Which is the best League in the World?

Hyina

Which is the best League in the World?  

3 members have voted

1. 1.

Re: Which is the best League in the World?

Every league is characterized by something which makes it unique .

I love watching them all.

I voted for La Liga simply because I must choose one :P , and to be honest , Spain winning everything for 5 years now , affected my opinion .

Peace out B)

I expect a war here.

Which is exactly why I posted this: the more heated it gets' date=' more people will come, more will post and before you know it, it's WW3Online :P

---

It all started in one of my, ah, [i']other[/i] threads :o

If you have the money then take a punt on the pair of them.

I prefer Hoffmann at present' date=' he is playing in possibly the best league in the world, granted for a mid table side, but he is young and at a club where he will get plenty game time and hopefully progress as a consequence.

[/color']

Before you even start' date=' no I'm not singling you out again :P I quote anyone who says something I disagree with, sort of ;)

My argument (just 1 line really): IMO, right now the Bundesliga is even less competitive than La Liga (you don't see Barcelona buying Casillas, Ronaldo, or Ramos off Real Madrid do you?), how can it be possibly the best league in the world? :)[/quote']

Yeah' date='so if RvP went to United it means that PL isn't the best league in the world,or what?God,some of you make me laugh sometimes and you just managed to do that.Accept it or not,Bundesliga is the best financial league at the moment and is finally paying off.[/quote']

Which is exactly why I posted this: the more heated it gets' date=' more people will come, more will post and before you know it, it's WW3Online :P

---

Have been busy lately, so just tracking that thread again and I got it why you made this poll(you poll freak :P).

Simply choose Bundesliga, like Lebanon said, it comes down to personal preference mainly, and to be honest I little bit disagree with EPL as best league in the world, most entertaining I'd say, not the best.

And then again, the word "best" could contain any definition such as technical play, tactical, atmosphere, financial, etc. So I personally don't think there's truly one league that become best of all.

Remembering in my childhood in 90's and early 2000's I always looking forward to watching a team like Lazio, Roma, or Inter on tv and look at Serie A now :o

And then again' date=' the word "best" could contain any definition such as technical play, tactical, atmosphere, financial, etc. So I personally don't think there's truly one league that become best of all.[/quote']

Do not give Hyina the idea to specify it! It will only lead to another set of polls!

On topic: Voted Premier League, easily the best league imo.

Yeah' date='so if RvP went to United it means that PL isn't the best league in the world,or what?God,some of you make me laugh sometimes and you just managed to do that.Accept it or not,Bundesliga is the best financial league at the moment and is finally paying off.[/quote']

1. EPL isn't a 2 team league. Arsenal doesn't even make it into the top 3 sides in England.

2. Arsenal hasn't been United's main rival for the last 5 years. Chelsea and more recently, City have.

3. Bayern buying Gotze off Dortmund isn't the exact same thing with Man United/City buying RVP off Arsenal. Arsenal's main transfer strategy has always been to buy young and sell old (except for the last couple of seasons). Even without United/City coming in he would have moved on anyway. Whereas Gotze is one of the hottest talents in Europe right now and any normal team would be desperate to hold on to these kind of players. Also, the main reason RVP left Arsenal was because they haven't had silverware for absolute yonks, Dortmund just won the Bundesliga back to back, and is now in the final of UCL, by stealing their arguably second best player and about to steal their best player, Bayern is obviously destroying what little competition they have domestically (I call it 'little' because this season, while Lewandowski and Gotze are still at Dortmund, they've been totally outperformed by Bayern in the league). RVP left Arsenal as their best player, but only as their best player during last season, before that he has never had a fully fit campaign nor scored that many goals. Arsenal coped before that Super-RVP-Season, and they are still coping after that Super-RVP-Season. (and if you look at this season's Man U Vs Arsenal games compared to last season, while RVP was at Arsenal, arguably Arsenal has been better in this season than last). Gotze and likely Lewandowski both moving to Bayern will just increase that gap in class between the 2 sides this season and increase the gap between Bayern and the rest of the Bundesliga by a mile. If that's not an uncompetitive league, I don't know what is. :rolleyes: (as I have said before, you don't see Barca buying the likes of Ozil, Varane, Ronaldo off Real Madrid do you?)

4. I can't argue against your financial point/claim. Somebody-else will have to agree/disagree with that. But: 1) Isn't Bayern backed by the Govenment or something like that? So they'll never go into administration (I HEARD this somewhere, after the buying of Martinez, so I DON'T know if its true or total bull). 2) Financially, Arsenal are undoubtly the most superior/best side in RPL, so does that make them the best club in the country?

