* Match engine improvements

* A better Help and FAQ system

* A better facility to send SM your suggestions

* Spanish league setups

* Gold Super Cup: (SMFA Cup v SMFA Shield Winners)

* Charity Shield: (League v Cup winners)

* On holiday button

* Head to Head (H2H)

* Pre match analysis

* Improved club finances

* Transfer window option (custom setups)

* Add notes to player about availability

* Stadium building

* Calendar feature, showing all games

* More substitution options

* Employ club staff

* Assistant manager

* Swap clubs between accounts utility

* Rate and review a custom setup

* Switch chairman off option (custom setups)

* SM playable from mobile phones

* Manage national teams

* Give your SM profile a URL

* Rate My Squad feature

* Add videos to your SM profiles

* Manager trophy cabinet

* Display last 6 private messages between managers

* Improved newspaper with media interviews

* League tables of all past seasons

* League position graphs

* Promotion play-offs

* Advanced tactics

I have copied and pasted this off the SM improvements page and cant wait for them to happen.

There are a few things I wasnt expecting, like manage national teams,club staff and assistan manager, H2H and stadium building (I didnt think people liked this)

But I do like them. They are great, and when finished, SM would have reached there mission - to become the best soccer managent game online, (it already is, but this would leave the others way behind)

Re: Coming Soon!

Yeah, great improvements,

I like the stadium building idea, helps alot of the smaller teams.

Nice work SM,

I know they are/will be the best online soccer management game, but there is always room for more improvements..

We have to wait quite a while for all the improvements to be implemented... But that's not possible, because there is always an idea being worked on;)

Well done & Thanks to the SM lads:)

PS Mondi, There is a thread about the new improvements, not like you to create a duplicate:confused:

Yeah' date=' great improvements,

I like the stadium building idea, helps alot of the smaller teams.

Nice work SM,

I know they are/will be the best online soccer management game, but there is always room for more improvements..

We have to wait quite a while for all the improvements to be implemented... But that's not possible, because there is always an idea being worked on;)

Well done & Thanks to the SM lads:)

PS Mondi, There is a thread about the new improvements, not like you to create a duplicate:confused:[/quote']

Yeh I know, I just didnt know that they had included this bit.

Sorry, I knew about that thread, I just wanted to make one about these.

Note to self - Use the search bar and actually CHECK when making a thread :mad:

Coming Soon!

M Improvements & New Features

All the features below will be worked upon over the next few months.

Visit our forum to debate and discuss these features with other members!

Any idea or feature you have to improve SM, please submit it to SM Suggestions.

Coming Soon!

* A better Help and FAQ system

* Spanish league setups

* Gold Super Cup: (SMFA Cup v SMFA Shield Winners)

* Charity Shield: (League v Cup winners)

* On holiday button

* Head to Head (H2H)

* Pre match analysis

* Improved club finances

* Transfer window option (custom setups)

* Add notes to player about availability

* Stadium building

* Calendar feature, showing all games

* More substitution options

* Employ club staff

* Assistant manager

* Swap clubs between accounts utility

* Rate and review a custom setup

* Switch chairman off option (custom setups)

* Manage national teams

* Give your SM profile a URL

* Rate My Squad feature

* Add videos to your SM profiles

* Manager trophy cabinet

* Display last 6 private messages between managers

* Improved newspaper with media interviews

* League tables of all past seasons

* League position graphs

* Promotion play-offs

* Advanced tactics

These are all ideas which have been not wanted by a majority of people on and off the forum so why have they come to the decision to use them ?

Merged the threads, I hope nobody minds. :D

I agree the ones in bold are controversial. SM reacted favourably when I asked that they interact more with us about upcoming ideas - I am curious as to when this will be happening as I really think they need their players input into these areas.

I think employing staff is awful, assistant manager we need to know more, and stadiums are long overdue but only if done the right way - and what SM have suggested doing with stadiums in the past sounded horrific to me, but they disappeared once questioned about it....

The forum is one of the few places where you can have deja vu and then realise it actually did happen: SM, when are you going to start asking customers directly for feedback and telling us DETAIL of the ideas to come so we can discuss it, rather than just let us hypothesise, rot, and waste everyone's time with our potentially irrelevant discussion?

I am bored endlessly asking questions like this. Why do I seem to make more of an effort to link customer to SM than SM themselves do!?!?!?!?!?!? I am sure lots goes on behind the scenes I do not know about, and I don't deserve anything more than any other player, but all I want SM to do is share a bit more with us about their thought processes and discussions, and bring us into these more.

