Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Hey look Bale dived again' date=' but because he's not Suarez I doubt anybody will mention it :rolleyes:[/quote']

Lol, it was a terrible dive! Well deserved that yellow!

EDIT: SIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Think Inter are the Europa League's highest scorers. From this performance I reckon they're amongst the leakiest teams as far as the defence. Juan Jesus and Pereira have been awful at shutting down Walker and Lennon.

Been pretty terrible watching this. Jesus imo has been okay but Pereira has arguably been the worst and most dreadful player on the pitch.

Handanovic is the only one keeping us in it right now.

Hey look Bale dived again' date=' but because he's not Suarez I doubt anybody will mention it :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah disappointing of him to be honest. Hopefully we kill the game off and it can be a blessing in disguise giving him a rest next week.

Gareth Bale is suspended for the 2nd leg against Inter. Good opportunity for Spurs to get some practice playing without him for next season.

So Suarez three times' date=' Bale six bookings for Simulation.

DISCUSS

This is Tottenham, not Arsenal. He has another 3 years after the current one, we're not a shambles with contracts like you boys.

The 3 yellow's before tonight weren't dives although tonight's quite clearly was.

Yeah disappointing of him to be honest. Hopefully we kill the game off and it can be a blessing in disguise giving him a rest next week.

Happening far too often and the lack of media coverage is awful, I mean they just shrugged it off on the panel then, they'd still be talking had this been Suarez.

Great player, but he needs to kill this out of his game.

Call me crazy, but I think Inter can still do this. If We sub on Guaro and Palacio, We could get another goal or maybe two, and then win at home.

We need that defence to improve massively in the second half and for Handanovic to continue being an absolute beast.

Happening far too often and the lack of media coverage is awful' date=' I mean they just shrugged it off on the panel then, they'd still be talking had this been Suarez.

Great player, but he needs to kill this out of his game.[/quote']

If I'm honest I think it's a deeper issue. These players are kicked up and down as young players and develop ways to try and stop that. Getting these players booked seems to be what they try to do.

Bale hasn't been the first and I'm pretty sure won't be the last either. Something needs to be changed with these incredibly bright young players constantly being kicked in this country.

Call me crazy' date=' but I think Inter can still do this. If We sub on Guaro and Palacio, We could get another goal or maybe two, and then win at home.

We need that defence to improve massively in the second half and for Handanovic to continue being an absolute beast.[/quote']

Just give up and enjoy it mate.

This is Tottenham' date=' not Arsenal. He has another 3 years after the current one, we're not a shambles with contracts like you boys.

The 3 yellow's before tonight weren't dives although tonight's quite clearly was.[/quote']

Hmm.. So every player has to be bought on their last year of their contract? As far as I know its not how it works. Vertonghen, best buy ahead of Michu by a country mile.

Hmm.. So every player has to be bought on their last year of their contract? As far as I know its not how it works. Vertonghen' date=' best buy ahead of Michu by a country mile.[/quote']

No, just saying. I think we will get 1 more year with Bale

This ... +1 Bale needs to rest once in a while ... and what better match to rest him in then a Europa Leauge game that (hopefully) wont matter.

I want atleast 1 more ... but 2 more would be very ... VERY nice indeed.

No' date=' just saying. I think we will get 1 more year with Bale[/quote']

The £40m+ offers flooding in, I think you will run with the money. Bale will run with hix extra $$$ from new club.

AVB might as well take Bale off as your cruising...

The £40m+ offers flooding in' date=' I think you will run with the money. Bale will run with hix extra $$$ from new club.

AVB might as well take Bale off as your cruising...[/quote']

This is Daniel Levy, Bale as a player is worth so much more than that to our club.

We're looking for stadium investment currently, Bale as our poster boy will potentially be the difference in say £20m in naming rights.

The thing with Bale is that he clearly loves playing for the club and is loving his football. He had a baby late last year and I seriously doubt him moving away from his family in Wales (he is a massive mummy's boy) with a very young baby is in his interests right now.

I think when we do eventually sell him, it will be more than £50m

Great game for Spurs, and if you guys go through, you truly deserve it. Inter don't deserve anything let alone to go to the next round but We'll see. I feel mightily disappointed watching us perform like that. Pereira was absolutely dreadful and I wouldve taken him off insted of Jesus. Kovacic didn't make any difference, and Gargano along with Cambiasso did not hold their own in the centre of midfield. The only players that I felt did perform well were Ricky, Palacio, and certainly, Handanovic. Without Hando, I feel We would have been at least 5 goals down. I honestly don't understand why Palacio and Guarin were on the bench. Rannochia and Chivu were also pretty bad as central defenders.

If We can rally up the players and really apply the pressure and score at least 3 goals and keep a shutout, then We still have the possibility to go through. I feel that We should have had at least got one goal and I have to admit I wasn't really happy at the end. We should have nudged the majority of our players up in the last 5 minutes to get that crucial away goal. It was ridiculous to see only Palacio the only one that was up with Tottenham. Away goals are the deciders of European Competitions! If We had gotten that one away goal, We would have an easier task if We do pursue to advance. Nonetheless, once again, Tottenham deserved to win. Bale was on his game, and along with Lennon, and Siggurdson, they just ran through us with ease. Defoe was unlucky when given the cahnce, but Dembele and Parker were good in the center of the park. I felt Gallas would be the player We would exploit but We didn't capatilize on him. Friedel was great in saving that Palacio oppurtunity.

So.... on to the San Siro!