Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Alex' date=' I find it very strange how when spurs are doing poorly, and cant seem to win a few games and there manager gets the sack how your coincidentally "away on holidays" or don't have much time for the forum theses days yet, the second spurs get a win, or a win over a team you do not like, your straight back on here some how ready to post away.[/color']

When spurs were down and out (which they still are) you were nowhere to be found apparently "on holidays" now they string a win or 2 and you all of a sudden have all the time in the world.

smileys-summer-935423.gif

Just something I picked up on.

You say some moronic things sometimes.

To question Alex's commitment to Spurs is pretty insulting.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex' date=' I find it very strange how when spurs are doing poorly, and cant seem to win a few games and there manager gets the sack how your coincidentally "away on holidays" or don't have much time for the forum theses days yet, the second spurs get a win, or a win over a team you do not like, your straight back on here some how ready to post away.[/color']

When spurs were down and out (which they still are) you were nowhere to be found apparently "on holidays" now they string a win or 2 and you all of a sudden have all the time in the world.

smileys-summer-935423.gif

Just something I picked up on.

I completely agree with you Tony bud. You tell them.

Soldado's played very well today. His hold up play has been very good' date=' he's caused Vermaelen some problems and most important got himself in to good positions in and around the box.[/quote']

I disagree.. has been very wasteful and keeps drifting off to the wing where he is useless. Other than the flick which Vermarlen dealt with anyway, can't remember anything else he has done to be deemed as very good, even in his hold up play.

Soldado's played very well today. His hold up play has been very good' date=' he's caused Vermaelen some problems and most important got himself in to good positions in and around the box.[/quote']

He was awful. His shots on goal in decent positions were appalling and his main contributions towards the game were negative.

And to think people though Negredo was the lesser signing :o

Soldado was absolute pish. A total shadow of his Valencia days. Would rather see young Kane get a run

Kane hasn't done well enough in recent loan spells to warrant their extensions, never mind first team football.

Soldado didn't get the service he needs, despite getting in great positions. He is a class act and will come good, but his team mates need to play to his strengths.

Really? Result aside' date=' i thought it was a high quality game.[/quote']

No it didn't do much for me.

Spurs were dreadful. Especially considering you lot had Fabianski in goal. They didn't test him anywhere near enough. Was gonna say Adebayor was poor as well as Soldado but the more I thought about it, no Spurs player really stood out as having a decent game

Soldado didn't get the service he needs' date=' despite getting in great positions. He is a class act and will come good, but his team mates need to play to his strengths.[/quote']

When they do supply him with the service, he never takes that chance he either blazes a shot into the stands or drags a shot miles off target. I don't know what his team mates can do if he is just terrible atm.. Look at Adebayor, he's been getting service and scoring.

When they do supply him with the service' date=' he never takes that chance he either blazes a shot into the stands or drags a shot miles off target. I don't know what his team mates can do if he is just terrible atm.. Look at Adebayor, he's been getting service and scoring.[/quote']

He does take chances, they didn't give him enough service tonight. A lot of his chances were half chances at best. He got n a few great positions over the course of the game, but his team mates looked for different options such as Adebayor. His team mates can play him to his strengths, give him good crosses and give him the ball in more dangerous areas.

He does take chances' date=' they didn't give him enough service tonight. A lot of his chances were half chances at best. He got n a few great positions over the course of the game, but his team mates looked for different options such as Adebayor. His team mates can play him to his strengths, give him good crosses and give him the ball in more dangerous areas.[/quote']

He certainly hasn't been taking his chances this season at all. Almost every chance, whether it be half or clear cut he doesn't even hit the target. A lot of crosses were put in, some better than others (Eriksens were atrocious) he was outside of the box or on one of the wings.. which was brought up on skysports a few weeks back actually. It's hard a lot of the time for his team to play to his strengths if he is drifting out to the wings. It's something Andy Carroll done an awful lot of for Liverpool too. When I see him in the box he doesn't make much of an effort to escape his marker either.

He certainly hasn't been taking his chances this season at all. Almost every chance' date=' whether it be half or clear cut he doesn't even hit the target. A lot of crosses were put in, some better than others (Eriksens were atrocious) he was outside of the box or on one of the wings.. which was brought up on skysports a few weeks back actually. It's hard a lot of the time for his team to play to his strengths if he is drifting out to the wings. It's something Andy Carroll done an awful lot of for Liverpool too. When I see him in the box he doesn't make much of an effort to escape his marker either.[/quote']

Well he took the eleven chances that he's scored.

No, he's not taken all of his chances, and has missed some chances that he will know he can do better with but he's adapting to the Premier League and it will take time to see the best of him.

He's bound to drift to out wide when he's not getting any joy in the middle, given time he'll be lethal for Spurs.

How many of these have been penalties? About five of those at least I'd assume were penalties' date=' and the rest probably in the Europa League against substandard opposition.[/quote']

Well four of his five league goals were penalties, but the penalties still had to be scored. Yes, his Europa League goals haven't been against strong opposition, but he's shown his finishing ability in the competition which can't be ignored. He scored a hat trick against Anzhi, and two against Tblisi.

Archived