Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

The Duffman Spurs rating changes:

Robinson: Stay the same, after some shaky performances, looks to be getting back to form

Chimbonda: Stay the same/Decrease to 89: Hasn't looked as strong as last season in my opinion

Dawson: Stay the same/decrease to 88: Same reason as Chimbonda

King: Stay the same: Has been out for a long while, and has jsut come back, so give him time

Bale: Increase to 87: While he hasnt played as much as we would have liked, when he has played he has been one of our best players

Zokora: Stay the same

Jenas: Stay the same

Lennon: Stay the same, however if he keeps playing like he has recently maybe a 90 is on the cards by the end of the season

Malbranque: Stay the same/Increase to 91: One of our besdt creative players in my opinion, but doesn't seem to get the credit deserved

Keane: Increase to 93: By far our best player this season, always works hard for the team, even when we are down

Beabrtov: Stay the same: Poor form at the beginning of the season, but has looked better during recent games

Kaboul: Stay the same: has been given the 1st team starts, however has looked a bit shaky, give the boy time

Rocha: Decrease to 87: Been out a long time, and very much 4th choice when everyones fit

Gardner: Stay the same

Lee Young Pyo: Decrease to 87, has lost his place to Bale, and can be a bit lightweight

Stalteri: Decrease to 86: Doesnt play much anymore

Huddlestone: Stay the same: Getting better in recent games

Boateng: Stay the same: Hasnt been given the chance to show what he is capable of yet

Adel Taarabt: Increase to 80: Shown what he is capable of in a couple of games, but needs more playing time

Jamie O'Hara: Increase to 80: Been brilliant since he's been drafted into the 1st team

Hossam Ghaly: Decrease to 84: Rotting away

Teemu Tainio: Stay the same

Jermaine Defoe: Stay the same: Good substitute ;)

Darren Bent: Decrease to 88: Hasn't made the grade at spurs in my opinion, looked lazy, and hasnt had much playing time as he would have liked

The Dan Payne Spurs rating changes: :D

I have kept the same message etc for those I agree on.

Robinson: Stay the same, after some shaky performances, looks to be getting back to form

Chimbonda: Stay the same/Decrease to 89: Hasn't looked as strong as last season in my opinion

Dawson: Stay the same/decrease to 88: Same reason as Chimbonda

King: Stay the same: Has been out for a long while, and has jsut come back, so give him time

Bale: Increase to 89: For me he has been one of the best LM's this opening season and probably as good as Stewart Downing has been performing, but has had the injurys etc. So 88/89

Zokora: Stay the same - Very close to a 91 recently but was terrible early season so stay the same.

Jenas: Stay the same

Lennon: Stay the same, however if he keeps playing like he has recently maybe a 90 is on the cards by the end of the season (Exactly)

Malbranque: Stay the same/Increase to 91: One of our besdt creative players in my opinion, but doesn't seem to get the credit deserved

Keane: Increase to 93: By far our best player this season, always works hard for the team, even when we are down. He has been amazing so far this season and 93 with Berba is just right.

Beabrtov: Stay the same: Poor form at the beginning of the season, but has looked better during recent games

Kaboul: Stay the same: has been given the 1st team starts, however has looked a bit shaky, give the boy time

Rocha: Decrease to 87: Been out a long time, and very much 4th choice when everyones fit

Gardner: Stay the same

Lee Young Pyo: Decrease to 87, has lost his place to Bale, and can be a bit lightweight

Stalteri: Decrease to 86: Doesnt play much anymore

Huddlestone: Stay the same: Getting better in recent games

Boateng: Stay the same: Hasnt been given the chance to show what he is capable of yet

Adel Taarabt: Increase to 81: For me 81, you have players like Pato who proved themselves in small leagues and are on 85 ratings so for me Taarabt being in the prem and not scared to take players on should make a 81.

Jamie O'Hara: Increase to 82: For me 82, same as Taarabt as in proving themselves with the big boys. Made a few assists and played like a consistant starter recently. Even playing in Ramos's 1st team!

Hossam Ghaly: Decrease to 84: Rotting away

Teemu Tainio: Stay the same

Jermaine Defoe: Stay the same: Good substitute ;)

Darren Bent: Decrease to 88: Hasn't made the grade at spurs in my opinion, looked lazy, and hasnt had much playing time as he would have liked

Never seen you judge as bad in my life Dan :eek:

Bale - will definitely increase to about 87-88 not 89 mate thats silly imo for his first PL season..

