Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Oh dear :eek:

Poor result for you lot' date=' surely thats the ends the chances of a top 4 finish?

This was the year you was suppose to over take us, yet you have fallen further behind ;)[/quote']

I wouldn't go that far, they're still only 6 points behind.

Chelsea away' date=' 8.

Benfica home, 13.

Arsenal home, 16.

Benfica away, 20.

Southampton home, 23.

Liverpool away 30

You couldn't ask more in March![/quote']

Wouldnt be surprised if they rested for the Europa League. Qualifying for CL is much more important and really need to beat Liverpool, and im sure they will want to beat us to stop our title challenge.

Lol. Really?

It was play acting you can deny it but we all know what we saw, you can try and cloud it over anyway you like.

Soldado should have got sent off in the first half as well for a blatant elbow, he knew what he was doing as well.

Still glad you went through personally, more games the better.

iFC3lq_-c-s

To be fair, it does look like vertonghen gets hit by Zozulya (0:53), and zozulya goes in with his head looking for Vertonghen.

But Vertonghen did what every footballer nowadays would do, fall like hes just been hit by a sniper. I do agree that the exaggeration is really ridicolous, but then again, ridicolous has lately become the standard for these kind of situations

Really defending him? He purposely got a player sent off with ridiculous play acting and running into him. If you defend that then wow.

Not really, haven't said anything about it being acceptable. More just the hilarious hypocrisy of this coming from a Liverpool fan, that's all.

It was play acting you can deny it but we all know what we saw' date=' you can try and cloud it over anyway you like.

Soldado should have got sent off in the first half as well for a blatant elbow, he knew what he was doing as well.

Still glad you went through personally, more games the better.[/quote']

Of course it was play acting, but lets not pretend like nobody else does it. And the antics that Dnipro were getting up to was damn right disgusting.

Of course it was play acting' date=' but lets not pretend like nobody else does it. And the antics that Dnipro were getting up to was damn right disgusting.[/quote']

The fact that everybody does it still doesn't make it wright to do, i like Tottenham, but it was pretty ridiculous from my point of view

The fact that everybody does it still doesn't make it wright to do' date=' i like Tottenham, but it was pretty ridiculous from my point of view[/quote']

Modern day football. Authorities do nothing about it so why fail because of taking the moral high ground? It's a results business.

What's the consensus on AVB vs. Sherwood for Spurs fans? I personally don't see any improvement whatsoever.

A case that Sherwood is keeping the seat warm until the summer?

18 month contract won't take much to pay him off but, who to replace him not if but when like you say?

What's the consensus on AVB vs. Sherwood for Spurs fans? I personally don't see any improvement whatsoever.

A case that Sherwood is keeping the seat warm until the summer?

AVB in 26 games had 17-4-5.

Sherwood has in 17 games 9-2-6.

AVB in 26 games had 17-4-5.

Sherwood has in 17 games 9-2-6.

In the league they're AVB 8-3-5 and Sherwood 8-2-3 as AVB's record against useless European sides was very good. AVB working with an essentially new side though.

In the league they're AVB 8-3-5 and Sherwood 8-2-3 as AVB's record against useless European sides was very good. AVB working with an essentially new side though.

plus 6 and 5 -0 results one after the other :o

plus 6 and 5 -0 results one after the other :o

Fair enough. I'd personally question the sacking of AVB since the squad was completely new, he'd integrated players well over time the previous season and they weren't doing that badly (more points when he got sacked than they had at the same stage the season before, when they finished in the top 4). I can see the argument going against him though in that the style of play was naff and some of the results were appalling.

However, I can't see any justification for hiring Sherwood permanently. The decision was made on the basis of just 2 games and he lost one of those! Looks absolutely clueless against the top sides and his disregard of holding midfielders is more confusing than refreshing.

It was not only about playing style or the result, personally I think he should walk away because he doesn't learn from his mistake (at Chelsea, first season in charge at Spurs), he is too rigid on his tactical and too stubborn to stray slightly from his philosophy (high defensive line etc.) and make it too predictable with no variety regardless of big or lesser club he go against.

Not to mention Levy need a scapegoat after that total overhaul which suggest they can buy they way into top 4.

Think most people always knew Sherwood wasn't qualified for the job - but he was in the right place at the right time and it made sense politically to hire him at that time.

Still think though that perhaps AVB's time at Spurs was over given those big losses and it's better just to move on. One of the highly qualified continental managers out there should have an interest in a squad as stacked as yours.