Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Seem's Wally wasn't such a Wally after all.

I hope you didn't embarrass yourself and cry to much mate.

Still think that?

Hahaha Tony you genious' date=' although you were partly wrong but no one would have seen United being that bad

Some other fantastic posts at around the 80 page mark. Thanks for pointing it out Ray :P[/quote']

Some good points raised here, but had to react to ManU part. I actually bet they will not reach top4 at the beginning of the season, and I'm pretty sure I've somewhere also said they will battle against likes of Spurs and Everton for their final position.

Spurs fans:

does the team seem to be motivated to make a run for the fifth place, seen their easy fixtures relative to Everton's much tougher ones give them a real chance to get there if they just do their best?

Spurs fans:

does the team seem to be motivated to make a run for the fifth place' date=' seen their easy fixtures relative to Everton's much tougher ones give them a real chance to get there if they just do their best?[/quote']

It wouldnt surprise me if they try and avoid qualifying for Europa League.

It is clearly a distraction for most clubs (Even though its a great competition to win). Look at how good Liverpool have done and the lack of European football has to have a bit of a factor on there season.

Spurs should be aiming for Champions League, they wont want any distractions next season.

Spurs fans:

does the team seem to be motivated to make a run for the fifth place' date=' seen their easy fixtures relative to Everton's much tougher ones give them a real chance to get there if they just do their best?[/quote']

on paper they should overrun their opponents, but half their games are against relegation threaten sides, so if they are not up for an Europa spot, the likes of Sunderland or West Brom could gain precious points from them.

It wouldnt surprise me if they try and avoid qualifying for Europa League.

It is clearly a distraction for most clubs (Even though its a great competition to win). Look at how good Liverpool have done and the lack of European football has to have a bit of a factor on there season.

Spurs should be aiming for Champions League' date=' they wont want any distractions next season.[/quote']

On the other hand, they might do well to understand that Europa League is their European level. It has not been much of distraction to Spurs this season, as they completely rotated their squad throughout the group stage and crashed out fast after it. In that way, it actually served them, because it was a chance to play their bench and get some players to form or just find out that they could perform better than their regulars.

Correct' date=' any team that has Townsend, Walker, Dawson and Remy as starters is not good enough to qualify for the CL.[/quote']

I'd disagree on Remy. He's been good at QPR and Newcastle and would almost certainly score more at Spurs than Soldado has this season.

Another one to note is Mancini. He's struggling to get Galatasaray into the CL which is laughable when you consider their competition in Turkey.

I'd disagree on Remy. He's been good at QPR and Newcastle and would almost certainly score more at Spurs than Soldado has this season.

Another one to note is Mancini. He's struggling to get Galatasaray into the CL which is laughable when you consider their competition in Turkey.

I don't rate Remy, he may have scored more than Soldado if he were at Spurs but that's meaningless information in all honesty.

Personal opinion on him is he is not the type of player that would be first choice for a team within the Premier League, challenging for CL football. Especially when you look at the other 10 players listed within that line-up.

Champ league next year

spurs XI next year

Manager: Mancini

Team

Lloris

Walker

Dawson

Vertonghen

Coentrao

Paulinho

Dembele

Townsend

Eriksen

Tello on Loan

Remy

Thoughts?

That XI is not good enough to beat City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or an improved United (Or Everton depending how they replace Lukaku and Barry).

Also Tello on loan? Where that come from?

I expect Spurs to make more signings than Remy + Coentrao. Can see them spending quite big again

What does the future hold of Bentaleb and Carroll? These are probably two of the more promising players at Spurs (yes? no?) yet have the most competition ahead of them with Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue - are any of these likely to leave this Summer, or are Bentaleb and Carroll likely to be shipped out to the Championship?

What does the future hold of Bentaleb and Carroll? These are probably two of the more promising players at Spurs (yes? no?) yet have the most competition ahead of them with Sandro' date=' Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue - are any of these likely to leave this Summer, or are Bentaleb and Carroll likely to be shipped out to the Championship?[/quote']

Would say there are some better prospects but they need things to go for them. For example Pritchard is tiny but got all the talent in the world. He was getting a lot of positive comments from Eriksen earlier in the week. I don't think Carroll will make it if truth be told, he's one of those players that needs to play in such a specific team both personnel and tactically that he's unlikely to ever get that chance. He can't tackle and his passing range is from 5 yards to 15 yards. Bentaleb can be a good player but not in this country. He's a ball retention DM and everyone knows that you need to be able to tackle + position yourself to play that role in this country, of which he can do neither.

There are several highly rated prospects coming through that have a chance of emergence next season. Josh Onomah is the main one, he has all the attributes and physicality to make it in the premiership. There are other smaller lads that again have all the talent but not the physical attributes like Will Miller and Harry Winks. Then you have other physical players like Nathan Oduwa who if he gets his legs sorted out (quite often looks gangly and a bit all over the place) can be a very good player. He scored a nice goal in Ledley's testimonial.

Several years away yet but Keanan Bennett is one to look out for. I watched a youtube vid of the Riga tournament earlier in the year and he looked head and shoulders above the other players. This popped up the other day too;

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9328148/keanan-bennetts-being-chased-by-england-germany-and-nigeria

Issues like???

Never winning a game from a losing position (comes across as 1 dimensional). Not rotating the squad (We have a big squad and EL). Always having a slump mid-season when injuries set in and the previously shut out squad players not being fit enough.

Never winning a game from a losing position (comes across as 1 dimensional). Not rotating the squad (We have a big squad and EL). Always having a slump mid-season when injuries set in and the previously shut out squad players not being fit enough.

ESPECIALLY the lack of squad rotation(his high energy playing style begs for this), and the fact he doesn't record comeback victories....those in my opinion are the big ones.....

At least you won't be nervous next season.If you concede then you know that you will lose.