Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Ballsy selection from Sherwood: Lloris' date=' Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose, Lamela, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Soldado, Adebayor.

Hopefully Spurs will be entertaining to watch at least![/quote']

Awful awful selection. Midfield are going to capitulate to Southhampton. Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Edit: But Adebayor is boss.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think Soldado and Defoe will work' date=' they're far too similar, if they have a strike partner surely it needs to be a physical presence who can make the space for them to exploit. Adebayor and Soldado or Defoe would work miles better IMO. Just depends what Adebayor decides to turn up under the new manager.[/quote']

Have I got the job yet?

Have I got the job yet?

I'm not sure it was a complete success. I watched the first half and Spurs were suffering from their front two being lazy and not getting back and helping out the midfield. Southampton were able to break often and effectively and could have scored more.

That said, Adebayor's a very good finisher and the pairing worked very well for at least Spurs' first goal.

Think it was a brave team selection that won the Keegan way of outscoring the opposition. Not sure if they'll be able to do that regularly against better midfields than Southampton's weakened one today.

Lots of chat about Van Gaal last night. Will be absolutely delighted if we get him.

Sherwood to manage Spurs until the summer.

Van Gaal to manage Holland until after the world cup finals.

Van Gaal to take over Spurs.

Hiddink to take over Holland.

?

Lots of chat about Van Gaal last night. Will be absolutely delighted if we get him.

Blimey if you thought AVB had problems with man-management then he has nothing on this guy' date=' team spirit, morale usually goes out the window with him about.

I can see him being a reciepe for disaster.

Are you sure Spurs just didn't clone Dembele as he went off??

What's that then? A midfielder who don't score goals, don't make goals and can't defend......not to much to worry about then :o

I don't think Van Gaal is as attractive as first meets the eye.

Hiddink would be a better option if you can get him. However i'd love to see Frank De Boer get the job. He's doing great at Ajax. Would like to see him in the Premier League from a neutral point of view

Why not? He knows the club, he's worked closely with the players previously and he got you playing good football yesterday. Perhaps it would have been more ideal to give him a contract that expired at the end of this season (a trial run if you will), but he might do well, so it could turn out to be a great thing down the line.

It worked for Chelsea with Di Matteo (when he was at the club). The only reason he was sacked was because Abramovich is an arse :)

Tottenham appoint Tim Sherwood as head coach until the end of next season. More on Sky Sports News #SSN

980.gif

nxkih3.jpg.gif

They can fire him if he doesn't perform. Pretty sure his contract is cheap.

Also think that 1.5 years is there to avoid the Benitez-problem, that is players or fans potentially disrespecting the manager thinking he's gone soon.

Also to give Sherwood some extra motivation to do his best, his butt is covered financially if they do decide to fire him at the end of season.

Good to see an English man get a chance, doesnt happen enough these days. Captain of a title winning side, knows the game, the language & the clubs heritage, best of luck to him. He wanted the job, now he's got it, so up to him to prove it is the right choice, along with the support of the players and the fans

Think he might not get away with yesterday's formation against to top teams but I'm sure he knows that already!

Really ? WOW' date=' what a comparison.[/quote']

He's right. A large majority of people thought Southampton were idiots for sacking Adkins at the time, and some even went as far as saying that they had no chance of staying up (me being one of those :o), but now look at them.

If anything, more people are in favour of Sherwood taking over at Spurs than they were about Pochettino taking over at Southampton.

He's right. A large majority of people thought Southampton were idiots for sacking Adkins at the time' date=' and some even went as far as saying that they had no chance of staying up (me being one of those :o), but now look at them.

If anything, more people are in favour of Sherwood taking over at Spurs than they were about Pochettino taking over at Southampton.[/quote']

Pochettino was a proven manager. At the time he had a bigger reputation than Adkins, much bigger. Who is Sherwood ? Do Tottenham really think he's the man to take them forward ? Ahh please.

Pochettino was a proven manager. At the time he had a bigger reputation than Adkins' date=' much bigger. Who is Sherwood ? Do Tottenham really think he's the man to take them forward ? Ahh please.[/quote']

If he was such a great proven manager why were people against him?why was gus contract terminated by mutual consent?

Adkins had proved himself in the English league whereas Pochettino could have easily been a flop.

Archived