Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Seems like we're close to selling Bent to 'em Mackems' date=' no surprise there, plus they're willing to buy him for around 10-11mill, thats a SCORE!! for us. :D Hopefully we don't do the same and go and buy him back in January. :rolleyes: As for Pav, we shouldn't sell him, what a lot of people forget is he hardly got any pre-season rest the Russian season starts later so he had that still to go through the summer plus he had the Euro's to play in too, i'd prefer to judge him more this season, as it would be much more fair. As for RVN, i honestly hope he doesn't come to Spurs, and he probably wont, but my reservation about him really is his age, i know he's a ol' goal banger, he'll just poach and poach some more, but at the price we might have to pay for him, plus his weekly wage, i cant justify taking on a player like that, plus he's been quite vocal that his motivation is to play in the WC next year, he won't give a toss about us the year after. We're being heavily linked up with Nelgredo, i defo wouldn't mind us getting him, [b']plus it would be off the hook init if we could beat Arsenal in the signing for 'Le Destruceur', LORIK CANA![/b] B)

It's quite clear that we're after Melo. And as much as I would like Cana at Arsenal, I doubt that the links are substantial enough. So even if you do sign him which also seems very unlikely, you wouldn't have "beaten us" to his signature. :P

It's quite clear that we're after Melo. And as much as I would like Cana at Arsenal' date=' I doubt that the links are substantial enough. So even if you do sign him which also seems very unlikely, you wouldn't have "beaten us" to his signature. :P[/quote']

Haha, you'll be blowing a different tune now john. :D:rolleyes:

http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newseventi_D231870518C04C52AEA44D74FE8CA28D.asp

WHEY we're on the board finally! Not one... but TWO signings! :eek::)

"Tottenham have confirmed the signings of Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker from Sheffield United."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5448327,00.html

I reckon our next signing will be be Crouchy as Hazza has been quite vocal as of recent about wanting him, bit miffed about where that would leave Pav tho. :rolleyes:

RECENT SPURS RESULTS: (all July Dates)

Wed 15th 19:45 Friendly Match Exeter 0 - 3 Tottenham

Fri 17th 19:45 Friendly Match Bournemouth 0 - 3 Tottenham

Tue 21st 19:45 Friendly Match Peterborough 0 - 4 Tottenham

NEXT MATCH:

Fri 24th 20:00 Friendly Match Tottenham vs Barcelona - aw jezzzzz! will be showing on SS1!

reminder

tottenham match today!

Vs barcelona

time: @8pm

date: July 24th' date=' 2009

on: Ss1[/font']

*for those who don't have ss1, will try to find an online link and put it up here around the time of kick-off*

'mon spurs!

:)

Im going to see it. :D

I know' date=' Acleast we'll have a chance to see how the others will do in the absence of the likes of King, Dawson etc.

:)[/quote']

Yeah totally init. I'm lost for words when its come to our off-season activity, especially now with our CB problems. We're being linked up to allsorts; Crouchy, Huntelaar, Distin, Cana, but Hazza has come out saying they're all too expensive, which really isn't a surprise as the way certain teams have been spending this summer, which has only driven up player values for now, so we're in abit of barney. Sure we signed those two Sheffield lads, but at the end of the day, for 'short-term' purposes, as in this season and maybe next, they'll play a very minuscule part in the team, as they'll look to develop, so we're basically running out the same mess we had last season.

I honestly hope that Commoli and Ramos, but mainly Commoli realizes how much he's set our team back with his tosspot-numpty signings last year, that's our cash out the window, I am however a firm believer we did the right thing selling Berba, we got a score on that from Utd! Plus we made a right signing in Palacios, but that was down to Hazza. :D

Whey! Our 3rd Signing!

:D

Well in the spirit of us always buying back players... we've done it again, after a ten year absence from WHL, Crouchy is BACK! :)

The fee is believed to be around the £9-10mill mark. With this signing much talk has gathered that Bent will make way to 'em Mackems in order to as Hazza puts it, 'balance the books'. Bent has already been taken out of our China pre-season tour, which one can only further speculate his move to Sunderland is imminent. It will be interesting to also see what happens to Pav now too, as him and Crouchy are very similar in likes, I had it that Pav would stay, but maybe Hazza may see him as 'baggage' now, could sell him if a worthy offer comes in, that could also mean though we could get another ST, who knows. At this moment though, our top priority will surely be a CB, as Woodsy and King are at it again, on their usual injury-prone paths. As of right now we'll have Corluka playing RCB it seems, with Hutton at RB, the question of who will play alongside Corluka for the time being is up for debate. We're now being linked up to Distin, who i reckon would be a worthy signing, plus yet again another player Hazza has worked with. Well that's all from me. CROUCHY!!! :D

What does a chewing gum and Tottenham have in common?

They both stick to the bottom of the table.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Any Newcastle jokes directed back will have no effect as I have heard them all already. :) Was only trying to liven up this place anyways since you only have 2 fans. :P

Very good performance today. Watched the full game and the whole team played well. Assou-Ekotto, O'Hara and Naughton impressed me most. :)

Good win and cant wait for Friday.

Good signing in Crouchy too. Wouldnt mind if we got rid of Keane you know, Create money to strengthen other areas. Pav would be sufficient back up, And we could easily call up on youngsters from the Reserves/Academy if needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gone a bit quiet on here hasn't it? Not even being joint top of the league is enough to get you talking. :P

One word.

