Sign in to follow this  
ian neller

Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Dawson renewed his contract so at the moment it is him and Woodgate.

I don't think Spurs are charitable enough to keep King if they don't expect him to get any number of games for them this season... so fingers crossed...

EDIT.. Woody and Dawson at the back against Celtic right now.

Also playing a 4-4-2 just to prove all us 4-5-1 predictors wrong lol, Berbs and Bent up front.

Essou-Ekotto also started, but heard he is off on loan which is probably best as he needs to regain match fitness and form - lots of potential though.

Can someone tell me' date=' with the signing of David Bentley, whats gonna happen to Lennon. They both play the same side and are skilled in roughly the same areas.

Also, with the impending transfer of Andrei Arshavin, who's an AM/F, whats gonna happen with Modric and Dos Santos, who also play that position? Modric got his first goal last night and Dos Santos had a hand in all 5 v Leyton orient, so I would find it a bit unfair if they are just bench-warmers next season. I used to like Tottenham and in previous seasons have been willing them on to break into the top four at the expense of the Gooners, but with so many changes in and out, and with more detined to come, (Luis Garcia, Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko) I think they are gonna spend another season in mid table.[/quote']

Lennons long been linked with Newcastle as Spurs think hes lazy. I guess thats where he'll be going...

I think we will keep him. Still young, so much as I think he had a poor season he still has time on his side. We lacked depth on the wings last season so I reckon he will still get plenty of match time for us.

Bent scores yet again... lets hope he can take his form to the EPL.

I think we will keep him. Still young' date=' so much as I think he had a poor season he still has time on his side. We lacked depth on the wings last season so I reckon he will still get plenty of match time for us.

Bent scores yet again... lets hope he can take his form to the EPL.[/quote']

Bent was good for u last pre season but was rubbish in prem. Also his goal was a gift from hartley good finish tho.

Hartley :/

Bent was good for u last pre season but was rubbish in prem. Also his goal was a gift from hartley good finish tho.

Hartley :/

Spurs 2-0 Celtic. Tottenham were the better team, face it.

Another away defeat against Celtic, and more excuses from fans.

Also, he wasnt rubbish in the EPL as he was behind Berbs, Keane and Defoe so with no playing time how is he meant to make any impact at all?

To James - Lennon started but was subbed off ;)

Spurs 2-0 Celtic. Tottenham were the better team' date=' face it.

Another away defeat against Celtic, and more excuses from fans.

Also, he wasnt rubbish in the EPL as he was behind Berbs, Keane and Defoe so with no playing time how is he meant to make any impact at all?

To James - Lennon started but was subbed off ;)[/quote']

Are u parinoyed about our fans cos dunfermline caint get 500 at a match. i said truth they were better side. When dunfermline get in a big pre season torny like this tell me please.

Also he wasnt on form at all last year.

Are u parinoyed about our fans cos dunfermline caint get 500 at a match. i said truth they were better side. When dunfermline get in a big pre season torny like this tell me please.

Also he wasnt on form at all last year.

This has nothing at all to do with me supporting Dunfermline. As far as I am concerned, my grandad got me into it all, I go home and away every week and they are my home club. Unlike some people in Scotland who just follow one half of the old firm - but thats a different debate. 500 at a match? Shows how much exactly, that you are in touch with Scottish football.

And how can someone hit form with 5-10mins every so often?

This has nothing at all to do with me supporting Dunfermline. As far as I am concerned' date=' my grandad got me into it all, I go home and away every week and they are my home club. Unlike some people in Scotland who just follow one half of the old firm - but thats a different debate. 500 at a match? Shows how much exactly, that you are in touch with Scottish football.

And how can someone hit form with 5-10mins every so often?[/quote']

Nah my friend i was born into old firm i dnt have much of a choice i betraed my family for celtic tho. Any way im in touch with most of it just not rubbish bits :o

Back to Spurs anyway lads... :confused:

I didn't get to see much of the second half.

Bentley looked pretty shattered, I hope we can have him fit for the new season as we could use the service.

Modric looked pretty tame in the first half, but I suppose it is early days; not sure if he was better in the second half.

I already miss Robbo's distribution as well... but pleased to see the Octopus keep a clean sheet!

Guest the plummer

Can a few people give me thier opinions on allan hutton

a feel hes a great player and would love to know how he is getting on?

thanks

Greig

Can a few people give me thier opinions on allan hutton

a feel hes a great player and would love to know how he is getting on?

thanks

Greig

With Chimbonda leaving now he's got the right back first team spot for sure. Hopefully he'll hit the form at Spurs next season that he was getting with Rangers. He's got the potential to rise to 90, but we should see how he gets along in the new season first.

Does any Spurs supporter think Dervite will get the chance to progress this season? I can remember when he first joined Spurs in Summer 06 how highly rated he was, he played like 1 game, got injured, and I haven't seen him since.

Hard to say... I think someone like Kaboul, Rocha, and Gardner are still ahead of him really, but Kaboul and Rocha may well leave permanently and Gardner of course is off on loan.

We recently binned Defendi who was a player with loads of potential but never got a chance with us really... I hope the same is not true of Dervitte but sadly as Ramos didn't sign him it is hard given that to see him playing someone with so little experience (one league cup appearance) ahead of others who are better known and experienced.

I don't think he has been played in our pre-season friendlies, even in the 'Spurs XI' games. However, he did start playing again for the Reserves last season, having recovered from injury and has certainly been impressive at that level in the past.

I hope he stays and is given a chance, but hard to tell - the short answer is 'i don't know' :D

I found a stream to Middlesbrough vs Spurs if anyone is interested, here is the link.

Half time as I type this but it is on after the break, live, and English commentary. Quality is reasonable...

EDIT: Good old Spurs, never fail to disappoint :)

Oh Dear, same old Spurs, big hype, but we never deliver at the start of the season, we have been undone by yet another set piece, which was one of our issues last year, anything but a win next week vs Sunderland is useless!

Although Spurs were pretty dire, I think it would be jumping the gun a bit to expect this performance to reflect the season to come.

Modric will need a bit of time to adapt to the pace and talents of the EPL, but is technically gifted enough that he should do so, and Giovanni is also used to a very different league albeit a great one. Bentley should get better and better as he still lacks some fitness, and who knows... maybe King will sober up and get some games for us :D Bale is another coming back from injury, and we looked better once him and Berbatov came on. I also think the squad will be happier when the whole Berba saga is over, one way or the other.

No excuses though, Middlesbrough were organised and are a decent side with a adecent manager, and largely controlled the game, and we need to be much better.

There are around 6 teams in the league in circumstances I would take a loss against and then there are the rest whom I expect wins or draws against.

Middles I would expect a 2-1 win at worst at home and a draw away but to be 2-0 down and only lose 2-1 with a lucky goal, not happy. Havent seen the game yet but our team does need time to gel but lets be fair we couldnt have looked much better in pre season so rather dissapointed.

No further comments yet other then a new striker and a couple of defenders please Mr Ramos!