Forum closing for a month

SM have recently improved the new support system, and the new system which is in place is more efficient and easier to use for all involved. Every member of SM should now use the new system within the site to contact support instead of using the old email address of support@soccermanager.com.

Where do I find the new support system? The support facility is now intergrated into the main site, and members will not be required to email us direct from their personal email address. The new support system is located in the ‘Help’ section which is available on the top right of all pages within the site.

What is different with the new system compared to the old one? The old system required all members to contact SM direct for their own personal email address. With the new system intergrated within the site you do not even have to log out of the site to contact us. The new support system also contains several categories which we advise all members to read prior to contacting support.

What are the different categories within the new support system? There are five main categories within the new support system: “How To Play Guide”, “FAQ”, “Cheat FAQ”, “Write us a message via support”, and “Top 5 Questions”. Again we advise all members to read the various guides prior to contacting us via “Write us a message via support”.

Which category of the new support system do I use? It all depends what your query or problem is in relation to what section you need to use. If you are new to the game we suggest that you read the “How To Play Guide” or “FAQ”, if you are having problems with cheats within your setup we suggest you read the “Cheat FAQ” etc as the various sections should contain information in relation to what you are looking for. If you still can not find what you are looking for the we suggest you contact us via “Write us a message via support”.

How does the “Write us a message via support” work? If you still can not find what you are looking for within the various categories, you are welcome to contact us directly via “Write us a message via support”. You will then be taken to a new screen which will create a support ticket once the various fields of information have been complete. You will be asked to select a sub category in relation to your query, and also asked to submit a relevant title in relation to the query.

Once you have selected a sub category in relation to your query and chosen a relevant title, you will have the option of writing free text to explain in full detail your query/problem. Please note that you need to include full detail when submitting your message. Once you have submitted your query/problem you will be issued with a ticket in relation to this, and then a member of staff at SM will look into it on your behalf.

If we require any further information, answer your query or resolve your problem, we will respond direct to you via the ‘Help’ section of the site. Once we have replied to your ticket you will receive an email informing you that we have responded. Depending on our response will depend on your next step. If we require further information you will be required to respond so we can further investigate, if we answer your query successfully or resolve your problem you can then ‘Close’ the ticket.

There will also be a record within your own ‘Help’ section of all the tickets you have submitted to support and we will also keep records on our database.

We hope that this new support system will be easy for all of our members to use, and we will try and reply to any quries/problems as soon as possible.

(Well what a relief it looks like the Forum is not closing ,fancy a vast ammount of members not looking at the great facility S/M have with the Blog section as above keeping all us members fully updated on whats going on,also fancy a vast ammount of members even not seeing on the forum S/M putting up stickys etc for us all to see on the new changes ,

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14637 )

So please no more telling members to use the old e-mail system unless its Bobo :D

Re: Forum closing for a month

Yep - As Alan says...

What are we meant to do now when people tell us of a bug? It used to be nice and easy... 'e-mail support'... now it's what, 'send a ticket to support' ?!?! lol, it's quite cool tbh :) Love the whole Help thing. John is very kind and talkative - I doubt I'm using it for the right purpose though... I'm more or less building up an MSN chat window with John! Lmao :D :D

Oi, don't abuse the new system - I'm joking... dont go trying it!

By the way, thanks for adding this new feature - it's pretty awesome.

I must have missed something... what is the whole forum closing for a month thing? Did someone suggest it was going!??! :confused:

What I would like to know is what happens to people's existing queries, ie the ones they made long ago that have not yet been answered either by email, or by the Bug Reporting thread which used to auto-email SM?

I must have missed something... what is the whole forum closing for a month thing? Did someone suggest it was going!??! :confused:

What I would like to know is what happens to people's existing queries' date=' ie the ones they made long ago that have not yet been answered either by email, or by the Bug Reporting thread which used to auto-email SM?[/quote']

I think he just wanted to get everyones attention so that no one ignores it :o

What I would like to know is what happens to people's existing queries' date=' ie the ones they made long ago that have not yet been answered either by email, or by the Bug Reporting thread which used to auto-email SM?[/quote']

I agree that it would be good and professional if the e-mails would be read before the current tickets, however there is no problem in sending the messages again, as this way it is MUCH easier and much less time consuming, so will only take a few mins. However, if this is the case (that the customers/players should send the message again) SM should make a notice advising all.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Emails which have been sent to support will still be replied to and that applies to any emails which we receive even with the new section up and running in 'Help' on the main site.

No emails from the Bug section of the forum will be sent to anyone via email. The section is solely for discussing potential bugs and asking if anyone can help resolve the potential problem.

Any potential bugs which have been flagged up recently in the Bug section of the forum are still in a que waiting to be resolved.

Emails which have been sent to support will still be replied to and that applies to any emails which we receive even with the new section up and running in 'Help' on the main site.

No emails from the Bug section of the forum will be sent to anyone via email. The section is solely for discussing potential bugs and asking if anyone can help resolve the potential problem.

Any potential bugs which have been flagged up recently in the Bug section of the forum are still in a que waiting to be resolved.

You mean queue don't you? ;)

Does this mean less time from the SM Devs on the forum?:o:(

Although I appreciate you trying to get everyone's attention Mr Neller, DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!! lol, when I saw the thread title, it was like one of those scenes from the action movies, where the bomb is about to go off and everything is in slow motion while the guy jumps for cover and in that slow deep voice "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" :eek:

Thought I would have had to work at work for a second!! :D

As for the support thing, good there's an integrated system in place, hope I never have to use it tbh, but nice to know they are trying to make our way of contacting them that bit easier. Full credit to the dev's, I know we don't always agree with them but they have been very ambitious with the improvements/developments of the site and imo the ones implemented up to now have been spot on and make the whole experience more enjoyable. Keep up the good work.