Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Ledley King was useless :| thought he was our hope of a decent back up for the world cup' date=' i think hes proven he cant but it in the big games, which is every game at the world cup, really dissappointing[/quote']

I think personally that his chances of going to the World Cup ended years ago. What good is a player that can't train during the week if you want him to play on a Saturday? That would make him nigh on useless in a World Cup Finals, and would mean he'd only be any good as a sub, if at all.

I am surprised Ledley is getting slated for the Arsenal game and being labelled "useless".

I thought he did well on the whole against Arsenal, apart from the one mistake that led to the 2nd goal.

He played 24 league games for us last season and started 7 out of 11 thus far. Most of the time I see him play I think the man is a freak of nature, he doesn't even train week to week yet still has most strikers under control.

I am surprised Ledley is getting slated for the Arsenal game and being labelled "useless".

I thought he did well on the whole against Arsenal' date=' apart from the one mistake that led to the 2nd goal.

He played 24 league games for us last season and started 7 out of 11 thus far. Most of the time I see him play I think the man is a freak of nature, he doesn't even train week to week yet still has most strikers under control.[/quote']

I thought he was excellent Vs us 1st game of the season, guy is a beast!

although an easy target I guess when things go wrong or he makes a mistake because of his INJ record and training thing

• 2 weeks later...

My fellow yids, Carlo Cudicini has been involved in a motorbike crash. :(

"Cudicini's BMW superbike collided with a Ford Fiesta on Forest Road, Walthamstow at 10.30am on Thursday morning.

Tottenham have confirmed Cudicini fractured his wrists and injured his pelvis in the accident."

The Italian has been rushed to hospital after suffering injuries described by the police as 'possibly life-changing'. :eek: =S

I certainly hope it isn't as serious as it sounds, what a shame.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5691037,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8357262.stm

It's never as bad as it sounds, things like these are always exaggerated.

I do feel for him, at an awful time in his life, but tbh it's not going to affect too much on the footballing side. He's 36, coming to the end of his career, not going to get much game time anyway and probably would have retired soon. This will probably just end his career a year or two earlier.

Best wishes for him though, hope he gets well soon. One of the best keepers in the world before Cech came along.

For all you Tottenham supporters out there;

Opening up the debate on Spurs players again.

What are peoples opinions of our current players?

I'll start off with,

• Gomes. I'm starting to like the guy, he has been improving this season and if only we could get a settled defense in front him - one that protected him a little better from set pieces and crosses he could become very safe. Should get 91 rated sometime soon.
  • Corluka We really haven't seen the best of Charlie, he has seemed ponderous of late and prone to lapses of concentration, wish he was the player we saw at Man City. I don't think he should keep his 91 rating.
  • Hutton I don't reckon he is good enough for Spurs, I emit a slight whipper of displeasure each time he is named or subbed on. 88 is fair.
  • Assou-Ekotto Despite his improvement this season I'm not a fan of him either. He should have been a great buy - Damien Comolli said "one of the hottest and brightest prospects in French football" at the time of his purchase. Probably 89 is his limit.
  • Bassong Looking like a great transfer. If he can avoid the CB curse at Spurs he should develop into one of the best defenders in the League. Like Gomes needs some stability around him to reach full potential. 91+ future player.
  • Krancjar To early to say how he will pan out at Spurs but was one of Portsmouth's best players... and we all know where their good players end up... following Harry!
  • Bentley What a disappointment. I'd say give him another chance, but Harry is doing darn well at the moment, it just a shame to see players go to waste - like Dos Santos and Taarabt. Recently dropped his rating and should stick at that, needs to move club.

-----------

Now come on you Yids, this is one the most under supported threads for the Premier League... we are a top four club after all!!!........ Well for a short period at least.

Spurs have been linked with Spanish left winger Vicente who has fallen out with Valencia manager Emery. If Spurs do buy him and can keep him fit (that'll be the hard bit) he could turn out to be a top buy (even by Harry's standards). Just a few years back he was one of the top Spanish wingers. He then got hit with injuries and has recently fallen out with the gaffer. Maybe Harry is the man to get his career back on track?

You've also been linked with Julio Baptista. Not sure how that'll go down with the Aresnal fans if that was to become a reality.

Spurs have been linked with Spanish left winger Vicente who has fallen out with Valencia manager Emery. If Spurs do buy him and can keep him fit (that'll be the hard bit) he could turn out to be a top buy (even by Harry's standards). Just a few years back he was one of the top Spanish wingers. He then got hit with injuries and has recently fallen out with the gaffer. Maybe Harry is the man to get his career back on track?

