Now i know before i even start explaining how the system might work people will shout it down as it could lead them to lose their star players. But i feel if it is correctly implemented into the game then it could give new life setups and stop managers/teams not being punished for finishing near the bottom of the league or in the bottom division but yet can keep their star players.

Over time when you take over a team you start to build a team, improving the squad with higher ranked players as you progress. Which is only natural as you want to try and work your way up through the leagues, get into europe or win a cup.

What i don't understand is the system where you could buy Messi being West ham but once he is there, the only way he could ever leave the club is by either gaining player concerns, being sold or when the manager leaves. So you could with time have the gameworld where Messi could be playing in the bottom division with West ham and still be happy playing for them, that doesn't make sense.

If you start to sign players which clearly are better than the rest in your team average, then you are trying to make that next step up the ladder in climbing the leagues, aiming to get into Europe or win something.

I'm not saying Managers/teams should have a cap in which players they can sign, as managers should always be able to sign any player they wish, that should never change.

But by signing better players the manager needs to accept that to keep that player happy, then set targets need to be reached each season.

For example

Players should have an ambition concern which would work on if they feel the club should be finishing in the top ten, getting into europe, or winning a cup over a set period of time. So if a 94+ player is at a club where they are just finishing mid table season after season, then it would make sense for that player to start to develop concerns that the club isn't matching his ambition. So when he starts to develop concerns it would give the manager chance to try and improve his squad to reach the target and remove the concern the 94 rated player might of developed. Now I'm sure the opinion to address concerns with a big bonus would still be there for any ambition concern's, just like it is with lack of games.

But once that player over a period of time hit level 5 for ambition concerns, then he would be transfer listed and anyone else from that gameworld would be able to put a bid in for him.

I think it would help create a positive flow of transfers between clubs that have higher rated players, instead of a set number of clubs just keeping all the best talent for themselfs.

I think once players signed are 91 or above then players ambition targets should be implemented

91 top ten finish

92-94 getting into European

95+ Top ten finish, getting into European, challenging for the league, winning a cup

So if them targets weren't being reached by the team over a 3 season period then the player would gain concerns and end up being transfer listed.

The same would apply if he was level 4 and then a target is reached, a concern would go down.

I ain't saying this would be a fool proof system in balancing up the setup's and you'd see higher ranked players moving more freely between clubs and their will be people who wouldn't want to lose players. But i think it would be better than the current model in place and this would effect every team/manager which could only be a good thing.

If anyone has any idea's along the same lines, or wishes to fine tune mine, i welcome it. As it's about users on here sharing ideas for direction of the game they wish it to take. So the more who have an input good or bad, is only positive in my eyes.

90 rated players wouldn't gain concerns. Should be about the Elite players of the game 91 rated upwards

Re: Player ambition concerns

Now i know before i even start explaining how the system might work people will shout it down as it could lead them to lose their star players. But i feel if it is correctly implemented into the game then it could give new life setups and stop managers/teams not being punished for finishing near the bottom of the league or in the bottom division but yet can keep their star players.

Over time when you take over a team you start to build a team' date=' improving the squad with higher ranked players as you progress. Which is only natural as you want to try and work your way up through the leagues, get into europe or win a cup.

What i don't understand is the system where you could buy Messi being West ham but once he is there, the only way he could ever leave the club is by either gaining player concerns, being sold or when the manager leaves. So you could with time have the gameworld where Messi could be playing in the bottom division with West ham and still be happy playing for them, that doesn't make sense.

If you start to sign players which clearly are better than the rest in your team average, then you are trying to make that next step up the ladder in climbing the leagues, aiming to get into Europe or win something.

I'm not saying Managers/teams should have a cap in which players they can sign, as managers should always be able to sign any player they wish, that should never change.

But by signing better players the manager needs to accept that to keep that player happy, then set targets need to be reached each season.

For example

Players should have an ambition concern which would work on if they feel the club should be finishing in the top ten, getting into europe, or winning a cup over a set period of time. So if a 94+ player is at a club where they are just finishing mid table season after season, then it would make sense for that player to start to develop concerns that the club isn't matching his ambition. So when he starts to develop concerns it would give the manager chance to try and improve his squad to reach the target and remove the concern the 94 rated player might of developed. Now I'm sure the opinion to address concerns with a big bonus would still be there for any ambition concern's, just like it is with lack of games.

But once that player over a period of time hit level 5 for ambition concerns, then he would be transfer listed and anyone else from that gameworld would be able to put a bid in for him.

I think it would help create a positive flow of transfers between clubs that have higher rated players, instead of a set number of clubs just keeping all the best talent for themselfs.

I think once players signed are 91 or above then players ambition targets should be implemented

90-91 top ten finish

92-94 getting into European

95+ Top ten finish, getting into European, challenging for the league, winning a cup

So if them targets weren't being reached by the team over a 3 season period then the player would gain concerns and end up being transfer listed.

The same would apply if he was level 4 and then a target is reached, a concern would go down.

