Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Oh no I understood what you meant' date=' I just think you are wrong and should wait until they actually achieve something before proclaiming it as the deal of the century or something of that ilk

Thought my explanation was pretty clear cut but hopefully that should spell it out a bit clearer for you so you can "keep up to speed" :)[/quote']

So you don't think Eriksen (a player Liverpool were linked with wernt they) on paper seems a bargain for 11.5m

We all know if Liverpool had a day like today you would be delighted.

Just feels like jealousy from Arsenal and Liverpool, Arsenal because they haven't made any signing of note and Liverpool because their potential signing of note has just joined Spurs for a small fee.

Just be happy for them :)

It's been emotional but ill stop here.

Sour grapes everywhere today in this thread - Spurs obviously ruffling a few feathers

No jealousy from me, people who know me would know that.

just for clarity though Liverpool never actually went in for Eriksen so I am not sure what I am meant to be jealous of????

My only point is and will continue to be as has been the same for every player who has joined my own club......let them do the business prove that they are worthy of the hype and then praise them when they achieve something.

How that makes me jealous or bitter I have no idea :confused:

No jealousy from me' date=' people who know me would know that.

just for clarity though Liverpool never actually went in for Eriksen so I am not sure what I am meant to be jealous of????

My only point is and will continue to be as has been the same for every player who has joined my own club......let them do the business prove that they are worthy of the hype and then praise them when they achieve something.

How that makes me jealous or bitter I have no idea :confused:[/quote']

Well you seem to be getting pretty passionate about dismissing Spurs' signings who are evidently good players and have proven so already, and particularly in Eriksen's case, come at relatively small fees. Liverpool were heavily linked to Eriksen and I'm sure if he signed for you, you'd be bogging him up rather than putting him down. Granted he needs to prove himself in the EPL, but at £10m, Christian Eriksen is a phenomenally good deal for Tottenham. Amazing.

Spurs are clearly building a quality side but are none of the Spurs fans concerned they've only brought in one out and out striker? Clearly gonna play with only one up top but that leaves you with only Defoe as back up...

Surely some of those mega bucks could have been spent on another striker....

BTW is ADEBEYOR even at your club anymore? ;)

Well you seem to be getting pretty passionate about dismissing Spurs' signings who are evidently good players and have proven so already' date=' and particularly in Eriksen's case, come at relatively small fees. Liverpool were heavily linked to Eriksen and I'm sure if he signed for you, you'd be bogging him up rather than putting him down. Granted he needs to prove himself in the EPL, but at £10m, Christian Eriksen is a phenomenally good deal for Tottenham. Amazing.[/quote']

Well you quite clearly have never read any of my own personal opinion on Eriksen. If I could be bothered I would get one of the numerous quotes by myself and post it but I don't need to. My point and only point was that these players need to do it for Tottenham then you give them the credit and say how well they have done for Tottenham, none of them have achieved anything at Tottenham in the same way that Sakho, Ilori whoever joins Liverpool need to do it for my side then they get the praise.

Good to know that you apparently can read my mind though :rolleyes: I am not jealous, I am not bitter why would I be about anything another clubs policies, all clubs want to improve and Tottenham are showing good ambition which I credit them for but as I say the eulogies should be saved for when they produce on a consistent basis in a Spurs shirt, then you can say they have been wonderful business for Spurs.

I like eriksen hes a good player and the Price is good but not amazing that everyone is goingon about. 1 year left on his contract and only One destination that was Spurs, fresh project and im sure a couple of other teams that are bigger than Spurs were probably after him but he rejected them, If arsenal were in for him i have no doubt in my mind he would have rejected Us to join spurs.

Well I apologise for jumping the gun then Ray.

Btw' date=' don't start chucking around the 'Why don't you read what I say' line. It makes you look stupid and sticks you in a category with other idiots on here.[/quote']

I never said that for starters. Why do people on this forum always seem to change what people actually said.

I said you have clearly never read any of my own posts on Eriksen otherwise you would not have come up with your initial statement. If you had then I am sure you would not have made it as my opinion of Eriksen is well documented on many threads on this forum including the Liverpool one I might add.

