Leaving Forums ?

Guest the plummer

Re: Leaving Forums ?

Well it seems most people are only interested in the reasons and basically mine is because of School' date='its GCSE year this and next and the forum is a big time killer as most people know,I'm not gone for good but I will be posting every now and then like this...[/quote']

I don't think that is what people are interested in at all Danny, it seems you have missed the point. I believe that people were trying to get across that people leave and it's time to move on and help any newbie's as and where we can to improve.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Leaving Forums ? Pretty pointless but anyway... Yeah i'm leaving for now,the forum has gone down and less of the experienced guys are posting and the most influential member has left now anyway.

Glad to see the forum is still alive and kicking:) .Personally i don't know what all the fuss was about.As Nav says People come and go but the forum goes on.

I myself don't use it as much as i used to but it is like a new car' date='once you get it you spend days polishing and cleaning it and every oppurtunity you get you go for a drive but after a few months you don't feel like polishing it anymore and you may only wash it once a week(or if your like myself,once a month if it isn't raining :D )[/b']

People do have other lifes other than SM and people do have genuine reasons for leaving so lets just leave it at that.

Kevche mate, you and Nav hit the nail on the head

people are obviously going to leave, or not come on as much anymore, but more people will come, look at TomOwen, has been here 13 days, and already has over 350 posts :D

all we need to do is keep the forum going, make the forum what it used to be :)

also, im sure a couple of the people who have left will be back when scheduals calm down and etc... :rolleyes:

I don't think that is what people are interested in at all Danny' date=' it seems you have missed the point. I believe that people were trying to get across that people leave and it's time to move on and help any newbie's as and where we can to improve.[/quote']

Well looking through just then about 4 people have posted saying a few people leaving haven't posted good reasons or reasons at all..

Or am i seeing things?

Well looking through just then about 4 people have posted saying a few people leaving haven't posted good reasons or reasons at all..

Or am i seeing things?

No, it does say that i the last 3-4 posts but this read is 4 pages long and at least 2 full pages of that is from tonight. I'm not exactly sure how it got from where it id to people saying that, but it did!

I dont think everyone has read this thread properly. I think people are only seeing the last few posts.

The fact is, many things have been said. And there isn't anymore that can be added. People are just going over the same things over and over again.

So, lets just make SM great. Lets talk about other things on other threads.

Why keep talking about people leaving forums. Depressing. Lets talk about all the other class stuff. Like Gold Champs, Stick cricket and "Whats your favourite ice cream?!! :D

I dont think everyone has read this thread properly. I think people are only seeing the last few posts.

The fact is' date=' many things have been said. And there isn't anymore that can be added. People are just going over the same things over and over again.

So, lets just make SM great. Lets talk about other things on other threads.

Why keep talking about people leaving forums. Depressing. Lets talk about all the other class stuff. Like Gold Champs, Stick cricket and "Whats your favourite ice cream?!! :D[/quote']

Hmm ok then :confused:

I have just stated a reason for leaving as people have said that basically in a nutshell they wanted to know why people were leaving..

So i have done and i'm talking about the same thing over and over again?

Who does that work itself out?

Hmm ok then :confused:

I have just stated a reason for leaving as people have said that basically in a nutshell they wanted to know why people were leaving..

So i have done and i'm talking about the same thing over and over again?

Who does that work itself out?

Wasn't directed at you Danny. More at those who havent read all of this thread. And think its only about newbies and helping them. All is cool mate. :)

Dont worry. lol. I fully understood you. Because you were right. Now, about you becoming a Spurs fan?!?!? lol :D

Been taking a gander at this thread and i amused by certain members giving the excuse its because the "Forum is going down the pan etc ,".

Personally i think this is a load of Bull for an excuse ,when i first came on the Forum did not have a big membership so yes it was very easy to make friends because it was just like a closed shop between the few ,a lot are still regular on here wheras some still are here but not as on as much ,but that will be more to other commitments that have come into their lives not because the Forum is in decline etc .

SPAMMING .

We have always had that problem its not new and you will never eradicate it ,one of the main reasons why is because of the various age limits quite a lot of members do not even know that what they are doing is classed as Spamming .

