Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

spurs-logo.gif

THFC NEWS

So in today's Spurs transfer news/rumours....

- INNY -

Conflicting news on a push for the Becks loan;

• David Beckham is on the verge of completing a loan move to Spurs. (The Sun)

• Tottenham have told David Beckham it is now or never if the midfielder wants to move to White Hart Lane on a nine-week loan deal from Los Angeles Galaxy. "It can't go on too long because otherwise it would be a waste of time," said Spurs boss Harry Redknapp. "By the time David comes here, settles in, and then he is only here for five or six weeks - it's a waste isn't it?" (Mirror)

This one sounds like utter pish to me. Never believe anything from caughtoffside.

• Tottenham will attempt to persuade Newcastle United to sell their young striker Andy Carroll by offering forward Robbie Keane, winger David Bentley and midfielder Niko Kranjcar or a straight cash offer of about £22m. (caughtoffside)

• Sky Sports News sources understand that Newcastle have dismissed an enquiry from Tottenham regarding Andy Carroll. (Sky Sports)
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6635801,00.html

• Spurs have also joined the race for Southampton's 17-year-old midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. (talkSPORT)

• Tottenham are lining up a January bid for £17m-rated Ajax striker Luis Suarez. (Mirror)

On a personal note, would love it if we got Ricky V.

• Liverpool and Tottenham have asked about the availability of FC Utrecht forward Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who has been compared to Dutch great Marco van Basten. (sport.co.uk)

- OUTTY -

• Birmingham are set to sign 23-year-old Boca Juniors striker Pablo Mouche on loan and also want Robbie Keane from Spurs. (Daily Mail)

• Gareth Bale could be on his way out come the summer, with 3 Italian all keen to land the flying Welshman; AC Milan / Inter / Juventus, which his agent has confirmed. (Numerous Papers, sites)

Birmingham look certain to land Keane now, Its all over Sky Sports News Website... and other sites

Were close to agreeing a fee around 6/7m personal terms are a long way off but my fingers and toes are crossed :D

Birmingham City have confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur winger David Bentley is to join them on loan

Really pleased about this as Bentley couldn't get into the team and now he should get alot of play time with Birmingham.

An agreement between LA Galaxy and Tottenham has yet to be reached over David Beckham’s wages, according to Sky Sports News sources

We look set to get him now and he will will do alright for us boosting our playing in the changing room and hopefully getting a few assists. :P

Tottenham and Liverpool are also being linked with Luis Suarez.

Really, Really, Really, Really hope we get him, Really hope we do. Please.

Tottenham Hotspur have completed the transfer of South Africa international Bongani Khumalo on a four-and-a-half year contract from Supersport United.

Only saw him play at the World Cup, really impressed and looked confident on the ball, a decent signing as we have had so many defensive injurys.

Kyle Walker has been sent to Aston Villa on Loan.

Again really pleased that he will be playing Premiership football. I'm a fan off his and he he is a great Right-Back.

It would be great if Bentley could go on loan, play welll, and come back with his head up. He has lost so much confidence but is such a talented player hence why we paid so much originally.

Will be interesting to see the side that we put out against Charlton, the first XI all need a rest so should be the chance for a lot of fringe players.

Guest Daragh

Just out of interest, how likely is a loan move back to Leeds for Woodgate?

Great player, I like him. Just such a shame injuries have held him back through out his career. Would be nice to see him return to Leeds - same with Smith, who's also been linked with a loan move.

Just out of interest' date=' is Woodgate back in training? Also, how likely is a loan move back to Leeds?

Great player, I like him. Just such a shame injuries have held him back through out his career.[/quote']

He is back at training and he has been linked with Leeds and Middlesbrough, whoever he will be loaned out to it will be a Championship side.

More info on Sky Sports; http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6634692,00.html

Guest Daragh

He is back at training and he has been linked with Leeds and Middlesbrough' date=' whoever he will be loaned out to it will be a Championship side.

More info on Sky Sports; [url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6634692,00.html[/url]

Thanks. First question was kinda stupid as I pretty much answered it myself with the following question, as they wouldn't take Woodgate on loan had he not been training :o

It would be great if Bentley could go on loan' date=' play welll, and come back with his head up. He has lost so much confidence but is such a talented player hence why we paid so much originally.