I don't get certain parts of this forum, you make a simple and IMO valid point and because some people disagree they try to belittle somebody who has a differing opinion.

It is supposed to be an active debate and if everybody thought the same then it would be fairly boring.

I never said that for starters. Why do people on this forum always seem to change what people actually said.

I said you have clearly never read any of my own posts on Eriksen otherwise you would not have come up with your initial statement. If you had then I am sure you would not have made it as my opinion of Eriksen is well documented on many threads on this forum including the Liverpool one I might add.

I don't get certain parts of this forum' date=' you make a simple and IMO valid point and because some people disagree they try to belittle somebody who has a differing opinion.

It is supposed to be an active debate and if everybody thought the same then it would be fairly boring.[/quote']

Did you edit your post? :confused::confused: I would've sworn my life away you said that. You'll have to excuse me on this one Ray. Sorry

I know people can have differing opinions but Spurs, more to the point Levy and Baldini have done a great job this summer for the club. I'm sure you'll agree that off the basis of his form in Hooland, Eriksen is a great capture for almost any team, and definitely Spurs.

Did you edit your post? :confused::confused: I would've sworn my life away you said that. You'll have to excuse me on this one Ray. Sorry

I know people can have differing opinions but Spurs' date=' more to the point Levy and Baldini have done a great job this summer for the club. I'm sure you'll agree that off the basis of his form in Hooland, Eriksen is a great capture for almost any team, and definitely Spurs.[/quote']

nope

Again if you had read my posts on Eriksen you would know that I don't share the hype over Eriksen and never have. Lamela is the genuine exciting signing IMO but again let him prove it then give the praise. There have been bigger and better players than Lamela/Eriksen etc who have come to the EPL with massive reputations price tags and for whatever reason it aint worked out.

I ain't saying they are going to fail, in fact as a fan of football I would love to see the best players performing at the top of there game in the EPL (except against Liverpool) it makes it the best and most exciting League in the world.

Joke is' date=' with the new TV deal they would probably only have to finish around 5-8th to get that :rolleyes:[/quote']

Really? :o

In that case KEEP BALE! :P

Right time for a bit more seriousness.

What does everyone think Tottenham's best 11 is now (let's assume that they won't make anymore signings)?

Really? :o

In that case KEEP BALE! :P

Right time for a bit more seriousness.

What does everyone think Tottenham's best 11 is now (let's assume that they won't make anymore signings)?

According to the Telegraph, Champions get £100m, last place gets just over £60m, so law of averages suggests about sixth would get £85m. I'm sure that Levy wouldn't spend nearly £100m without having a revenue forecast suggesting he could cover it.

As for them;

Lloris

Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose

Paulinho - Sandro

Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli

Soldado

Subs: Friedal, BAE, Chiriches, Capoue, Dembele, Townsend, Defoe

I don't understand why Bale doesn't stay now if that is the case ? He must be happy with the quality in their team now, and with him in there, they would be serious title contenders. As much as I hate to say it, I love some of their signings. Chiriches might be on the bench for the first few games, but I really expect him to be a regular starter in the future. The way this kid breaks out from defense and up the pitch is superb, and defensively he's a master, though he does sometime lose concentration.

I don't understand why Bale doesn't stay now if that is the case ? He must be happy with the quality in their team now' date=' and with him in there, they would be serious title contenders. As much as I hate to say it, I love some of their signings. Chiriches might be on the bench for the first few games, but I really expect him to be a regular starter in the future. The way this kid breaks out from defense and up the pitch is superb, and defensively he's a master, though he does sometime lose concentration.[/quote']

Bale has ronaldo wallpaper, ronaldo curtains and ronaldo clothes, his life spirals around ronaldo and he wants to play with Ronaldo in every way you can imagine.

The way this kid breaks out from defense and up the pitch is superb' date=' and defensively he's a master, though he does sometime lose concentration.[/quote']

That's what I'm worried about; in other countries, defenders get more time on the ball to waltz out of defence, but he won't get that luxury in the EPL. He'll learn though :)