we toppled Grays Athletic 5-2 in a training ground friendly.

The Mexican forward - recently back from an ankle injury - bagged a goal in each half and looked in fine form in his 90-minute stint against the Blue Square Premier side at Spurs Lodge. Giovani looks set to play in the opener of the World Cup against hosts South Africa.

Luka Modric played 70 minutes on his return from a fractured fibula.

So what to do with a problem called Pavlyuchenko?

He is being linked with so many moves at the movement, including one to the Gonners down the road. Apparently Arsenal are looking at Roman as a replacement for injured RVP, imagine the fuss that would be made over a move like that, flop at Spurs too, just our luck saviour at the Emirates!

Also another possible move will be for Pav to return to Spartak Moscow in an exchange deal for the Brazialian forward Welliton who has 21 goals this season! Sounds tasty!

Lokomotiv Moscow are also rumoured to lining up a bid.

It has been a real shame that he hasn't made an impact at Spurs, he is undoubtedly a class footballer, his time here has been very reminiscent of Rebrov.

edit.....more spurs youngsters news posted in the Spurs Ratings thread.

I'm trying to distract myself from thinking about the last result, and I'm not really looking forward to Man City either.

I've been worried recently about Spur's proposed stadium (which is being nominated for the 2018 World Cup).

NB: How I don't call it White Hart Lane?!?

Well a look at the Tottenham Hotspurs website reveals some really snazzy looking pictures of what the stadium should look like, but here is my issue... Spurs,stadium,football,tottenham,Hotspurs

... NAMING RIGHTS????

Surely we too are not going to sell our souls to the corporate swines like the Gonners did, can you imagine it? THE MANSION STADIUM?? We are not even moving site, it is all still being built on White Hart Lane, if it does get some horrid name I don't reckon it will catch on.

Lets hope this was just some computer rendering geeks idea of joke!

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! KRANCJAR!!! We're up 1-nil to the good! :D

HT: Spurs 1 - 0 City

-Argh! just over.....!!! So close miss by Defoe.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!! DEFOEEE!! Have it!... and he will! 2-nil Spurs, happy days! Hughes looks he's got a itch up his jacksie every-time Adie has the ball.

-Santa Cluz is on!

-Jenas on... then Krancjar SCORES his second.. slid it under from a corner, 3-0 Spurs.

We're up 1-nil at half-time, against Blackburn. Crouch with the goal in injury-time at the end of the half, once again Kranjcar playing 'play-maker', his cross headed in by Crouchy. :) Niko's been brilliant yet again. SCORE of a buy for us at only 2.5 mill! :D

EDIT: Stillup 1-0, Blackburn are pressing in the last-third alot more now. =S

GOALLLLLL Crouchy... make it a double on the day! 2-0 to the good! :)

EDIT: Game over, 2-0, we win yet again. Once again Kranjcar was brilliant, Huddy put in a good showing too, Crouchy was up for it today notching in two, Gomes made some nice saves, especially that one on McCarthy, Defoe had some chances but couldn't finish, yet again Keano comes off the subs, with about 20 mins left. For Blackburn I though Di Santo had a good outing, in that first half he was all over us. Overall it's matches like this we need to keep on winning on a consistent basis if we want in on the top 4. Two wins this week, we're back on stead after that slip-up VS Wolves. Nicely done.

I am loving this season, more ups and downs than I'm used too, I thought for a while that both Villa and Man City were going to drop points today. Hope Arsenal fail to capitalise on Man Utd bad result (did I say bad, I meant laughable... I laughed... no I really did).

What do we reckon the long term midfield 4 will look like? If we are to play both Croatians and Lennon on the right will Huddlestone or Palacios miss out?

And how well will we cope when Assou-Ekotto and Bassong go on international duty for the Africans Cup? If King and Woodgate don't recover it looks like Hutton and Bale will come into the first team! - Did I just hear you all gasp in anguish? I positively messed my self.

We need rid of Keane, Hutton, Jenas, Bentley and Pavlyuchenko.

All of these players are a drain on resources. Keane, since coming back, has contributed nothing to the team and has recently ignored manager Harry Redknapp and organised a party, so I'd say he's off to Celtic, possibly in a swap deal for Artur Boruc who would come in and challenge Gomes for his GK place.

