Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Tbilisi are awful' date=' but Spurs have looked good tonight. What a goal from Rose.

As a neutral I'd be annoyed if Chelsea signed Willian. They don't need him at all. Would just mean someone would rot in the reserves.[/quote']

I agree. With Schurrle and Van Ginkel joining this summer, and De Bruyne impressing on Sunday, there is no need for them to go for Willian. It's all well and good loaning one or two of them out now, but what happens when they return? There's also Marin out on loan too.

Strange seeing 'Who needs Bale' all over twitter and being texted in to BBCSport, I find it funny especially as it is coming on the back of a win over a poor side in Georgia.

I thought this text to BBCSPORT was rather amusing though: Matt in Norwich on text: Who needs Gareth Bale? Champions league teams.

I can see issues with that side' date=' everybody is making out like it is super-human or something.......it ain't.

potentially very good but they ain't even signed/played together yet and nobody has any idea how they will gel.

People are getting way to excited prematurely.[/quote']

Chelsea are in advanced talks for Willian.

I was saying ;)

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Have to admit after the amount of gloating Spurs fans have been doing on my thread over Willian if he now backs out of joining you at the last minute I will allow myself a sly chuckle :P

On a serious note agree with Newman/Rugger why Chelsea need him when they already have bout 8 players for those three positions I don't know.

Seems to me Willian's transfer motives is all about the £££££££££££

I agree. With Schurrle and Van Ginkel joining this summer' date=' and De Bruyne impressing on Sunday, there is no need for them to go for Willian. It's all well and good loaning one or two of them out now, but what happens when they return? There's also Marin out on loan too.[/quote']

Van Ginkel is going to be used as a CM. But apart from that I agree with you. We've already got enough. He can go and flop at Spurs. :)

Why do you think he moved to Anzhi? Would be ridiculous from Chelsea though - more money than sense.

Chelsea's transfer policy at times appears to be one of buying players just so other teams can't have them....seriously

Chelsea's transfer policy at times appears to be one of buying players just so other teams can't have them....seriously

I think you're spot on. Consider Moses who was great when he played last season yet now would find himself somewhere like 9th in the pecking order. Then they slap on a price tag of something like the obscene amount they bought him for.

Mata for Rooney, Willian in maybe? I wouldn't mind him so you don't get him but don't particularly want him to be honest & it would be a waste as don't think he's any better than the attackers we have.

I think you're spot on. Consider Moses who was great when he played last season yet now would find himself somewhere like 9th in the pecking order. Then they slap on a price tag of something like the obscene amount they bought him for.

Crazy isn't it? There are a few young players who've gone to Chelsea whose careers have seriously stalled as a result - Moses' talent deserves more than being, what, 4th choice for his position??? Be lucky to start in the League cup at this rate :rolleyes:

We've had this discussion before I believe. It's about buying talented players and developing them into a future 1st team player (loan them out in order to get regular football) instead of spending big bucks for a particular player. If they can't get into the team then they move on for a reasonable price. Simples. It's not what you or Dougie House is making out to be. Actually Moses is not the 9th choice. He's a back-up player.

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Moses - KDB - Schurrle

We've had this discussion before I believe. It's about buying talented players and developing them into a future 1st team player (loan them out in order to get regular football) instead of spending big bucks for a particular player. If they can't get into the team then they move on for a reasonable price. Simples. It's not what you or Dougie House is making out to be. Actually Moses is not the 9th choice. He's a back-up player.

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Moses - KDB - Schurrle

What do you mean instead of spending big bucks? Like they did on Hazard...Schurrle...Mata...Torres...Shevchenko...Essien...Drogba...Oscar.. Wright-Phillips (a back up player who cost you 27 million pounds lets not forget)...Luiz....Ramires...I could go on! Yeah, Chelsea sign and develop young talent in order to avoid splashing the cash :rolleyes:

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Moses - KDB - Schurrle

And if you bring in Willian? Ramires can play on the right of that trio too.