1. EPL isn't a 2 team league. Arsenal doesn't even make it into the top 3 sides in England.

2. Arsenal hasn't been United's main rival for the last 5 years. Chelsea and more recently' date=' City have.

3. Bayern buying Gotze off Dortmund isn't the exact same thing with Man United/City buying RVP off Arsenal. Arsenal's main transfer strategy has always been to buy young and sell old (except for the last couple of seasons). Even without United/City coming in he would have moved on anyway. Whereas Gotze is one of the hottest talents in Europe right now and any normal team would be desperate to hold on to these kind of players. Also, the main reason RVP left Arsenal was because they haven't had silverware for absolute yonks, Dortmund just won the Bundesliga back to back, and is now in the final of UCL, by stealing their arguably second best player and about to steal their best player, Bayern is obviously destroying what little competition they have domestically (I call it 'little' because this season, while Lewandowski and Gotze are still at Dortmund, they've been totally outperformed by Bayern in the league). RVP left Arsenal as their best player, but only as their best player during last season, before that he has never had a fully fit campaign nor scored that many goals. Arsenal coped before that Super-RVP-Season, and they are still coping after that Super-RVP-Season. (and if you look at this season's Man U Vs Arsenal games compared to last season, while RVP was at Arsenal, arguably Arsenal has been better in this season than last). Gotze and likely Lewandowski both moving to Bayern will just increase that gap in class between the 2 sides this season and increase the gap between Bayern and the rest of the Bundesliga by a mile. If that's not an uncompetitive league, I don't know what is. :rolleyes: (as I have said before, you don't see Barca buying the likes of Ozil, Varane, Ronaldo off Real Madrid do you?)

4. I can't argue against your financial point/claim. Somebody-else will have to agree/disagree with that. But: 1) Isn't Bayern backed by the Govenment or something like that? So they'll never go into administration (I HEARD this somewhere, after the buying of Martinez, so I DON'T know if its true or total bull). 2) Financially, Arsenal are undoubtly the most superior/best side in RPL, so does that make them the best club in the country?[/quote']

1.Neither Bundesliga.A newly promoted team was in competition for UCL untill a few turns ago.Same story with Gladbach who was almost relegated preivously and managed to sneak a 4th place.Not going to say about VFB/Wolfsburg's titles...or Schalke 50 years run without a title when they lost it because of Borussia in alst round

2.We still consider Arsenal a good team in PL,aren't we?

3.Dortmund sold some of the best players every year.Sahin,Kagawa and now Gotze and probably Lewa.We got Ilkay Gunodgan to replace Sahin,proved to be better.We got Marco Reus,proved to be better once again.Gotze will probably be replaced by De Bruyne or another top player and Lewa by Dzeko most probably.This might turn INTO BETTER because Dortmund can finally buy some damn good backups which they'll do in the summer.Let's do not forget that Dortmund was almost gone from first stage of European football in 2005/2006..Also Reus will take that 'star' spot left by Gotze which might turn into a better thing aswell.So all good my friend,as long as Klopp is still there.Dortmund will exist forever because of the Sudtribune,no matter who leaves.

4.Financial stability is the most important thing nowdays.Every club from Bundesliga is on ++++ from what I remember.I think most of Ligue I clubs are on +++ aswell.

My point: Bundesliga is the most complete league in the world(Financial stability-Competition-Fans) and I have no doubts about it.My post gonna get slaughtered as this is a english based forum..but I honestly don't give a shi! !!

Didnt realise fans and financial stability are the core of what makes a league the best ;)

Every single club from Ligue I and Bundesliga should go and spent crazy amounts on a few players and be on - after?This will pay off in a few years.Believed you got a brain to think about the future aswell,I was wrong(No problem anyway).Do you prefer a league dominated by arabians?Is it PL anymore?Fans are the most important thing in football...No fans,no football IMO.No matter what club you are.

Every single club from Ligue I and Bundesliga should go and spent crazy amounts on a few players and be on - after?This will pay off in a few years.Believed you got a brain to think about the future aswell' date='I was wrong(No problem anyway).Do you prefer a league dominated by arabians?Is it PL anymore?Fans are the most important thing in football...No fans,no football IMO.No matter what club you are.[/quote']

It was said in tongue and cheek, on the wind up a little. I love the bundesliga and the setup of the league, the clubs and the support. I just feel you have to consider more than the financial stability and fans.

Ofcourse the stability of clubs is paramount to the future, slowly but surely things are being addressed by the vast amount of clubs (especially my club), dont get me wrong its a long way behind Bundesliga but it will never be the same, to much money comes into the EPL and its to far gone to ever be like the bundesliga. Dominated by arabians? Slight exaggeration there, although lets talk foreign owners (im guessing thats what you meant), Id prefer English / British owners but i dont see why that would make the league any stronger. So its a mute point. Fans are the most important thing, but we still have fans, really passionate fans who are just slightly less talented in orchestrating awesome masterpieces like Dortmund :D

Quote Hancock:

EPL is over-rated, BL is the second best but its only won the UCL this season whereas La Liga has won it thrice in the last 7-8 years. Not bothered to reply on the thread as there'll be a bunch of replies, the majority of which won't have reason and I'm not in a mood for a debate.

I'd argue it is because the 2 spanish clubs, especially Barca, have been dominating the domestic league so much that they have no problem playing a whole side of 2nd XI players, therefore have the ability to rest first XI players for the CL matches, avoiding injuries and suspensions etc.

