Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Great result tonight, huh? Entertaining match as well, partly for the wrong reasons!

I thought it was difficult to pick a Spurs player who did badly. I thought Pienaar was very average again, albeit solid. The rest were great. Notable performances from Wilson (I don't think the Milan players have come across many with his style; the wrecking ball), Crouch (answered all Gattuso's baiting with a goal) and Gomes with some crucial saves. Could go on though really.

Gattuso and Flamini were disgraceful. How Flamini wasn't sent off for a lunging two footed tackle with studs up, I am not really sure. Subseqent foul from him also unpunished with a card. Gattuso was a maniac, there is passion and then there is anger, and again I am not sure how he wasn't red carded for either of his assaults on Joe Jordan.

Great to see Woodgate back too.

Tottenham 1 - 0 AC Milan

:D:D:D

OVER THE MOON!

Would have easily settled for the draw, but, this is nothing short of a brilliant result, ever more deserved with some of the antics of a few of these idiotic Milan players; Flamini - an utter tosspot who should have been red carded, Gattuso - who no doubt should and will be reprimanded for going after Joe Jordan like that, headbutting him, what a birk. I really feel like we've just beaten Arsenal with how fierce that outing was.

On the performance itself, Lennon was fab, I was growing ever-frustrated in that first half with how little we were playing the ball to him, despite him absolutely rinsing Antonini when he was given the chance. It seemed as if both Palacios and Sandro were incapable of switching the ball from left to right, always trying to play it through Stevie P or Rafa. On Pienaar, I finally saw an outing from him worthy of his caliber. Going forward he was average apart from that opening break we got, with the clear Milan handball in the box, regularly providing support for short crosses, but his creme de la creme was in being a pure defensive beast today! Both Pienaar and A-E linked up really well, Pienaar was brilliant tracking back, pressing players, as the whole team was really, which is were I credit Palacios, Sandro, our entire back 4 for a scrappy effort, just getting right stuck-in, which warranted the away win.

The pace of the game did change in the second-half, Pato being the difference, proving to be a nuisance, but some solid zonal and man-marking availed for us, along with Gomes, whom as we know on any given day, plays either the martyr or the saint, was nothing short of a pure rockstar today! 2 fantastic saves.

For one guy who get's slated quite abit for his finishing I thought Crouch was on it today too. He was creating quite the bit of trouble, doing what he does best, knocking the ball down, supporting the mid to advance, getting the winner on a great counter which you could sense we were just waiting for, with Lennon always just playing abit forward on that wing when we were under alot of pressure.

Lastly as I mentioned our back 4 were solid, Flamini's challenge was reckless on Charlie, and my oh my, we saw the return of Woody, after a 15 month lay-off, and well we didn't concede, so I can't say he did anything wrong. Dawson was fantastic, as was Gallas, especially on that clearance.

It'll be all about guarding against complacency now, making sure we're not sitting too comfortably enjoying our win, away goal advantage at the Lane, with the possibility of maybe having Bale back, along with a now fully fit, Modric, things are looking up for us. COYS! :) Btw... I've lost my voice. :o

Very happy for Spurs, typical italians eh? Lennon was terrific and i was suprised Pato didnt start. Youd think with Cassano not eligible, youd have Pato starting but they were obviously worried by your attack so he didnt start.

Would really love to see you get 4th place over citeh, from a neutrals point of view, i just dont want to see 10 men behind the ball next season!

YESSSSS!! I am sooo glad we won, really really pleased :D

Thought every player in a Tottenham shirt played there heart out. Everyone off them did there job perfectly, AC Milan didn't have nothing on us they were not a threat at all.

Palacios and Sandro were rocks yesterday and played outstanding and so did our Defence, Dawson played his heart out as usual and Gallas did his job at right-back when Woody came on and still we were too strong. Piennar for me played excellent aswell, tracking back alot and keeping up with Abate. Crouch played brilliant for once and got a well deserved goal and Lennon doing what he usually does, bloody brilliant.

We should of had a pen in the first 30seconds and Gattuso and Flamini should off been off the only reason why this didn't happen was because it was at the San Siro but Baring in mind we beat a team who have won the Champions League 6 times at there home ground is delightful.

atAFOcoIT1o

Not overly surprising in some ways, as he was not yet ready for his return; had only played one practice game according to Harry,

Was still gutted to hear he picked up an injury. Hopefully it is not too serious a strain, in which case he should be back within a week or two.

Anyone heard how Corluka is doing?

Not overly surprising in some ways' date=' as he was not yet ready for his return; had only played one practice game according to Harry,

Was still gutted to hear he picked up an injury. Hopefully it is not too serious a strain, in which case he should be back within a week or two.

[b']Anyone heard how Corluka is doing?[/b]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_6758073,0.html

Bassong is an awful defender' date=' Defoe is useless And we miss Hutton/Corluka :([/quote']

We're getting numerous chances to score, could have had atleast about 5 by now, just not putting it in. Pav had the simplest of chances, hits his header right at the GK. Bring on NIKO! This needs a game breaker.

facepalm.gif

Pretty much sums this one up. As someone most eloquently put it to me - "From San Siro to zero".

Really enjoyed tonight's game... just a shame about the result!

I thought we played a lot of good football but seemed to be rather elaborate in the final third (Blackpool defended stoutly though) and could have just as easily won the game about 5-0 as lost is 3-1.

I agree that Bassong was poor..silly penalty.

I still really rate Defoe. I think (hope) that once he gets a goal he will keep scoring.

Such ashame about the result thought we played decent but defended poorly. Bassong who should never off started - should of been Khumulo(i really want him to play) or swapped Bassong and Gallas but it was a silly penalty to give away but the second goal was offside? the guys talking about it were sure off this

With the amount of chances we had we should of won, Pav could of had a couple and should of scored the header but overall we had no fire power, Modric tried to pick us up as always but nothing was working out. We missed out on such a great win today very very unlucky.

Can't believe he has died. So young. Horrible. :( His poor family.

My dad tells me he was the most expensive English football player to never be capped for his country.

Spurs paid something like £8m for him which I think was when he was at his prime.

This is the first player to die from a Spurs team I have watched and supported. Not nice. :(