Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Biggest surprise today I guess was that Spurs were the better side for much of the game. I expected Ramos to try and play with style and for a lot of the game Spurs passed it well and looked very dangerous.

Very unlike Keano not to take his chances... the volley off the bar or the penalty going in would have made for one very different game' date=' and I think a draw at least would have been a fair result for Spurs.

Good to see that we finally look organised and able to defend. A month ago I think I could have been posting about a cricket score result in Arsenal's favour.[/quote']

I agree I was pleased with our performance today and I love Juande Ramos :) He has given us hope and confidence but for a main reason why I love him is that no one holds a place and people like O'Hara are able to play and perform well, he's had some great games although he has only played 3, 2 as subs I think.

Not too keen on his Mourinho style of playing DM's in defence, Essien for Mourinho at Chelsea and Zokora and now Tanio for us. I mean if it works then Im happy and it did well enough today but idc im just not too sure.

Good draw in the Uefa cup and PSV next if we progress which Im confident that we will. Then we have Arsenal in the Carling cup semi finals again which Im looking forward to see how we build on the performance today, knowing we could have and should have drawn if not won away to Arsenals best side. If they play the youngsters like last year then I think we are making the finals.

Back to Uefa cup, PSV if we beat Slavia, either way in my eyes us or PSV will make the final for sure. PSV will be a very tough game and I think that Ramos can mastermind his way to a 3rd successive Uefa Cup title.

Well having a soft spot for Spurs I think between a few dedicated Spurs fans, I believe we can start a Dave Mackay tribute thread (I've got his autobiography to help if any Spurs fan is interested) . The man signed for Spurs from us in 1959 after being part of the greatest Hearts team ever. And went on to help them win the first 20th century double under the guidance off Bill Nic'. Also in a 23 year career suffered 2 broken legs and NEVER got sent off. RESPECT to one of the greatest and most respected men in British football history. And for me he was the GREATEST Hearts player ever.

Best Chances of the game:

31 GOOD CROSS! Malbranque and Lee combine down the left flank...the full-back overlaps and whips in a good cross - which evades everyone and flies across the penalty area.

28 GOAL! Malbranque hits the post with a drive from just inside the area...but the ball rebounds into the path of Keane, who calmly side-foots past Niemi. Spurs take the lead!

25 FIRST EFFORT! It's taken 25 minutes, but we finally have an effort on goal, Berbatov nodding a left-wing cross low and goalwards; Niemi gets down to save.

Well happy so far. Not watching it but getting updates from people on MSN lol. We drew 0-0 with Fulham last time we meet to looks like a much needed win so far.

Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea atm, which usually I would say is great but we need Villa to drop points so we can catch them as we will never pass Chelsea this season but Villa we may do with any luck lol.

Hammers up 1-0 vs Reading which doesnt matter much although would be good to see Hammers lose, being londoners and all ;)

Anyway lets hope for a good second half and another goal or two :)

Hoping Berba will score again :D

Well happy so far. Not watching it but getting updates from people on MSN lol. We drew 0-0 with Fulham last time we meet to looks like a much needed win so far.

Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea atm' date=' which usually I would say is great but we need Villa to drop points so we can catch them as we will never pass Chelsea this season but Villa we may do with any luck lol.

Hammers up 1-0 vs Reading which doesnt matter much although would be good to see Hammers lose, being londoners and all ;)

Anyway lets hope for a good second half and another goal or two :)

Hoping Berba will score again :D[/quote']

Looking good still :)

Chelsea are now drawing 2-2, Sheva has found form :eek: 2 goals today, although one was a pen lol.

Spurs now 3-1, was 2-1 after Dempsey scored, but Keane struck again to make it 3-1! KEANO KEANO KEANO :D

And Hammers are now drawing :P

65 OVER! Keane holds off his marker as they chase down a long ball through the middle, only to thrash his left-foot effort over the crossbar from 10 yards.

61 GOAL! SPURS RESPOND IN SECONDS! Berbatov climbs highest at a corner, nods goalwards, and Keane deflects the ball in at the back post off his thigh! Spurs restore their two-goal lead.

59 GOAL! Dempsey bundles the ball home after the ball rebounded to him following a low Kamara cross from the left.

44 GOAL! HUDDLESTONE PILE-DRIVER! The ball is half-cleared to Huddlestone, who smashes an unstoppable left-footed drive into the corner from 30 yards!

43 GOOD CHALLENGE! King makes another perfectly timed challenge as Davies breaks in to the penalty area from the Fulham right. Baird heads over from the resulting corner.

31 GOOD CROSS! Malbranque and Lee combine down the left flank...the full-back overlaps and whips in a good cross - which evades everyone and flies across the penalty area.

28 GOAL! Malbranque hits the post with a drive from just inside the area...but the ball rebounds into the path of Keane, who calmly side-foots past Niemi. Spurs take the lead!