I ain't saying this would be a fool proof system in balancing up the setup's and you'd see higher ranked players moving more freely between clubs and their will be people who wouldn't want to lose players. But i think it would be better than the current model in place and this would effect every team/manager which could only be a good thing.

If anyone has any idea's along the same lines, or wishes to fine tune mine, i welcome it. As it's about users on here sharing ideas for direction of the game they wish it to take. So the more who have an input good or bad, is only positive in my eyes.[/quote']

I agree with this, I've seenessi relegated to div 2 in a forum ec. That can't happen. I think its a great idea to make sure people with great players play great tactics, otherwise their players leave, you can always just get another good player awhen another team doeant meet his expectations so it would increase transfer activity.

I wanted to make a post about this too.

i see managers who control top teams to be either careless or just dont care and their team is finishing near the bottom or even relegated.

I believe the game would be much more interesting if your top players grow concerns if you dont qualify for international competitions and what i would also find great is for the top players to request either a trade or to be loaned out in case the team is being relegated.

Yep I agree with this. Would be a great step in improving the concern system if something along these lines was brought in.

At the moment concerns seem to be more geared towards evening out teams in each set up but the reality is that the best players gravitate towards the best teams and players in the highest rating bracket shouldn't be satisfied playing for sides who never challenge for the title.

Been thinking this weekend how a system could be designed for it to work. It would work on at the start of the season any star players you have will tell you what they hope to achieve in the season, be that top ten, europe etc

It would be a case of linking the player data within your team to the club standings. So that points get awarded to the player coding wise, what the club does during that season. If you finish in the top ten you go into Europe so the marker for clubs is in place. SM knows if you finish in the top 4 you go into SMFA champions cup, so the data is there and kept current with teams that qualify for that comp. This would just be linked to high ranked players. Where depending on the rating they have the more points they have to get during the season to keep them happy.

example settings

finish in top ten = 2 points

top four = 4 points

Win cup = 4 points

Win league = 6 points

So if you had a 93 rated player at the start of the season he would say, i wanna be playing in europe, so the target for you as a manager would be to get into the top ten, otherwise the next season he will develop concerns over the club ambition.

The basic rule would be that any player rated 91+ would have to try and reach two or more points each season to keep them happy. I've removed it applying to 90 rated players as just far to many and would cause madness.

Yep I agree with this. Would be a great step in improving the concern system if something along these lines was brought in.

At the moment concerns seem to be more geared towards evening out teams in each set up but the reality is that the best players gravitate towards the best teams and players in the highest rating bracket shouldn't be satisfied playing for sides who never challenge for the title.

Your second paragraph is what would put me off the idea. Introducing concerns based on ambitions would mean that the big teams could poach all of the top players and the mid-table/lower teams would be left to fight for the scraps.

Sometimes suggestions which make the game more realistic are good, other times they only put people off it. In real life football it is rare for a mid-table team to suddenly start challenging for titles. Not even to mention a team gaining promotion to then challenge for a title in the higher league. It doesn't happen. Why would people choose to manage a smaller team if they knew that they wouldn't be able to attract the best players and would eventually reach a point where they can't improve the team any further?

I personally think this will put off a lot of people selecting smaller teams' date=' I dont recommend it.[/quote']

I can see that argument and it's a fair point. The focus in my opinon should be about building a team not just having 1 or 2 star names. A small club starting with an average of 84 can with time build up their average rating to 90. As by building a stronger team means you want to try and aim for something, even if it's getting into europe. I've done it myself countless times only really getting a 93 rated player when i had the finances to pay for him wages wise. Big or small you should be trying to balance the books of the club. If you do well in the league or cup, you get more money which helps fund your wages. As having two players on £56k a game and not having the funds coming in each week, will only put your club in the red. Which means he can't make any more transfers which forces some managers to quit. It would make managers more aware of how the game works, handling finances, applying tactics.

I don't the point in a manager trading to 91 players for a 94 rated via player exchange other than, i've got this player till i leave the setup, no matter how i perform. As there isn't any point in my opinion in having a 94 rated striker without having a good midfield to create the chances. Or having one 93 rated defender paired with two 87's in a back line of three, the other two will let him down. When he could of had three players rated 90 which would do a better job over a season.

It would also give every manager a chance to sign other players if they got transfer listed, not let a hand full of clubs keep all the best players. If Liverpool in a setup won the league then in the following season finished 12th. It would make sense for players to say, I wanna be playing in europe and if this target isn't being reached then i'll leave. The days of players sticking at a club think and thin are very rare these days. Players can move more freely and have more control over clubs with their agents and winks from other clubs. It's like Suarez he's said in the past, he wants to be playing in the champions league. Liverpool won't be in europe next season so even if Suarez stays at Liverpool his concerns will still be there and even rise if liverpool finish outside the European places again. Which would lead him to wanna leave the club.

Don't agree with this, Similar suggestions down the years of this kind, don't think SM will ever introduce a feature which forces manager to sell their best players because the team is "under achieving"

if a manager is "under achieving" with suarez & must release him in "exchange" for a lesser player, that club is only made weaker and a already more successfull team will be made stronger.

