Barcelona rating changes!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Barcelona rating changes! Hahahahah. The funniest thing I have ever heard. What about Pepe Reina??? You think Valdes is better?! Hahahahaha. Ronaldinho the best player in the world??! Hahahahahah

Re: Barcelona rating changes! Xavi, Puyol, Marquez, and Ronaldinho are one of the best if not the best player in the world. Xavi, great passer and controller of midfield. I watch La Liga and knows ho

Re: Barcelona rating changes! Rijkard substituted Xavi for Dos Santos because he was so poor. Week in and week out I see the same mediocrity from Xavi except the occasional good game. The rest are ju

Re: Barcelona rating changes!

Its all the stupid points coming from man u fans.

Stop being biased.

How can henry go down when he is recovered from injury and already received that increase for it. And why put puyol down he is solid at the back a true great.

NOT BIASED IM A LEEDS FAN.

And you watch 90% of Barca games? And who said Henry should go down, we were talking about Ronaldinho, Puyol, Marquez and Xavi.

Okay this is totally unbiased and okay no one said barca was the best team.

That was just my opinion. And i dont have Barca in any setup.

Some of their players are some of the best in the world. But puyol isnt the most solid defender in the world. In fact Barca dont have the best defence in the world, they score goals. Why should their defence be rated so high.

Henry was injured for a long time and hasnt been scoring goals lately. A minor decrease to 96 for now is fine.

Last season and in the World Cup ronaldinho wasn't the best player in the world. Why should he be rated as such?

Messi has recovered really well from injury so he should go up. But etoo just got injured again.

Thats all i have to say.

Xavi' date=' Puyol and Ronaldinho are definetely overrated and I'm a neutral. I have nothing against Barca or Henry. As I said the only people who have the right to make judgements are those who:

Do [b']watch[/b] La Liga regularly

Do not support Barcelona

Do not have a Barcelona team on SM

I do not watch La Liga regularly I see about 50% of Barcelona matches but the fact is wherever I watch them I don't see Puyol etc. perform to such standards. I would like someone who watched 90+% of Barca matches and fits the other criteria to make a statement everyone else's statements mean tosh.

Well.....

I watch Barca week in week out

I do not support them

I have a Barca team in WC 110 BUT DON'T HAVE 1 BARCA PLAYER

Happy?

Okay this is totally unbiased and okay no one said barca was the best team.

That was just my opinion. And i dont have Barca in any setup.

Some of their players are some of the best in the world. But puyol isnt the most solid defender in the world. In fact Barca dont have the best defence in the world' date=' they score goals. Why should their defence be rated so high.

Henry was injured for a long time and hasnt been scoring goals lately. A minor decrease to 96 for now is fine.

Last season and in the World Cup ronaldinho wasn't the best player in the world. Why should he be rated as such?

Messi has recovered really well from injury so he should go up. But etoo just got injured again.

Thats all i have to say.[/quote']

I agree, never like Puyol, rate him as a mid 90s Def at best, more like 94, guys so average, rest of the team are ok IMO, maybe Valdes at 91

I Think If Any Players Should Go Up It Would Be:

Messi - Great Young Fast Player Lots Of Skill.

Yaya Toure - Has Showed He Can Play For A Top Team And Very Strong CM.

Iniesta - Very Good Player And Passer Dunno If He'll Get A Rating Change ???

Bojan Krkic - Should At Least Get To Middle 80's But Dunno From There!!!:D

How can anyone say that Valdes is great goalkeeper?? For me, he is surely the worst goalkeeper in Spain national team!! Reina and Cassilas are much more better. Ronaldinho is in poor form and his rating should be not biger than 97! Messi an Y. Toure are great players and also very important for the Barca first team. Their rating should go up! Bojan Krkic and Dos Santos are young prospects for the future and also their rating should go up on 85-86 maybe. I have Barcelona and I sold Zambrotta, Valdes, Marquez, Henry, Thuram and Edmilson because I think their rating will decrased. That's my opinion.

What do you think about Deco??

ffs' date=' you don't understand the point!

NO ONE IS SAYING BARCA ARE THE BEST [b']TEAM[/b] IN THE WORLD!!

