Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Jol is anything but suckage ;) He is the best manager we have had in years. Robinson is having a shocking middle stinct to his career and we were shocking and still let in 4 goals but the thing is we showed passion and determination to chase the game and save Jol's bum ;)

:P Now get out of our thread! No team bashing other team thread's :P

Public forum mate..

Plus how was i even slating Spurs at all?

All i said was Jol needs the sack because once again he didn't get the result...

Well the public forum thing..... The old thread was accidently deleted because a mod was trying to delete posts against Spurs..... ;) 'Jol is out for sure he sucks'

I would say that's a comment against Spurs. I don't think they're are any fans of Spurs on the forum who want him to go.

Well the public forum thing..... The old thread was accidently deleted because a mod was trying to delete posts against Spurs..... ;) 'Jol is out for sure he sucks'

I would say that's a comment against Spurs. I don't think they're are any fans of Spurs on the forum who want him to go.

Yeah and you wonder why people are leaving the forum lately...

Now you can't even say someone sucks :confused:

Well ok you can put a lock on the thread were if your not a Spurs fan you cannot post in it i'm not fussed tbh..

Yeah and you wonder why people are leaving the forum lately...

Now you can't even say someone sucks :confused:

Well ok you can put a lock on the thread were if your not a Spurs fan you cannot post in it i'm not fussed tbh..

Lol!

It's fair enough to come to the thread and put a reality on it but it's not really the point of the thread to come to it and discuss why you think Jol sucks.

It's here to debate but to be honest do you expect Spurs fan's to come and agree with you or even put time and effort to say he doesnt? Needless thing to say IMO and as I said comments like that built up on the last one and became the reason why the thread got accidently deleted.

I don't wonder why people are leaving the forum's lately, I know why people are leaving the forums lately. :D

Spurs 2-2 Liverpool :eek:

Spurs obviously deserved the win, they're getting back into shape. I don't really think Martin Jol will be sacked, he has achieved more than any other Spurs manager. You can't get rid of him as you know what he's capable of.

Although we have Bale on the left now, I still think we need someone else there. Bale is a tremendous player but what will happen when he is being rested etc?

Back to the match;)

Nice goals for Robbie Keane, I thought they had won it but then Mr Torres had to ruin everything.

We are 1 spot away from relegation yes?:eek:

But finishing there doesn't seem likely to me.

Spurs to climb back up!!!

Right. I am gonna be deadly honest here!!!!

Danny Williams the gooner has made some good points!!! :eek:

Now, I like to go to the goons thread and cause chaos! :) But, all I say, I believe!!!

Just like Danny. I think people need to have thicker skin on this forum. We aint babies. And if we are then. We need to be eating solids......quick!

Anyways, I love Martin Jol. But..............Why Darren Bent. And 99% of spurs fans know it was a BAD buy. Full stop. End of. Lets not lie people. We know we needed left winger, Bale is doing great there. So, if Jol already had that in mind. Then, why did we not get a CM and CB and poss LB???

We spent unwisley on Bent. But I am not sure it was all Jollys doing. Really dont.

We can only get better. We drew to a Liverpool team that were crap. In all honestly.

We still need to buck up at the back. Robbo needs to concentrate! And Berba needs to up his shots/goals ratio!! Misses too many chances.

Well, thats me being brutally honest!!

CMON YOU SPURS!!!!

I think that Spurs played really well against Liverpol and probably deserved a win but i point against Liverpool is a good point and it could well kick start there season off because they need to get a string of results toghether because they are in the bottom 3 and that i not where they wanted to be they wanted to be in the top 4 this season not the bottom 3.

Robbie Keane is in great form and when the team is struggling the stars of the team need to show everyone how to play well and he is doing that but other key players need to step up. I don't think this will be a season long thing and i believe that Tottenham will still finish around 8 even with this poor start. Although it all depends on when they win a game and ther confidence goes up and when that happens i believe they will look like a UEFA cup team again.

wats up with jol and defoe cant he just put him up in the start.i think berbatov should be in the bench and defoe out ther. i havent seen darren bent playing yet.jol should try to test his form and capabilities after all he cost a lot

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7064928.stm

Ramos resigns as coach of Sevilla

Juande Ramos

Ramos holds the Spanish equivalent of the FA Cup

Juande Ramos, the favourite to replace Martin Jol as Tottenham manager, has resigned as coach of Sevilla.