Zokora - Have i ever seen a worse mid in the Prem,every game he's poor..

Robinson - stay the same!?! :eek: are you crazy,he has been shocking all season apart from the last 2 or 3 games which isn't enough to keep his rating imo..

King - same as Robbo,he has been injured,therefore will decrease..If it happens like that for every club then it should for Spurs..

Lennon - go up?? very much doubt it,what exactly has this lad done to help Spurs this season?,great player poor so far this season..

Berbatov - Another one,great player but hasn't played well at all bar like 2 games this season,decrease..

Huddlestone - well I like this player but another player who hasn't been performing,by rights should decrease..

Defoe - Unfortunately he hasn't been played much this season he is a great striker,but as you said,good SUBSTITUTE..

I would agree on most of them from there but i'm not just slating the players,they have underperformed and the stats prove it..

Cheers :)

Bale - will definitely increase to about 87-88 not 89 mate thats silly imo for his first PL season..

Zokora - Have i ever seen a worse mid in the Prem' date='every game he's poor..

Robinson - stay the same!?! :eek: are you crazy,he has been shocking all season apart from the last 2 or 3 games which isn't enough to keep his rating imo..

King - same as Robbo,he has been injured,therefore will decrease..If it happens like that for every club then it should for Spurs..

Lennon - go up?? very much doubt it,what exactly has this lad done to help Spurs this season?,great player poor so far this season..

Berbatov - Another one,great player but hasn't played well at all bar like 2 games this season,decrease..

Huddlestone - well I like this player but another player who hasn't been performing,by rights should decrease..

Defoe - Unfortunately he hasn't been played much this season he is a great striker,but as you said,good SUBSTITUTE..

[/b']

I would agree on most of them from there but i'm not just slating the players,they have underperformed and the stats prove it..

i agree there with danny

imo keane,bale and malbrounque were the only good players for tottenham side and defo should get an increase.

berbatov hasnt been bad this season but he has to find back his form from last season were he easily was one of the best in the EPL

Zokora - Have i ever seen a worse mid in the Prem' date='every game he's poor..

[/b']

Was in a rush before as Im around a mates tonight playing his Wii :)

Forgot to go back to King, I think King will stay the same, because - Owen stayed at 95 while injured until the next ratings. So I believe that unless they forgot to put Owen down then surely by what SM have done previously, King will stay.

Bale for sure 87-89, but think seriously Danny, Downing is what 91 I think... honestly Bale has played better most games and overall has been better but his injurys mean he will probably make 88. 89 could happen though.

Danny again... Zokora as I said was terrible early season but think of it like this, he came out for a few games and was Spurs best midfielder, and then recently he did was Essien did and played as a centre back for a few games. He is only 90 and his performances will level out meaning he will probably stay at 90 but maybe 89.

Robinson has had some howlers and yeh thinking over it again he has had more poor performances then good and thinking of it he should be 91 on par with Valdes.

Lennon will stay the same, was poor to average early and was even dropped, few recent good games but will stay although it depends how many weeks it is until the changes.

Berbatov this season for me has become the most over-rated player in the premiership but recent performances will keep him at 93 becuase SM dont always do ratings on the past 10 games etc they tend to do collective data which for me says he will stay a 93 but I wouldnt be suprised at a 92.

Im also a bit of a fan of Huddlestone but he was dropped for getting rather fat and has made a good comeback. What is he 88? If he is 88 then he will stay if he is higher then he will be 88 if he is lower then he will stay, I cant really remember in all honest and Im in a rush to go and play RESI on the Wii :P

Defoe has come on most games and scored. I cant remember exactly but I believe he has scored around 6, and for me says he will stay for now.

Only did a few cos I gotta go, will do more tomoz.

Bale for sure 87-89' date=' but think seriously Danny, Downing is what 91 I think... honestly Bale has played better most games and overall has been better but his injurys mean he will probably make 88. 89 could happen though.

Only did a few cos I gotta go, will do more tomoz.[/quote']

K mate,although Downing is 89 :)

And comparing him to one player won't influence it too much,plus i think Downing is overated :)

Despite not wanting this to be about ratings, can't resist commenting:

Alnwick - 82> 80. Played 4 times on loan at League One Luton.

Cerny 84 > 84. Played a few UEFA cup games and once in the league and did a fair job.

