Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Yep' date=' he hasnt been great. Id be furious if we spent 25m on such a striker.[/quote']

I know. Lot of Arsenal fans who were very keen on Soldado. It is all well and good t be wise after the event as we all have been on certain players etc down the years but I do feel sme sympathy for him.

He is and always will be essentially a box player he Dont linkup well, he ain't got pace but he is by and large a decent finisher much in the mould of a Gary Lineker if we go that far back and the service he has got on a lot of occasions has been pretty woeful.

The one thing I did say when he arrived is you cannot play him as a lone striker in the PL because in the PL you need a certain skill set to play that role and those do not instantly match Soldado's qualities. TBF I think since he has had Adebayor alongside him he has looked better and Spurs should persist with him in that formation.

However yesterday you had to match Arsenal with five in midfield it was football suicide to play with one less man in the middle against Arsenal's major strength and showed a bit of football naivety from Sherwood in his approach to this particular game.

This week apparently!

Monday according to sky sports

they need a replacement probably cheap as i cant see them spending much after the big splurge in the summer maybe bring Berba back till end of the season?

long is a decent enough player but i don't think he would work at Spurs ideally i think Bentekkers would be a good fit but he's been garbage this season
I don't see why he wouldn't work....

As for Benteke, seeing as he is off form he could be brought at a cut price, whether Sherwood would get the best out of him and install some confidence... who knows? Maybe he was a one season wonder...

Talk of a Vucivic and Lemela+ cash swap been rumoured quite a lot lately with the deal coming from Juves side you you get cash and Vuc could be a good deal for you lot but i pre fare Giavinco

That'll be a steal for Juve if it happen. Vucinic is their 4th striker at the moment and Lamela already know how to play in Italy

Vucinic played really good in the first fixtures of Serie A but then got injured. He can play on the wing aswell as a second striker so might be really usefull for Tottenham. The cash balances the deal and in my opinion it will help both squads.

Vucinic played really good in the first fixtures of Serie A but then got injured. He can play on the wing aswell as a second striker so might be really usefull for Tottenham. The cash balances the deal and in my opinion it will help both squads.

Nah,it'll only benefit Juve. Lamela still much a better player than Vucinic and probably the most sellable asset from Spurs despite not playing to his standard until now (or not even playing at all)

Wouldn't agree with you there. Vucinic is a good player, but the deal Juve are putting on the table is ridiculous for Spurs.

His market value is tops 3-4 million, and by adding even 15 million, Spurs would be losing a substantial amount of money over a short period. And looking at Levy, he doesn't seem like the man who's going to be on a spending spree soon.

The best option for the moment IMO is to send Lamela on loan in the Serie A, get him some match fitness and build up his form again, and then bring him back in the summer.

Wouldn't agree with you there. Vucinic is a good player' date=' but the deal Juve are putting on the table is ridiculous for Spurs.

[b']His market value is tops 3-4 million, and by adding even 15 million, Spurs would be losing a substantial amount of money over a short period. And looking at Levy, he doesn't seem like the man who's going to be on a spending spree soon.[/b]

The best option for the moment IMO is to send Lamela on loan in the Serie A, get him some match fitness and build up his form again, and then bring him back in the summer.

Well Juventus are trying to sell him for 10 millions which is more then double of your expectations and just because he didn't play for 2 months doesn't mean his value will drop drastically.

If Lamela comes on loan l'm sure Marotta will add a buy-option as getting him just to play some games isn't our priority and wouldn't do any good to us, would it? Conte is looking to change formation from 352 to 4231/433 and Lamela would definitely be a starter.

Replacement for what? His one league goal in 2013? He's toilet and has done absolutely nothing for ages.

For sitting on the bench? Or to become a starting striker? You need a forward now you sell Defoe,especially if Sherwood keep playing 2 strikers upfront