If i have seen someone obviously spamming i will warn them ,but generally most newbies do not realise ,i have even seen the funny side when going round forum on my duties looking at threads where some of the longer members have tried to educate them on what is classed as Spamming ,then have blown there top when these new members now educated in the art of whats spamming have given negative rep points back to them for their quick short posts .

Except for some very obvious aspects just a smilie etc ,then what some class as Spamming a lot of others dont.

As for some of the others saying its because there sick of ,

Help my team,rate my team ,chairman stinks ,smfa stopping bids and numerous more to mention ,well to say they stop your enjoyment " POPPYCOCK " virtually all these threads are started under the above title so you know what they are about so if you dont like them just ignore, YOUR NOT FORCED TO READ OR ANSWER THEM,but if you would rather leave because of this then im not bothered how long a standing member you are just go because you can not use something that can easily be avoided by you as an excuse,yes some may hate these kind of threads but the members that are coming on and asking for this kind of advice at the end of the day are entitled to ,that is what the Forum is for ,also Teb has spent a lot of time organizing forum to put these in there own sections so that it is easier for you to dismiss them if its not your cup of tea.

If i was asked what is the major difference now to my earlier days i would say just one word TOLERANCE.

We had everything then as we have now ,Spamming ,Great threads and /posts .Bad threads and posts.

Some great Forumers and some not so great ,

But wheras members had more tolerance then with Newcomers and gave them time to settle in ,now it dosnt seem so ,whether its because the newcomers are growing tenfold i dont know ,but the ammount of threads i have seen where they have been given an abrupt even though its their first post " use the search " " crap idea " etc, in all honesty how many members can truthfully say they used search straight away or even opened their first session with a fantastic thread open for a great debate ,i can assure you not many ,it would proberly be fun and ammusing to actualy start a thread listing and showing all our first threads on Forum ,i bet mine would be open for a massive negative rep :D

Also dont forget with all the new changes that have been made and are going to be made by S/M then it also has a massive impact on Forum debates /discussion /suggestions and improvments etc ,because most of what we debated on are all being implemented .

But to say it was better in the old days to now is a false impression to give ,if you compare membership then to now thats the only reason it seems worse ,because its just that now the bad bits are more noticable because its just on a bigger level with the ammount of members .:)

Been taking a gander at this thread and i amused by certain members giving the excuse its because the "Forum is going down the pan etc ' date='".

Personally i think this is a load of Bull for an excuse ,when i first came on the Forum did not have a big membership so yes it was very easy to make friends because it was just like a closed shop between the few ,a lot are still regular on here wheras some still are here but not as on as much ,but that will be more to other commitments that have come into their lives not because the Forum is in decline etc .

SPAMMING .

We have always had that problem its not new and you will never eradicate it ,one of the main reasons why is because of the various age limits quite a lot of members do not even know that what they are doing is classed as Spamming .

If i have seen someone obviously spamming i will warn them ,but generally most newbies do not realise ,i have even seen the funny side when going round forum on my duties looking at threads where some of the longer members have tried to educate them on what is classed as Spamming ,then have blown there top when these new members now educated in the art of whats spamming have given negative rep points back to them for their quick short posts .

Except for some very obvious aspects just a smilie etc ,then what some class as Spamming a lot of others dont.

As for some of the others saying its because there sick of ,

Help my team,rate my team ,chairman stinks ,smfa stopping bids and numerous more to mention ,well to say they stop your enjoyment " POPPYCOCK " virtually all these threads are started under the above title so you know what they are about so if you dont like them just ignore, YOUR NOT FORCED TO READ OR ANSWER THEM,but if you would rather leave because of this then im not bothered how long a standing member you are just go because you can not use something that can easily be avoided by you as an excuse,yes some may hate these kind of threads but the members that are coming on and asking for this kind of advice at the end of the day are entitled to ,that is what the Forum is for ,also Teb has spent a lot of time organizing forum to put these in there own sections so that it is easier for you to dismiss them if its not your cup of tea.

If i was asked what is the major difference now to my earlier days i would say just one word TOLERANCE.

We had everything then as we have now ,Spamming ,Great threads and /posts .Bad threads and posts.

