Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Seeing Michu play reminds me of Cavani' date=' hes the first to attack and the first to defend, and probably thats one of the reasons, when Swansea attacks, Michu hasnt got the best lucidity and so tends to miss chances.

really great win for spurs though, i only seen the second half of the game, and by what i've seen in the 2nd half, Swasea definetly would have deserved a draw, so that makes the spurs win twice as important.[/quote']

Yeah Swansea played very well second half, although they had a lot of the ball, they didn't create much at all. Don't think OAP made a save bar the Michu chance early in the second half. We destroyed them first half though and overall I think a 1 goal win was fair.

Massive win.

Thought we were outstanding for the first 25. Took our foot off the gas in the second half and the change of momentum was Defoe on for Ade. Don't get me wrong Ade is far from perfect but Defoe offers NOTHING. Infuriating how bad he and Naughton are. Guess Andre doesn't trust BAE which is upsetting. Looks all set for us to sell him and make big waves to get Shaw.

Well played to Swansea in the second half' date=' really gave us a good test. Although I feel my thoughts were confirmed that they play brilliant stuff and then don't have much cutting edge.

Still remain very confident of top 4. Felt before today that;

Beat Sunderland, Everton and Southampton at home - 9 points

4 points from Wigan and Stoke away

4 points from Swansea away, Chelsea away and City at home

Those 17 points would get us it. Will be many more twists and turns I feel.[/quote']

I don't think we lack a cutting edge, we've scored a lot of goals against teams when we've dominated (4-1 QPR, 0-5 QPR, 5-0 Bradford, 3-0 West Ham, 3-1 West Brom, 3-1 Stoke, 1-3 Liverpool) and we've certainly got players who can create more chances than we did today but I thought you defended well.

Seeing Michu play reminds me of Cavani' date=' hes the first to attack and the first to defend, and probably thats one of the reasons, when Swansea attacks, Michu hasnt got the best lucidity and so tends to miss chances.

really great win for spurs though, i only seen the second half of the game, and by what i've seen in the 2nd half, Swasea definetly would have deserved a draw, so that makes the spurs win twice as important.[/quote']

Well Michu's playing out of position at the moment, and he does get more chances and scores more goals when he plays off a front man as he can find more space.

Yeah Swansea played very well second half' date=' although they had a lot of the ball, they didn't create much at all. Don't think OAP made a save bar the Michu chance early in the second half. We destroyed them first half though and overall I think a 1 goal win was fair.[/quote']

Yes, but we did have two free headers which we should have berried and did mount a lot of pressure for large stages of the end of the first half until the end of the game and I thought we deserved a draw.

We played well, I'm pleased with the performance and we certainly didn't lack any desire to win today.

I was very frustrated by that shocking refereeing performance from the ref, with decisions such as:

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 20 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 30 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 40 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 50 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 60 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 70 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 80 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 90 minutes in

- That slowed the tempo of the whole game down completely, along with other unpunished time wasting, such as Kyle Walker kicking the ball away whilst he didn't add significant amount of time in either half to account for it. Poor refereeing.

- Booking Michu for challenging Parker and clattering him, not booking Adebayor (?) for doing exactly the same thing to Britton

- Not booking Vertonghen for a challenge where he won the ball, but had he studs showing and a very high boot

- Not booking Vertonghen for rugby tackling Michu to the floor

- Not booking Vertonghen for tripping Michu

- Not booking Scott Parker for time wasting

- Not booking Scott Parker for a mis-timed challenge on Michu

- Not booking Scott Parker for diving

- Booking Scott Parker in stoppage time for hacking down Garry Monk, wasting our time by not allowing us to get on with the game and not adding time on to account for that.

- Giving us advantage when we clearly wanted the free kick, leading to Gareth Bale almost scoring.

- Not giving us a free kick for a body check on Britton, leading to Adebayor almost scoring.