Re: Check this out

Sorry mate' date=' got you mixed up with Mondi_27

Anyhow, there's the link which Mondi created. Almost identical if you tell me

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14670[/url]

Yeah they are identical shame u don't know who, who is maybe u would be a much nicer person if u used your brain before your mouth. :D

Nah only joking Sparky. :)

Merged the threads' date=' I hope nobody minds. :D

I agree the ones in bold are controversial. SM reacted favourably when I asked that they interact more with us about upcoming ideas - I am curious as to when this will be happening as I really think they need their players input into these areas.

I think employing staff is awful, assistant manager we need to know more, and stadiums are long overdue but only if done the right way - and what SM have suggested doing with stadiums in the past sounded horrific to me, but they disappeared once questioned about it....

The forum is one of the few places where you can have deja vu and then realise it actually did happen: SM, when are you going to start asking customers directly for feedback and telling us DETAIL of the ideas to come so we can discuss it, rather than just let us hypothesise, rot, and waste everyone's time with our potentially irrelevant discussion?

I am bored endlessly asking questions like this. Why do I seem to make more of an effort to link customer to SM than SM themselves do!?!?!?!?!?!?[/quote']

Amen to that!!!:D (Joke)

But some of the suggestions that are mentioned haven't been discussed on the forum.

I would like to know what the "Extra Staff" would do, Pick teams for you? tell you who to buy?

Stadium building was a big no from me as I think stadium capacity should change when a team changes their ground in real life. But it will help the smaller teams who are finding it difficult to survive.

Yeah some have been never come up on forum (suggesting they don't have huge demand) yet other ideas (which do have huge demand) are excluded, many of which would be very simple to implement.

Some of the ideas would be harmless, like a trophy cabinet, but things like staff, stadiums etc, that are going to have a big impact on gameplay, surely need to be discussed....?

Yeah some have been never come up on forum (suggesting they don't have huge demand) yet other ideas (which do have huge demand) are excluded' date=' many of which would be very simple to implement.

Some of the ideas would be harmless, like a trophy cabinet, but things like staff, stadiums etc, that are going to have a big impact on gameplay, surely need to be discussed....?[/quote']

I think it has already been discussed, but do you think turning chairman off would be a good idea?

This will be an advantage to the "cheats" in custom setup who would just buy & sell players for a ridiculous amount of money. Especially when a custom setup is public to everyone else. they could just be bidding "Undisclosed offers" which no one will be able to see.

Good idea?

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Yeah some have been never come up on forum (suggesting they don't have huge demand)

There are many people who get in touch with SM either in person or via email with suggestions to improve the game. I have numerous friends/family/work colleagues in some of the first setups on SM who have been playing since Aug 2005' date=' and they give me feedback all the time. The same can be said in relation to the other Devs and staff which we employ.

Some of the ideas would be harmless, like a trophy cabinet, but things like staff, stadiums etc, that are going to have a big impact on gameplay, surely need to be discussed....?

Some of the future improvements will require liaison with our customers during the planning stage, and an example of this can be seen in the new 24/7 media. However other improvements will require no liaison for obvious reasons.

I think it has already been discussed' date=' but do you think turning chairman off would be a good idea?

This will be an advantage to the "cheats" in custom setup who would just buy & sell players for a ridiculous amount of money. Especially when a custom setup is public to everyone else. they could just be bidding "Undisclosed offers" which no one will be able to see.

Good idea?[/quote']

There is demand for an option to turn the Chairman on/off within the game. Whilst this is not practicable for SM owned setups, we thought we would allow owners of Custom Setups the option to have this.

If you look at the list of future improvements one of them is 'Rate Custom Setup'. If ANY manager decided to play god within his setup, then this will only have an impact on his setup rating. This in turn would put (or should do) people off from joining his setup.

* Employ club staff

* Assistant manager

These are all ideas which have been not wanted by a majority of people on and off the forum so why have they come to the decision to use them ?

Can I ask how you know that people have not asked for the ones you highlighted in your post? Like I mentioned above there are other ways for people to communicate their ideas other than the forum.

The latter idea 'SM playable from mobile phones' will be developed due to technology advances and to keep up with the gaming market. Also if you go back far enough in this section of the forum you will find that there are a few threads mentioning this idea.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

If anyone is aware of how 'Project Management' works they will be aware of the process required for ANY project (four main stages).

