RAGS TO RICHES - The Rise To Prominence

Matt72

ragstoriches.png

The Story

In this day and age when all the top leagues have this sense of predictability about them, the Premier League's top two being the Manchester clubs, La Liga being Barcelona and Real Madrid, Bundesliga being Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund and so on, a new dawn will eventually be upon us with this set up.

The Concept

Is a simple one, loosely based on a 5 Division English Championship (knowing how many of you out there like these set-ups), the idea will be to manage one of the worst 32 clubs from Division 4, Division 5, and incorporating some teams from Ireland and the lower leagues in Scotland so all teams are on a similar level regarding Squad value, rating and Stadium capacity while the top three Divisions will remain unmanaged. The worst 32 teams will be managed and the best 48 teams will be unmanaged. Thus making 5 Divisions of 16 teams.

Starting with original squads and a transfer budget of £10 million the aim is simple, to take your team from the lower leagues to Division 1, a difficult task in itself. However to be named the "Ultimate Manager" you will need to complete the following:

~ Win Division 1

~ Win the Domestic Cup

In the unlikely event that a manager wins one of the Domestic Cups outside of Division 1, this does count towards your trophy tally, as all other competitions can only be won in Division 1.

Please note as this is extremely important that you can only spend 2 million out of your budget every season for the first four seasons. So the rule is this:

~ Season 1- Spend anything you have over 8m.

(You start with 10m, so that gives you 2m for the season).

~ Season 2 - Spend anything you have above 6m.

~ Season 3 - Can spend anything you have above 4m.

~ Season 4 - Can spend anything you have above 2m.

~ Season 5 onwards can spend whatever funds you have.

Advanced Game World Rules

~ Economy Level - Normal Economy

~ Player Concerns - On

~ SMFA monitoring transfers - Off

~ Can only offer cash to clubs in deals - Off

~ No buying players from Unmanaged Clubs - Off

~ No buying players from External Clubs - Off

~ No buying players over the age of - Any

~ No buying players rated over - Any

~ Cannot do cash transfers over - Any

~ Transfer window ONE between Turn - Any and turn Any

~ Transfer Window TWO between Turn - Any and turn Any

~ Can only buy players with the same nationality as your club - No

~ Manager sacked if they finish in bottom - No Managers Sacked

~ Manager must login to this Game World at least every - 14 Days

There we have it, I am hoping that if you like a real challenge where not being a great manager is enough but a great tactician, strategist and scout as well as being able to run a club on a financial shoe string will be of great importance, with a definitive goal which is to be the best then this set up will appeal to you.

There can only be one winner, so if you think you have what it takes then please express your interest.

Re: FROM RAGS TO RICHES - A Rise To Prominence

I'm definetly in.I believe it would be better if you give to us arround 4-5m to spend instead of 2 :P

Glad to have you on board Raz' date=' thing is I don't really want to make it that easy, the more difficult the better, the aim is longevity and the fact there will only be one winner there is something to aim for, however when more people join mate we will see what others opinions are about the wage budget and take it from there.[/color']

I'm in' date=' 3-4 mill may be better. Simply because there are only so many 74 and under players to buy a whole squad with, well those with any talent anyways :P[/quote']

Good to have you in Will, I was thinking this is where people scouting for players will come in, using the right sites you may well unearth yourself a gem.

I am prepared to up the transfer budget if it is what the majority want.

Yeah I'm in.

Love the format.

48 clubs is a bit too much though for the longetivity of the setup.

After going through some sample size, I've noticed most of the good ones that last in today's SM are with 20 clubs or less.

Yeah I'm in.

Love the format.

48 clubs is a bit too much though for the longetivity of the setup.

After going through some sample size' date=' I've noticed most of the good ones that last in today's SM are with 20 clubs or less.[/quote']

Nice to have you in mate, the beauty of it is it really does not matter if I get 48 and people drop out, it does not make the set up any easier, managers are still going to have a long hard struggle to the top.

You are right though I will keep an eye on the interest this generates and then decide what is the best way forward accordingly.

I just think due to so many people liking English Championships that I should be able to drum up plenty of interest.

Nice to have you in mate' date=' the beauty of it is it really does not matter if I get 48 and people drop out, it does not make the set up any easier, managers are still going to have a long hard struggle to the top.

You are right though I will keep an eye on the interest this generates and then decide what is the best way forward accordingly.