Some great Forumers and some not so great ,

But wheras members had more tolerance then with Newcomers and gave them time to settle in ,now it dosnt seem so ,whether its because the newcomers are growing tenfold i dont know ,but the ammount of threads i have seen where they have been given an abrupt even though its their first post " use the search " " crap idea " etc, in all honesty how many members can truthfully say they used search straight away or even opened their first session with a fantastic thread open for a great debate ,i can assure you not many ,it would proberly be fun and ammusing to actualy start a thread listing and showing all our first threads on Forum ,i bet mine would be open for a massive negative rep :D

Also dont forget with all the new changes that have been made and are going to be made by S/M then it also has a massive impact on Forum debates /discussion /suggestions and improvments etc ,because most of what we debated on are all being implemented .

But to say it was better in the old days to now is a false impression to give ,if you compare membership then to now thats the only reason it seems worse ,because its just that now the bad bits are more noticable because its just on a bigger level with the ammount of members .:)[/quote']

Could'nt agree more (well, I could, but then I'd have to quote my oen post :P )

That's why I'm staying. ;)

Some fantastic posts in this thread (just been through them all) by older members and newer members and it is excellent to see some maturity and unity to get the forum back up and to its best again.

My lack of posts is due to lack of time basically, soon as Lewis has grown up a little more in a couple of months time or so I will have more time on my hands - Im having to work longer hours for the extra money to keep the family ticking.

I still log on daily and the forum is still part of my life and it always will be, unless the worst happens which hopefully it doesnt.

I suppose the forum is like real life football, even the very very best (your bests,pele's,maradonna's etc etc) all come and go for reasons of their own, and some of you have said that it could be for reasons they would rather not disclose which they are totally entitled to do so. So let's all get our chins up and keep marching on, the forum is a great place it has lots of positive debates from a big group of positively minded aqcuaintences who I (and many others im sure) enjoy spending time with here on the forum.

People who have left are the past - you lot are the future and that is where we should be looking.

Good thread guys :)

In my opinion, maybe my opinion's alredy been mentioned before:

But i think alot of the forumers are leaving because of other people leaving, this could lead to serious things i feel.

Cause one day everyone's going to follow each other for so much until the forum's bear empty! Not good things, the more of the elder users leave the others seem to want to follow e.g. Frank Blue decides to leave ( a very legendary user) Than Johnny Yellow comes in ( another legendary user) " All the things Frank did for the forum is immense, im leaving as we'll miss him so much,"

But if this happens for 1 user, fine so it is, but nowadays its ends up in a chain as 1 user follows the other out the door!

So quite simply im trying to say is, its not everyone who thinks its abd cause one good user leaves, but that in my opinion is the worst way to leave the forum, bad, bad , bad respect in deed! Keep your work going if someone leaves and aim to make the forum better than ever!

like to say tom. I'm not going anywhere mate and i think i can say the same for people lie Raz' date=' Teb, Dan :D, Alan, Bobo, Havoc and Others i've missed. they know who they are and i'm happy to say this debate has given us all faith.

BETTER? :D[/quote']

lol well Adam is staying but won't be on much ;) No need for the edit lol.

But as I said on my thoughts post its about time we discussed other needing subjects as its safe to say that most of us are here to stay.

well to say they stop your enjoyment " POPPYCOCK "

Mr Neller, I saw this word and was absoloutely creased with laughter. I want a definition of it posted on here please as you've given me an idea for a couple of threads :D

The first one, once we get the definition from crazy bones will be the SM forumers dictionary, which someone will hopefully sticky at the top of the misc section. We can use "poppycock" as our first word as it's a gem whatever it means :D and forumers can either post other weird and wonderful words found in the forum or terms to do with SM in general and we could build a massive word collection to help the "noobs" (another entry) ;)

The second one, again once we get the official definition is the Alan Crazy Bones Neller POPPYCOCK challenge, where once we know what it is, I will set a challenge to all forumers use the word in general conversation in the outside world to find the best and most original use of it in everyday life. Bet we get some beauties!! :D Should be a laugh!!

Correct mate its just a matter of speech meaning "rubbish" " nonsense " " Twaddle " etc.

Now some are going to say whats Twaddle ' date='well the answer is POPPYCOCK:D :)[/quote']

Thanks for the official definition Mr Neller. So the 1st SM dictionary entry will be POPPYCOCK = adj. rubbish, nonsense, twaddle.

Will create the thread and also the poppycock challenge thread tonight when I get in from work :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...