Will be interesting to see the side that we put out against Charlton, the first XI all need a rest so should be the chance for a lot of fringe players.[/quote']

I agree with your sentiments on Bentley, 100%!

I've always said, 'can't we just take off his right leg, put it on Lennon'. On his day he's shown the tremendous service he can give on the wings, especially through his controlled pace, crossing, not to mention he does have a knack for free-kicks. With two aerial forwards like Crouch and Pav, you wonder how he's not been able to do perhaps with what Becks did with players like van Nistelrooy and Andy Cole, although I'm not gonna get out of my depths here, as I think those 3 are in a totally different class in their prime.

Bentley's been hampered as we know by some injuries, but yet, I think it's fair to say he's had his chances at times - sometimes taken, most times wasted. 'Arry in some senses has been right to freeze Bentley out the XI, giving him very limited playing time, if any at all. Sure, this has lowered his confidence tremendously, but when you have Lennon playing how he did last season, as well as having a par season thus far, nobody can really complain.

Definitely the downfall of Bentley was, in my opinion, that of a man, someone who has the personality of a doormat, faceless expressions that would leave you to believe he could very well have been the Bombay Duck, cue El' nutjob - JUANDE RAMOS! The man who lost the plot with our entire team, along with Commoli. Ramos played Bentley out of position numerous times, just as he did with other players. Sure the squad eventually self-imploded, to the point even thoughts of relegation surfaced, which thank god 'Arry came in and sorted it out, but players psychologically seemed damaged, for me, Bentley's never fully recovered since that demise of a season, losing his England spot under Ramos too.

Like Teb's touched on, hopefully this loan move will sort him out. He's shown in some Carling Cup performances this season that he still can play very well. His vision, passing when he's on it, and I'm gonna go out on the line here... can even match that of Niko, and in some cases even Modric, although I'm not gonna push it too far, Modric is Modric, pure genius!

Looks like Brum is where Bentley's heading, according to SS, saying he's due for a medical, so he'll need a prop up of the dutch courage, start getting into form. I was actually hoping we were looking to push him out for cash, but I wouldn't be upset if this is a loan with an option to buy deal, or perhaps a one... *cough* Newcastle might come in, get something sorted. He's a player that has attracted quite abit of interest, which I can't fault, but even as a Spurs supporter my patience is treading on thin with him, perhaps a perm move away is what he needs, not just a loan, but, should it bring the best back out in him, then I'll gladly hope 'Arry gives him another go, but you can only wait so long.

Just out of interest' date=' how likely is a loan move back to Leeds for Woodgate?

Great player, I like him. Just such a shame injuries have held him back through out his career. Would be nice to see him return to Leeds - same with Smith, who's also been linked with a loan move.[/quote']

Was just talking with someone the other day, about the possibility of Woody and Smithy heading back to Leeds, then thought what a site it would be if they somehow managed to bring back Keano, Kewell and Robbo, on top of that. :D

spurs-logo.gif

THFC NEWS

So in today's Spurs transfer news/rumours....

- INNY -

The Becks watch continues, with many sources;

• David Beckham's much-anticipated arrival on loan at Tottenham Hotspur is likely to be confirmed over the weekend and although he will be around for only two months, the former England captain will have a massive impact at White Hart Lane, according to Spurs manager Harry Redknapp. (The Telegraph)

• Harry Redknapp expects David Beckham to complete his loan move to Tottenham this weekend - but failed in a bid to convince LA Galaxy to let him miss the start of the MLS season. (Daily Express)

I could only imagine his reception at WHL if this happens;

• David Beckham will join Arsenal if his loan deal to Tottenham Hotspur is not completed within the next few days - but only to train. (The Independent)

Fergie has his say ... as usual;

• Sir Alex Ferguson has voiced reservations about the impact David Beckham will have for Tottenham Hotspur if he returns to English football on a two-month loan to the London club. (The Guardian)

goal.com ... hmm, know 'Arry like Luis Suarez, the source though, not that repuatable.

• Tottenham are to make a formal approach for striker Luis Suarez after being told the Ajax star is available for £16.8m (goal.com)

Once again caughtoffside with utter rubbish, although I could see Scott Parker in summer a possible move.

