Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

After England got knocked out of the cup' date=' some England fans said Gareth Bale wasn't and never will be good enough to get in the England team.

Mind you he needs to be consistant, i've seen him on numerous occasions like against Man. United where he hasn't done well on the big occasions, and don't get me started on his Welsh performances.[/quote']

His Welsh performances? He's given his all every time I have watched. You have to remember playing with the Wales squad is playing with a Sunday Pub team. Especially compared to the class Spurs have.

His Welsh performances? He's given his all every time I have watched. You have to remember playing with the Wales squad is playing with a Sunday Pub team. Especially compared to the class Spurs have.

He done well on a couple occasions against Montengro, where i saw him burst off with one his runs once - but i've only see him burst off with a run once or twice other then that.

He's done more exciting runs tonight ... then he's done in his Welsh career. When we play England ... he needs to be at his best, because i don't know about you but no-one else needed to be involved for him to get him down the line and cross the ball in for the 2nd and 3rd goal, nevermind about the finishing.

This truly shocked me...

GARETH BALE SOLD TO SAN DIEGO ZOO

04-11-10

TOTTENHAM'S Gareth Bale is to become the star attraction in a Californian zoo, it was confirmed last night.

The adult male wing-back will be gradually introduced to his new teammates over the summer, which may include David Beckham if funding for a new breeding program is approved.

Keepers in San Diego hope that Bale settles in quicker than at Tottenham, where Harry Redknapp had to live with the creature's family of mixed Welsh for over six months before eventually gaining their trust.

The Spurs manager said: "It will be a shame to lose him but he's already started swinging on the Crouch and flinging his poop at supporters in a bid to display his dominance.

"He's a magnificent specimen and the last thing we want to see is him ending out his days at White Hart Lane rocking back and forth and masturbating with a forlorn expression on his once noble face. Nobody wants another David Ginola on their hands."

Bale came to the world's attention after savaging Inter Milan's Maicon so badly that the right-back later had to be destroyed. Redknapp initially said that he had no intention of selling the club's most popular exhibit since Ricky & Ossie, Tottenham's famous pair of novelty Argentinians, in the late 1970s.

But he was eventually convinced that, given the endangered status of Welsh footballers, Bale was better off in San Diego as they were currently negotiating access to a Zeta Jones.

Redknapp said: "There's only three decent Welsh left in captivity, and with Giggs too old and Bellamy too repulsive to find a breeding partner we have to do what's right for footballing conservation if we ever want to recapture the days when the Big Nosed Rush stood patiently on goal lines across the whole of England."

Is Corluka injured, or is Hutton now seen as the first choice right-back? Hutton's played 5 times to Corluka's 4, and with Tottenham having problems with injuries at centre-back, I would have thought that Corluka would be filling in there unless he's injured. I have the chance to sign one of them you see.

EDIT: Just seen he's on the bench today :o Still, is he there because he's coming back from injury, or second choice?

Is Corluka injured' date=' or is Hutton now seen as the first choice right-back? Hutton's played 5 times to Corluka's 4, and with Tottenham having problems with injuries at centre-back, I would have thought that Corluka would be filling in there unless he's injured. I have the chance to sign one of them you see.

EDIT: Just seen he's on the bench today :o Still, is he there because he's coming back from injury, or second choice?[/quote']

He's had a groin injury lingering about. I've actually become more preferable to Hutton at the moment at RB, rather than Charlie.

Last 4 Champions League results:

• @ Werder Bremen -
    2:2 - Draw

• FC Twente -
    4:1 -
    Win

• @ Inter Milan -
    4:3 -
    Loss

• Inter Milan -
    3:1 -
    Win

• Position:
    1st (via GD)

Last 4 Premier League results:

• Everton -
    1:1 - Draw

• @ Old Trafford (ManUtd) -
    2:0 -
    Loss

• @ Bolton -
    4:2 -
    Loss

• Sunderland -
    1:1 - Draw

• Position:
    7th

Does anyone else see the problem with that?

It's probably one of the things I feared worst upon entering this season, being how well we'd cope between midweek, end-of-week fixtures.

We have had some bad luck along the way as far as EPL fixtures go, some odd calls against us, some calls that should be called for us, regarding 'penalty decisions', that have not gone for us, yet really for the kind of team we have, it shouldn't be coming down to those kind of fickle calls that take away from us gathering 3 points.

I don't necessarily see us looking all that gassed out there coming off a midweek, as well as this thing we call depth hasn't really surfaced to it's full potential yet. I've yet to see a player make that kind of impact like Niko has last year as far as depth players go.

The talk of our season has virtually been floating around the heroics of Van Der Vaart, Bale, so it should be, but what's happened to Modric? It's only in recent weeks we've seen him return to his old-self, until that is, poxy Lee Cattermole decided to do him in, which I'm glad to say, wasn't the injury scare many thought it was, he's playing today against Rovers.

Clearly something has to be changed up, will have to be, with the lingering injuries we have, if we really wanna give that #4 spot, a real good run, especially with the parity that's shining this season, seeing Blackpool really get stuck-in, along with the resurgence of Newcastle (who'd have thunked it ... Carrol and Nolan on 7 each!? Not me), Liverpool starting/attempting to come back, Bolton on a rocker, along with the usual suspects.

It'll take a good kick up the jacksie to put us back in gear. EPL is priority, our lads need to start showing that.

Tottenham (4 -2) Blackburn

Spurs: Bale x2, Pav, Crouch

Blackburn: Dunn, Givet

Overall quite happy with the performance. Solid ball movement in the middle, as well as wing-play, which got Bale going ... once again. I noticed today he was swapping over from the left-to-right more frequently. Defensively we looked up for it. Both Crouch and Pav partenered each other today, can't say it was a good collaboration up-front, but they both got the job done, be-it in their own way. Pav could have had 3/4 on the night, missed many chances.