Sevilla director of football Ramon Rodriguez was in London on Thursday and it is thought he has begun negotiations with Spurs over compensation for Ramos.

Spurs reportedly want Leeds assistant boss Gus Poyet to assist Ramos, who only speaks rudimentary English.

According to reports from Spain the 53-year-old Ramos has agreed a four-year deal with Spurs.

Report: BBC football correspondent Jonathan Legard

606: DEBATE

Ramos would be an outstanding acquisition. Jol has achieved great steps forward for us, but now is the time to push on again

jonspur

Sevilla's physical trainer Marcos Alvarez has also tendered his resignation.

Ramos' contract with Sevilla had been due to expire at the end of this season.

"The now ex-Sevilla coach declined the possibility of giving a press conference at the club's training facilities," said a Sevilla statement.

"He has chosen his website www.juanderamos.com as a means of saying goodbye to Sevilla."

Ramos has led Sevilla to the Uefa Cup title in each of the last two seasons and into the Champions League for the first time.

RAMOS FACTFILE

Full name:

Juan de la Cruz Ramos Cano

Managerial career:

Alcoyano (1993-94)

Levante (1994-95)

Logrones (1995-96)

Barcelona B (1996-97)

Lleida (1997-98)

Real Vallecano (1998-01)

Real Betis (2001-02)

Espanyol (2002)

Malaga (2003-04)

Sevilla (2005- )

Trophies: Uefa Cup (2005, 2006)

Super Cup (2006)

Copa del Rey (2007)

Spanish Supercopa (2007)

It is thought that Ramos wants to install Poyet as his assistant boss at Tottenham but the Leeds assistant manager insists he has not been approached.

The former Uruguay international, who played for Tottenham between 2001 and 2004 told BBC Sport earlier on Friday: "Everybody is calling me and sending me texts about it but I don't know anything. I haven't spoken to anyone.

"I don't know if something has gone on between the clubs. I don't have a clue."

Leeds said they had not received an approach from Spurs for Poyet - and would not welcome one.

However, the club later revealed Poyet has been asked to stay away from Elland Road for the League One game against Millwall on Saturday.

BBC Sport understands the Spurs board made the decision to sack Jol before the 2-1 defeat to Getafe on Thursday but decided not to inform the Dutchman until after the game.

MIHIR BOSE BLOG

Apparently, Berbatov said, "If you're going, I'm going too."

However, rumours about Jol's imminent departure spread around the ground during the match - which was watched by Rodriguez.

Jol said goodbye to Tottenham's players at the club's training ground on Friday and assistant Chris Hughton and the club's goalkeeping coach Hans Segers have also been dismissed.

Sorry for sticking my nose in but seeing I'm a Spurs fan: I Can't help it!

:P

I'm not too pleased with their current form. Jol left after some poor results and now Juande Ramos? Well, we've only managed a handful of draws and a last minute shocker from Birmingham! :eek: I really thought that Tottenham would go for a champions league spot with Arsenal finishing 5th or something this season but looks like the opposite happened. The lads really need to pull themselves together.

One of my favourite players of the Spurs season so far has to be Gareth Bale. Young Bale working wonders down the left hand side and scoring a few also. His freekicks are amazing.

Our main goalscorer (IMO) Dimitar Berbatov, hasn't really been himself. What is it with him and the post? ;)

I'm sure it will change, but if anything is to happen then they really need to start now.

Tomorrow they face Manchester City, City looking absolutely phenomenal this season. their away form isn't as good as their league position:o

Of course I'll be supporting Spurs all the way but it's upto the players to deliver. We need to win, not a draw.

Team News

Tottenham Hotspurs:-

Tottenham full-backs Pascal Chimbonda and Young-Pyo Lee face late fitness tests after picking up knocks during the UEFA Cup clash against Anderlecht.

Striker Robbie Keane starts his three-match ban for his red card against Birmingham on 2 December.

