**HOT NEWS*** Mourinho left Chelsea. Did he jump or was he pushed?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: **HOT NEWS*** Mourinho left Chelsea. Did he jump or was he pushed?

Avram Grant take charge. :D SO HAPPY MOURINHO LEFT. Although' date=' he is a great manager, I hate his mouth, full of stupidity. Words fly out with out control. Chelsea will have problems![/quote']

U r right that he did say things that he should have said behind closed doors, but he was a good manager. The club and players will miss him, i will not be surprized if 1 or 2 players also left at the end of the season unless the clubs brings in an excellent manager..

Still reckon Hiddink will take over assuming Russia don't qualify for Euro 2008. Think the last qualifying games are 21st November so guess Grant will be in charge till then.

Winning a couple of trophies in Israel doesn't seem like a great CV to take over such a major club. Doesn't look good for Chelsea and clearly they won't be winning Abramovichs Champions League trophy this year either (nor anything else).

Only winner in this whole episode must be Shevchenko. Doubt Grant is going to strong enough to go against his master however bad Shevchenko plays.

none of them on bbc sport it says that Avram Grant be the new chelsea boss.

The Israeli, who was the club's director of football, will take charge alongside Steve Clarke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

none of them on bbc sport it says that Avram Grant be the new chelsea boss.

The Israeli' date=' who was the club's director of football, will take charge alongside Steve Clarke.

[url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm[/url]

I am not a gambler, but would happily bet that he will not be the manager by this time next season. There is NO way that he is the long term replacement for Mourinho. Just too inexperienced for such a high pressure job. Just wait for him to start losing a couple of games and Abramovich and the fans will soon get impatient for trophies.

They seem to think that for some reason Chelsea has the right to be a big world club. Can't think I have ever seen anyone wearing a Chelsea top in Hong Kong. Yet Man U, Liverpool, Barcelona, England and Real Madrid are huge in comparison.

After all how many other top managers can you think of who have never one a major league or European trophy. Can't even see the FA hiring a manager with no major success behind them. Can you? ;)

I am not a gambler' date=' but would happily bet that he will not be the manager by this time next season. There is [b']NO[/b] way that he is the long term replacement for Mourinho. Just too inexperienced for such a high pressure job. Just wait for him to start losing a couple of games and Abramovich and the fans will soon get impatient for trophies.

They seem to think that for some reason Chelsea has the right to be a big world club. Can't think I have ever seen anyone wearing a Chelsea top in Hong Kong. Yet Man U, Liverpool, Barcelona, England and Real Madrid are huge in comparison.

After all how many other top managers can you think of who have never one a major league or European trophy. Can't even see the FA hiring a manager with no major success behind them. Can you? ;)

Yeah, they need some experience behind the team. Surely won't be the manager this time next year, I'm having doubt that he'll ever be the manager!:) If so, then I think in a few weeks a replacement would be found. Big loss for Chelsea, but no team can win forever. That's was Roman has to learn, a trophy in every year is a very good run but he just wants more & more.

I'm very curious about where Mourinho will now end up, he loves the premiership... Maybe Tottenham:rolleyes:

I'm still totally shocked :eek:

I think it's becoming clear he was sacked now, but I hope he comes back to the Premier League, because as arrogant as he is, he is good for the game and a great manager.

Avram Grant? Probably placed in charge to cover up the fact Roman Abramovich has really taken charge ;)

Grant Avram has been appointed first team coach although Im not sure whether there is a new manager coming in or not or whether Grant has been appointed the coach rather then just a fill in lol.

Wasnt suprised tbh, but I was a bit suprised at the time of it. I think Mourinho now look for a job in Italy and Spain as he said around a year ago, he wanted to do all 3 nation's in his career and win the league with all three.

Im a little sad to see him go, he's provided laughs and another look at management and how the chairman buying into clubs these days want to do more then just sit and let the money roll in.......They want control over most things including transfers.

Looking at the way Juve are going I have a pretty big feeling that Mourinho will become the new manager by the end of the January window and will look to bring in Lampard and Terry who he is supposidly very friendly with because Juve are willing to splash the cash to get the club back on top of Italy.

I also heard this on GMTV this morning at 7am when getting up for college.....So early :mad:

Jose Mourinho treated the football world to a number of entertaining quotes during his stint as Chelsea manager.

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one" - Mourinho introduces himself to the English press after arriving from Porto in summer 2004.

"We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager."

"If I wanted to have an easy job... I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the UEFA Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me."

"There are only two ways for me to leave Chelsea. One way is in June 2010 when I finish my contract and if the club doesn't give me a new one. It is the end of my contract and I am out. The second way is for Chelsea to sack me. The way of the manager leaving the club by deciding to walk away, no chance! I will never do this to Chelsea supporters." - When asked if success in the Carling Cup Final might mean it would be the last trophy he would win for Chelsea.

"As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal." - After a 0-0 draw with Tottenham Hotspur.

"If he helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt." - On Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

poor people

"Pressure? What pressure? Pressure is poor people in the world trying to feed their families. Working from dawn till dusk just to feed their young. There is no pressure in football." - Speaking in a post-match interview.

"Everybody wants Chelsea to lose a game. When they do they should declare a public holiday." - Speaking in a press conference about Chelsea's leading Barclays Premier League start in the 2005-06 season.

"We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work."

