Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar 1m

AVB should be fired.no tactics.Been lucky up till now with results.how can he put Huddleston as pen taker.Then Adebayor you knew would miss.

Thoughts on this, Spurs fans?

and Lennon

and Defoe

and Sandro

and Kaboul

Clueless.

You haven't won since January 1st without Bale (3 months)... Clueless?! Every team has a squad of players so they can deal with injuries, its hardly an injury crisis.

Most importantly perhaps Lloris.

Cba to dig my post out after Inter away slaughtering him saying he should never play for us again. He's only cost us another 3 goals in 2 games since...

EDIT: annoyed so have done anyway' date=' enjoy.

Only Tottenham :D

Had enough of this european games for the experienced players. Friedel not good enough, Gallas just can't play the high line game. Lloris would of saved at least two of the Inter goal's tonight.

To those saying we're a 1 man team, lets not forget that Lloris, Kaboul, BAE, Lennon, Sandro and Bale didn't start tonight. That's 6 of our first choice 11. I'm sure you will all brush over that.

Huddlestone first taker? nonsense.

He can hit the ball well, and is the only one to be involved in a penalty shootout with the club, so he gets first dibs. Shocking

All flights to and from Switzerland have been cancelled, still searching for that ball of Adebayhoof.

You haven't won since January 1st without Bale (3 months)... Clueless?! Every team has a squad of players so they can deal with injuries' date=' its hardly an injury crisis.[/quote']

Sandro - best dm in the league

Kaboul - our best cb last season (played 1 game all season)

Lennon - massive player to us

Defoe - top scoring striker

Bale - Top 5 player in the world

Take that many quality players out of a side and they will struggle. Just look at Barca last night against PSG, they without Messi looked atrocious. Are you now going to start saying Barca are poor without him? Only got Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Busquets, Pedro, Sanchez, Pique, Alves, Tello...

You really are a typical fan who watches SSN and MOTD and thinks they're spot on.

Hahahaha that shootout was a laugh. Adebayor Tottenhams golden striker looooool :D
I did love that little run up he did hahaha.

Hard luck guys' date=' maybe you'll be able to concentrate on the league.[/quote']

Very cocky set-up from Adebayor saw that a mile off
That might well be one of the worst pens I've ever seen. Cocky run up then nonchalantly flicks it over. Ridiculous human being. He won't care though.

But that's what happens when a donkey takes a penalty. He is quite literally donkey from Shrek.

Lets give some respect to Basel - they played brilliant football over both legs, they actually tried to win unlike what I saw Spurs do& fully deserved to progress.

Apart from your main defender, winger, CM, AM, striker, target man that is Gareth Bale the biggest miss was Lloris tonight - whatever AVB has said to Freidel he should have played Lloris - Freidel is officially past it (if he wasn't already that is obviously).

But that's what happens when a donkey takes a penalty. He is quite literally donkey from Shrek.

Lets give some respect to Basel - they played brilliant football over both legs' date=' they actually tried to win unlike what I saw Spurs do& fully deserved to progress.

Apart from your maon defender, winger, CM, AM, striker, target man that is Gareth Bale the biggest miss was Lloris tonight - whatever AVB has said to Freidel he should have played Lloris - [b']Freidel is officially past it[/b] (if he wasn't already that is obviously).

Has been for a year pal.

Idiot Arsenal fans on twitter are claiming that Wenger is a genius for selling Adebarndoor for £25m. This was what, three years ago hen he was actually scoring alot, and was sold to a club desperate to splash the cash following their investment. Like saying Benitez is a genius for getting £8m for Owen now he's only got one goal for Stoke. Stupid idiot Gooners.

Sandro - best dm in the league

Kaboul - our best cb last season (played 1 game all season)

Lennon - massive player to us

Defoe - top scoring striker

Bale - Top 5 player in the world

Take that many quality players out of a side and they will struggle. Just look at Barca last night against PSG' date=' they without Messi looked atrocious. Are you now going to start saying Barca are poor without him? Only got Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Busquets, Pedro, Sanchez, Pique, Alves, Tello...