Likely Team:

Robinson, Cerny, Chimbonda, Lee, Stalteri, Dawson, Kaboul, Zokora, Jenas, Huddlestone, Malbranque, Lennon, Bent, Berbatov, Defoe, Tainio, Boateng, Taarabt.

Manchester City:-

Manchester City midfielder Elano is a doubt with a hamstring injury.

But midfielder Michael Johnson is back after abdominal surgery and striker Darius Vassell has been declared fit after a hamstring problem.

Likely Team: Isaksson, Hart, Corluka, Sun, Dunne, Richards, Garrido, Ball, Ireland, Johnson, Geovanni, Fernandes, Elano, Petrov, Mpenza, Bianchi, Vassell, Samaras.

Match Talks

Tottenham defender Paul Stalteri:

"It's a tough match and the two down the road after that (against Portsmouth and Arsenal) are also very difficult.

"City's start shows England that Sven knows a thing or two about football.

"It shows he has the experience, he knows what he wants and he has got his team playing really well.

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson on dropping out of the top four:

"I don't accept that we are now playing for fifth place, why should I do that?

"It is a big challenge to dislodge one of the favourites by the end of the season but I am not thinking about that just this Sunday's game at Tottenham.

"All we can do is take one game at a time and see what happens."

All team news & Talks are extracted from BBC Football:)

Awesome result today in my opinion and Im pleased that we have this under our belts as its a real confidence booster.

I think the reason why Berbatov has been poor is because after last years media comments he has got big headed and now thinks he doesnt need to perform as well as he is meant to be so good.

I wouldnt mind if he left as long as we got Villa :)

Defoe!!! Im so pleased that Ramos has sense where Jol didnt in this guy, he's got so much talent and I could see him getting a first teams place anywhere in the premiership and there would be no one in the premiership that would not like to have him. It would be terrible to lose him in January.

Portsmouth next I hear and that will be a real hard game. Lets hope this boost and the magic of Juande will pull us through.

8th place finish is still in reach :D

I agree with what Lee said to be honest... not yet impressed with Ramos or seen any magic from him. The football has been worse than under Jol and the results are still far from impressive during his reign.

Was a decent performance today but still not great football and we still look a bit shaky at the back. Hopefully the win and King returns soon should restore some confidence!

I agree with what Lee said to be honest... not yet impressed with Ramos or seen any magic from him. The football has been worse than under Jol and the results are still far from impressive during his reign.

Was a decent performance today but still not great football and we still look a bit shaky at the back. Hopefully the win and King returns soon should restore some confidence!

Ever the pesimist!! You got 3 points my man, you should take them and run!!

At the end of the day Ramos is going to need time, It is difficult to work miracles with someone else's team! I am sure there will a few comings and goings in january and then Ramos will be able to show what type of coach he is. I have folowed his career a lot in Spain and highly rate him!

Spurs fans that were dreaming of overtaking Arsenal were being a bit dilussional to be honest! Call me biast or whatever you like but the top 4 is like a different division to the rest of the league. Spurs need to prove consistantly that they are better than the everton's, portsmouths and blackburns of this league before they start saying they are going to break the top 4!

Spurs have a decent squad but on the whole it is very young and needs time to mature, you have also hugely missed Ledley King who is now returning and will make a difference to your obvious weakness in defence! Spurs fans need to learn to be patient! The best 2 managers in the league are Wenger and Fergie and they have been at their clubs for a combined 32 years, no coincidence there!

Am pleased with the three points, don't get me wrong :D

I feared playing a well organised side like Man City as we have looked poor against average sides lately.

I don't think anyone will disagree with the comments you made about the best managers in the league and it being no coincidence, and that Spurs need to be patient. Can't say as I have followed Ramos, but haven't seen any charisma in him or improvment in our style or confidence. Sacking Jol was a big mistake, I still think, because as you say we need continuity and that won't help.

Ramos' record is good and I hope more than most he does well. It does strike me as a large coincidence that he suddenly became keen to join Spurs after Sevilla's poor start to the season under him in La Liga, in many ways he was a man under as much pressure to go up a gear as Jol and was doing about as badly (relatively). As nobody else has mentioned this I assume I must have missed something that is common knowledge in this regard. Am sure somebody (Leigh :P ) will put me straight here.

