Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Was not about this game ' date=' was about all this season , I think you only conced 2 or 3 goals with Chiriches on the field ...that must mean something .[/quote']

Problem is, they've also only scored 2 or 3 goals when Churches has been on the field. Their defence is decent with or without him.

I can easily identify Tottenhams problems - language barriers between the players.

There are so many different cultural players at Spurs, communication can easily break down.

not to mention they have very little speed directly through the middle.

The build up play is too slow, and this never helps when the team shape is 4-5-1.

They need to ease off the transfer Market, signing more overseas players in January will only hinder their problems even worse.

strong youth academies and infrastructure for home grown talent is the way forward to success.

They just need to look at Fc Bayern Munchen and Borussia Dortmund for that.B)

tbh, Defoe could still play at the top level for a few more years. He could go back to West Ham and solve their goal scoring problems, a big and small partnership when Carroll returns or maybe to QPR to link up with Redknapp, QPR ain't doing that bad at the mo.

tbh' date=' Defoe could still play at the top level for a few more years. He could go back to West Ham and solve their goal scoring problems, a big and small partnership when Carroll returns or maybe to QPR to link up with Redknapp, QPR ain't doing that bad at the mo.[/quote']

Defoe wouldnt do well at West Ham at all. They need a target man and not because they simply boot it from the back, im not suggesting that but they repeatedly cross balls into the box and very rarely play balls through the middle or behind the defense. Nor would big Sam play 2 strikers up top, Nolan is un-drop-able for some reason and Noble / Morrison / Diame / Jarvis are to important to their system.

Defoe would be completely wasted at West Ham.

I agree though, he could play at the top for a while longer.

Looks like everyone had their fun in this thread after last weekend.

I predict Tottenham 2-0 Man Utd on sunday. They will be over confident, believing they played great on Wednesday, when really Leverkusen froze to them massively due to the name.

Lamela + Eriksen + Townsend = future greatness.B)

The media calls, for AVB's head is nonsense. He should remain Spurs boss for 4 years minimum, but Football especially in England has become fickle due to cuckoo English directors and board members thinking any Tom Dick and Harry they employ next, will offer instant success.

Unless your a Southampton board member....;) lol

He should be.

He used to be revered in Spain, for his deadly finishing.

Sometimes the Premier league can be a graveyard for a lot of 27+ year old players e.g. Shevchenko, Veron, Deco etc etc.

Defoe always gets overlooked is well for some reason.

If Spurs actually sold Adebayor and other dead wood, and payed the 35m tag of Damiao, they probably would be top 3 minimum.B)

He used to be revered in Spain' date=' for his deadly finishing.

Sometimes the Premier league can be a graveyard for a lot of 27+ year old players e.g. Shevchenko, Veron, Deco etc etc.

If Spurs actually sold Adebayor and other dead wood, and payed the 35m tag of Damiao, they probably would be top 3 minimum.B)[/quote']

Spurs are one striker away from top three? Wow.

If Spurs actually sold Adebayor and other dead wood, and payed the 35m tag of Damiao, they probably would be top 3 minimum.B)[/quote']

Oh for gods sake.

Spurs are one striker away from top three? Wow.

Eriksen, Lamela and Townend behind Soldado and Damiao would be as good as Chelseas front 5 for sure (Excluding Mata)

Tottenham need to scrap their policy of 2 defensive midfielders.

Capoue is too slow and Spurs will improve with Kaboul back.B)

Eriksen' date=' Lamela and Townend behind Soldado and Damiao would be as good as Chelseas front 5 for sure (Excluding Mata)

Tottenham need to scrap their policy of 2 defensive midfielders.

Capoue is too slow and Spurs will improve with Kaboul back.B)[/quote']

Chelsea plays a front 5? Usually either Eto'o or Torres upfront

Lamela has yet to fully adapt to the league, takes time.

Chelsea plays a front 5? Usually either Eto'o or Torres upfront

Lamela has yet to fully adapt to the league' date=' takes time.[/quote']

Chelsea usually plays 4-1-4-1 I believe.

I mean the furthest 5 attacking players lol.

Seeing as both sides equip so many CAM players lol.

Realistically Damiao could have got Spurs a top 4 position, but I think they might finish 5th again unless they sign a marquee CF to replace Adebayor with - with the top 4 potentially being Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd - like old times.B)

Chelsea usually plays 4-1-4-1 I believe.

I mean the furthest 5 attacking players lol.

Seeing as both sides equip so many CAM players lol.

Realistically Damiao could have got Spurs a top 4 position' date=' but I think they might finish 5th again unless they sign a marquee CF to replace Adebayor with - with the top 4 potentially being Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd - like old times.B)[/quote']

Erm... City?

Tottenham need a fresh face in defence of high quality too, that Chichries isn't a first team starter yet, they did well to re-invest what they got, but some of the signings seem a little odd.

Tottenham don't play to Soldado's strengths, heading, and tap ins, they have a greedy winger on one side, and another who passes it square all the time. They need to adapt to play him or he needs to adapt to Tottenham's style, Lamela is my problem, 30m? :rolleyes:

;2793707']Erm... City?

Tottenham need a fresh face in defence of high quality too' date=' that Chichries isn't a first team starter yet, they did well to re-invest what they got, but some of the signings seem a little odd.

Tottenham don't play to Soldado's strengths, heading, and tap ins, they have a greedy winger on one side, and another who passes it square all the time. They need to adapt to play him or he needs to adapt to Tottenham's style, Lamela is my problem, 30m? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Agree with what you say about Bobby. Pointless having a predator in the box if you don't play to his strengths. Lamela will come good

Which clown allowed you back on the forum? sigh.