Re: Coming Soon!

That's a good post, Andy.

I am pleased to hear SM plan to discuss more complex issues with us prior to implementing them. Historically this has not been the case, at least not in my experience, so I will be pleased to see it happen.

I think what frustrates people, like me, is that we see lots of ideas being begged for by every forumer and their dog, that never see the light of day (and are not complex) and yet we see a list of planned improvements from SM that to me at least are largely unspoke of on the forum. I have no doubt the suggestions are genuine customer ones but it is the imbalance between demand and SM plans that I think winds people up a little.

I hope the new features in place to improve comms etc will be a success, they all sound good and I don't have time to think up more just now as Spurs have just kicked off. I hope the promised ideas not yet implemented happen soon as sometimes it feels like they only get touted when we moan, almost to pacify us it sometimes feels.

I think the changed transfer system that some are referring to is the fact that free agents/low priced players (namely Krkic, in WC2 for instance) are going for tens of millions of pounds...? I don't think this is a change myself but do think it needs addressing.People have asked this question on threads that SM devs have read and responded on, but not answered, which tends to annoy people.

That reminds me, Sm's solution to the problem of people last minute bidding, which I won't labour over here, has never been on any list I have seen, is presumably a knee-jerk reaction to one player, Krkic, being added and all the resulting complaints (i dont mind that - it has highlighted a problem many have complained about for so long) but I don't recall discussion with SM over this solution? I do recall my suggestion being ignored. I am not saying mine is the best, I quite liked SM's, but I am surprised that a feature which will affect us all is not being discussed in more detail with us. Initially we were told this would be done in 24 hours, now 48 hours. I don't so much mind the goalposts changing, that happens, but are SM going to rush out this idea without asking anyone about it, while at the same time creating posts about how they plan to liaise with as many people as they can about complex issues that will affect the game...?

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Teb could you either bring a list of these 'features that the forum have been screaming out for and are easy to implement' to the SM/Mod 'sit down', so that you can bring them to our attention personally, or please post them in this thread.

Your question makes me think you are questioning the truth of my comment and this is pretty disheartening for me and slightly amazing to be honest. If you are not doing this the alternatives are equally as worrying. Perhaps you are joking? I only said in an earlier post on this thread that I am bored of posting the same thing only to be ignored, so why would I elect to trawl through things I have suggested before, again?

Take a look at a threads you started asking for ideas and promising feedback and which then became abandoned (as far as the forum is concerned), which I then stuck, and posted on several times. Here is one:

http://www.soccermanager.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8236

I and many others have made many other epic popular posts with ideas on them. Am sure you will be able to tell me why these ideas are not easy to implement, and we never mind that, but we do mind being ignored. Like half the other points in my last post have been with your reply, which focuses on a very narrow aspect. Also, check the SM inbox under received items, from my email address. Also check this thread and the suggestion I referred to in it (that is detailed on another thread).

I could go on all day about things that have been ignored, but what's the point? I have spent hours writing posts in response to SM Dev's posts, providing details suggestions or simple solutions only to be utterly ignored, and there is a growing clan of people who can say the same. I look forward to the changes that will rectify this and have faith in SM or I wouldn't be here, but posts like your last one are highly exasperating as to be honest it is not my job to dredge up long unresolved issues and unanswered suggestions, this is for SM to do, surely? Why are SM not already personally aware of such things? Are you trying to point out that SM have not been reading these? :confused: You have more tied up in the game than any of us do after all.

I will happily attend the SM meeting but am on holiday for two weeks soon, this appeals far more as we can interact in real time.

Teb,

SM Dev (Ste) is just saying that if theres a specific list of suggestions that have been discussed in all the threads then we welcome you bringing them to the sit down, give them to another mod in the sit down, or post a list here. If you want to of course. I can ensure no ones having a go at your honesty, sorry if it came out that way.

The lack of comminucation you talk of is a thing of the past, please, please, please allow the new systems a chance to take hold. We are sorry for not reading every single thread in the forum, it was an extremly cunbersum system, so hopefully the new one will put all this behind us. Again, Im sorry for all past frustrations with communications.

If you have extra ideas for the new communication methods we have developed, please let us know so we can improve then further. Are the ones I suggested earlier sufficient, or have you a better system ? We are all open for ideas apart from a live telephone line, one on one with 1000's of people and their ideas and opinions, as thats impracticle.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Take a look at a threads you started asking for ideas and promising feedback and which then became abandoned (as far as the forum is concerned)' date=' which I then stuck, and posted on several times. Here is one:

[url']http://www.soccermanager.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8236[/url]

Looking back at the thread it seems like it was very positive to those that posted as their ideas have either been introduced or will be introduced in the near future:

3 ideas..