Championship :)

Anyway I'm not posting on these forums again just checking for certain replies.

Spurs can never do right in the non fans of Spurs eyes. We start poorly last season and recieve all the abuse and banter about apparently being the first team to break the top 4 and how stupid Spurs fans are to think that. We go from 8 games and 2 points to finish just outside Europe. Still people revolt back to under achieving or believing were better then we are.

We make a great start, unexpected to some. Optimistic fans like myself thinking after the first 5 games 10 points would be good and we have come out with more but now I hear stuff like it was all luck your now going to end up outside the top 10. Good luck to anyone who can say that about Spurs after 1 loss which was a little harsh at 3-1 but United did deserve the win more then we did a draw at the end of the day.

Also hear alot of Arsenal fans turn sour at our start and revert to the past like they always do. End of the day football is a business and our Carling Cup 08 trophy says that in recent times were more successful then Arsenal, but I'm happy if Arsenal want to live in the past.

At the end of the day I feel Spurs made the best transfer dealings this summer within the EPL and come the end of the season when we finish in the top 6 we will have proved we really are looking to break the top 4 and are serious about it.

One word.

Championship :)

Anyway I'm not posting on these forums again just checking for certain replies.

Spurs can never do right in the non fans of Spurs eyes. We start **** last season and recieve all the abuse and banter about apparently being the first team to break the top 4 and how stupid Spurs fans are to think that. We go from 8 games and 2 points to finish just outside Europe. Still people revolt back to under achieving or believing were better then we are.

We make a great start' date=' unexpected to some. Optimistic fans like myself thinking after the first 5 games 10 points would be good and we have come out with more but now I hear stuff like it was all luck your now going to end up outside the top 10. Good luck to anyone who can say that about Spurs after 1 loss which was a little harsh at 3-1 but United did deserve the win more then we did a draw at the end of the day.

Also hear alot of Arsenal fans turn sour at our start and revert to the past like they always do. End of the day football is a business and our Carling Cup 08 trophy says that in recent times were more successful then Arsenal, but I'm happy if Arsenal want to live in the past.

At the end of the day I feel Spurs made the best transfer dealings this summer within the EPL and come the end of the season when we finish in the top 6 we will have proved we really are looking to break the top 4 and are serious about it.[/quote']

And what is with the petty reply? I was only asking why you aren't talking on here. :confused: Personally I'm very happy Tottenham are doing well. If one of you finally breaks up the top 4 it will be better for English football.

And what is with the petty reply? I was only asking why you aren't talking on here. :confused: Personally I'm very happy Tottenham are doing well. If one of you finally breaks up the top 4 it will be better for English football.

Post 189 - Any Toon banter will have no affect.

Post 192 - An attempt at banter at Spurs fans going quiet.

It wont have any affect, although calling a post petty in terms to its banter at Toon relations might be called an affect :rolleyes:

I don't come to these forums anymore. Im just waiting for a certain few replies so I don't know anything about how many Spurs fans there are here. But they have no reason to go quiet and its not like fans elsewhere would come and post alot after a loss, unless your posting on a club forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Spurs have had a great start to the season, i did not expect it to be this way, but it is. Allot of credit has to do to Harry though, he has done allot of right moves since he has come and has turned around the team, they were in terrible shape when he came.

But to be honest staying in the top 4 will be really tough, for several reasons. First of all, despite all our heroics our main competitors are either above us or have about the same amount of points and unlike us, they are not over exerting themselves to bring in the results they are having.

Next we lack depth, it is really starting to show now, put it this way, we are currently playing with a right back (Corluka) and defensive midfielder (Huddlestone) at the center defense role!!! We do not have a left midfielder (Modric is a playmaker\Attacking Midfielder).

I think the only way we can stay in the top 4 is if Harry pulls off some super moves in January, most likely we do not have any\much cash, so he will need to sell. Ideally we will need to dump some of our expensive bench players (Gooner Bentley and Pavs) with that cash we will open up options to buy a proper Midfield Left\Winger and maybe some back up players at Right Wing, Left back.

Either way, all those transfers are not easy to do in the January window, i know that the fans and the club know what we need, lets see if we can pull off the moves to push for a top 4 placing

• 3 weeks later...

We where awful, and Ledley King was an absolute tossa.

Clearly a XI without both Lennon and Modric was our downfall, along with those Gooners' form. Was very uncharacteristic of Palacios to be giving the ball away as easily, foolishly as he did today, just an overall bad performance, where we where played off the pitch in the second half. As for our 'back 4' I certainly hope Bassong's knock isn't as serious as it looked, we're already bordering on a skint back line. Also just my opinion on Krancjar, obviously still fairly a new player, getting used to the club, but compared to his play seen at Pompey, he hasn't impressed nor shown his worth. I hope things get better for us from here. Also to add the Liverpool loss today, does take this defeat easier to swallow as we still remain in 4th. Mackems next week at WHL, the return of BENT! :D Should be a cracker!

EDIT: Sorry, Hesse, unfortunately, is too thick to point out the real reason there was an infraction on the above post, the reason being, I used the word "tossa", when referring to Ledley King. There was no "attack on moderation", what B.S.