Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

So you lot lose out on Villa.

A good decision for him imo.Chose a club with good European success and background, consistent in making Europe most seasons and all in all a top club to chose to finish your career at.

Perhaps the club itself is more stable and suitable for him also.

Hope you lot can hold onto Bale and we don't get a repeat of what happened with Modric last season happen with Bale,although i do think you lot will lose him also.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread This was tweeted and after 3 minutes, it was removed.

Nothing against you boys but I hope we report you if the rumours are true about him being at your training ground.

Most obvious bit of tapping up iv seen in a while, nothing on the transfer front from him or the club.

Reported at your training ground, day later transfer request.

Hmmmm.

Nothing against you boys but I hope we report you if the rumours are true about him being at your training ground.

Most obvious bit of tapping up iv seen in a while' date=' nothing on the transfer front from him or the club.

Reported at your training ground, day later transfer request.

Hmmmm.[/quote']

No comment :(

Unfortunately this situation happens in every transfer nowadays.

Apparently he was there last week with Chadli.

No comment :(

Unfortunately this situation happens in every transfer nowadays.

Apparently he was there last week with Chadli.

I understand although I dont think its naive from me to think that him being at your training ground is not standard protocol. If this is true, and he goes I want the parties involved punished, like I said, nothing against you but this cant be un punished.

That being said all Mourinho and Chelsea got for tapping up cole was a slap on the wrist ? (fine).

Alex did you see my post about whether or not I feel he would do good for you?

I understand although I dont think its naive from me to think that him being at your training ground is not standard protocol. If this is true' date=' and he goes I want the parties involved punished, like I said, nothing against you but this cant be un punished.

That being said all Mourinho and Chelsea got for tapping up cole was a slap on the wrist ? (fine).

Alex did you see my post about whether or not I feel he would do good for you?[/quote']

Hard to prove realistically. These people who saw him are THFC employees and aren't going to risk their job to grass us up. Unless there was someone there with a camera...

Yeah I did and very much appreciated it, I was going to respond but had something at work come up. Don't get me wrong i'd very much like him, just really not sure after his performances at WHL and then the reverse at VP. I very much like to be impressed by the player in person when possible, it's relatively easy to impress on TV (Defoe is relatively highly rated by the general public which proves this) but I do feel Benteke is different and just had a off day.

If true, that's pretty distasteful. Don't here much of it and it would lower my opinion of Levy even further. No need to tap players up nowadays.

Common curtesy costs nowt.

In the grand scheme of things though, it won't make a blind bit of difference like you say Alex. Those who saw him would be either Spurs employees, Benteke's party, or potentially Spurs fans, all of which would presumably want the deal to go through. Even if you did get fined, it would be minuscule compared to the fee you'd pay, so it'd be to nominal effect.

Shame really. Can't you be relegated or something if found guilty instead :D

Just seen Elohim's post on facebook about Chadli, can anyone confirm 100% whether we're in for him? A few online reports already floating about that a fee is being hashed out.

Not heard much about the guy, but looks a fair decent player. Right footed left winger (which would fit AVB's 433 mould if Bale is on the right), seems quick, knows where the goal is, good at set pieces. May give us slightly more at the top end of the pitch & maybe good competition for Lennon too.

Searching around on youtube, I found a video of him scoring against us in the CL. I remember the goal well, but didn't realise it was the player in question.

Just seen Elohim's post on facebook about Chadli' date=' can anyone confirm 100% whether we're in for him? A few online reports already floating about that a fee is being hashed out.

Not heard much about the guy, but looks a fair decent player. Right footed left winger (which would fit AVB's 433 mould if Bale is on the right), seems quick, knows where the goal is, good at set pieces. May give us slightly more at the top end of the pitch & maybe good competition for Lennon too.

Searching around on youtube, I found a video of him scoring against us in the CL. I remember the goal well, but didn't realise it was the player in question.[/quote']

ohhhh flirty. He got the info from me, I wrote on his wall on here. We've bid 7m euros, they want 9m. Will be an amount in the middle I guess.

He would play on the left whilst Bale played on the right. Ideal player for us IMO. He scored against us in both games actually.