What I'm pointing out is that they do have the best PLAYERS in the world.... ALTHOUGH, Lets make it clear, I personally DO think that they are the best team in the world... but the latter is just an opinion, the other is a fact!

What, in your opinion, makes that a fact?

People here own Barca so no wonder they'll say don't descrease. IMO Ronaldinho' date=' Puyol/Marquez and Xavi all need to go down 1 rating and Messi needs to go up 1 or 2. In real life I doubt that Barca are by [b']far[/b] the best team in the world, they couldn't even win their league so to make them have by far the best players and biggest stadium is overexadurating.

It's not because people own them, it goes on statistics. Ronaldinho is the best player in the world, therefore he is better than everyone else, so that's why he has a better rating then everyone else. Puyol and Marquez are world class defenders, they tackle and win the ball. Xavi is a fantastic passer of the ball, i have already said this, he has got great vision and creativity. It's not all about scoring goals you see. Who said they were the best team by far?, they are the best team but with little margin. Chelsea were the best team in England for 2 years, how come they never won the premiership the third year?

Barca and Chelsea both should go slightly down in ratings. Plus Chelsea did better in CL and FA cup and Carling Cup then Man Utd so they did do some decent things. But Barca have some overrated players. I think they were tropyless last season.

Sometimes in football' date=' teams do not exactly have the desired season they want. Maybe it was one of them for Barca, doesn't mean they should go down. If you looked at the last day Spanish table, Real Madrid edged the title. No Points in it but Real won the game at the Bernabeu, would be outrageous to decrease points just because of a away defeat by their rivals.

Hahahahah. The funniest thing I have ever heard. What about Pepe Reina??? You think Valdes is better?! Hahahahaha. Ronaldinho the best player in the world??! Hahahahahaha Better than Kaka'??? Hahahahahahahahaha Xavi before Kaka'?????? Hahahahahah You are so funny!!

Your attempt to be sarcastic is not working, there is something I don't like about you and I'm not afraid to say it. Ronaldinho has been performing season in season out, Kaka had a fabulous season last year and he rose from 94 to 97. Ronnie is the best player in the world, you can't have the best player who share the same abilities. He has been magnificent for Barca since he joined.

Ronaldinho is of the past. He has not been the player he was since before the 2006 world cup. Kaka has been better then him since then and since SM is based on form then Ronaldinho needs to step down to 97. Fabregas is offensively the best playmaker CM in the EPL this season and probably last as well. Xavi is not the best playmaker in CM in La Liga' date=' he didn't look anything special against Lyon. It's pointless debating unless someone who regularly watches La Liga, does not support Barcelona or have them on SM gives their opinion.[/quote']

Just because Xavi didn't play too well in 1 game, he needs a drop? I watch La Liga and this guy is awesome. IMO the best CM playmaker in Spain. Fabregas is performing well and has recently recieved a rating change, what more do you want? I can't see him being raised again. The kid is only 20, he has years ahead of him, but players like Xavi are better than him as they are in their prime, have experience and know how to handle pressure. Cesc needs to learn more.

And you watch 90% of Barca games? And who said Henry should go down' date=' we were talking about Ronaldinho, Puyol, Marquez and Xavi.[/quote']

Who said you need to watch the games to contribute? We are stating our opinions, Many people on the forum spot young talents from Brazil, Argentina and yet they do not watch it.

The only one I agree is that Valdes needs a decrease. Make sloppy mistakes which costs his team games.

Barcelona is not the best team in the world, They have the best players in the world. (Already mentioned but when do people listen?:rolleyes:)

The only problem is that they have too many superstars and have no team chemistry, their team is all about the fancy tricks and spectacular goals. I could say that if someone like Jose Mourinho was to manage them, then the team would've been turned around;)

Who think that Xavi is bettar than C.Ronaldo' date=' Messi, Fabregas, Lampard, Pirlo, Totti, Essien,... and same as Gerrard?!?!?!?!:confused:[/quote']

unfortunately xavi is one of the most underrated players in the world, but not by soccer manager. he dictates the game has the vision and passing, does not just play in an advanced midfield role or a defensive role, he does both, he never panics or fazes, he is ice cool and he organizes the midfield making it tick for barcelona and spain that is why he is 97 and will not go down.