Must say, the last 20 mins were as nervy as, particularly around the time VDV went off, for Palacios. Blackburn we're breaking us down with ease, as well as some good one-touch passing in the box. We might have won, but this result could have totally gone the other way, especially when you take into consideration, we had to rely on both Gallas and Kaboul clearing the ball off the live as Gomes was beaten. Speaking of which Gomes looked lazy, very out of position today.

Something to maybe be worried about - injuries. There were none in the match per say, but guys like Kaboul, Gallas, both took knocks, it's at the back where were picking up injuries the most, so touch wood they're both OK to go for next week.

Next match - DERBY DAY! Looking forward to murking 'em Goonies ... PROPER.

HUDDLESTONE INJURED :

OUT FOR 3 MONTHS! :eek:

Well fan-bloody-tastic! We just can't get over this injury-bug, it's giving us the right hump.

Huddlestone's been sublime for us so far, this news doesn't make things better seeing that the derby match is this week too. Either Palacios or Sandro is going to have to step it up, perhaps Jenas could opt-in too, depending on the match situation.

Not good news at all.

Amidst the Huddlestone news, just seen on the Spurs website, 'Arry's deemed Jermain Defoe eligible to play tomorrow.

Great news for us, but I thought he'd be out for a longer duration. Hope it's not something where he's being rushed back, only to pick up a minor knock, which would be a major setback.

In other news, looks like Niko's departure could very well happen in January, 'Arry even saying, if Niko want's to leave, he won't stop him. Personally I'd hate for Niko to leave. Sublime player, with great vision, but to be fair to 'Arry, you really can't play him ahead of VDV, Modric, but, I was thinking, perhaps he could get a start out on the right. Lennon's not found a way yet to riddle his way into great form, Niko could be the answer, even if it gives Lennon a right kick up the jacksie.

Amidst the Huddlestone news' date=' just seen on the Spurs website, 'Arry's deemed Jermain Defoe [b']eligible[/b] to play tomorrow.

Great news for us, but I thought he'd be out for a longer duration. Hope it's not something where he's being rushed back, only to pick up a minor knock, which would be a major setback.

In other news, looks like Niko's departure could very well happen in January, 'Arry even saying, if Niko want's to leave, he won't stop him. Personally I'd hate for Niko to leave. Sublime player, with great vision, but to be fair to 'Arry, you really can't play him ahead of VDV, Modric, but, I was thinking, perhaps he could get a start out on the right. Lennon's not found a way yet to riddle his way into great form, Niko could be the answer, even if it gives Lennon a right kick up the jacksie.

If Kranjcar does leave i would love for villa to make a make a move for him. He's class and he showed that by scoring 2 for croatia in mid week.

Just what villa need in the AM position.

If Kranjcar does leave i would love for villa to make a make a move for him. He's class and he showed that by scoring 2 for croatia in mid week.

Just what villa need in the AM position.

Hes a great player, just a shame he cant make the squad.

Over the moon Defoe's back now though!! :D

80_1217330011.jpg

- STARTING XI -

Gomes;

Hutton, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto;

Lennon, Jenas, Modric, Bale;

Van der Vaart;

Pavlyuchenko.

- SUBS -

Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Bentley, Palacios, Defoe, Crouch.

Side-note: Gallas starting as captain. hmm.

1_1288873041.jpg

- STARTING XI -

Fabianski;

Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy;

Song, Denilson;

Nasri, Fabregas, Arshavin;

Chamakh.

- SUBS -

Szczesny, Rosicky, van Persie, Walcott, Wilshere, Djourou, Eboue.

80_1217330011.jpg

- STARTING XI -

Cudicini;

Hutton' date=' Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto;

Lennon, Jenas, Modric, Bale;

Van der Vaart;

Pavlyuchenko.

[b']- SUBS -[/b]

Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Bentley, Palacios, Defoe, Crouch.

Side-note: Gallas starting as captain. hmm.

1_1288873041.jpg

- STARTING XI -

Fabianski;

Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy;

Song, Denilson;

Nasri, Fabregas, Arshavin;

Chamakh.

- SUBS -

Szczesny, Rosicky, van Persie, Walcott, Wilshere, Djourou, Eboue.

2-0 Spurs have been rocked -.-

What a cracking match! 2-0 down, looked like it was all over from the get-go, only to come back, win, 3-2. Over the moon.

Thought Hutton was rubbish for the most part of the match, yet our winner was based upon him coming up the pitch, getting knicked by Rosicky, thus cuing the VDV free-kick, Kaboul goal. Suppose we can let Alan off, this once.

Rafa but in a MOM performance, especially second half, where Lennon went off, for the return of Defoe, who did OK, which allowed more of the attacks to be centralized, rather than VDV having a free-role, where in the first half it looked like he was more of a winger than Bale and Lennon put together. 1 goal and 2 assists by Rafa, good show.

On Lennon, he's really struggling so far this season, I hope next week Niko get's a chance out on the right. It's not his preferred position, but he can play there, did so for Pompey too, did it well. If anything, it's worth a try.

Bale was doubled up on alot on the match, mainly of course by Sagna, Denilson, with Denilson having quite a few knocks on Bale, even one on VDV.

Gallas, although booed for many reasons in his return, I thought, handled the match pretty well, was a key reason in perhaps why the match wasn't a complete write-off in the first half, making timely tackles, blocks in our last-third. The most concerning thing about him is, him going down in the second half, which leaves us to believe he's injured, nothing too serious though I hope, as we can't afford anymore setback to our defenders.

Werder Bremen next, mid-week. COYS.