25 FIRST EFFORT! It's taken 25 minutes, but we finally have an effort on goal, Berbatov nodding a left-wing cross low and goalwards; Niemi gets down to save.

Another great goal from Huddlestone... makes it 4-1, will be a good result if it stays this way.

To be honest has not been a very exciting game. Berbatov and Keane now subbed off which is a bit of a shame but I suppose with Defoe and Bent on the bench it makes sense to rest the first choice pairing.

Taarabt has come on for King though, which is good to see. King got a good applause as he went off. That kind of sub suggests Ramos wants 5... and to blood the young talent... either is good by me. :D

Late drama in both games!

Chelsea and Villa are now 4-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: and Spurs are now 5-1 up as well as Volz seeing Red after a second yellow.

Carvalho and Cole were sent off for Chelsea and Zat Knight for Villa! What a game!!! Cant wait to see it, Barry leveled at 4-4 with a pen on the 90th after Cole was sent off. Ashley btw.

Just seen the highlights. What a performance from Huddlestone! 2 great goals and an assist to Defoe.

King back :D And a great tackle in the 1st half!

They're goal was also very lucky so a great result for Spurs today :)

Ramos is working the youth too!

Saint Juande!!!

Luka Modric probably in Tottenham for 15M pounds (or in ManCity)

As Teb said ;)

I would be pleased with Modric and I can see it happening but idk, its not too believe able but I wouldnt say it wont happen lol.

Although it would mean players like Jenas and Huddlestone may leave the club. Wouldnt honestly miss Jenas but Huddlestone is still very young.

Quite a few sites are reporting on this. Dinamo Zagreb president Zdravko Mamic is in London today and Modric is being linked with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Arsenal of course have the Croatian link in Eduardo, which might hold appeal, Chelsea of course have the financial muscle, Spurs would be offering him (I assume) a guarantee of first team appearances. Lets hope he opts for the latter. :D Has also been linked to Man City...could be temped to join the SGE revolution I guess, but I expect most players from abroad would rather play for a fashionable club in London... just ask Roy Keane!

Modric would be a great buy, and Gunter has added to the policy of young players, and is meant to be good, imo Malbranque is doing brialliantly on the left, and Lennon is looks to be getting more consistent, would maybe like to sign another CB as cover/ strong first teamer, but apart form that....

The Future's bright, the future's Spurs :D

If i was Modric i would go in Tottenham :D (i like that club), but i wouldn't be suprised if he goes in ManCity, because there is playing his best friend, Corluka. And, i read that its not 15M, its 18M pounds. And Ramos is very interested in Modric

We could certainly do with him so would love to have him.... we badly need a midfielder who can score goals and who is creative. Was a shame we missed out on Riquelme, but hardly surprising.

Modric can play wide or in the centre, and to be honest these are our weakest areas in my opinion.

We have terrific strikers and need someone great behind them scaring defenders and drawing them off, and creating chances.

I don't really have a lot of faith in someone like Jenas to do this, Huddlestone is good but a mile from the finished article.

Hopefully Spurs' policy of signing young players will also appeal to him as a 22 year old.

What about Kev Boateng? he's looked pretty decent, but again as you said Teb, it's the goals factor, O Hara looks a decent player as well and i hope he gets some more games under his belt

You mean Spurs won't sign him as won't be able to compete with the pay packet offered? I am inclined to agree, unfortunately. Can't see Arsenal busting the bank for him either, they normally keep a sensible wage budget.

I suspect he will go to Chelsea. They are having a 'selection crisis' (wish Spurs had their squad :confused::eek: ) and sack fulls of cash. Spurs are actually quite wealthy and need the player, but doesn't look like we will be offering Champions League football which will count against us in a big way.

Boateng looks pretty off the pace for me. Talented, but unproven in the EPL as yet. Ramos (aka Daniel Levy's puppet) seems to like him though.

You mean Spurs won't sign him as won't be able to compete with the pay packet offered? I am inclined to agree' date=' unfortunately. Can't see Arsenal busting the bank for him either, they normally keep a sensible wage budget.

I suspect he will go to Chelsea. They are having a 'selection crisis' (wish Spurs had their squad :confused::eek: ) and sack fulls of cash. Spurs are actually quite wealthy and need the player, but doesn't look like we will be offering Champions League football which will count against us in a big way.

Boateng looks pretty off the pace for me. Talented, but unproven in the EPL as yet. Ramos (aka Daniel Levy's puppet) seems to like him though.[/quote']

Yeah thats exactly what I mean,then after not playing for Chelsea he will complain about no football...

Seen it all before

and i agree,doubt Arsenal would sign him anyway now with how our players are playing,basically if he moves to someone like Chelski he wouldn't get anywhere...

Well Id like to see him in the prem anyway but I honestly do feel he will opt for Spurs.

I think that Chelsea will tempt the cash, City - Corluka, Arsenal Eduardo and Spurs the first team and a club with a bright future to be fair to us.

Either way he's going somewhere out of those 4 I believe. Lets hope it is Spurs.