I am not calling for his head or anything, I don't think impatience is one of my weaknesses. :D

Am sure somebody (Leigh :P ) will put me straight here.

As much as I would love to get into this debate Steven I have work in 15 mins and have to get ready but expect me to reply with all the facts and figures at my earliest oppurtunity!:D

I will find the facts and figures for his reign at Sevilla this season :D

I like Ramos, but I do miss the honesty and loveability of Jol. I don't know any Spurs fans that disliked him despite the poor start...it still smarts that they sacked him and treated him so poorly, no wonder the guy and his team had shattered confidence.

I will find the facts and figures for his reign at Sevilla this season :D

I like Ramos' date=' but I do miss the honesty and loveability of Jol. I don't know any Spurs fans that disliked him despite the poor start...it still smarts that they sacked him and treated him so poorly, no wonder the guy and his team had shattered confidence.[/quote']

Can't resist!:o

The sacking of Jol is purely and simply down to the pressure on him created by spurs fans with the views of Lee below! Fans wanted them to break the top 4 sooner than was realistically possible and when he had a bad start the impatient majority got on his back almost leaving the board with no choice!

I agree, he should not have been sacked and personally fell he did a fantastic job at Spurs! If it wasn't for the job he did then managers of the calibre or Ramos would not have wanted to take the job. Jol took them from a mediocre mid-table side to a half decent european chasing team, the 1 fact that sticks out like a sore thumb is that Spurs were the only premiership team 2 years ago that had never finished in either the top 6 or bottom 6, Jol then got the job and finished 5th 2 seasons running, so like I said, he did a brilliant job!

For me I was happy with either of the outcomes. I wouldnt have minded Jol continue but it did appear he had lost his grip with keeping the team in gear and with Ramos, looking at his past achievements with the clubs he has managed he has turned every side he managed into a team 10x what they appeared when he first took charge, the only negative thing with him is that he does seem to be a Mourinho and tends to do his thing and move on pretty quickly.

I think the plans that Ramos has laid out and what he has brought to Spurs to try and get us physically and mentally ready to take the Premiership on sounds amazing and I have full confidence that within a year or two he will have a tight grasp on Spurs and be able to take us to the high places that he has done with his past employers.

The players have told about how Ramos knows the football language inside out and how he can change the face of the game if needed and he showed that in the Uefa cup game although it appears that may have been a one off Im sure there will be more. :)

I think he will also keep Spurs English and youthful and not bring in all these players from other country's like Wenger does with his youth and Benitez does with the whole team. I think he will keep the youth development system and probably wheel and deal to get a few names he admires.

I think the years we have with Juande will be some of the best and most exciting for how we play football wise.

I'm actually content with the win today, not the best performance but as mentioned, just take the points and run!:P

I still can't help but think that if this was in the City of Manchester, it would've been a different story.

I think Spurs carry on after this win and hopefully finish in the best possible place :)

Well then, we beat City, Pompy and now we take City's home record with only 10 men. We have had 2 poor calls ending in red cards and we have been without our star man Keane for a couple of games and still won. Zokora shouldnt have been sent off and even the pundits agree. But we dont mind :D

Im happy :D Im more then happy :P

Berbatov's celebration vs Pompy... A few weeks ago he just walked back to the half way line with no reaction. He seems happy.

Im happy :D Im more then happy :P

Arsenal next and they are going to ET with Blackburn.

Im happy.

My mates that are Arsenal fans travelled to the game today. For us its the longest away game other then Newcastle in the premiership. They paid quite alot of money for tonight and they might lose.

WOOOOO Im happy :D

Biggest surprise today I guess was that Spurs were the better side for much of the game. I expected Ramos to try and play with style and for a lot of the game Spurs passed it well and looked very dangerous.

Very unlike Keano not to take his chances... the volley off the bar or the penalty going in would have made for one very different game, and I think a draw at least would have been a fair result for Spurs.

Good to see that we finally look organised and able to defend. A month ago I think I could have been posting about a cricket score result in Arsenal's favour.