Hutton is terrible at defending. When it comes to the crunch the best RB/RM partnership at Spurs, and possibly even in the league, is Corluka/Lennon. Hutton is great when the emphasis is attack attack attack, but it rarely is and so he is a luxury player. Kyle Naughton contributes to both Defence and Attack, meaning he is the much more useful player and still has a long way to go yet.

Jenas Doesn't contribute enough anymore to warrant a first team place. His energy is useful, though not essential, against teams we need to break down such as Stoke or Wolves, but against good teams such as Everton or Aston Villa his lack of diversity and passing ability get him found out pretty quickly playing alongside Palacios.

Bentley is an air waster who contributes nothing on the field and certainly nothing off it. His constant showboating, even when behind, is a liability on the pitch and his off-pitch behaviour has been atrocious. If we get half of what we paid for him I will consider that good business.

Pavlyuchenko could have been good for us, but I think its a case of the players laziness and the clubs desperation to crack the top four that he hasn't been playing. He hasn't shown any signs of improving and hasn't even made the bench at some points due to his lack of commitment.

Also, Modric is nearing full fitness but Kranjcar has to stay in the team. Neither Jenas or Huddlestone have particularly shined this season, whereas Kranjcar already looks like a massive coup. At 6 foot tall he is hardly a midget, and I think he can definetly hold his own and more, flourish, in that CM spot. Modric back onto the left and we have one of the most lethal combos in the premier league, Modric getting up and cutting in high up the field, Kranjcar dictating play in the band between the halfway line and the opposition goal line and Palacios sitting behind to mop up any quick opposition breaks. It would be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with most of what u say, Arrys Twitch, except the Thudd thing. He have improved since last year and is playing good imo. Although Lennon-Palacios-Kranjcar-Modric would be great!

And how well will we cope when Assou-Ekotto and Bassong go on international duty for the Africans Cup?

Bassong isn't called up is he?

Cameroons loss ;)

I like Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Huddlestone. He is one of our more underrated players I think, in that he quietly gets on with his business. No flashy stuff (ala Bentley) just good distribution through an excellent range of passing.

He is also about an inch away from scoring the goal of the season every time he shoots! If he could score a few and get his eye for goal, I think he would score more than most midfielders in the EPL... his technique is better than most, anyway.

Tough call who to start between the Hudd and Kranjcar though, who has really impressed. A nice dilemma for Harry, to take his mind off his tax investigation!

I like Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Huddlestone. He is one of our more underrated players I think' date=' in that he quietly gets on with his business. No flashy stuff (ala Bentley) just good distribution through an excellent range of passing.

He is also about an inch away from scoring the goal of the season every time he shoots! If he could score a few and get his eye for goal, I think he would score more than most midfielders in the EPL... his technique is better than most, anyway.

Tough call who to start between the Hudd and Kranjcar though, who has really impressed. A nice dilemma for Harry, to take his mind off his tax investigation![/quote']

Tom Huddelstone is a class player more defensive role of midfield hes strong in the tackle and good passer can also bag u a goal.

Arron lennon is an amzing player in my opionion and should go left mid for england in the world cup he is pacey trickey good passer. His downfall is final ball but thats improving.

A lad I wanna see for spurs is Danny Rose. I played with him for a year and abit and i assure you when hes older he will be a star :)

• 2 weeks later...

Darn we missed out on playing Liverpool whilst they are going through a bad patch, I bet they start a U-turn in form now and we meet them when they are rampant (usual Tottenham optimism there).

Hull this weekend and lets hope we can make up some points against Arsenal and Man City.

Spurs' Sandro transfer saga continues with the two clubs disagree on terms... not over the player, but a proposed club link-up.

We have a hold up with the exit of Pavlyuchenko, who was rumored to leaving for Zenit.

Spurs as usual linked with every player going, persistent rumors are:

Midfielders Flamini from AC Milan, and Joe Cole from Chelsea

Stricker Luis Saha of Everton (pos switch with Robbie Keane)

Fullback Belhadj from Portsmouth

Slovakian keeper Jan Mucha

Onder Turaci a defender from Turkey

More links with Redknapp and his former club include David James on-off move to Stoke which will undoubtably mean we are going to associated with the former England keeper, also their is talk of us re-singing defender Younes Kaboul (especially as we are stilled owed money from the transfer).

We also have already had a £5 million bid for Saviola rejected

Also making big news is Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspur manager, being charged with two counts of tax evasion yesterday after allegedly cheating Revenue & Customs out of about £40,000 while manager of Porstmouth FC.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article6988670.ece

Naughty Harry!