Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

This post is up there with those from LFC fans who believed Dalglish's stance over Suarez was correct:rolleyes:

Carrick not the same player- god give me strength.

It was easy to play the way he did and shine when he was with you as lets face it' date=' your team was an average mid-table team with not much quality.

However despite improving loads since coming to Utd he shares/has shared a microscope with Paul Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, etc etc etc etc which has in the past worked against him as he is not as effective as the aforementioned world class players.

It is only this season and last that he is being fully appreciated despite his game and performance levels not changing that much from when he first arrived.

Carrick and Berbatov ( in patches ) have both enhanced their career's and reputations which is in no small part down to the domestic and European succes they have contributed to at Utd which they would never have done at Spurs.[/quote']

Carrick was better at Spurs, declined since

It is only this season and last that he is being fully appreciated despite his game and performance levels not changing that much from when he first arrived.
Yeah, consistently average!

When he has a good game for Man United people overstate it, just as they do when he has a bad game.

I think he's a better player than he was when he was at Spurs, but he's not exactly set the world alight at Man United and he's one of those positions in your team that could easily be replaced/improved upon.

His Englishness should see him through though.

Speaking of which, give me him in the England side over Barry any day.

Agreed. No other player can pass it backwards & sideways like Carrick does :)

At the turn of year NO other PL player had made more forward passes than Carrick but don't let that get in the way of your summary of him;)

For what he can do see the 90th minute winner he laid on for Chicarito in the 4-3 over Newcastle at OT:cool:

P.S Also to completely crush your 'analysis' Carrick (unless it has changed in the past few weeks) held the record for the most amount of forward passes in 1 game by ANY player this season with 44 against West Ham;)
People say that about Joe Allen too, and in some games his forward passes far outnumber his backwards ones.

Just a good label to stick on a player you don't like who plays that position. Unless it's John Obi Mikel and you can just say he's ****.

Wow' date=' that was an amazing run by Lennon!!! 2-0 ... WELL DESERVED![/quote']

Not at all. Lloris has had to be excellent and Arsenal have had more of the ball. They've just been practicing some suicidal defending.

Good that everyone ignore that superb control of the ball at Walker..Bale had just to finish that which it was easy.

You assume that I did not notice Walker, wich I did, but Bale put it in the net, great run by Bale aswell that must be recognized too.

You assume that I did not notice Walker' date=' wich I did, but Bale put it in the net, great run by Bale aswell that must be recognized too.[/quote']

You never said something bout walker in ur post arent you ?

Not at all. Lloris has had to be excellent and Arsenal have had more of the ball. They've just been practicing some suicidal defending.

:rolleyes:

It is well deserved, here's why.

Game's been pretty even ... Arsenal had more of a chance to score then us, but here comes the part that makes it well deserved ... we've pushed and pushed and Arsenals defence just can't keep up in the end ... game's had chances both ways, Arsenal has in noway controlled it, either way ... not surprised that Bale got the first goal!