You've also been linked with Julio Baptista. Not sure how that'll go down with the Aresnal fans if that was to become a reality.

Also today French starlet Hatem Ben Arfa has fallen out with his coach and is now linked with Spurs' date=' another player that 'was' a class act, full of potential.

[url']http://goal.com/en/news/90/france/2009/11/18/1631761/hatem-ben-arfa-set-to-leave-marseille-after-altercation-with[/url]

Spurs could change White Heart Lane into White Heart Borstal!

I know him doing this in the midle of a discussion, butI decided to predict spurs' rating, feel free to comment. =)

Dark green = Rise

Light green = May rise

Black = Stay

Orange = May drop

Red = Drop

GK GOMES 90 - 91/90

Has done some awesome saves lately and norwegian football "experts" have put him in the team of the week 2 times in 3 matches.

GK CUDICINI 88 - 88/87

Has done enough to keep his rating imo. Done some decent appearances while Gomes was injuried. Although the long-term injurie may be fatal for his rating

GK WALKER 78 - 78

No games, no rise

GK BUTTON 65 - 71/72

Done ok for Crewe

LB/LM BALE 87 - 86

Not getting a single game. Sad tbh cause I know he's got the talent

LB ASSOU-EKOTTO 87 - 88

Been looking good this year with a nice goal against Liverpool

RB/CB CORLUKA 91 - 91

Done enough to keep his rating, nothing more imo

RB HUTTON 88 - 88

Same as Corluka

RB/LB NAUGHTON 83 - 83/84

Got bigger chance of a stay than a rise. Played a lil bit in the League cup.

Maybe a pos change to RB/RM?

CB/DM KING 89 - 89

Injury prone (:mad:) but looking terrific when he's on the pitch. He'll keep his rating

CB WOODGATE 89 - 89/88

Not played a match due to injury. Looks like he's lost his place to Bassong (?)

EDIT: He started against Stoke, my bad

CB DAWSON 87 - 87

Havn't been playing, but I think it would be unfair if he lost his rating

CB/LB BASSONG 86 - 88

Playing great :D 88 w/o a doubt

LM/AM KRANJCAR 90 - 90

Kranjcar has done enough to keep his rating. (Unfortunately Keane seems to be preffered on the Left wing when modric is gone :mad:)

RM/AM BENTLEY 89 - 89

Done enough to keep his rating imo, could easily been 90 in another club

CM JENAS 89 - 89/88

May have a rating decrease as he have to fight with Thudd for the place

CM/DM PALACIOS 88 - 89

Doing great in the defensive parts of Tottenhams midlefield

CM/DM HUDDLESTONE 87 - 88

Stolen the place from Jenas

AM/LM MODRIC 91 - 91

Some of you would claim he'll have a decrease 'cause of the injury, imo that would be unfair.

Wing LENNON 89 - 90

Dangerous and fast!

Fwd KEANE 92 - 91

Imo he's rubbish, maybe the captainicy and his goals this season will prevent him from beeing a 90?

Fwd DEFOE 90 - 91

No more to say ;)

Fwd/AM GIOVANI 86 - 86

Not seen much of him (Maybe he should have a name change to DOS SANTOS, Giovani? as his kit sais Dos Santos this year)

Fwd DAWKINS 72 - 72

No idea who this is, never seen a pic or news about him on the homepage

CF PAVLYUCHENKO 91 - 90

No games = dropp. Some of you would suggest 89 but i think that would be extremly harsh

CF CROUCH 90 - 90

Playing good enough for a 90 when on the pitch imo

I know him doing this in the midle of a discussion' date=' butI decided to predict spurs' rating, feel free to comment. =)

[b']Dark green = Rise

Light green = May rise

Black = Stay

Orange = May drop

Red = Drop[/b]

GK GOMES 90 - 91/90

Has done some awesome saves lately and norwegian football "experts" have put him in the team of the week 2 times in 3 matches.

GK CUDICINI 88 - 88/87

Has done enough to keep his rating imo. Done some decent appearances while Gomes was injuried. Although the long-term injurie may be fatal for his rating

GK WALKER 78 - 78

No games, no rise

GK BUTTON 65 - 71/72

Done ok for Crewe

LB/LM BALE 87 - 86

Not getting a single game. Sad tbh cause I know he's got the talent

LB ASSOU-EKOTTO 87 - 88

Been looking good this year with a nice goal against Liverpool

RB/CB CORLUKA 91 - 91

Done enough to keep his rating, nothing more imo

RB HUTTON 88 - 88

Same as Corluka

RB/LB NAUGHTON 83 - 83/84

Got bigger chance of a stay than a rise. Played a lil bit in the League cup.