Robinson 91 > 91. More a victim of bad press than bad form. Have seen Cech make more errors than Robinson this season but Robbo is hyper analysed as plays for England. Has been solid this season on the whole; it is the defending as a team that has been atrocious on the whole.

Assou-Ekotto 86 > 85. Actually do like this guy, but has been injured and barely played.

Bale 86>86 He has played 8 games in the EPL in his career. Hasn't played for a month. By the time England is reviewed it will be even more than that. Still quite naive at the back, and has been part of a shocking defensive unit. I know he has been very good coming forward but for me all the above means a change is not yet deserved.

Chimbonda 90>90 Still looks great on the ball to me. He isn't playing much differently to last season so would be surprised if he changed.

Dawson 89>88 Has been a key member of the side but at the heart of an awful defense and has not looked himself without King at his side. Could be saved if things continue to improve.

Dervitte 70>68 Not played. At all.

Gardner 86>60 I hate this player. OK, am kidding about the 60. > 85 though. He is way down the pecking order, and besides that, he is just awful. I am literally scared whenever he is selected.

Ifil 76> 81 Out on loan at Southampton and has done nicely. 11 starts.

Kaboul 88 > 87 Awful overall, definitely down for me. Showed some promise, and will be good, but doesn't know how to defend to the speed of the EPL yet and has been responsible for making some big mistakes and showboating when we don't have the luxury. Not first team this season by merit.

King - 91 > 90 Has to drop. Not played.

Lee 88 > 88 Has been decent. Not showy, but solid. Made few mistakes. Is not second choice to Bale, as most of the time Bale has played Lee has been on the pitch too.

Ricardo Rocha 88 > 87 Not played much and simply not great when he did.

Stalteri 86 > 86 I like Stalteri a lot, he is very solid and very dependable and I am surprised he has not been swiped by another EPL side as on the whole he did very well for us prior to Chimbonda's arrival in a successful side. Hasn't played much but I think this rating is fine for a back up to Chimbonda. May drop though on account of lack of matches.

Boateng 87 > 86. Not impressed so far. Looks showy and arrogant. Like a poor man's C Ronaldo. Barely played for one reason or another. Had a poor day debut and has done nothing to impress me from that day forth besides having some nice tatoos.

Ghaly 87 > 85 Why is he here? Doesn't want to be, and not wanted by the management. Thought he was OK, but doesn't play so down he goes.

Huddlestone 88>88 A bit naive at times but our most gifted young player for me and the most creative player we have in midfield. 88 seems fair considering he has been in and out the side but impressive when in it. Winning over Ramos despite being 'fat' (fat?!)

Jenas 89>88 Way too inconsistent to be on a par with people like Kevin Nolan. He drifts in and out of games for me. I don't think this player ever wanted to be at Spurs; he doesn't play near capacity for most games.

Lennon 89>88 I think he is poor. Hasn't been consistent, and at his best he is mediocre. Can't cross, can't pass, can't tackle, can't mark, no strength, can't create, can't look up. Can run. Can run. Can run. Big deal; so can any winger. No longer on the cusp of the England side and rightly so.

Malbranque 90 > 90 I think his rating will be saved by the fact he is growing in confidence and his performances are generally improving. Overall though his season has been poor for a 90 rated player so may hit 89.

O'Hara - 76> 79 Was decent against Arsenal and very patchy against Fulham, who were awful. I suspect he has played on adrenaline and don't think he got a start on merit.

Routledge 86 > 85 Like this player and don't know why he doesn't get played more. We are dying for more wide players yet we never even try him out. Sadly his lack of games means a decrease.

Taarabt 78>80 Lots of raw talent but some way off first team.

Tainio 87>87 Very dependable. One of our more consistent players. He always plays reasonably well and never more or less than that really!

Zokora 90>90 Think he has done well this season. Did well when asked to play at the back. Has been working hard for the team and has a lot of pace and power. I don't think he has been anywhere near poor.

Barcham - not yet on the DB but played a few recent games on loan for Leyton Orient and should come on at about 71.

Barnard - 76>76 Been in reasonable form on loan at Crewe.

Bent 89>88 Hasn't played badly, just hasn't played enough in my view. An excellent player though and I think given a run in the first team he would do nicely.

Berbatov - 93>92. His attitude stinks and for most of most games he looks like he doesn't want to be there. He has been occasionally petulant and surly with opposition and team mates and officials. Goes down to easily and seems to have been listening to his own press to much. Has shown flashes of genius but little consistency. A top top player, playing like a big big spoilt bratt.