The first stage is the ideas phase which we have completed from meetings, threads on the forum, emails, face to face discussion with members etc.

Each of the new improvements will go through a planning stage, and some of the ideas will require liaison with our members and others will not. If ANY of the ideas require liaison then we will put a relevant thread within the SM Forum, a post on the SM Blog, possibly a poll within the main site etc.

The next stage is the development stage and this may or may not require liaison with members. It might be the case that we ask certain people to test something behind the scenes or then again this might not be the case.

The last stage is the end product. If it is a major improvement we may ask for feedback from our members. Then we can act on any necessary adjustments which may be required (like we did with the transfer threshold improvement).

Merged the threads' date=' I hope nobody minds. :D

I am bored endlessly asking questions like this. Why do I seem to make more of an effort to link customer to SM than SM themselves do!?!?!?!?!?!? I am sure lots goes on behind the scenes I do not know about, and I don't deserve anything more than any other player, but all I want SM to do is share a bit more with us about their thought processes and discussions, and bring us into these more.[/quote']

I completely agree Teb! What is the point in employing staff? I think that is the worst idea I have heard suggested on the game! What purpose would they bring to the game? They will unnesccessarily eat up wages and have no effect on your players due to ratings being down to real life experiences and form.

I think there are others on the list that have raised a few eyebrows and I will discuss them in due course. I would just like to mention the thing Teb says about customer interaction.

WHAT ARE SM PLAYING AT??????

It seems to me they answer a few questions and make an apology just to shut people up on the forum as it was getting very negative and didn't look good on them to any guests or newbies. Then once that is done they completely ignore us again and go back to the same old ways! Why was the transfer rulkes changes with no notification??? Seems to me they are not interested in interacting with customers at all with any negative issues or issues they have to explain themselves!

I completely agree Teb! What is the point in employing staff? I think that is the worst idea I have heard suggested on the game! What purpose would they bring to the game? They will unnesccessarily eat up wages and have no effect on your players due to ratings being down to real life experiences and form.

Thin employing staff may increase players fitness level etc. You may have a defense coach, a midfield coach and an attack coach. They might also tell what players to buy or help with formations... That's what I think anyway.

The ratings may depend on real life, but the players play different on the game. The staff may make the players performances better, not the rating....

Like I said, my idea of what i think it is:)

Hi,

Just to clarify. The improvements listed, especially ones that will be complex to get working correctly without ruining the game, eg stadium building, will be discussed in great detail in the forum and any other means we can use. An example is the improvements to the newspaper discusion which is currently going on. If we really cannot make it work, or theres a big demand to not have it, as with any other thing on the list, then it will not go in. We have no intention of making the game worse at the end of the day. The ideas have come from various sources, including the forum and also there is also a link on the impovements page, encouraning people to come and discuss these changes in the forum.

We plan to 'sit down' with mods monthly or bi-monthly to get better feedback on the mood of the forum and chat, there is an SM Info page on the my-home section. There is a new support system in place that enables us to handle bugs and other issues faster, and without losing them in a black hole. We have just put an improved sugestions system in where we can read, categorise and organize them at our end, without losing any ideas. An improvements page with things that are in the pipeline but need discussion, the page encourages this discussion in the forum, it lists what has currently changed so people are not supprised with things working differently, we are working on an improved help and faq section.

Actually, all these where based on feedback in the forum itself. We are not trying to 'shut people up', in fact we are busy working on ways to channel more ideas and feedback to us, whilst informaing people whats going on, and encourging discussion.

Apart from direct phone line that thousands would call daily, with customer support people on one end, sat next to devs making everyones ideas that they want going in asap ;), If there is any other practical ways we can improve communication in addition to stated above please let us know! We were thinking the Mod 'sit down' would be a cut down managable version of this.

I am unaware of any recent transfer changes, unless its a reference to a change two months back? The new things mentioned above are all about preventing that unfortunate incident happening again. The new systems mentioned above are intended to improve communications, so please clarify whats making it appear like we are wanting to ignore people/members. If you please let us know what new comms channel we are making thats giving out this impression, then as always we can look into it.

Going back on thread topic, the ideas are all up for discussion and will be discussed, unless there so obvoius about going in, as SM Ste (Dev) mentioned. The list is there to help communcation as to what we are thinking to put in based on suggestions, and to start off discussions.