You really are a typical fan who watches SSN and MOTD and thinks they're spot on.[/quote']

Alex, I know you're angry/upset right now but come on, Sandro best DM in the league?

Oh, and Bale is not one of the top five players in the world. Not yet anyway

Idiot Arsenal fans on twitter are claiming that Wenger is a genius for selling Adebarndoor for £25m. This was what' date=' three years ago hen he was actually scoring alot, and was sold to a club desperate to splash the cash following their investment. Like saying Benitez is a genius for getting £8m for Owen now he's only got one goal for Stoke. Stupid idiot Gooners.

Alex, I know you're angry/upset right now but come on, Sandro best DM in the league?

Oh, and Bale is not one of the top five players in the world. Not yet anyway[/quote']

Who's better? Gareth Barry? :P

He had the best stats in all of the top 5 leagues before he got injured.

Bale is there because of the fear factor he brings IMO, talent wise he is not top 5 but people are scared of him which helps him.

Bale is there because of the fear factor he brings IMO' date=' talent wise he is not top 5 but people are scared of him which helps him.[/quote']

I would say he easily makes the top 5 players in the world at the moment,in fact with ease.

Not a chance:

Messi

Ronaldo

Iniesta

Xavi

Falcao

Suarez

RVP

Ibrahimovic

All better than Bale.

Bales form over the last 4 months easily puts him in the top 5 alongside Messi Ronaldo Xavi and Suarez.

Rvp has gone off the boil,Ibra is hard to judge in France,and Iniesta has had better seasons,although still technically brilliant.

Lot of jealousy surrounding Bale.

Bale is there because of the fear factor he brings IMO' date=' talent wise he is not top 5 but people are scared of him which helps him.[/quote']

Bale is not better than:

Messi

Ronaldo

Falcao

Ozil

Xavi

Iniesta

Thiago Silva

Neuer (I know he's a goalkeeper but you said best players)

That's seven at least and I'm sure I've forgotten some

And I'd say that Yaya Toure is better DM than Sandro. And before you get into different roles of DM etc etc, Yaya is still a better DM in the broader sense

Bales form over the last 4 months easily puts him in the top 5 alongside Messi Ronaldo Xavi and Suarez.

Rvp has gone off the boil' date='Ibra is hard to judge in France,and Iniesta has had better seasons,although still technically brilliant.

Lot of jealousy surrounding Bale.[/quote']

Of course people are jealous of Spurs for having him & whoever says they aren't is a complete liar - I know I certainly am.

I personally don't think he is top 5 at the mo but Woodsy has a very valid point re fear factor - only Messi & Ronaldo rival him when it comes to fear factor.

My top 5:

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Suarez & Falcao.

Fear factor top 5:

Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez & Joey Barton :P

Not a chance:

Messi

Ronaldo

Iniesta

Xavi

Falcao

Suarez

RVP

Ibrahimovic

All better than Bale.

Messi

Ronaldo

Iniesta

Xavi

Falcao

Suarez

RVP

Ibra

Rooney

Gotze

Ribery

Schweny

God..there are too many.

EDIT: oh,of course I'd rather have a pure genius like Mata instead of Bale.

EDIT2: oh and of course this is down to personal preference and this is a forum full with UK guys.So we can't really expect a lot more..Bale best player in the world.

Nice one Levy' date=' two strikers is really enough to get through all competitions. Ade absolutely terrible. Wouldn't be surprised if he missed that pen on purpose with that poxy run up. Gutted.[/quote']

Probably felt his minutes to pay ratio was looking rather normal, so decided to cut how much he plays in a week in half.

EDIT2: oh and of course this is down to personal preference and this is a forum full with UK guys.So we can't really expect a lot more..Bale best player in the world.

Don't be so pathetic. We're not all as narrow minded as you are when it comes to recognising talent outside of our home country/supported club