I don't think we lack a cutting edge' date=' we've scored a lot of goals against teams when we've dominated (4-1 QPR, 0-5 QPR, 5-0 Bradford, 3-0 West Ham, 3-1 West Brom, 3-1 Stoke, 1-3 Liverpool) and we've certainly got players who can create more chances than we did today but I thought you defended well.

Well Michu's playing out of position at the moment, and he does get more chances and scores more goals when he plays off a front man as he can find more space.

Yes, but we did have two free headers which we should have berried and did mount a lot of pressure for large stages of the end of the first half until the end of the game and I thought we deserved a draw.

We played well, I'm pleased with the performance and we certainly didn't lack any desire to win today.

I was very frustrated by that shocking refereeing performance from the ref, with decisions such as:

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 20 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 30 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 40 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 50 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 60 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 70 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 80 minutes in

- Not booking Friedel for time wasting 90 minutes in

- That slowed the tempo of the whole game down completely, along with other unpunished time wasting, such as Kyle Walker kicking the ball away whilst he didn't add significant amount of time in either half to account for it. Poor refereeing.

- Booking Michu for challenging Parker and clattering him, not booking Adebayor (?) for doing exactly the same thing to Britton

- Not booking Vertonghen for a challenge where he won the ball, but had he studs showing and a very high boot

- Not booking Vertonghen for rugby tackling Michu to the floor

- Not booking Vertonghen for tripping Michu

- Not booking Scott Parker for time wasting

- Not booking Scott Parker for a mis-timed challenge on Michu

- Not booking Scott Parker for diving

- Booking Scott Parker in stoppage time for hacking down Garry Monk, wasting our time by not allowing us to get on with the game and not adding time on to account for that.

- Giving us advantage when we clearly wanted the free kick, leading to Gareth Bale almost scoring.

- Not giving us a free kick for a body check on Britton, leading to Adebayor almost scoring.

Funny how you don't mention Michu's dives or his forearm smash into Jan which should of seen him get a second yellow.

Like I said I think we deserved a 1 goal win due to our dominance in the first half. We also had more shots on target and definitely had more clear cut chances.

Just as a heads up, our U21's are currently playing Liverpool at Anfield, live on LFC tv (Sky 429)

Currently 0-1 up through Ceballos. Both sides seem to be depleted through loans so they're very young sides.

Vigouroux (19)

Fredericks (20), Hall (21), Fryers (20) , Barthram (19),

Dombaxe (17), Veljkovic (17)

Ceballos (20), Bentelab (18), McEvoy (18),

Coulthirst (18)

Defoe ruled out against Basel and Everton...

It's a big blow,.
said Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
It's on the same muscle that he had a small tear last month. It's on the other side now and it's a big miss as he represents a lot for us and he will be a big miss.

What does that make Adebayor then? :P

You could really do with a Damiao right now ;)

I can deal with Ade, he actually offers something when he isn't scoring. Unlike criminal Defoe who had 13 touches (5 in the last minute when trying to keep it in the corner) in half an hour at Swansea and each were as awful as the other.

I can't say I am overly happy. I had a treble tonight and you lot were one of the teams. I made sure that whatever the outcome I'll be smiling at the end of the day. Ohh boy, someone is cracking.

Edit : Or not, you better win this. I'll be gutted with a draw.

Edit 2 : :o What a miss.

I think that hit Holtby on the foot. Very unlucky from Parker' date=' as his original shot would have gone in.[/quote']

It's not unlucky, it's terrible. He should have taken Holtby out of the equation by 1, Smashing it. 2, walking it in or 3 putting it where Holtby couldn't clear it.

It's not unlucky' date=' it's terrible. He should have taken Holtby out of the equation by 1, Smashing it. 2, walking it in or 3 putting it where Holtby couldn't clear it.[/quote']

I was just discussing this on twitter. I don't think his first instinct would have been to walk it into the net in that situation with players around him. However, lashing it as hard as he could and lifting the shot off the ground would have been a better idea.

Still, I think rolling the ball into the net would have been most players first instinct in a situation like that. I see what you mean about trying to take Holtby out of the game, but surely he'd be more focused on getting the ball in the net than anything else at that moment in time.