1 - International setups

2 - End of season competitions (qualification based on league positions)

3 - SM to accept or reject offers' date=' if they havent had a response after a time limit is exceeded[/b']

International Setups is linked to 'Manage national teams' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

SM to accept/reject offers is no longer needed as unwanted bids (which this is in relation to) have been cut out with transfer threshold/unavailable status.

match ratings to be enhanced

a way of stopping teams from being ruined by being populated with old aging players.

which could be used in conjunction with

teams going into receivership/administration

when players are on loan the club that owns them should be sent messages regarding player such as rating change' date=' teams that are interested.

clarification on loaning players. used to be that you could loan up to +4 above team average. this now seems to not be the case. seem to be either equal to or lower than team average.[/quote']

Veteran squads and receivership is linked to 'Improved club finances' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

One thing annoys me' date=' which might work in being changed, is sometimes in a game, a high rated player, ie [b']Rooney gets MoM without scoring or assisting! Perhaps something could be done with that?

Player ratings linked to 'Match engine improvements' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

right people this is my first suggestion so go easy on me I know we already have a table for highest average points but how about a hall of fame for the most successful managers? Im not talking about most games won but actually number of leagues won and number of cups won.

Hall of fame linked to 'Manager trophy cabinet' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

At the moment i dont see what the "player unavilable" option is for as it doesnt do anything and all the manager just ignore it anyway.

The options i have suggested would not harm anybody at all who didnt want to use it' date=' but would be an excellent addition to people that want to use it[/quote']

Unavailable option now means unavailable.

Stadium Upgrades. An absolute must. More and more managers exist who have been playing and have progressed their teams up the leagues and have cripplingly small stadiums. Keep the upgrades out managers hands' date=' and based on results.[/quote']

Stadium Upgrades listed as 'Stadium building' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Receivership/Administration. Too many clubs going into debt from mismanagement. Players need to be available at cost if clubs fall X amount into debt. This will limit excessive wages and squad sizes more realistically.

Veteran squads and receivership is linked to 'Improved club finances' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Minimum Bid Threshold. As Nells mentioned' date=' the current 'unavailable' option is purely aesthetic.[/quote']

Transfer threshold has now been introduced.

Match engine improvements. Already mentioned' date=' but stats need to reflect the action better and vice versa.[/quote']

Stats linked to 'Match engine improvements' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Play-offs/other cups. Realistic' date=' desirable, nice earner for smaller clubs.[/quote']

Play Offs listed under 'Promotion play-offs' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Reserve squads. If having a youth squad just for organization' date=' this is needed too For either/both optional friendlies would be nice.[/quote']

Negative response to this idea by many on the forum.

Improvements log. A bit like when a new version of a program is released' date=' where a list of changes is stated. People like me are extremely keen to know what SM are doing, so why not - whenever a change is made - just add it to a list people can see somewhere online.[/quote']

The SM Blog is updated with new improvements features, small message posted on SM Info and now section in SM Technical Area.

Matchday Icon. Have mentioned this before' date=' like the 'Message Icon' next to teams with messages, but a 'Goal Icon' indicating a standard match due to be played 'today'[/quote']

Match Day Icon linked to 'Calendar feature, showing all games' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Quick search. I want to be able to find a player or club by dropping the name straight into a function box that is available on every page.

Quick Search now introduced.

Done deal = done deal. New management should not affect this.

Now introduced.

Club waiting list. I know this has been mentioned' date=' but one of the main things people discuss on Chat, and often on forum, is how to get a certain club.[/quote']

People now have the option to purchase a Standard Setup to have first choice on a team of their liking.

My player; my messages. Messages relating to my players should still come to me when they are loaned out. Fine for them to go to the manager who has them on loan too' date=' but this is secondary.[/quote']

Needs to be added to the list of SM Improvements & New Features.

Team swap facility. Allows you to swap teams from one SM account into another (namely your gold account) and thus removing the need to have multiple teams over multiple accounts.

Listed under SM Improvements & New Features as 'Swap clubs between accounts utility'.

points 15-20 match engine related

All linked to 'Match engine improvements' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Cross-setup friendlies. Friendlies hugely under used I think. Largely because I can only play teams I would normally play. I want to be able to play the best side from one setup against my all-conquering side in another setup etc.

Agreed not realistic.

A good addition could be to add man - to man marking like on some of my football managers.

So for example. Barcelona > Choose Oleguer To Mark Henry for the game.

Linked to 'Advanced tactics' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Match Tactics

A thing I think that should be added into the match tactics is the option to be able to change formation at half time. It could work like the substitutions where you choose what formation to change to if you are loosing' date=' winning or drawing and after how many minutes into the match the changes are made.

I think this would be a more effective way of trying to get back into the match rather than simply changing players as you could change to a more attacking formation and then bring on a striker for a midfilder, combining both the current substitute options and a new option for changing formation.

