Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Is Pocchetino going to buy some players or what?

Rumour has it we've agreed deals for Lascelles (spelling?) and Davies. With Sig and possibly Dawson set to leave the club.

Rumour has it we've agreed deals for Lascelles (spelling?) and Davies. With Sig and possibly Dawson set to leave the club.

Great signings for such a big club as Tottenham. One or two more of those and you'll win the league.

;2956624']A report on Sky today saying there business is all done for the summer :o

I highly doubt that, there will be some movement but everybody knows what Levy is like and will probably leave the majority of it till late in the window rather than doing the sensible thing, getting in players early and giving them time to gel and get a proper pre season with the club working on tactical disciplines together etc

What are your views on the Sigurdsson for Davies and Vorm swap?

Personally I think it's a very good deal for both parties, and that's the only way any sort of business was going to be done between Levy and Jenkins. We were short in attacking midfield, and had lots of depth in goal and at left back where as you had lots of depth in attacking midfield and were short at left back.

I do worry with the sort of pressure that's going to be placed on Ben Davies know he's with a big club, he did make plenty of mistakes last season and there doesn't seem to be too much patience at Tottenham at the moment.

Eric Dier is flying in for a medical today' date=' very happy with what we have done so far.

Gylfi & Livermore for Vorm, Davies and Dier is great work financially.[/quote']

Its good financially, but these arent the signings that will push you up into the top 4.

Your usually one of the busiest clubs in the window, making some of the best big signings (Not just last season with Bale money, but last 3-4 summer windows you really spend to get big players in). Bit surprised you havent done that again but theres loads of rumours of Jay Rodriguez and Schneiderling joining you.

Whats the aim for Spurs this season? Been looking at top 4 for many years, but last seasons top 5 + United have all improved (And will likely add more) whilst atm you havent. Are you just putting hope that last seasons signings finally come good or is there likely to be some other big signings?

What are your views on the Sigurdsson for Davies and Vorm swap?

Personally I think it's a very good deal for both parties' date=' and that's the only way any sort of business was going to be done between Levy and Jenkins. We were short in attacking midfield, and had lots of depth in goal and at left back where as you had lots of depth in attacking midfield and were short at left back.

I do worry with the sort of pressure that's going to be placed on Ben Davies know he's with a big club, he did make plenty of mistakes last season and there doesn't seem to be too much patience at Tottenham at the moment.[/quote']

Yes agree with you, very good deal for both parties. I do feel like we did you a bit on the financials but I suppose both teams got what they wanted.

With both players im pretty happy, of course I could dream for someone like Alberto Moreno but he would of cost at least double, isn't very tall and obviously there is ? over whether he would make it in the prem. We've bought premier league experience and I think that's ideal in this particular situation. I've rated Davies very highly for a while, even higher than Shaw so to get him for a fraction of the price is again ideal.

I hear what you're saying about the mistakes, we did however have Danny Rose so as long as he actually runs and gets back it'll already be an improvement.

Its good financially' date=' but these arent the signings that will push you up into the top 4.

Your usually one of the busiest clubs in the window, making some of the best big signings (Not just last season with Bale money, but last 3-4 summer windows you really spend to get big players in). Bit surprised you havent done that again but theres loads of rumours of Jay Rodriguez and Schneiderling joining you.

Whats the aim for Spurs this season? Been looking at top 4 for many years, but last seasons top 5 + United have all improved (And will likely add more) whilst atm you havent. Are you just putting hope that last seasons signings finally come good or is there likely to be some other big signings?[/quote']

Says who? do you have to spend 30m on a signing from a foreign league to get top 4 now? We did that twice last summer and got nowhere.

We don't need an overhaul and I certainly hope it doesn't happen in the next 4 weeks. Like you said, we normally make big signings but we don't particularly need to this time. Lamela has looked very good so far in pre-season and seems to be over the injury issues he had last season. Soldado seems to be enjoying the system more and integrating with other members of the squad (last season seemed very isolated both on the pitch and off it). I'm still pretty confident Schneiderlin will join which unfortunately will be at the expense of Sandro :(

Same expectations as always, be there or there abouts and see what happens.

Yes agree with you' date=' very good deal for both parties. I do feel like we did you a bit on the financials but I suppose both teams got what they wanted.

With both players im pretty happy, of course I could dream for someone like Alberto Moreno but he would of cost at least double, isn't very tall and obviously there is ? over whether he would make it in the prem. We've bought premier league experience and I think that's ideal in this particular situation. I've rated Davies very highly for a while, even higher than Shaw so to get him for a fraction of the price is again ideal.

I hear what you're saying about the mistakes, we did however have Danny Rose so as long as he actually runs and gets back it'll already be an improvement.[/quote']

I'm not too fussed on the financials, bringing Sigurdsson in is more important to us then a few million. On the financials though, it's very difficult to tell who got the more favourable deal with all deals being undisclosed and so much of the media unreliable.

I don't think Moreno is all that he's being made out to be, he's far from perfect and also makes mistakes.

In my opinion Ben Davies easily outperformed Luke Shaw in 2012/13, Davies was excellent in that season and if he can get to that level then you're left back situation is completely solved for some time. However, last season he made too many errors to be realistically be rated as highly as Shaw. I think the fact he played so often due to the Europa League would have contributed to this though.

I do worry that he'll end up like the likes of Kyle Naughton and Danny Rose, who have done well for clubs similar to us in Norwich and Sunderland and just haven't quite been able to make the grade.

I hear what you're saying about the mistakes' date=' we did however have Danny Rose so as long as he actually runs and gets back it'll already be an improvement.[/quote']

On that note, Danny Rose has just signed a new five year contract :eek:

We paid you (Swansea) 3m

I'm happy with that if that's the case.

Rather him there than Naughton!

Falque off to Genoa for £4m' date=' another good bit of business.[/quote']

Looks like there's genuine interest in us signing Naughton.

I know he's not done particularly well at Spurs, but he's done well at clubs like Sheffield United, Leicester and at Norwich showed he's more than capable at this level. His ability to play at both left back and right back would be essential for us as well and I'd pleased if we brought him in.

Looks like there's genuine interest in us signing Naughton.

I know he's not done particularly well at Spurs' date=' but he's done well at clubs like Sheffield United, Leicester and at Norwich showed he's more than capable at this level. His ability to play at both left back and right back would be essential for us as well and I'd pleased if we brought him in.[/quote']

He can't play left back. He plays there yes, but he most certainly can't play that role. His positioning is absolutely absymal at LB.

Almost as exciting as signing players for positions you don't need and ignoring the massive holes in your squad :D

Haha. As if that's anything new. I'm starting to believe Arsene is never going to sign a DM. But I'm not sure what you mean when you say "players that we don't need". Everyone we signed will play an important part in the season to come.

Haha. As if that's anything new. I'm starting to believe Arsene is never going to sign a DM. But I'm not sure what you mean when you say "players that we don't need". Everyone we signed will play an important part in the season to come.

16 million pounds for a reserve right back. :rolleyes:

We got Eriksen for less last summer!

16 million pounds for a reserve right back. :rolleyes:

We got Eriksen for less last summer!

Don't get me started on fees. You know our history regarding fees and profits. Plus, I personally think he's worth it. Within a season or two he'll be first choice as Debuchy is poo. I think Wenger will turn him into a center back anyway.