What do you mean instead of spending big bucks? Like they did on Hazard...Schurrle...Mata...Torres...Shevchenko...Essien...Drogba...Oscar.. Wright-Phillips (a back up player who cost you 27 million pounds lets not forget)...Luiz....Ramires...I could go on! Yeah' date=' Chelsea sign and develop young talent in order to avoid splashing the cash :rolleyes:[/quote']

Just added it up too - those players alone cost Chelsea over £360 million! For that I'd want to dominate domestically and have more than one European Cup! And bear in mind that's just a small selection of the silly money Chelsea spend! No need to then spend another 100mil on "prospects" is there? Not when you can go out and buy pretty much anyone!

You are paying big bucks though and your ultimately going to stunt the growth of them eventually when they all return to you if they do go out on loan

Well for those who cost big money will have a role with the 1st team (Oscar' date=' Schurrle etc). I was on about the likes of KDB, van Ginkel, Kalas, Omeuro, Wallace etc who've been picked for small prices. Just look a KDB, he had a good season at Bremen and now he's involved with the 1st team.

What do you mean instead of spending big bucks? Like they did on Hazard...Schurrle...Mata...Torres...Shevchenko...Essien...Drogba...Oscar.. Wright-Phillips (a back up player who cost you 27 million pounds lets not forget)...Luiz....Ramires...I could go on! Yeah, Chelsea sign and develop young talent in order to avoid splashing the cash :rolleyes:

See above. This is a new strategy implemented by Emenalo. Obviously we're gonna spend big for players who would go directly to the 1st team. Some signings don't work out, some don't. This system by Emenalo is pretty much the same as Udinese's and it's worked out well for them. I don't see people complaining about Udinese hogging players. Oh wait, we're talking about Chelsea here.

And if you bring in Willian? Ramires can play on the right of that trio too.

Moses is reported to head out on loan to West Brom. So I assume he'll replace him and I reckon he'll compete for the other spots as well, as he can play in any of those 3 positions. Mou did say at a press conference in pre-season that he wants atleast 2 players for every spot and he's gonna implement a rotation policy.

See above. This is a new strategy implemented by Emenalo. Obviously we're gonna spend big for players who would go directly to the 1st team. Some signings don't work out' date=' some don't. This system by Emenalo is pretty much the same as Udinese's and it's worked out well for them. [i']I don't see people complaining about Udinese hogging players.[/i] Oh wait, we're talking about Chelsea here.

Didn't know they were in for Willian as well? This story has so many twists and turns :rolleyes:

Didn't know they were in for Willian as well? This story has so many twists and turns :rolleyes:

It's just rumours, I doubt it's true. According to Anzhi there is only one club entitled to talk to the player and that team is Spurs. Sky Sports broke the news first and didn't they broke the news that Anelka was gonna retire?

Just added it up too - those players alone cost Chelsea over £360 million! For that I'd want to dominate domestically and have more than one European Cup! And bear in mind that's just a small selection of the silly money Chelsea spend! No need to then spend another 100mil on "prospects" is there? Not when you can go out and buy pretty much anyone!

Cool...but now you're just sounding like one of those second-rate pundits on TV

How much have City spent for their squad? Man United? Compete with that.

How much is Real Madrid's squad value? Bayern's? Barcelona's? All sums are relative.

To be fair I don't think ANY of them (inc City) come close to Chelsea over the last decade.

It's not that big a difference, especially when you consider Abramovich has been at Chelsea 5 years longer than the Abu Dhabi United Group at City. We've spent a lot of course but every clubs finances can be scrutinised and every club has had transfers that have haven't worked, or slowed down a players career.

• Millions spent since Jan 2003

1. Chelsea 673

2. Man City 572

3. Liverpool 414

4. Man United 352

5. Tottenham 350

6. Arsenal 214

7. Aston Villa 201

8. Sunderland 187

9. Newcastle 174

10. Everton 129

11. West Ham 123

12. Wigan 110

13. Fulham 107

14. Portsmouth 100

15. Birmingham 92

16. Blackburn 87

17. Stoke 84

18. Bolton 76

19. Middsbrough' 71

20. West Brom 64

Source: Deloitte (published Aug '12 - but think this has been updated since)