I decided to not post on the thread after Villa went south and it looks like Halilovic and Jedvaj have gone the same way.

I decided to not post on the thread after Villa went south and it looks like Halilovic and Jedvaj have gone the same way.

I apologise in advance if my posting it has jinxed the deal!!

I thought Hali & Jedvaj was a done deal? Clearly not...

ohhhh flirty. He got the info from me' date=' I wrote on his wall on here.[/b'] We've bid 7m euros, they want 9m. Will be an amount in the middle I guess.

He would play on the left whilst Bale played on the right. Ideal player for us IMO. He scored against us in both games actually.

Indeed you did!! :D

Just flagging it here now ... I want us to sign Osvaldo.

Firstly Villa' date=' then the two Croatian kids. Who else did you say was "done" Woodsy?[/quote']

weren't João Moutinho and Damiao done deals with his sources close to the club last season ?

To be fair everything in the transfer market is a pile of pap till they sign on the dotted line or the transfer window closes no matter what the source.

Still remember Luka Modric turning up at Newcastle base going in for talks then walking out and getting into car and heading to London painful!!!!!

He is a gooner. There is also the chance he could be a one hit wonder. Look at someone like Pappis Cisse' date=' started like a train. Now everyone thinks he's rubbish.[/quote']

Benteke has displayed so much more technical ability than Cisse its untrue. While he could well be a one season wonder, having watched his performances each week for the whole season I have every faith he will be a top champions league striker.

weren't João Moutinho and Damiao done deals with his sources close to the club last season ?

To be fair everything in the transfer market is a pile of pap till they sign on the dotted line or the transfer window closes no matter what the source.

Still remember Luka Modric turning up at Newcastle base going in for talks then walking out and getting into car and heading to London painful!!!!!

No. I always said I was hopeful of Moutinho but wasn't expecting it. Damiao is a little cretin so he doesn't count. Club are an absolute nightmare to deal with.

Benteke has displayed so much more technical ability than Cisse its untrue. While he could well be a one season wonder' date=' having watched his performances each week for the whole season I have every faith he will be a top champions league striker.[/quote']

Very good post, can't do anything else but agree. Benteke is an absolute beast! I don't know how many times he's shocked me with his play. He's a fantastic player and is, imo, one of the best strikers out there (based on last seasons form).

iBDMZUtMoFA

Benteke is THE signing I want us to make this summer. It doesen't matter if we sign Paulinho,Chadli and god knows who else, if we don't sign Benteke, something is seriously wrong. He's the kind of player that'd fit us perfectly. Absolutely amazing. Fast and technical for his size ... and he's not afraid to do what needs to be done to get a goal. I would rather have Benteke then Damiao,Soldado,Adebayor,Villa ... Benteke is a goalmachine and I reckon he'd turn into a world class superstar at Spurs.

Whether or not Pellegrini wants to keep him or not I think Dzeko would be a better option.

I am a big fan of Benteke but is it not a worry that he isn't world class yet - one of the major things that let you down last season was not having a world class striker, an actual proven world class striker - not a maybe or could be?

Whether or not Pellegrini wants to keep him or not I think Dzeko would be a better option.

I am a big fan of Benteke but is it not a worry that he isn't world class yet - one of the major things that let you down last season was not having a world class striker' date=' an actual proven world class striker - not a maybe or could be?[/quote']

Well, considering the other names we've been linked to ... only Gomez is one I count as "world-class" ... Dzeko isn't really someone I'd want us to sign. Haven't liked him since his Wolfsburg days either tbh.

Benteke scored 16 goals for Genk in the 11/12 season. then a total of 22 goals last season (combined 3 for Genk and 19 for Villa) wich imo proves that he is a natural goalscorer that does not have a problem moving to and adapting to another league/team. Dzeko on the other hand scored 14 in 2 less games then Benteke ... for a better team ... with better support. Dzeko scored 14 goals the season before on 30 games ... That doesen't make him "world-class" for me. Absolutely not, far from it. Had I the oppurtunity to chose I'd go for Benteke in a heartbeat.