I only ask why do you say that Barcelona ahs the best players' date=' and that it is a fact.

Of course many of them are indeeed above-average and unique players, but do you have anything that can prove they are best than their counter parts alreayd mentioned by others?[/quote']

Let's start with Ronaldinho and Kaka, shall we?

For major personal accolades,

Ronaldinho has been awarded the FIFA World Player of the Year award twice (2004, 2005), as well as the European Footballer of the Year award (2005).

Kaka has not won any to date.

For major club titles won,

Ronaldinho has two La Liga titles as compared to Kaka's solitary Serie A title. Both have won the Champions League once.

Moving on to statistics,

Ronaldinho has 64 goals in 131 compared to Kaka's 40 in 133 for their corresponding clubs. Ronaldinho has 31 in 76 to Kaka's 19 in 54 for Brazil.

As you can see, almost everything points in favour to Ronaldinho.

Now, I know that Kaka has probably been better this season, but even if he wins the World and European player of the year (though he may not even because of a certain number 7), he still falls shy of Ronaldinho's amazing record in this area.

While Kaka has only been really out of this word for one season, Ronaldinho had already lit up the world three seasons ago. Although not at his majestic World-and-European-player-of-the-year best this season, he has nonetheless finished the season with 21 league goals, more than Dorgba's 20 and Ronaldo's 17 and just behind Milito's 23 and van Nistelroooy's 25.

Really, Ronaldinho has been by far the more accomplished player.

I can move on to Xavi and Fabregas but I doubt it's really necessary.

I'll just put it this way. Barca isn't playing well now in La Liga. The only thing I see is not getting the results. The players still play quite well in my opinion. Just look at how they dispatched Lyon. I don't think Coupet even deserved a 93 if you put it that way. It's just the start of the season. Even Chelsea and ManU aren't the brightest teams in the EPL. Though, they will catch up soon. It's been just a few games and it doesn't reflect how they are going to fare in the season.

The keeper Valdes needs a bump up to 93 maybe or stay at 92. Back four, maybe one drop but I don't think a two points drop because they are still world class. As for Abidal and Milito, they did feature in a couple of games. Remember, Abidal did contribute to a couple of goals. So, no problem with them for me.

As for the Xavi-rating-decrease-or-increase thing, I think he should stay. Look at how he performed for Spain in the Euro qualifiers! He plays the game very very well. Intelligent player. I really like him to be honest. He's a stable player you want. I think there were several posts about him, questioning his rating here before, and many said he was underrated and I have to agree. I think Xavi is a brilliant player. Fabregas just went on form this year, so the increase to 94 is not a doubt. But did he perform this well last year? Xavi could stay or maybe just a bump down to 96 like Deco. I don't think he should go all the way down. As for Iniesta, he stays or just one up. But I still feel that he will stay put. He played well when he came on against Lyon.

Henry is going down prolly. Ronaldinho, he's a man full of tricks. Like a few posts before this, I agree with him staying put. Maybe one down. He's the man Abramovich was about to land 160 million (was it 160 or more? forgot) for a move to Chelsea. He's really exciting. And if you watch the free kick he scored a few weeks back, you'll know what he's all about. Maybe not on form, but still a brilliant player. He plays both playmaker and sometimes scorer. He's a two in one in my opinion.

As for those going down, I think would be those like Thuram, Silvinho, Gudjohnsen (as he's not getting enough games, the Fantastic Four and Dos Santos really made his place in Barca in danger) and also prolly some of the big guns. But it won't be a big drop to me, maybe 1 point or two. No more than that. As for Edmilson....... he's moving to Newcastle soon alrdy. He's injured. What can we do? It's like that. Yea, maybe going down soon. Oleguer.... been taking Puyol's place, I think he's not bad. 89 is already ok for him, doesn't need any more decrease. Other 89s don't even play as well as him.

It would be interesting to see how the likes of Dos Santos would fare. It think he would definitely get an increase as he has become Barca's so-called "secret weapon". The manager has been giving him games and I think he did well, although he should've scored in several occasions.