"I am more scared of bird flu than football. What is football compared with life? I have to buy some masks and stuff - maybe for my team as well." - Speaking soon after H5N1 spread to Britain, and when Chelsea's league lead over Manchester United had slipped to seven points.

the melon

"Young players are a little bit like melons. Only when you open and taste the melon are you 100 percent sure that the melon is good. Sometimes you have beautiful melons but they don't taste very good and some other melons are a bit ugly and when you open them, the taste is fantastic." - Mourinho's melon metaphor on young players, 9th June 2007.

"It is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem" - Shorn of the likes of injury victims Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Didier Drogba, Mourinho cooked up a surreal analogy ahead of Tuesday's fateful draw with Rosenborg.

The one in bold is amazing to read knowing the future ;)

Looks like Drogba and Essien won't be staying without Mourinho :rolleyes: which means Chelsea will lose more fans. Including me if Abramovich doesn't stop being an ***hole might go to Tottenham i recon :)

Suddenly dawned on me.

Maybe this is part of Abramovich's plan. Players like Drogba, Lampard and Essien are not going to come cheap. Mourinho would never have sold any of these players so he had to be got rid of. As this is not Russia 'Got rid of' obviously means sacked. Just as well Chelsea didn't Spartak Moscow in the Champions league then.

Perhaps it is now time to re-coup some of the money spent and find another plaything. Where this leaves Chelsea only time will tell. Perhaps Bates will buy it back for a pound.

SM Southsayer

These are the odds from bookmakers William Hill for Mourinho's next job:

Portugal- 2/1

Barcelona- 5/2

Real Madrid- 6/1

AC- 8/1

Benfica, Porto- 10/1

Internazionale, Juve- 14/1

Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Spurs- 16/1

And HKPHOOEY, I also think Hiddink might move to Chelsea if the Russians dont make it.

Looks like Drogba and Essien won't be staying without Mourinho :rolleyes: which means Chelsea will lose more fans. Including me if Abramovich doesn't stop being an ***hole might go to Tottenham i recon :)

Nooo, pick Fulham, pick Fulham! :) The future is bright ;) 3rd division club in the premiership and running smoothly. When we had the Fans Forum this is what Sanchez said basically, and I believe every single word of that:

Lawrie Sanchez speaking in the Fulham fans forum yesterday said he wants to have a 30,000 seater stadium within the next several years with Fulham in the top ten, and also confirmed that Fulham had cash to spend in January and for the next two summers.

Sanchez also said that he would be looking to blood youngsters through into the first team and this will come as a pleasant piece of news for Fulham fans who haven't seen a Fulham born and bred star for one year too many.

Sounds like exciting time for the Cottagers!

Also, the truth is that we're doing well even with all the luck in the world against us! Imagine when we find that little bit of luck :)

WOW 30' date='000 dont get to ambitious :rolleyes:

Il miss you jose.

I reckon juve or inter?

But all of you saying man u will now thrash chelsea on sunday well well well lets just wait and see. :P[/quote']

:confused: Stupid comment, because there's nothing ambitious about the truth :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2006/08/09/fulham_fansforum_feature.shtml

^^ Great stuff.

Also, I think Man U will Stuff Chelsea at the weekend, but wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea took the lead first..

Yer but its total stupid building a new stadium of only 30' date='000 but then again if you have small fan-base then i suppose it makes sense.[/quote']

lol, we're not building a new stadium!!!! We're just upgrading it!!!!

This season the stadium size increased from around 24k to around 26k with a few extra seats... we didn't move stadium!!! Same thing... we'll just expand it, not build a new one ;) I'd expect 90% of the 30k stadium to be full once done, which is good enough (unlike teams like Chelsea, Man C, etc... who's stadium is always half empty.. it looks groce!)

Anyway, enough Fulham, back to Mourinho :)

Fair play to Mourinho. As a Man Utd fan I obviously don't like the way Mr Abramovich bought the title, hence I don't like chelsea. I think he's done the right thing for his own career and wish him all the best. I think he's a quality coach and will no doubt be linked with every big job around.

Barcelona, beaten to the league last season and very bitter about it, 3 games this season, only 5 points? see where I'm going. He was there before as Sir Bobby Robson's translator so I think a return would be bliss for him and seems logical, although whether Barca fans have forgiven and forgotten what has happened between themselves and chelsea over the past few years in europe is debatable.

The reason Avram Grant has been installed as manager (why didn't chelsea install Steve Clarke as caretaker while they looked for a real top class manager) is because he's everything Jose was not. Jose always stood up for what he believed in whether it was right or wrong because that is the character he was. This is why there has been no speculation about managers like Capello being linked with the job as he'd have no hesitation in telling Abramovich where to ram his roubles if he tried to interfere.

Grant is a "friend" of Mr Abramoich and quite frankly I think Grant will become Abramovich's lap-dog. Grant and Clarke train the players, Abramovich picks the team, Grant tells the players the team. (I wouldn't mind a little wager that a certain Mr Shevchenko gets a bit of a run in the team now! ;) )

It's gonna become like one of the big foreign clubs where control is at the top with the president/owner. They identify the players they would like to see at the club, buy them and the manager's job is simply to train them and to get them to gel and play well together. Mourinho would never have let that happen and ultimately paid the price with his job. (Not that not having a job and a 25m golden goodbye is all that bad:D )

Good luck Jose, you were a great character, although you can only call yourself the special one when you've won as much as Sir Alex "the truly special one" Ferguson.