• Tottenham are plotting their own £40m transfer coup with the club interested in Liverpool defender Daniel Agger, West Ham midfielder Scott Parker and Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor. (caughtoffside)

- OUTTY -

• Fulham are set to hijack Birmingham's £7m move for Tottenham forward Robbie Keane. (talkSPORT)

• QPR are also battling with Leeds to sign Tottenham's central defender Jonathan Woodgate. (Daily Mirror)

And City would lose 65% if Tevez left......

Yeah, because we don't have a world class striker or two to replace him... Oh and we obviously can't score goals without him... Oh no wait, that's wrong again :rolleyes:

To be fair, Mancini was wrong to say what he did (what's the context?)...

Birmingham have had a bid accepted by Tottenham for unsettled striker Robbie Keane.

The 30-year-old has been heavily linked with a loan move to West Ham over the last few days, but Spurs boss Harry Redknapp moved to silence that speculation on Friday, stressing that any deal must be to buy the striker.

And the Blues have now emerged as front-runners to secure Keane's signature after agreeing a £4million fee with Tottenham, which could rise to £6m via various add-ons and clauses in the deal.

Was just talking with someone the other day' date=' about the possibility of Woody and Smithy heading back to Leeds, then thought what a site it would be if they somehow managed to bring back Keano, Kewell and Robbo, on top of that. :D[/quote']

We would not want Kewell back. Would happily take Keane and Woody though. Caspar > Robbo.

Anyway, Modric has been a different class today. Can't help but think that Crouch is the most overrated player in the EPL, I cannot stand him, so sloowwwwwww. Hutton has been great also, and Lennon looked dangerous. Yet again though, Bale fails to turn up for a big PL game...

We would not want Kewell back. Would happily take Keane and Woody though. Caspar > Robbo.

Anyway' date=' Modric has been a different class today. Can't help but think that Crouch is the most overrated player in the EPL, I cannot stand him, so sloowwwwwww. Hutton has been great also, and Lennon looked dangerous. Yet again though, Bale fails to turn up for a big PL game...[/quote']

I was just thinking the same thought about Crouch during this game. He did NOTHING, won maybe 2/20 headers, and never really threatened Man United. Crouch has scored 1 goal in 15 games in the league; why does he continue to start. Yes, he was good in like one game against Young Boys, but there is no way he should be starting for a team aiming for the title or even the top 4.

Big disagreement on Bale though, he was far more effective than Lennon, who was not too bad but not that great either. Modric was the best, and Hutton was relatively solid.

Tottenham just really need to find a good striker. Like a GOOD striker. Like one who can actually create his own goals, a Hulk or Falcao maybe? Because you never know which Pavlyuchenko is going to show up, Crouch is useless against good teams, and Defoe isn't a brilliant striker, he's a decent striker who also doesn't shine against good teams, but at least works hard throughout.

Anyway' date=' Modric has been a different class today. Can't help but think that Crouch is the most overrated player in the EPL, I cannot stand him, so sloowwwwwww. Hutton has been great also, and Lennon looked dangerous. Yet again though, Bale fails to turn up for a big PL game...[/quote']

Firstly agree on your sentiments about Modric, he's really turning into a complete midfielder, as I've said, I still think to this date, even considering what Bale and VDV have done for us, Luka's still our main man.

On Bale, whilst I won't say he was good, I certainly wouldn't say he failed to turn up. When he had room on the left, was given service he had no problem running at Rafael, getting crosses in. The main problem which arose in our game, which pretty much at times isolated Lennon, Bale, was we played the ball far too much up the middle. Our wings are our highlighted attacking point, which we pretty much self-sabotaged, through bad decision making, mainly through VDV, who I must say on the day looked like he was purely in it for glory, not thinking with his head, along with Palacios' ridiculous attempts at long range blasts from outside the '18. Lest we not forget too, about the amount of balls that were played up to Crouchy, who really didn't have a number on Vidic and co.

I still don't understand how Crouch lasted more than one half, was almost certain 'Arry would bring on Pav. Crouch may compliment the mid better than Pav, but in this match, our mid were controlling the tempo, mainly through Modric, without the help of Crouch, what we needed was a finisher, something which Pav does better out of the 2.

In all, a point's a good result to take away, but looking at how we played, also having the man advantage, it was a chance wasted.

I've just seen on Sky Sports now; Spurs agree Pienaar fee.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6668589,00.html

Guess it's a tug and war between us and Chelsea now.

Lastly, I leave you all with this:

VKCm5uWwtaQ