Defoe - 90>89 Sub appearances and just one start. I think he is a tremendous player and credit to him for sticking with it at Spurs despite falling down the pecking order, but for SM ratings he hasn't done enough to hold a 90.

Dixon 74>70 Never ever plays.

Keane 92>93 The best Spurs player by a mile and very consistent, creative, entertaining and effective. Plays with his heart on his sleeve and a smile on his face, never stops talking to his team. I would like 11 Robbie Keane's. My favourite player; of all players, which I know is Spurs bias but nonetheless I think his form befits better ratings.

Pekhart 74>75 Never plays, but u-21 Czech international and doing nicely at that level

Ok' date=' I like Berbatov more now he has scored a decent hattrick :D

3-4 Reading though :([/quote']

Holy ****!!!!!!!!! WOW it is now 4-4!!!

Come on Spurs! If we can win this thriller I will be so happy tonight! Might even crack open the Southern Comfort a few days early lol.

Berbatov!

Holy ****!!!!!!!!! WOW it is now 4-4!!!

Come on Spurs! If we can win this thriller I will be so happy tonight! Might even crack open the Southern Comfort a few days early lol.

Berbatov!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN!!!!!!

5-4! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

That was quite a finish by Berbatov.... on the volley, powered off and past the keeper.

4 goals for him now. I may have to eat my words about his attitude being appalling, as he looks quite fired up today.

Kicked the corner flag over in frustration. Why can't he be like this every game...passion, consistency and determination is all that stops Berbatov being the best striker in the EPL and perhaps beyond.

Malbranque had another good game. Defoe was super sub again and looked very dangerous.

Defense was shambolic again.... :D

From Goal.com:

Dimitar Berbatov has insisted that his agent was wrong to say that he wanted to leave Tottenham Hotspur and pledged his future to the north London club.

The 26-year-old striker has been the subject of speculation after his representative, Emil Dantchev, stated that he was keen to join a bigger club in order to win trophies.

But Berbatov has revealed that he was infuriated with the announcement and stated that he has no desire to quit White Hart Lane.

"There are too many speculations around my name, but most of them are foolish. It's absurd and I'm tired of seeing my name in the newspapers. I want to live in peace. It is getting too much," he told Bulgarian television.

"I am a Tottenham player and I'm trying to give my best, so I can help my team. I'm happy when we play well and I'm miserable when we lose our games.

"I'm happy at the moment. You can win titles and medals with every team and I can win with Tottenham too."

In order to put off would-be suitors, Tottenham coach Juande Ramos has said that Berbatov would cost more than €40m.

That has only added pressure to the bashful player and he believes that his teammates should be given more consideration.

"It's ridiculous, I don't think that I'm worth so much money. I just have to do my job and score goals. I'm not a one-man team," he continued.

"Everybody in the team supports me and I've never heard a reproach or felt envy."

Despite disagreeing with his coach's evaluation, Berbatov was full of praise for Ramos and the changes that he has made at Tottenham.

"Juande is very good, both as a man and as a coach. He sees even the small details that remain hidden from most people," he concluded.

Fingers crossed. Much as Berbatov is annoying me lately, can't deny he is talented and a club like Spurs who claim Champions League aspirations cannot be selling players like him.

From Goal.com:

Dimitar Berbatov has insisted that his agent was wrong to say that he wanted to leave Tottenham Hotspur and pledged his future to the north London club.

The 26-year-old striker has been the subject of speculation after his representative' date=' Emil Dantchev, stated that he was keen to join a bigger club in order to win trophies.

But Berbatov has revealed that he was infuriated with the announcement and stated that he has no desire to quit White Hart Lane.

"There are too many speculations around my name, but most of them are foolish. It's absurd and I'm tired of seeing my name in the newspapers. I want to live in peace. It is getting too much," he told Bulgarian television.

"I am a Tottenham player and I'm trying to give my best, so I can help my team. I'm happy when we play well and I'm miserable when we lose our games.

"I'm happy at the moment. You can win titles and medals with every team and I can win with Tottenham too."

In order to put off would-be suitors, Tottenham coach Juande Ramos has said that Berbatov would cost more than €40m.

That has only added pressure to the bashful player and he believes that his teammates should be given more consideration.

"It's ridiculous, I don't think that I'm worth so much money. I just have to do my job and score goals. I'm not a one-man team," he continued.

"Everybody in the team supports me and I've never heard a reproach or felt envy."

