Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

"Sporting Clube de Portugal announces that during [July] the club started negotiations with Eric Dier over the renewal of his contract," the statement read.

"Unexpectedly, Sporting were confronted by the father and the official representative of the player with a transfer offer from Tottenham Hotspur, who referred to the current administration an agreement signed by previous directors and administrators, which obliged a sale of the player for a sum not exceeding €5m, or for [sporting] to equal the proposed salary, which is impossible due to the wage structure in place, the ongoing financial restructuring and necessary sustainability of the club.

"Additionally, Sporting were informed that the player does not want to stay at the club even if the proposed salary was matched. And even if Sporting received a superior offer, whether in terms of a transfer bid or salary, from another club the player would not accept it.

"Given the constraints outlined above, Sporting announces the sale of all economic rights for the player Eric Dier to Tottenham Hotspur, for the value of €5m net, without any future rights or guarantee.

"Sporting wishes Eric Dier all the best in his career."

daniellevy.jpg

Well from what I've seen of him (largely in the Europa League) he'll fit in to our system well, and should be a good squad rotation option for the season.

I don't think we needed anybody special, just somebody who can act as cover for Shelvey, Ki and Britton for the season. I don't think he needs to pass the ball 30 yards, as long as he can keep it simple and he's good defensively then he'll fit in fine here.

QPR were absolutely abysmal' date=' worst team i've seen for a while. Early days yet.[/quote']

Yes they were and Harry could be in trouble,he hasn't a bad squad there.But some players not team players.Still encouraging for Spurs,especially with Lamela..

So we've skimped (or given up because of 3rd party issues) on Musacchio and we're about to sign Fazio from Sevilla instead. Don't know much about him as I don't really watch La Liga. Stats wise he looks very good though and the comments from Emery and the Directors suggest they're far from happy. Could anyone who's seen him a lot, comment?

It will be very interesting to see how you lot go up against Liverpool this weekend. A marvellous start to the season no doubt, but against a very poor QPR side and a narrow win against WH.

Liverpool coming of a loss to City and you lot in some what good form, makes for a very good game. Obviously your real test will come this weekend.

It will be very interesting to see how you lot go up against Liverpool this weekend. A marvellous start to the season no doubt' date=' but against a very poor QPR side and a narrow win against WH.

Liverpool coming of a loss to City and you lot in some what good form, makes for a very good game. Obviously your real test will come this weekend.[/i']

Not to forget that Johnson and Moreno will probably be out for the weekend, suggesting that Flanagan and Manquillo might be the (only) contenders for the full-back spots (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

As a neutral for the game, I'd love to see some magic from Lamela and Eriksen.

Thanks for developing Gylfi Sigurdsson for us, it makes it look all the more strange as to why you wouldn't play to his strengths and at the very least put him in his natural position. I've heard the BBC have stated he's got more Premier League assists for us this season then he did throughout his Tottenham career.

As for Tom Carroll, he's impressed early on for us. He played 90 minutes against Rotherham in the COC and was very good and then was neat and tidy for us as a late substitute today. He reminds me of Joe Allen a lot, and I think he'll play that role for us, I think we were the perfect club for him really as I'm not surprised he wasn't really rated at a club like QPR. I think there'll be bigger and more physical tests for him to come but as this rate it looks like a good loan signing and he looks like he's up to this level of football.

Thanks for developing Gylfi Sigurdsson for us' date=' it makes it look all the more strange as to why you wouldn't play to his strengths and at the very least put him in his natural position. I've heard the BBC have stated he's got more Premier League assists for us this season then he did throughout his Tottenham career.

As for Tom Carroll, he's impressed early on for us. He played 90 minutes against Rotherham in the COC and was very good and then was neat and tidy for us as a late substitute today. He reminds me of Joe Allen a lot, and I think he'll play that role for us, I think we were the perfect club for him really as I'm not surprised he wasn't really rated at a club like QPR. I think there'll be bigger and more physical tests for him to come but as this rate it looks like a good loan signing and he looks like he's up to this level of football.[/quote']

I watched him quite a bit during his Tottenham days and I was never convinced that he was good enough for them. But when I heard of his transfer I had a strong feeling he'd be fantastic for Swansea.

Some players just fit better in an environment like yours vs a bigger club like Spurs

I watched him quite a bit during his Tottenham days and I was never convinced that he was good enough for them. But when I heard of his transfer I had a strong feeling he'd be fantastic for Swansea.

Some players just fit better in an environment like yours vs a bigger club like Spurs

He was regularly played out wide, Sigurdsson has no pace and playing him out wide was never going to get the best out of him. I can see what you're saying, and he's obviously enjoyed his time with us in a similar sort of system before but I really think that he was mismanaged badly at Spurs.

He was regularly played out wide' date=' Sigurdsson has no pace and playing him out wide was never going to get the best out of him. I can see what you're saying, and he's obviously enjoyed his time with us in a similar sort of system before but I really think that he was mismanaged badly at Spurs.[/quote']

I mean you can feel whatever you want but I always felt that no matter where he played, his ability to play the game was always a step behind of the more talented players around him. So instead of contributing something with the ball, he'd usually just leave it to someone else.

Every once in a while he made a nice pass/move to shoot but those moments were pretty rare.

Gylfi was never suited to our system. In his first season we had Bale tearing it up through the middle and last year it was mayhem/Eriksen. I've never doubted that Gylfi is a fine player, you can dig out my posts for when we signed him to see how happy I was, it was just one of those situations where it wasn't going to work. Big fish in a small pond springs to mind.

Glad to hear Carroll has played well so far.

Gylfi was never suited to our system. In his first season we had Bale tearing it up through the middle and last year it was mayhem/Eriksen. I've never doubted that Gylfi is a fine player' date=' you can dig out my posts for when we signed him to see how happy I was, it was just one of those situations where it wasn't going to work. Big fish in a small pond springs to mind.

Glad to hear Carroll has played well so far.[/quote']

Was gutted to see Gylfi go... We just had to many similar players like him, too many players fighting for the same position, something had to give. I always thought with him he did offer a bit more of a goal scoring threat then the others, always popped up with a goal, always got into the box, something in our midfield (at the moment) we seem to lack. Also, disappointed with Holtby being loaned out again and obviously the sale of Sandro.

Gylfi was never suited to our system. In his first season we had Bale tearing it up through the middle and last year it was mayhem/Eriksen. I've never doubted that Gylfi is a fine player' date=' you can dig out my posts for when we signed him to see how happy I was, it was just one of those situations where it wasn't going to work. Big fish in a small pond springs to mind.

Glad to hear Carroll has played well so far.[/quote']

A lot like Pieener(or how ever its spelt?)?

Pochettino needs to pick an XI and stick with it. IMO;

(When Fit)

Lloris

Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Davies

Paulinho-Dembele

Townsend-Eriksen-Chadli

Soldado

LOL. You just want Spurs to do badly so you would beat them in the league, right?