This will also make the game more realistic as in football it is not uncommon for managers to change formation at half time, for example switching from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 and end up getting a draw when they wer down by two goals at half time.

Does anyone agree with me?[/quote']

Linked to 'Advanced tactics' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

also would like to mention one

where you could see the league tables of season 1' date='2 or even 10.[/b']

So you know how not just you did pervious seasons but other teams. Because sometimes when you swap teams on other accounts (e.g gold) you loose all your stats and dont know what you came 2-3 seasons ago. That would be nice.

So you could see how your team improved or what players need to be signed. Knowing previous seasons goals against and goals scored can help you choose to buy a striker or defender

Linked to 'League tables of all past seasons' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

for me the most important improvement i want to see is a way of getting more cash to the teams that continually perform well' date=' but like my club villarreal, are hampered by having a smaller stadium.

im not keen on stadium size improvements, but would definately like to see more money given to managers that perform well. How this is done i dont really care.

but some suggestions are:

average performance over number of seasons calculates cash injected by chairman/sponsorship money.

player awards/manager awards both monthly and yearly. again reward be in the way of cash prizes.

[b']performance related gate receipts.

Linked to 'Improved club finances' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Many a month ago i proposed a rating system of posts. I so far have recieved limited feedback and would like to have some asap.

The Proposal

To create and implement a system that will praise the efforts of constructive posts. The System will allow members to give Karma / Praise / Posotive Feedback to the members who post constructively. The amount of Karma / Praise / Posotive feedback will be shown visually in the Forum users name tag' date=' for example under The amount of posts they have posted ( ).

The name of the system ?

Karma / Praise / Posotive Feedback / SM rep points ( coutesy of dan payne ) / kudos / Commendation points / recognition points / esteem / plaudit points[/quote']

Introduced.

When a player returns to his parent club' date=' can we have a message shown on the club he is leaving[/b'].

At the moment all that happens is that the player at the bottom of the tactics screen takes his place.

Not mega critical ... perhaps I should have added it to the "Lil things that annoy you thread..."

Introduced.

When looking at a teams formation and tactics on the Last Fixture pop up' date=' perhaps we could have t[b']he scoreline from the last fixture also, and who they were playing.

Linked to 'Pre match analysis' on the SM Improvements & New Features page.

Just want to add one more for you lads to think over' date='that is bids that have been accepted from unmanaged clubs being stopped by managers jumping in and out etc,

Surely if you can see all info on team before joining then when you join it should be for a set ammount of turns etc,or bid that has been accepted should still be allowed.

Anyway please think on it and find a cure ta.[/quote']

Introduced.

All in all a very worthwhile thread and those that posted have had their ideas implemented (as mentioned above) or in line to be. Yes I never did a summary of the initial thread (mainly due to my daughter being born around that date) but it was not ignored.

I would also like to add the following threads which I have recently given feedback on:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14709

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14609

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14497

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14545

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14498

For obvious reasons I can not read and respond to every thread on the forum. Due to this we have created a new and improved 'Help' section within the main site. If ANY member wishes their idea to be created we ask them to use the 'Help' section to get in touch so that we can log their idea if it is a good one (view SM Blog article). Some of the best ideas will be posted on the SM Blog and also within this section of the forum.

Teb' date='

SM Dev (Ste) is just saying that if theres a specific list of suggestions that have been discussed in all the threads then we welcome you bringing them to the sit down, give them to another mod in the sit down, or post a list here. If you want to of course. I can ensure no ones having a go at your honesty, sorry if it came out that way.

The lack of comminucation you talk of is a thing of the past, please, please, please allow the new systems a chance to take hold. We are sorry for not reading every single thread in the forum, it was an extremly cunbersum system, so hopefully the new one will put all this behind us. Again, Im sorry for all past frustrations with communications.

If you have extra ideas for the new communication methods we have developed, please let us know so we can improve then further. Are the ones I suggested earlier sufficient, or have you a better system ? We are all open for ideas apart from a live telephone line, one on one with 1000's of people and their ideas and opinions, as thats impracticle.[/quote']

I am pleased to see that so many idea's have been implemented and it seems that SM are genuinely working hard to narrow the gap between themselves and their customers. The new system looks a much better and more personal way of doing things and I hope it's a success.

It is also a pleasure to see that SM will be having regular 'sit downs' with the mods to discuss issues with them. I would like to ask though where this leaves the normal member that is not a mod? There are many members that do not come on the forum and I expect many that don't read the blog. There are also members of the forum that use SM more regular than most, including the mods, how are they going to get their point across to SM?

It's very pleasing for forumers to see the long list that Stegore posted of changes made and in the process of making after suggestions from the forum. I would expect that will be a massive boost of morale for those person's involved. I would ask about that list who 'agreed' it was impractical to have cross setup friendlies? I think that would be a great idea, I would personally like to see which of my teams could beat each other!

