Sign in to follow this  
footballmad

English Championship 302 - Has It Happens

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 302 - HAS IT HAPPENS

This newspaper is for any news/transfers and updates for members of English Championship 302

Issue 1

Norwich looking to get back top spot.

Norwich have been top twice this year and both times failed to keep it manager Footballcrazy said ‘I hope we can get 1st place back sooner than later’ he also added ‘We have the team to do so and Larsson and Earnshaw is a very good strike force all we have to do is play well score the goals and defend well.’

_42297312_earnshawb270.jpg

Earnshaw After Scoring For Norwich

Norwich have a selection of hard games coming up first they play Derby away, then the local derby Ipswich Town at home. Then the cup round 2 against Premiership side Sunderland away back to the league with Sheffield Wednesday away and Southampton at home.

Stoke Manager Tells Fans Not To Worry

Stoke's manager Gavin Carr tells fans not to worry about their poor start to the season, when asked about it he said 'I think we havn't started the league as well as we hoped, but theres been 7 games in and theres still along way to go'. He also suggested that he was looking for new players by saying 'If we bring the right players that will fit in the gaps by christmas, then we may finish in the top half'. He also says that Fernando Morientes and Kris Boyd as is two most valuable players with them scoring 6 goals between them.

Stoke lost 4-1 in the English Cup the other day but Gavin Carr said it gives him more time to work on getting a better league postion. He says 'losing 4-1 in the cup against a leicester side that are 6th in our league and have world class players like there goalkeeper andres palop, also they have juan valeron he's a great midfield player and has fitted in the leicester team very quickly. so losing to a great team like leicester doesn't bother me. now we'll have to concentrate on staying out of the relegation zone.

Results - Wed 19 Sep 2007

Division 1

Chelsea 1 - 2 Middlesbrough

Leeds United 0 - 3 Aston Villa

Manchester City 2 - 0 West Ham

Portsmouth 4 - 4 Blackburn Rovers

Sunderland 0 - 2 Fulham

Sheffield United 1 - 3 Liverpool

Charlton Athletic 1 - 1 Manchester United

Arsenal 2 - 0 Everton

Bolton Wanderers 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

Leicester City 1 - 2 Newcastle United

Division 2

Luton Town 1 - 1 Coventry City

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 1 Crystal Palace

Stoke City 0 - 2 Burnley

Preston North End 4 - 0 Barnsley

Cardiff City 1 - 1 West Bromwich Albion

Ipswich Town 0 - 1 Watford

Southend United 5 - 1 Wigan Athletic

Plymouth Argyle 1 - 5 Southampton

Reading 3 - 1 Millwall

Derby County 0 - 2 Norwich City

Division 3

Crewe Alexandra 0 - 1 Darlington

Blackpool 1 - 2 Hull City

Oldham Athletic 1 - 1 Bradford City

Huddersfield Town 2 - 1 Leyton Orient

Queens Park Rangers 2 - 0 Colchester United

Cheltenham Town 0 - 2 Brighton and Hove Albion

Swansea City 2 - 2 Walsall

Northampton Town 0 - 1 Bristol City

Brentford 3 - 1 Birmingham City

Nottingham Forest 0 - 2 Wolves

Division 4

Doncaster Rovers 4 - 1 Hartlepool United

Grimsby Town 0 - 3 Port Vale

Gillingham 1 - 4 Shorpe United

Wrexham 2 - 1 Wycombe Wanderers

Carlisle United 1 - 2 Chesterfield

Bournemouth 1 - 2 Lincoln City

Milton Keynes Dons 1 - 0 Boston United

Yeovil Town 1 - 0 Bristol Rovers

Accrington Stanley 0 - 3 Peterborough United

Tranmere Rovers 1 - 2 Rotherham United

English Cup Fixtures - Games Will Be Played 24 Sep

Walsall - Barnsley

Liverpool - Gillingham

Manchester United - Crystal Palace

Sheffield Wednesday - Milton Keynes Dons

Leyton Orient - Carlisle United

Tottenham Hotspur - Luton Town

Charlton Athletic - Everton

Portsmouth - Rotherham United

Preston North End - Watford

Hull City - Coventry City

Nottingham Forest - Wolves

Chesterfield - Oldham Athletic

Bournemouth - Peterborough United

Port Vale - Queens Park Rangers

Arsenal - Bradford City

Brighton and Hove Albion - Leicester City

Reading - Yeovil Town

Bristol City - Fulham

Birmingham City - Chelsea

Burnley - Crewe Alexandra

Wigan Athletic - Derby County

Brentford - Grimsby Town

Wycombe Wanderers - Northampton Town

Wrexham - Shorpe United

Ipswich Town - Accrington Stanley

Sunderland - Norwich City

Bolton Wanderers - Bristol Rovers

Huddersfield Town - Sheffield United

Swansea City - Doncaster Rovers

Plymouth Argyle - Leeds United

Southampton - Manchester City

Cardiff City - Middlesbrough

Norwich Manager Clearing Out Players

The Norwich Manager Footballcrazy has put a handful of players that he says 'Don't fit in his long term plans' The players that have been placed on the transfer list are

Che BUNCE who arrived for 200K

Martinez SERGIO RODRÍGUEZ who arrived for 1.5m

Also Footballcrazy has put a few of the spare players that don't get many games on the loan list with Chadwick already out on loan to Watford and has played 1 game for them and Bennett who is on loan to Crystal Palace but yet play.

Crystal Palace Put Freedman On The Transfer List

Crystal Palace manager Nic Potter has put Dougie Freedman up for sale after not proving himself to the manager and Nic Potter said 'he does not feature in my long term plans'.

freedman203_203x152.jpg

Freedman has only played 1 game under Potter's managerment and had a rating on 3 and recived a yellow card he did not say how much he was looking for him he is valued at £865k. He finshed the interview saying that if they carry on playing aswell as they are Nic Potter is very confident with promotion he praised the team up and said 'The players have all been outstanding and I believe that we can gain promotion if we perform to our potential each game' and added that 'kishishev is my most valuable player. He has been doing everything, scored 2 goals, he controls play from the centre of midfield a great assest' He also said that he is looking to buy 'Valencia from wigan and am searching for a good striker, mokoena is also a target' Valencia has played 7 games this season and got 1 goal.

Freedman's agent said that 'he is disappointed with being placed on the transfer list and not making a impact on the team but is looking forward to a new challenge'.

So far no one has shown interest in buying him.

Re: English Championship 302 - Has It Happens

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to write in this thread.

I'm the Sheffield Weds manager. After taking over the team last season when they were second from bottom, and winning them the league in the same season. Now I have been promoted to div 2 in my second season and are still in both cups although it is still early in the season. Bought a few good youngsters, loaned some players where i was weak, and are now 2nd in the league and have had a great start to the season. Just beat Norwich 2-1 who were 2nd and have now swapped positions with them. So its all looking good and hopefully my good form will continue. Come on you owls. ;)

Re: English Championship 302 - Has It Happens

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to write in this thread.

I'm the Sheffield Weds manager. After taking over the team last season when they were second from bottom' date=' and winning them the league in the same season. Now I have been promoted to div 2 in my second season and are still in both cups although it is still early in the season. Bought a few good youngsters, loaned some players where i was weak, and are now 2nd in the league and have had a great start to the season. Just beat Norwich 2-1 who were 2nd and have now swapped positions with them. So its all looking good and hopefully my good form will continue. Come on you owls. ;)[/quote']

What you wrote is fine, you use this page also for saying what players are on transfer, players you are after you can do match reports etc aswell.