• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread This was tweeted and after 3 minutes, it was removed.

If you are gonna quote zonalmarking, then do it properly and post up this season and not stuff from 3 years ago:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/06/12/european-team-of-the-season-201213/

He is neither in the first squad, nor on the bench nor in the honorable mentions. Why? Cuz he is far from world-class. Solid player but nothing more. Has never fully taken that next step in his development he was supposed to take after playing for Benfica. Surely you expect a world class player to actually play matches. The matches Coentrao started in his years at Real, you can count on 2 hands basically

If you are gonna quote zonalmarking' date=' then do it properly and post up this season and not stuff from 3 years ago:

[url']http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/06/12/european-team-of-the-season-201213/[/url]

He is neither in the first squad, nor on the bench nor in the honorable mentions. Why? Cuz he is far from world-class. Solid player but nothing more. Has never fully taken that next step in his development he was supposed to take after playing for Benfica. Surely you expect a world class player to actually play matches. The matches Coentrao started in his years at Real, you can count on 2 hands basically

Well, check again how many fingers you have in each hand, I quickcounted on soccerway more than 40 starts for Real in his years there.

He hasn't been outstanding for Real but also not horrible as you seem to suggest. People tend to blame him for some games, namely the away game in 11/12 in München where he was outdriblled by Lahm in a goal but they forget that beeing a LB for Madrid and Portugal you are defending Ronaldo's flank and the coach's strattegy almost always is to deliberetly relax him defensively for attacking purposes.

You are of course entitled to your view, mine is that he is a world class LB and frankly I can't spot one better than him in the Premierleague.

Well' date=' check again how many fingers you have in each hand, I quickcounted on soccerway more than 40 starts for Real in his years there.[/quote']

Coentrao has started 36% of league games for Real since he is there. So he basically just starts every third league game. I don't know any "world class" player who plays so little.

Bale deal being reported by NBC as 93m euros + Coentrao.

Think it's unfair to judge Coentrao on his time at Real where he's had Marcelo picked ahead of him and he's been played out of position more often than not. If he can recapture his form around 2010 then that's a steal and regardless, he's a big improvement on Rose and BAE.

Bale deal being reported by NBC as 93m euros + Coentrao.

Think it's unfair to judge Coentrao on his time at Real where he's had Marcelo picked ahead of him and he's been played out of position more often than not. If he can recapture his form around 2010 then that's a steal and regardless' date=' he's a big improvement on Rose and BAE.[/quote']

That'd be a great deal for Bale tbh. Especially seeing as Willian is joining. Another top player striker needed though.

Adios Gareth! Thanks for all the great memories and also the players you have allowed us to afford with your ridiculous fee.

-------------- Lloris

Walker -- Kaboul -- Vertonghen -- Coentrao

--------- Sandro/Capoue

------ Paulinho ---- Dembele

Lamela -------------------------- Willian

-------------- Soldado

Tasty if and when they gel.

Very tasty looking side that! Can't really see past you for fourth this season, although I thought the same prior to Willian, Lamela and Coentrao coming in (or whenever they come in).

Would these be the sort of signings you'd have been expecting had you got top four last season, or did you expect that you'd attract similar players without CL? Either way, I, and I'm sure plenty of others have been impressed with your signings. If you're going to sell your star man and 'replace' him, that's how you do it.