Maybe a pos change to RB/RM?

CB/DM KING 89 - 89

Injury prone (:mad:) but looking terrific when he's on the pitch. He'll keep his rating

CB WOODGATE 89 - 89/88

Not played a match due to injury. Looks like he's lost his place to Bassong (?)

CB DAWSON 87 - 87

Havn't been playing, but I think it would be unfair if he lost his rating

CB/LB BASSONG 86 - 88

Playing great :D 88 w/o a doubt

LM/AM KRANJCAR 90 - 90

Kranjcar has done enough to keep his rating. (Unfortunately Keane seems to be preffered on the Left wing when modric is gone :mad:)

RM/AM BENTLEY 89 - 89

Done enough to keep his rating imo, could easily been 90 in another club

CM JENAS 89 - 89/88

May have a rating decrease as he have to fight with Thudd for the place

CM/DM PALACIOS 88 - 89

Doing great in the defensive parts of Tottenhams midlefield

CM/DM HUDDLESTONE 87 - 88

Stolen the place from Jenas

AM/LM MODRIC 91 - 91

Some of you would claim he'll have a decrease 'cause of the injury, imo that would be unfair.

Wing LENNON 89 - 90

Dangerous and fast!

Fwd KEANE 92 - 91

Imo he's rubbish, maybe the captainicy and his goals this season will prevent him from beeing a 90?

Fwd DEFOE 90 - 91

No more to say ;)

Fwd/AM GIOVANI 86 - 86

Not seen much of him (Maybe he should have a name change to DOS SANTOS, Giovani? as his kit sais Dos Santos this year)

Fwd DAWKINS 72 - 72

No idea who this is, never seen a pic or news about him on the homepage

CF PAVLYUCHENKO 91 - 90

No games = dropp. Some of you would suggest 89 but i think that would be extremly harsh

CF CROUCH 90 - 90

Playing good enough for a 90 when on the pitch imo

I believe that Lennon should get a 91 rating, to match Modric and reflect the fact of his recent England performances.

Woodgate started against Stoke and was looking heroic until his injury, hopefully hell be fit again before the English changes and he can keep his 89.

I'm not a great fan off Jenas but with the injuries dealt to Modric and Lennon he should find that he has a place in Spurs XI and hence keep his rating.

Unlike most Spurs fans I am a Keane fan, he always gives 100%, has 120+ goals in 280+ appearances ain't bad, he is the all-time record goalscorer for the Irish national side, as well as the 10th highest goalscorer in Premier League history. As well as three time club player of the year... which begs the question why do spurs fans dislike him? Granted I don't think he is any good on the left of midfield. Obviously I'd be gutted if he dropped from 92.

Defoe definitely for 91, its just a shame he doesn't play well along side Keane, there is only space for one them at a time. And his Spurs record doesn't come close to Keane... still good for back up;)

Dos Santos should be a Lane legend and if he sticks around he still could be, same as Taarabt who is having a good season on loan. Likewise players like Jamie O'Hara, Jake Livermore, Jonathan Obika, Danny Rose and Dean Parrett are all performing well out on loan with the later two doing their stuff for England under 21's and 19's respectively.

DAWKINS?!?!? Er... yeah what a great player... any one know anything about the lad?

Unlike most Spurs fans I am a Keane fan' date=' he always gives 100%, has 120+ goals in 280+ appearances ain't bad, he is the all-time record goalscorer for the Irish national side, as well as the 10th highest goalscorer in Premier League history. As well as three time club player of the year... which begs the question why do spurs fans dislike him? Granted I don't think he is any good on the left of midfield. Obviously I'd be gutted if he dropped from 92.[/quote']

I think I speak for most of the spurs fans when I say that we love him for what he's done for the club. But right now I don't think he's good enough for the club

EDIT: googled dawkins, he was released in june

Good old Keane, if it weren't for former Arsenal stricker Henry, Ireland had the chance to go through.

Do you think Keane might get a positional change next ratings? For the number of games he has played left midfield either as replacement for Modric or when Harry is trying to jimmy Defoe, Crouch and Keane in to the same side.

Now that Cudicini is out' date=' are Spurs being linked with any goalies? Gomes needs some one to push him for his palce or we could see his form slump with out any good competition.[/quote']

We're being linked with a potential move for Ben Foster, 'rumour mill stuff' in the papers of course, but you never know init.