Despite disagreeing with his coach's evaluation, Berbatov was full of praise for Ramos and the changes that he has made at Tottenham.

"Juande is very good, both as a man and as a coach. He sees even the small details that remain hidden from most people," he concluded.

Fingers crossed. Much as Berbatov is annoying me lately, can't deny he is talented and a club like Spurs who claim Champions League aspirations cannot be selling players like him.[/quote']

Woo :) Thanks for that Teb :D Great news really. Gives us more hope that he will stay and that we will still make the top 8 ;)

Spurs 5-1 Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although partly reserves around 5 players are 1st teamers and / or subs etc.

Jenas, Bedtner o.g, Keane, Lennon, and Malbraque with Spurs' goals and Adebayor with the Arsenal goal.

Now Mr. Ramos, prove your worth and I dont want none of this Tiago, Gilberto none-sense.

I want Emmanuelson and VDV pleas Sir :)

I rate the probability of this happening as about one in a million, but a few sites are reporting this, such as Sky Sports:

Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham want to sign Barcelona defender Carlos Puyol.

Juande Ramos is thought to be keen to strengthen his defence as he continues to reshape his White Hart Lane squad.

It is claimed that Tottenham representatives are in Spain to discuss a move with the Barcelona captain.

Ramos has also been linked with an approach for Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Woodgate as he attempts to find an experienced centre-back to bring to North London.

Puyol has made 58 appearances for Spain and played in the 2002 and 2006 World Cup finals.

Well, you can't blame Puyol for fancying a move to a far superior club :confused::rolleyes:

Spurs 5-1 Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although partly reserves around 5 players are 1st teamers and / or subs etc.

Jenas' date=' Bedtner o.g, Keane, Lennon, and Malbraque with Spurs' goals and Adebayor with the Arsenal goal.

Now Mr. Ramos, prove your worth and I dont want none of this Tiago, Gilberto none-sense.

I want Emmanuelson and VDV pleas Sir :)[/quote']

Agreed. actually tiago is fine for me, if he decides to come. but we should continue to aim at young players!

and recent rumours about jonathan woodgate!? is our physio not working hard enough already?

:eek: Deals everywhere for Spurs. :eek:

Players in and out.

Who's next? lol, David Villa :D

Defoe leaving :mad: I like Defoe and im dissapointed so hopefully we can get a good replacement tonight.

Goalkeeper next though in my opinion. Cerny at the moment is returning to whatever they're called at the end of the season and its quite clear that Ramos is clearly not resting Robinson lol.

So a few more deals please Mr. Ramos. Just hold onto Chimbonda and Boateng please. lol.

Everton took Gardner on loan??! That is the weirdest loan move ever, but a cunning one, as it is like planting a bomb in the stadium of a team who rival us (if we can be said to be in the race) for 5th place! :D

Quite sad to see Defoe going, as seems to be the case. Can't blame him though. Stalteri out on loan... the beginning of the end for him as well as seems like Ramos is reshaping the defense entirely. Presumably it will be:

---------------Robinson?--------------------

--------------------------------------------

Hutton-------King-----Woodgate-----Gilberto

Lennon---Huddlestone?----Jenas--------Bale?

-----------Berbatov------Keane-------------

Am not entirely convinced Ramos likes Huddlestone enough to have him as first choice. I also don't think Malbranque plays with enough natural width to stay his first choice, as Ramos like the wide guys, hence why I stuck Bale at left wing. Crying out for a world class holding midfielder too, I think. Heard Albelda was being linked to us, would be a good signing. Can't see Robbo being number one again under Ramos, but I couldn't bear to put Cerny in.

I think that Ramos likes Boateng and will be the reason that he stays. But with Jenas and Boateng playing the same role I doubt Boateng would be first team.

Albelda in the summer for free because of his contract wouldnt be bad. Downing I dont think I would want anymore. Not sure why but dont think he is actually worth that much although he would be a good LM for us.

Malbranque and Bale will rotate I presume, our midfield is alright but its like Arsenal's as in we have players who can play in different positions - Versetile or however its spelt lol.

Tottenham 0-1 PSV

A bad lose for Tottenham in the UEFA cup especially considering they were at home. This means they have to go to PSV and score at least 2 goals to go through without extra time. If PSV take the lead in the 2nd leg then i think it will be tie over but it will make for a great leg if Tottenham score first.

But i think PSV will eventually get through mainly because of experience. :)