Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Don't be so pathetic. We're not all as narrow minded as you are when it comes to recognising talent outside of our home country/supported club

Exactly,this is a forum and we discuss that's the whole point of a forum:rolleyes: and not one person has said Bale is the best in the world.

For me because of impact and goals I would have Bale in my top 5,not everyone will agree but that's life.

EDIT2: oh and of course this is down to personal preference and this is a forum full with UK guys.So we can't really expect a lot more..Bale best player in the world.

It's easy saying that Raz, but I think you'll find a lot of fans across the world admire Bale. Go on his official Twitter page for one. For every tweet he posts, I guarantee you'll see a heap load of fans from across the world asking him to join their side in response, even if the tweet has nothing to do with him speaking well of another side (for example). Especially Madrid fans. That's just one example though, I'm sure there's plenty of media sources that suggest clubs and managers are fans of his outside of the UK.

As for fans of his thinking he's the best in the world, well, even I wouldn't go that far, and I'd happily cut his toenails for him :)

Exactly' date='this is a forum and we discuss that's the whole point of a forum:rolleyes: and not one person has said Bale is the best in the world.

For me because of impact and goals I would have Bale in my top 5,not everyone will agree but that's life.[/quote']

I don't need to be lectured on the premise of a forum - and I know noone said he was the best. And I know it's personal opinion. But to put Bale is a top five players list is just wrong when there's probably five better players that are going to be playing in the CL final this season, let alone with the other elite clubs

I don't need to be lectured on the premise of a forum - and I know noone said he was the best. And I know it's personal opinion. But to put Bale is a top five players list is just wrong when there's probably five better players that are going to be playing in the CL final this season' date=' let alone with the other elite clubs[/quote']

That wasn't aimed at you it was more aimed at the general discussion.

Again its personal opinion,and we were talking about the best players currently and I feel Bale is one of them.

Raz you go to far shoving your biased Germany / anti everywhere else views down people's throats mate.

Let's put some things into perspective - a German related team hasn't won a major Europeam trophy since 2001. The national team hasn't won a competition since 1996. Now winning isn't everything but it plays a huge part in making players the best in the world - Ronaldo' date=' Messi, Drogba, Falcao etc.

If & when a German team wins a European trophy or international trophy ill happy accept your bragging and over the top biased opinions. Until then mate tone it down for once please.

Regards

Ash-'bored of these forums'-Tini[/quote']

Do we really want to compare the national teams? Because a.) everybody but Spain is bad then and b.) don't even get me started on how bad England is then.

I don't know why there is need to make this a German-England etc. debate.

What exactly has Falcao won? The mighty Europa League? I'd rather get to the CL Final and lose than win a competition nobody cares about.

Regarding Bale: I think people need to differentiate between class and form. Form-wise Bale is a top 5, prolly even a top 3 player in the world the last few months.

Class-wise he isn't a top 5 player yet. Mainly because playing brilliantly for 3 months isn't enough. Especially since some of it is in an inferior European competition and you are also 30 points behind the league leader. He is on his way to become a world class player.

You don't suddenly become better than Iniesta and co., who won god knows how much in recent years and consistently played at the very highest level, within half a season. Bale got great potential, is a great player but let him show that consistently for a season or two, both in league and CL.

Enjoy boys and girls.

ldpqZJ1eMdU

How can it be called a 'revolution' when you compare that you finished last season with 69 and only have 61 with 5 games left this season:confused:

A potential 5 point increase is hardly a revolution:D

Enjoy boys and girls.

ldpqZJ1eMdU

How can it be called a 'revolution' when you compare that you finished last season with 69 and only have 61 with 5 games left this season:confused:

A potential 5 point increase is hardly a revolution:D

I didn't make the video, nor did I title it.

However the club is quite clearly different under Andre than it was under saggy chops. We're better off at this stage than we were last season and that's without the players we had last year in Ledley, Rafa, Luka, Younes and Sandro (through injury)

I didn't make the video' date=' nor did I title it.

However the club is quite clearly different under Andre than it was under saggy chops. We're better off at this stage than we were last season and that's without the players we had last year in Ledley, Rafa, Luka, Younes and Sandro (through injury)[/quote']

Whilst I do not dispute that AVB has adapted to Spurs rather well, I honestly have not seen any evidence to suggest that they are much better than under 'Arry.

Bale has improved however, and it is down to this which I think most explains why you have a couple more points this season than you did at the same stage last season.

Whilst I do not dispute that AVB has adapted to Spurs rather well' date=' I honestly have not seen any evidence to suggest that they are much better than under 'Arry.

Bale has improved however, and it is down to this which I think most explains why you have a couple more points this season than you did at the same stage last season.[/quote']

AVB has done no better than Harry,think Spurs had more points after so many games under Harry... AVB Would be lost without Bale..

I didn't make the video' date=' nor did I title it.

However the club is quite clearly different under Andre than it was under saggy chops. We're better off at this stage than we were last season and that's without the players we had last year in Ledley, Rafa, Luka, Younes and Sandro (through injury)[/quote']

get real man... its certanly not thanks to Villas boas if Tottenham is where it is... Just look at how many games Bale has saved with a wondergoal or with a Jolly... And wondergoals have got little or nothing to do with managerial skills...

Literally bricking it for tonight's match. Not won at the Bridge since 1990 (I think, might be '91?) so hoping we smash that statistic.

Be keen to see how AVB plays this one though & how the players perform tonight.

AVB has done no better than Harry' date='think Spurs had more points after so many games under Harry... AVB Would be lost without Bale..[/quote']

Yeah I think the hope always was that he'd get good over time. I think he will and that he's not far away from being pretty good.

It's pretty well proven that he wasn't good enough for Chelsea yet when he got hired there.

Literally bricking it for tonight's match. Not won at the Bridge since 1990 (I think' date=' might be '91?) so hoping we smash that statistic.

Be keen to see how AVB plays this one though & how the players perform tonight.[/quote']

We will do it, don't worry.

What exactly has Falcao won? The mighty Europa League? I'd rather get to the CL Final and lose than win a competition nobody cares about.

Frankly, you are overestimating the value of Europa League. ;)

Frankly' date=' you are overestimating the value of Europa League. ;)[/quote']

I'd put it on a par with the FA Cup. Obviously, far below the CL but still nice to win.

We will do it' date=' don't worry.[/quote']

Are you going to the game tonight?

Not trying to call you out or anything like that, just know you often go to games.

Are you going to the game tonight?

Not trying to call you out or anything like that' date=' just know you often go to games.[/quote']

Indeed, upper tier. 28th game of the season! Just about scraped through with LP's. Needed 487 and I had 496 at the time of applying.

Seen some staggering offers for tickets in our end tonight, £250, weeks accomodation in San Francisco, all sorts!

Leaving work now to get a few bevvy's in before hand.

Indeed' date=' upper tier. 28th game of the season! Just about scraped through with LP's. Needed 487 and I had 496 at the time of applying.

Seen some staggering offers for tickets in our end tonight, £250, weeks accomodation in San Francisco, all sorts!

Leaving work now to get a few bevvy's in before hand.[/quote']

Great stuff, enjoy mate.

Good luck guys - I really can't call it but feel way more confortable with it being at our place :)