Amendments to the position system

With the new the player positional changes meaning more players can play in many positions I think its about time we used a new system to dictate how comfortable they are in that position like they do on Football Manager. For example, Fabregas has just been given the CF position when he clearly isnt as good there. I would suggest he is given a green rating for the CM position and a yellow for the CF position showing that he can play there but wont be as effective. This would make the game a lot more realistic imo.

player_positions.png

I would appreciate some feedback on my suggestion. :)

Re: Amendments to the position system

With the new the player positional changes meaning more players can play in many positions I think its about time we used a new system to dictate how comfortable they are in that position like they do on Football Manager. For example' date=' Fabregas has just been given the CF position when he clearly isnt as good there. I would suggest he is given a green rating for the CM position and a yellow for the CF position showing that he can play there but wont be as effective. This would make the game a lot more realistic imo.

[img']http://www.sega.com/images/manual/fm11/eng/player_positions.png[/img]

I would appreciate some feedback on my suggestion. :)

yeah this keeps cropping up, its all well and good but its another thing writing the code for it to actually work in game & to be effective in the match engine...

however i agree it is a good solution, the basic red yellow green for positions could be tweaked to have the 'secondary'position

however i think in a players profile you therefore need a column for main positions (100% effective) & secondary positions (75-80% effective)

therefore 'yellow' could be 40-50%, red 10% effective.

;2540286']yeah this keeps cropping up' date=' its all well and good but its another thing writing the code for it to actually work in game & to be effective in the match engine...

however i agree it is a good solution, the basic red yellow green for positions could be tweaked to have the 'secondary'position

however i think in a players profile you therefore need a column for main positions (100% effective) & secondary positions (75-80% effective)

therefore 'yellow' could be 40-50%, red 10% effective.[/quote']

I genuinely think SM might have something like this up there sleeve considering the amount of positions players are getting lately. Only time will tell but I'd definitely appreciate the change. Dont think its vital though tbf

I genuinely think SM might have something like this up there sleeve considering the amount of positions players are getting lately. Only time will tell but I'd definitely appreciate the change. Dont think its vital though tbf

i'd highly doubt it B)

Don't think it's vital either, or even necessary

if fabreagas gets the poisisition of CF then it's because he plays in that role for them' date=' if he also rated 95 he's 95 for a reason, forcing him to have a degrade in that CF posisition on SM wouldn't be realistic IMO[/quote']

eh? He became a 95 playing amazing as a CM, he's clearly not a 95 quality CF and nowhere near as effective as a Falcao, Suarez, Van Persie etc in that position. he just fills in there and does an ok job. Therefore I think a green, yellow, red indicator would show how comfortable they are in that position and therefore how it will affect their performance in playing there. I dont really see how you cant understand that to be honest.

This should be at the top of the to-do list for the SM Devs. The introduction of 'Primary' and 'Secondary' positions for players. No player is as good in more than 2 primary positions max. and any other position he can play in gets to be secondary. This can be reflected either by the green/yellow dots like this thread suggests or by reducing a player's rating by -1 or -2 on the tactics page if used in a secondary position.

It comes down to this:

Fabregas the forward is not as good as Fabregas the midfielder!