So usually those that play in the CL are Barca/Real's best players, fully fit, without injuries. Whereas in leagues like EPL, to some extent BL, and Serie A, clubs cannot just throw a string of second teamers for a league match easily, if they are wary of the competition (which is much stronger than LL in the past 7-8 years). So usually those best players, when they play in UCL, would have had 3 days to rest before another major match, more likely to be fatigued, injured and form wouldn't be the same in the CL. THUS their teams do not get far in the competition.

---

I have to kind of agree with you. Bundesliga is internally little competitive at the moment, there is a wide and resembles much La Liga in that respect. However, their best clubs are competitive externally, by which I mean that its top clubs are really top clubs in all Europe, and while its worst clubs may be outright lousy, its mid-table clubs are arguably internationally competitive. The question you rise here concerns the internal competitiveness between the clubs in the league, and external competitiveness of the clubs in the league against the clubs in other leagues. Maybe it is a mark of something that Bayern won Barcelona by 7 goals aggregate, but Barcelona won the 3rd placed Leverkusen by 8 goals aggregate just year before.

If you like internal competitiveness, Ligue 1 is your league. Unpredictable, even league, where any team can win any team and there has been massive movement of positions within the league during season. PSG has lost to the bottom table clubs and title is not decided yet with just three rounds to go. And chances are, it is not decided with 2 rounds left, as PSG will play at Lyon this round. Perhaps Serie A second in order. If you think of external competitiveness, Bundesliga might just be it right now and even more in future.

Combined, well you get a hunch from the fact that the traffic is from France to Germany, not the other way round. Meanwhile, Bastos being immense success in Germany signals that the opposition is generally easier there than in Ligue 1, but that's anecdotal. I would probably say that quality wise it is Bundesliga, but only due to the top that makes the league really uneven. Moreover, I think that lack of internal competitiveness signals general lack of quality. All small leagues are internally uncompetitive. In any event, as I really like the league to be competitive internally, because I enjoy watching tight, competitive matches, and the general difference in quality between Bundesliga and Ligue 1 is low (excluding the German extreme top that is top of the world), I prefer watching Ligue 1. To any league.

I have to kind of agree with you. Bundesliga is internally little competitive at the moment' date=' there is a wide and resembles much La Liga in that respect. However, their best clubs are competitive externally, by which I mean that its top clubs are really top clubs in all Europe, and while its worst clubs may be outright lousy, its mid-table clubs are arguably internationally competitive. The question you rise here concerns the internal competitiveness between the clubs in the league, and external competitiveness of the clubs in the league against the clubs in other leagues. Maybe it is a mark of something that Bayern won Barcelona by 7 goals aggregate, but Barcelona won the 3rd placed Leverkusen by 8 goals aggregate just year before.

If you like internal competitiveness, Ligue 1 is your league. Unpredictable, even league, where any team can win any team and there has been massive movement of positions within the league during season. PSG has lost to the bottom table clubs and title is not decided yet with just three rounds to go. And chances are, it is not decided with 2 rounds left, as PSG will play at Lyon this round. Perhaps Serie A second in order. If you think of external competitiveness, Bundesliga might just be it right now and even more in future.

Combined, well you get a hunch from the fact that the traffic is from France to Germany, not the other way round. Meanwhile, Bastos being immense success in Germany signals that the opposition is generally easier there than in Ligue 1, but that's anecdotal. I would probably say that quality wise it is Bundesliga, but only due to the top that makes the league really uneven. Moreover, I think that lack of internal competitiveness signals general lack of quality. All small leagues are internally uncompetitive. In any event, as I really like the league to be competitive internally, because I enjoy watching tight, competitive matches, and the general difference in quality between Bundesliga and Ligue 1 is low (excluding the German extreme top that is top of the world), I prefer watching Ligue 1. To any league.[/quote']

Bastos immense in Germany?Is that a joke?He's simply average.He only knows to shot with his left,though he has a decent shot with the left

I can't even believe 50% of people don't vote for the english league...

That's why we must be careful when reading advices from other forums i figure...

I mean come on.... Germany?

Ok Bayern kicks ass to everyone

Ok Dortmund is also a very good team, but what's behind that? Shalke, Wolfsburg etc... Seriously....Any decent team (decent would be 90 average i guess) can arrive 3rd in this league.

Manchester United

Manchester City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Liverpool

Everton

Try finishing 3rd against them with a "decent team"...

Premier League for me.

Purely because every game, no matter whether its two top teams or two teams in the relegation zone, the game is always enternating, great pace and aggresion. I've seen some games from the bottom sides of Serie A and La Liga and its hard to watch, the English Championship produces better games than the bottom of those divisions.

Im not really a fan of any of those leagues really. I watch the big games like Milan Derby, Bayern - Dortmund, Madrid and Barca but the other clubs, partically in Italy and Spain are awful.

My second favorite league is Brazil. Great entertainment, and lots of skills. And theres always different teams winning the league.