Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Can you really not see us scoring at the San Siro? If so' date=' they would need to score 5.[/quote']

Was said before FT. It is possible, stranger things have happened. A certain team scored 5 goals when your 2-0 up, you never know Friedel/Lloris could see Red etc.

Apparently AVB mentioned cleansing bookings. Tut tut ;)

No need to panic though. Suspect you'll score in Italy as Inter need to come at you. Don't think they'll score enough anyway.

And I reckon Bale will stay for another season at least if you get CL as expected and a ridiculous offer comes in - in which case you'd be able to replace him and strengthen elsewhere as you did so well in the summer. If he does stay and you get a quality striker in, I can see you competing for the title next season. Hope CL money makes Levy a little less stingy; was a travesty that you didn't bring a forward in in January.

Apparently AVB mentioned cleansing bookings. Tut tut ;)

No need to panic though. Suspect you'll score in Italy as Inter need to come at you. Don't think they'll score enough anyway.

And I reckon Bale will stay for another season at least if you get CL as expected and a ridiculous offer comes in - in which case you'd be able to replace him and strengthen elsewhere as you did so well in the summer. If he does stay and you get a quality striker in' date=' I can see you competing for the title next season. Hope CL money makes Levy a little less stingy; was a travesty that you didn't bring a forward in in January.[/quote']

Reckong we'll score 2 in Milano! ... Holtby with atleast 1 goal :P

As for the striker ... we'll go out and buy one in the summer ... Aubameyang ... yes please ... Imagine Auba , Bale AND Lennon ... we'd run holes in every defence in the world!

And I'm slowly starting to warm to AvB!

Reckong we'll score 2 in Milano! ... Holtby with atleast 1 goal :P

As for the striker ... we'll go out and buy one in the summer ... Aubameyang ... yes please ... Image Auba ' date=' Bale AND Lennon ... we'd run holes in every defence in the world!

And I'm slowly starting to warm to AvB![/center']

Not seen much of Aubameyang. Damiao's a bit more of a brute though which might help him adapt faster.

You mean you haven't warmed already?! Top manager and I think Chelsea are starting to realise what they're missing. Player power cost them a really good prospect.

Not seen much of Aubameyang. Damiao's a bit more of a brute though which might help him adapt faster.

You mean you haven't warmed already?! Top manager and I think Chelsea are starting to realise what they're missing. Player power cost them a really good prospect.

Yep' date=' that's what I mean.[/center']

Jake and Scott is a really poor selection I feel. One of the two, not both. Means we have two CM's who can't pass and then have to have the CM who's playing RM to accommodate Jake come into CM which leaves mountains of space for their dangerous left side.

You either play Carroll and keep Mousa rm or play Lewis and move Mousa inside.

Well' date=' id say Lloris has his faults aswell, i mean, that kick of the ball was sinply awful, he totally misstimed the kick.[/quote']

Lloris would've never even been ought there had it not been for Walker. Walker takes 100% of the blame in my books, Lloris did what he could, at that speed .. all down to instinct and impulse.

Lloris would've never even been ought there had it not been for Walker. Walker takes 100% of the blame in my books' date=' Lloris did what he could, at that speed .. all down to instinct and impulse.[/center']

Well, ofc its Walkers fault, but Lloris could have certanly done better in that situation imo

2 reasons we lost today ...

1. Kyle Walker

2. Suarez's dive.

Dive??? Even the replay it clearly shows Assou Ekotto touch him. If it happen outside penallty box,it's sure free kick. A freekick for 2nd Spurs goal was given for much softer foul than Suarez one

Dive??? Even the replay it clearly shows Assou Ekotto touch him. If it happen outside penallty box' date='it's sure free kick. A freekick for 2nd Spurs goal was given for much softer foul than Suarez one[/quote']

"touch" ... has his arm up, there's contact ... It's a contact sport but it was a dive.

You can see him clearly stretching out and"falling" right when Assou makes contact ... makes it a dive in my eyes ... there was nothing "natural" about how he fell ... he wanted a penalty, and he got it.

"touch" ... has his arm up' date=' there's contact ... It's a contact sport but it was a dive.

You can see him clearly stretching out and"falling" right when Assou makes contact ... makes it a dive in my eyes ... there was nothing "natural" about how he fell ... he wanted a penalty, and he got it.

Thats part of being a striker, he got a penalty that made his team win the match, how he got it might not be the fairest of ways, but all that counts are the 3 points, cant really blame Suarez for making his team win the match.

Thats part of being a striker' date=' he got a penalty that made his team win the match, how he got it might not be the fairest of ways, but all that counts are the 3 points, cant really blame Suarez for making his team win the match.[/quote']

Meh, I'm most likely just bigging it up due to my strong dislike for Suarez (dating back to the Ghana incident '10) ... but it was still a dive in my eyes

:P

Nevertheless ... We lost the game on Walkers failed pass!

Also worth adding, Parker ... not his best game ... did a few things good .. overall shouldn't have been on the pitch imo.

On the phone atm, so Bear with Me for any grammar mistakes.

if we look at the positives from last night ... We did dominate much of the 2nd half up until Walkers backpass ... We proved once again we're deadly on Aerial balls and on fast turnovers ...

Negatives from last night ... Except the goals, lack of communication at times ... Especially in the Clinical moments of attacks, atleast 3-4 Times had we played the ball instead of taking a shot we would've Most likely scored!

and then onto our mids ... Livermore and Parker,

parker, like I've Said in an earlier post did a few decent stuff last night, but at times looked uninterested and walked around on the spot rather then pushing for the ball or trying at all, should not even have played imo.

not completely satisfied with Livermore either, but in my Eyes he had a better game then Parker and grew more and more as the game progressed and should be able to develop further and actually become a more important part of the team!