I think that the problem that SM have is that the forum is all about a person's perception. If we post a question that is left unanswered we feel it is being ignored. If you do answer then depending on our current mood it is easy to misinterpret posts, as I feel Teb did on the earlier post from Stegore. I think it's great that Ste and Andy are spending more time on the forum and trying to answer more questions and think this is a good thing for SM to be doing. Every forumer knows it is impossible for SM to read every single thread and I would hope no-one expects that, which is why I have the following suggestion.....

The mods are meant to be a link between the Devs and the normal forumer, is this right?

Well, if it is I propose that there be a way of a thread being 'highlighted' by a mod if they feel that there are potential questions in the thread that require an answer from a SM dev. This would save time for SM dev's on the forum trawling through needless posts and they could just visit the threads most useful to them and the forum.

Now, before I get jumped on, this does mean extra work for mods, i.e reading every thread, which I am sure they probably don't currently and have no inclination to. I am not a mod, but I do read every thread, I do this for my own enjoyment and to pass the hours in the day. If a mod did not want the hassle of doing this (if implemented or even possible) then I would happily do it. I am not asking to be a mod or even have any moderator powers, just have the ability to 'tick box' a thread (if that's possible) if I think a mod needs to reply to it. What do you think?

I think Teb has already mentioned but we do appreciate the work put in by you guys at SM HQ and are only ever trying to help, even if it does seem like constant moaning sometimes! We love the game and want to see it continue to develop as it has done so rapidly recently.

Thanks for reading anyway and let me know about the suggestion.

Guest the plummer

Hey Ste iv used the new system and posted my Suggestion but all just post it here aswell(or are you trying to cut this out )

When you take over a club for example Ajax Liverpool or Arsenal they have a mass of players that need to be put in the youth squad before you can deal with loans ect

Obvously it takes a while to go onto each player and put them in the youth squad, so what im suggestin is that there is a Tick box next to each player in the squad and just say you tick the boxes for players A,D and F there should be a drop down menu at the bottom to say 'Send to youth Squad' and it does it in bulk rather than doing it each individual Player,Also if you sign a player Eligible a think he should go Striaght in the youth squad (also you could add to the drop down menu 'Add to loan list' or maybe more if its possible

I Brought this up on the forum and people preferd the idea of When taking over a team every player eligible for the youth squad should be their Automaticly.

A hope this could be implemented

* Match engine improvements

* A better Help and FAQ system

* A better facility to send SM your suggestions

* Spanish league setups

* Gold Super Cup: (SMFA Cup v SMFA Shield Winners)

* Charity Shield: (League v Cup winners)

* On holiday button

* Head to Head (H2H)

* Pre match analysis

* Improved club finances

* Transfer window option (custom setups)

* Add notes to player about availability

* Stadium building

* Calendar feature' date=' showing all games

* More substitution options

* Employ club staff

* Assistant manager

* Swap clubs between accounts utility

* Rate and review a custom setup

* Switch chairman off option (custom setups)

* SM playable from mobile phones

* Manage national teams

* Give your SM profile a URL

* Rate My Squad feature

* Add videos to your SM profiles

* Manager trophy cabinet

* Display last 6 private messages between managers

* Improved newspaper with media interviews

* League tables of all past seasons

* League position graphs

* Promotion play-offs

* Advanced tactics

I have copied and pasted this off the SM improvements page and cant wait for them to happen.

There are a few things I wasnt expecting, like manage national teams,club staff and assistan manager, H2H and stadium building (I didnt think people liked this)

But I do like them. They are great, and when finished, SM would have reached there mission - to become the best soccer managent game online, (it already is, but this would leave the others way behind)[/quote']

Great improvements, love to see them added, but which ones are for gold members, which ones are for all. Switching the chairman and stadium building will be great!

Hey Ste iv used the new system and posted my Suggestion but all just post it here aswell(or are you trying to cut this out )

When you take over a club for example Ajax Liverpool or Arsenal they have a mass of players that need to be put in the youth squad before you can deal with loans ect

Obvously it takes a while to go onto each player and put them in the youth squad' date=' so what im suggestin is that there is a Tick box next to each player in the squad and just say you tick the boxes for players A,D and F there should be a drop down menu at the bottom to say 'Send to youth Squad' and it does it in bulk rather than doing it each individual Player,Also if you sign a player Eligible a think he should go Striaght in the youth squad (also you could add to the drop down menu 'Add to loan list' or maybe more if its possible

I Brought this up on the forum and people preferd the idea of When taking over a team every player eligible for the youth squad should be their Automaticly.

A hope this could be implemented [/b']

Yeah, I like this idea as it is very annoying to keep on clicking player's profile and sending them, would save masses of time, especially for teams like Ajax!