I just think due to so many people liking English Championships that I should be able to drum up plenty of interest.[/color']

Well sure, but a certain level of appreciation for the setup is heightened if it's with a tighter-knit group that stays. People also like being in full or near full setups.

Perhaps 30 then?

Well sure' date=' but a certain level of appreciation for the setup is heightened if it's with a tighter-knit group that stays. People also like being in full or near full setups.

Perhaps 30 then?[/quote']

Not sure how 30 would work as in any EC I am sure all leagues have 24 teams apart from Div 1.

It is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place as I believe 24 is comfortably achievable which may well leave a huge interest list waiting for an opportunity if I were to go with just one league.

I do not envisage a problem if I get the right managers in who are trustworthy. However it would make sense to make all the leagues 20 teams, as in a custom set ups all leagues have to have the same amount of teams.

I like the concept, i like the longetivity it offers, but on the other hand of longetivity, i don't really like these seasons that last 3 months... i'd like it better if it had less teams per division... also it will be hard to find and keep 48 managers indeed. (also i'd like transfers anytime, especially now that we're looking for talents).

Put my name on the interest list for now mate

I like the concept' date=' i like the longetivity it offers, but on the other hand of longetivity, i don't really like these seasons that last 3 months... i'd like it better if it had less teams per division... also it will be hard to find and keep 48 managers indeed. (also i'd like transfers anytime, especially now that we're looking for talents).

Put my name on the interest list for now mate[/quote']

Transfers will be at any time, I was thinking maybe when teams get to the stage whereby they are challenging for honours then maybe transfer windows could be activated. Again it is just a suggestion.

Yes it does seem that many prefer shorter league format, yet I really do not want it to short. So if you or anyone else has a preferred amount of teams per league then I am more than happy to change to accommodate peoples preference.

Anyone who is in or has been in any of my set ups willl know I try to give what people want, if the only concern is the size of the leagues then I am more than happy to work with the managers on what is best.

Thanks for the invite mate I'm in. Happy with 2m as the budget just adds to the challenge. Only thing I think could be changed is the rule where if you win the cup yet not in div 1 I reckon it should count. Once we hit div 2/3 our teams will be decent and we'll be up against a load of unmanaged teams so I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody pulled it off. Other than that seems like a good idea to me.:D

Thanks for the invite mate I'm in. Happy with 2m as the budget just adds to the challenge. Only thing I think could be changed is the rule where if you win the cup yet not in div 1 I reckon it should count. Once we hit div 2/3 our teams will be decent and we'll be up against a load of unmanaged teams so I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody pulled it off. Other than that seems like a good idea to me.:D
I always like to join long-term project. Count me in!

Thanks for your interest lads. I am curious to know what you think regarding league size?

I will discuss this further with more experienced GW creators who may well be able to give me a list of options options regarding league size as I am not sure the range available below 20 and above 12.

Whatever is decided I believe the worst selection of teams be chosen for the bottom two leagues and the best selection of teams be chosen for the three unmanaged leagues.

For example if the leagues had 16 teams' date=' the 24 division 5 sides would be used plus the worst 8 teams from division 4. For the top three tiers the the top 48 teams would be chosen. I also think if the leagues are smaller then the transfer budget should be smaller. [/font']

Thanks for your interest lads. I am curious to know what you think regarding league size?

I will discuss this further with more experienced GW creators who may well be able to give me a list of options options regarding league size as I am not sure the range available below 20 and above 12.

Whatever is decided I believe the worst selection of teams be chosen for the bottom two leagues and the best selection of teams be chosen for the three unmanaged leagues.

For example if the leagues had 16 teams' date=' the 24 division 5 sides would be used plus the worst 8 teams from division 4. For the top three tiers the the top 48 teams would be chosen. I also think if the leagues are smaller then the transfer budget should be smaller. [/font']

The main concern is...

How many managers are going to stay committed?

I doubt 48 will.

So 16 teams per league is probably better.

The main concern is...

How many managers are going to stay committed?

I doubt 48 will.

So 16 teams per league is probably better.

I agree mate' date=' 16 does seem like a decent size, not to many where the seasons are extremely long yet not to short whereby the set up is over before it starts. I do think if the leagues are much smaller then to maintain the difficulty level then a 2 million budget is fitting. [/color']

Yeah I'm up for it Matt' date=' cheers[/quote']

Nice to have you in Ozzy. If you have any suggestions on transfer budget and size of the leagues it is more than welcome. The more opinions bounced around the better the chance of getting things right.