Emmanuel Adebayor

chelsea4eva

Emmanuel Adebayor  

1. 1.

Surely deserves a rating increase?? Can be known to be a prolific scorer and IMO is an important structure in the Arsenal team' date=' now with Van Persie out for quite some time. Thoughts?[/quote']

My thought would be for you to look at the search bar because a thread was made about him not too long ago asking for increase in rating! Please, in future, use the search bar, theres been enough said about using the search bar on here, there was a thread made on it only hours before you made this one! Don't take this the wrong way but please in future use the search tool! Thank you :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor

I agree,i have liked him since he joined but the big centre forward struggled to make much of an impact.This season he has shown flashes of real brilliance and im sure he's going to have a great season and if so...an increase is likely.He's got pace,power and judging by yesterdays performance a **** of a strike.91 for me.:D

His record to date (Games, (sub appearances), Goals):

2005/06 Arsenal 12 (1) 4

2006/07 Arsenal 21 (8) 8

2007/08 Arsenal 3 (0) 3

I think it would be hard to justify 91/92 on any of that. Has played half of Arsenal's games this season. So far so good, but with English ratings just done I think his rating is accurate at the moment. I also thought RVP and Eduardo were the first choice pairing up front, or will be.

Van Persie is a definite starter. Eduardo does start the odd game, but it's really Adebayor who is the first-choice partner for van Persie and it's easy to see why.

In the 5 games I have watched this season, van persie hasn't been anywhere near the form he had shown last season. Peripheral for large parts of the game, his poor touch lets him down when he does get the ball. I have seen many occasions when he is just pushed off the ball.

Eduardo is still trying to find his feet in the Permier League but hasn't really impressed me. In the times I have seen him play, he is also guilty of drifting out of the game.

Adebayor is definitely the best of the bunch so far this season. A good work rate, he always runs around be it to create space for himself and others or to try and win the ball back. Guilty of not taking his chances on some occasions, but is strong and tends to keep possession of the ball far more often than the above two, which is a pivotal part of Arsenal's game. His touch, as always, is not flashy but surprisingly good for someone of his frame. Of course, he is also very strong in the air and capable of pulling off good, sometimes even brilliant, goals.

He plays like a stick insect and I as an Arsenal fan don't really like him that much. Sometimes he can score cracking goals but other times he misses sitters and it's just frustrating. IMO if he continues playing like he is give him a 90 but if he doesn't then 89 is good enough. He's like a bad version of Drogba.

Waste of space as Arsenal. Can't do anything properly. Can't shoot' date=' can't score, can't assist, can't do anything a striker needs to do. Bench is his favorite position. 89 is too high![/quote']

I take it u didn't see Adebayor's goals against Tottenham 2nd best Arsenal player on the day and he is a 94 rated. I think he is a 90 rated player. He is not a great player but he does have many great skills and he showed that he can score, against Tottenham.

This guys still relatively young at 23, remember watching him at WC 2006, didn't really shine, but Togo were just outclassed every game, very difficult for him since he was a lone striker.

In the qualifying, he did really so much guide Togo to the finals, a very big prospect in African terms. I think he is a great player, with a lot to give.

His goal record isn't prolific, but his Kanu esq. style of play holds the ball up well for Arsenals attack to join him, giving the likes of RVP, Eduardo, Fabregas, Rosicky and Hleb much more time to get into the box.

Scored a great goal in their win at Old Trafford last season in a great performance, showing he can star against the big teams.

However, i think he needs to prove his worth in the CL, thats what makes a great player. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Waste of space as Arsenal. Can't do anything properly. Can't shoot' date=' can't score, can't assist, can't do anything a striker needs to do. Bench is his favorite position. 89 is too high![/quote']

And what are you on? I agree he cannot pass or assist. But he has made goals out of nothin! And I am a Spurs fan!

Question: Does Tom Owen watch football?

Answer: Clearly not! :P

And what are you on? I agree he cannot pass or assist. But he has made goals out of nothin! And I am a Spurs fan!

Question: Does Tom Owen watch football?

Answer: Clearly not! :P

I do but I wrote that before the match clatys. Clatys, you are a Spurs fan right? So who was the person to be sent off before Jimmy Greaves got sent off in 1963 wearing the Spurs jersey?

I said in most matches. Look at his record. Only like 10 goals in 40 matches' date=' not very impressive.[/quote']

You are counting last season! The point of an increase is how he is performing this season.

Babel is 89 also??? What has he done? Bellamy and Crouch 91! Pizarro 90! Adebayor deserves an increase if he keeps doing what he is doing.