I know I am a Barca fan who has a Barca team. But still, I can't deny some players not playing well which would affect their rating. Though, I still agree with the opinions of some like Bobo. Makes sense and is quite true as well.

Here's what I believe the rating changes will be:

Oleguer and Silvinho' date=' down to 88.

Abidal may stay 92, but IMO has done enough to achieve a 93.

Toure to 92, Deco to 95.

Messi- 95, Dos Santos and Krkic both up to 82 and 81 respectively.[/quote']

I have to agree wirth all, but Yaya should be 93.

Deco must go dwn aswell 1or2

Your problem is that you don't know that SM bases his player ratings on actual performances!! All of you looking at the past. It's not too important in SM. The most important is how they play now, not in the past. I just sold Edmilson and Gudjohnsen + 5m for Luka Modrić, great player. I can not bielieve it that you think Valdes rating should go up????!!:confused:

Sparky. Ronaldinho is not the best player in the world. I watched him play and he should be 97 at most. Plus you probably own Barcelona which proves it. It is pointless arguing just let SM settle this but IMO if you have Xavi, Puyol, Marques or Ronaldinho in your teams then sell them. I've looked at some of your older posts and you always seem to defend Barca. I'm not a stalker I just looked at some older Barca ratings threads and you're always there defending Xavi, Ronaldinho, Puyol etc.

Sparky. Ronaldinho is not the best player in the world. I watched him play and he should be 97 at most. Plus you probably own Barcelona which proves it. It is pointless arguing just let SM settle this but IMO if you have Xavi' date=' Puyol, Marques or Ronaldinho in your teams then sell them. I've looked at some of your older posts and you always seem to defend Barca. I'm not a stalker I just looked at some older Barca ratings threads and you're always there defending Xavi, Ronaldinho, Puyol etc.[/quote']

Like I said, it's not about owning them. End of the day, it matters to tactics in the game. If they decrease, they will decrease a point of two so it's no biggy. But that is what my opinion is... They are some of the best players in the world, they may not be able to play together but they are the best in their position.

Let's start with Ronaldinho and Kaka' date=' shall we?

For major personal accolades,

[i']Ronaldinho has been awarded the FIFA World Player of the Year award twice (2004, 2005), as well as the European Footballer of the Year award (2005).[/i]

Kaka has not won any to date.

For major club titles won,

Ronaldinho has two La Liga titles as compared to Kaka's solitary Serie A title. Both have won the Champions League once.

Moving on to statistics,

Ronaldinho has 64 goals in 131 compared to Kaka's 40 in 133 for their corresponding clubs. Ronaldinho has 31 in 76 to Kaka's 19 in 54 for Brazil.

As you can see, almost everything points in favour to Ronaldinho.

Now, I know that Kaka has probably been better this season, but even if he wins the World and European player of the year (though he may not even because of a certain number 7), he still falls shy of Ronaldinho's amazing record in this area.

While Kaka has only been really out of this word for one season, Ronaldinho had already lit up the world three seasons ago. Although not at his majestic World-and-European-player-of-the-year best this season, he has nonetheless finished the season with 21 league goals, more than Dorgba's 20 and Ronaldo's 17 and just behind Milito's 23 and van Nistelroooy's 25.

Really, Ronaldinho has been by far the more accomplished player.

I can move on to Xavi and Fabregas but I doubt it's really necessary.

There you have. SM isn't, or shouldn't be based on previous records. IF it is, why not keep Romario as a 90, why players have their ratings decreased when injuried, or why old players always get a 1-2 points drop before retiring?

Ronaldinho IS NOT the best player of the world ATM, therefore, shouldn't have the highest rating in a so called "realistic" game. That's just my idea of how ratings should work.

So what's your cut-off for recent? One week? Then we can have Ronaldo on 99 for one week and 80 the next. Or perhaps one season? Then I doubt Gerrard is worthy of a 97 too, yet he managed to hang onto it.

SM just has to take into account personal achievements when deciding on how good a player is. The way I see it, form is temporary, class is permanent.