Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

I love Harry and you'll see why tomorrow...

(not for what he did for Spurs when he was our manager)

So the Bentley and Jenas rumors are true?

Heard Townsend might be coming to QPR on loan too?

So the Bentley and Jenas rumors are true?

Heard Townsend might be coming to QPR on loan too?

Apparently so.

I've heard that we are trying for Villa despite the recent birth of his child. Negredo is also a target and we are looking for a loan deal for him.

Hopefully this time tomorrow though a new striker has arrived.

Is the pope catholic? It's Levy day for a reason!

Haha, agreed but by our standards, the rumour mill has been relatively quiet for us. Nothing concrete anyway.

Sometimes I hate my job, because I won't have the joy of watching bbc online all day to find out any latest news!

Haha' date=' agreed but by our standards, the rumour mill has been relatively quiet for us. Nothing concrete anyway.

Sometimes I hate my job, because I won't have the joy of watching bbc online all day to find out any latest news![/quote']

It's not quiet if you look in the right places, we will get stuff done don't you worry.

My prediction is Negredo + Diame

I'd love you lot to sign Damiao. Really want to see him in the Premier League. Reckon he'd do well

Don't think we will ever do that if im honest, this month was the perfect time for everyone and nothing got close.

In all honesty I'd like to see us go after Belhanda now ... he wants to leave ... He's damn good ... AND can be used as a striker if need be.

Perhaps we can do with Belhanda as I wanted us to do with Hazard, convert him into a striker ... he certainly has the capacity and talent for it.

In all honesty I'd like to see us go after Belhanda now ... he wants to leave ... He's damn good ... AND can be used as a striker if need be.

Perhaps we can do with Belhanda as I wanted us to do with Hazard' date=' convert him into a striker ... he certainly has the capacity and talent for it.[/center']

My sentiments exactly, although I think Belhanda and Damiao would be ideal :P

My sentiments exactly' date=' although I think Belhanda and Damiao would be ideal

:P[/color']

IF we do get Belhanda, and Andre has the courage of trying to convert him into a true striker ... then there's really no need for Damiao imo. atleast not at this point.

IF we do get Belhanda' date=' and Andre has the courage of trying to convert him into a true striker ... then there's really no need for Damiao imo. atleast not at this point.[/center']

Personally I would rather have Belhanda as a AM/Wing and part time forward.

And play a 4 1 4 1 with Damiao and Defoe being rotated as the lone striker, Bale-Belhanda-Lennon-Dembele/Holtby/Dempsey as a CM/AM type thing.

But thats being quite greedy :D

IF we do get Belhanda' date=' and Andre has the courage of trying to convert him into a true striker ... then there's really no need for Damiao imo. atleast not at this point.[/center']

Are you suggesting that Damiao is no better than Belhanda out of position up front? Mad. I can't find anything that even suggests Belhanda can play up front.

Why buy someone who you might be able to convert to a striker when there are several excellent strikers available?

Are you suggesting that Damiao is no better than Belhanda out of position up front? Mad. I can't find anything that even suggests Belhanda can play up front.

Why buy someone who you might be able to convert to a striker when there are several excellent strikers available?

Looking back at my post' date=' I fail to see where I say that Belhanda is better then Damiao

:confused: Perhaps you'd like to show me ?

I said that if we buy Belhanda and convert him to a striker, there's no need for Damiao ... big difference right there Stuart.

Belhanda can play up front, he's shown it at Montpellier, often being far up in the pitch, pushing forward.

And it was a mere suggestion aswell, It's something that I personally think would work out and I'd like to see it done.

There's really no more need for another AM/Winger.[/center']

Looking back at my post' date=' I fail to see where I say that Belhanda is better then Damiao
:confused: Perhaps you'd like to show me ?

I said that if we buy Belhanda and convert him to a striker, there's no need for Damiao ... big difference right there Stuart.

Belhanda can play up front, he's shown it at Montpellier, often being far up in the pitch, pushing forward.

And it was a mere suggestion aswell, It's something that I personally think would work out and I'd like to see it done.

There's really no more need for another AM/Winger.[/center']

My point is why buy Belhanda and make an attempt to convert him to a striker when you have an excellent striker who ticks all the boxes in Damiao sat there waiting for a move?

If you're after a striker, you buy a striker, surely?

My point is why buy Belhanda and make an attempt to convert him to a striker when you have an excellent striker who ticks all the boxes in Damiao sat there waiting for a move?

If you're after a striker' date=' you buy a striker, surely?[/quote']

I'm not 100% confident that Damiao will work out in the PL, nothing that says Belhanda will either but Belhanda has already played in Europe for quite a while.

Like I said, I would've wanted to see us do the same thing to Hazard when he was in the loop ...