Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

What's the consensus on AVB vs. Sherwood for Spurs fans? I personally don't see any improvement whatsoever.

A case that Sherwood is keeping the seat warm until the summer?

No improvement' date=' if not worse. Relying on Adebayor to do something magical, if not we have nothing. Eriksen has shown flashes but bar that, nothing really.

I along with several others who go to every game are lost. I feel I have no direction anymore. Employing Dim Tim just felt like a complete slap in the face. We're supposed to be going for the champions league, we spent over £100m in the summer (although all was recouped) and we employ some p.e teacher in Sherwood? I mean really?

The good news is Van Gaal should be here next season. That'll give me a lift hopefully. At the moment im dreading next week, im dreading going to anfield in a few weeks, man im even dreading going to WBA :(

If you're interested + have the time to listen to an interview on another club, I really advise you to listen to this;

[url']http://www.spreaker.com/user/6608029/10-the-greg-stobart-interview[/url]

I personally think spurs can challange next season should they get a top/decent manager in.

There is a lot of quality there and €100,000,000 cant go down the drain like its nothing.

Should you lot get a decent manager in someone who can get these top players conecting and getting the best out of them, especially with the new talent that was bought then I think spurs will have the season they were supposed to have.

I personally think spurs can challange next season should they get a top/decent manager in.

There is a lot of quality there and €100' date='000,000 cant go down the drain like its nothing.

Should you lot get a decent manager in someone who can get these top players conecting and getting the best out of them, especially with the new talent that was bought then I think spurs will have the season they were supposed to have. [/i']

Based on your previous predictions I bet Spurs fans are reading the above and then already dreading next season :P

You just killed any hopes they had ;)

There is a lot of quality there and €100' date='000,000 cant go down the drain like its nothing.

Should you lot get a decent manager in someone who can get these top players conecting and getting the best out of them, especially with the new talent that was bought then I think spurs will have the season they were supposed to have. [/i']

I am going to put 10 pounds on Spurs to get relegated now

Oh my can it get any worse than the dreaded vote of confidence from Mystic Tony :)

I absolutely agree, it's vital that they hold onto their best players as well though. Lloris in particular has been making some noise about CL football, it's essential that they keep him. I imagine they have a fair amount to spend in the summer as well, if they use that money wisely they should be able to challenge for a CL place next season.

BijQ8hrIgAAp_vQ.jpg

Sherwood thinks he is going to stay at the helm next season o.O

Sacking Avb was the wrong decision and a rash one. Avb is a european champion and lead Spurs to their highest point tally in the BPL. Sacking a successful manager is stupid. Personally he shouldnt of let other people control parts of the club which lead to the downfall. Its well documented that he wanted Joao Moutinho , Villa and Hulk and not Soldado , Lamela and Capoue. If sheerwood thinks he has control over the club hes crazy.

Let me just say is Levy had Champions league ambitions he should of never sold Bale period. He did which to me means he justs wants a miracle worker who can live with his constant selling of their best players.

Sacking Avb was the wrong decision and a rash one. Avb is a european champion and lead Spurs to their highest point tally in the BPL. Sacking a successful manager is stupid. Personally he shouldnt of let other people control parts of the club which lead to the downfall. Its well documented that he wanted Joao Moutinho ' date=' Villa and Hulk and not Soldado , Lamela and Capoue. If sheerwood thinks he has control over the club hes crazy.

Let me just say is Levy had Champions league ambitions he should of never sold Bale period. He did which to me means he justs wants a miracle worker who can live with his constant selling of their best players.[/quote']

Sacking AVB was the right move, it's just hiring Sherwood that is the wong decision. Also they had to sell Bale, you simply can't turn down that kind of money. Heck even United had to sell Ronaldo when Real came calling with a World Record bid.

Your performance tonight made me want to vomit. Felt sorry for Kane Eriksen and Lloris' date=' 3 players that actually tried...[/quote']

I would include Walker with those 3, ditto Kaboul.

Don't know what to say anymore. Everything has already been said by me in the past. Nothing changing, nothing improving, somehow getting worse.

I really thought Benfica would meet a much stronger opposition at WHL, despite Spurs' bad result v Chelsea. Naughton is just terrible playing LB, and Vertonghen is so overrated...

Anyway, Benfica only suffered 2 goals in the last 17 games (Eriksen's freekick included), so I don't really believe Tottenham will manage to score 3 goals in Lisbon.

About the conflict between Jorge Jesus and Tim Sherwood, Jesus wasn't very classy with that gesture and everyone knows it, but Sherwood doesn't have any morale to talk about class... (''ultimatum'' to his players before the game).

Hoping for a great game in Portugal :P

How Tim Sherwood manages at this level is beyond me.

Tim Sherwood: Tottenham boss planning for 2014-15 campaign:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26663779

He doesn't mention playing a lot of golf either so I can only assume he expects to be a football manager still.

Edit* Ooh the fightback is on, Sherwood to be hailed a genius when it happens. :)