You get good players on SM by usnig the market the correct way, not like in real life were the big clubs continually and easily sign the best players.. (Smaller/less successful) are always forced to sell due to player demands/contracts running down etc etc

In real life even good sides like atletico madrid liverpool dortmund and napoli can't keep their best players, such a shame really, wouldn't like anythink like that on SM.

Re: Re: Player ambition concerns

Your second paragraph is what would put me off the idea. Introducing concerns based on ambitions would mean that the big teams could poach all of the top players and the mid-table/lower teams would be left to fight for the scraps.

Sometimes suggestions which make the game more realistic are good' date=' other times they only put people off it. In real life football it is rare for a mid-table team to suddenly start challenging for titles. Not even to mention a team gaining promotion to then challenge for a title in the higher league. It doesn't happen. Why would people choose to manage a smaller team if they knew that they wouldn't be able to attract the best players and would eventually reach a point where they can't improve the team any further?[/quote']

^

What he said.

This feature will simply increase player hogging of the big clubs and penalize way too much the managers of small clubs. In a very short time, the big clubs will be able to hoard the best players from small clubs and eventually the small/mid ones will be weakened with no strong player aviable on the market. Thus unbalancing the odds in favor of big clubs more and more, with many managers leaving SM.

^

What he said.

This feature will simply increase player hogging of the big clubs and penalize way too much the managers of small clubs. In a very short time' date=' the big clubs will be able to hoard the best players from small clubs and eventually the small/mid ones will be weakened with no strong player aviable on the market. Thus unbalancing the odds in favor of big clubs more and more, with many managers leaving SM.[/quote']

No it won't because sm is not real life. Smaller teams regularly win forum ecs. In 2933 Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool and unites have all been relegated with arsenal close thos year. Any player with the correct tactics can make a smaller team great, and appease their players. This would make bigger clubs more hungry to he successful or lose all their players.

another case is my Forest Green Rovers in 7777 - a 5 division EC, 100% full setup most of the times. Now i have got them to div 3 in 5 seasons, have a couple 90 players i have signed early and watched there rating develop (Burak Yilmaz) now it would be appalling if they had to leave because i wasnt 'achieving' enough back to back promotions.

you would turn the game towards the 'trading manager' setup, constantly having to find players to replace ones you have to sell to the top division clubs, and when such smaller clubs do get promoted, they will be miles behind in terms of squad ability with no way of leveling the field. Just creates a even greater gulf in sides strength which IMO makes lesser sides very unattractive to new managers joining setups, and also would drive managers away from setups by having to release there best players.

The only possible way that could work is in conjunction with either squad caps for the top clubs ie 25 players

OR tighter wage restrictions ie a wage budget

OR advanced player concerns at the 'better/higher average rated clubs' meaning players not being played will become unhappier much faster and request moves away for first team football.

[JMH]another case is my Forest Green Rovers in 7777 - a 5 division EC, 100% full setup most of the times. Now i have got them to div 3 in 5 seasons, have a couple 90 players i have signed early and watched there rating develop (Burak Yilmaz) now it would be appalling if they had to leave because i wasnt 'achieving' enough back to back promotions.

I accept that and added an update to the idea on another post ruling out 90 rated players as it would just cause madness in GW. It should only be for Elite 91+ players where the ambition concerns would then kick in. I'll amend the OP.

[Cam Lucas]No it won't because sm is not real life. Smaller teams regularly win forum ecs. In 2933 Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool and unites have all been relegated with arsenal close thos year. Any player with the correct tactics can make a smaller team great, and appease their players. This would make bigger clubs more hungry to he successful or lose all their players.

I agree with this, it would return the focus on the team and how tactics are used. Having the best players doesn't mean you'll win the league you could finish in the bottom 3 because you choose to just use the very attacking method every game. It would make managers want to learn how to use best tactics for the squad he has and instead of most managers just using 4 2 3 1.

Plus no 1 team is going to win leagues and cups, season after season. It just doesn't happen maybe in a GW of about 5 managers you'd get one team with all the players. But within competitive setups, managers would then have to keep on their toes, to get the best of out their team or their best players could get ambition concerns

well mate,

if you don't mind me jumping into this topic as well, i feel that there is no need to suggest another form of concerns in order to balance out the playing field. I understand your idea and concept and i think it is innovative and realistic but i just felt that another way to do this without having to introduce something new again is to increase the speed at which concerns escalate.

For example, in one of my gameworld, the Barcelona team has a first team of 33 players (with average rating of 92), 7 youth team members and 56 players out on loan.

This is a serious case of player hogging but what is appalling to me that after at least one full season, the highest level of concern that the manager has to face is only a level 3 concern for being loaned out (Balotelli). This is that kind of situation where the talents are being locked up in one (or a few) team(s) and the rest of the gameworld is deprived of it.

To solve this, if majority of the 56 loaned out players demands a transfer due to the various concerns reasons, i think there is quite a lot of talents to be shared around.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Roy