Which is the best League in the World?

Hyina

Which is the best League in the World?  

3 members have voted

1. 1.

Re: Which is the best League in the World?

Go and propose to UEFA to make a double-leg so they will play 4 games instead of 2.

Actually Hyina has got a point . You can not judge based on 1 or 2 matches

But unfortunately nothing else can be made

Peace out B)

Semi final first leg Bayern 4 - 0 Barca Second leg Barca 0 - 3 Bayern

Quarter final First leg Bayern 2 - 0 Juve Second leg Juve 0 - 2 Bayern

Ist knock out round Arsenal 1 - 3 Bayern Second leg Bayern 0 - 2 Arsenal

See what i'm getting at? And bearing in mind how highly people rated Juve and Barca before hand. And take out the first suicidal 20 minutes in the first leg and Arsenal won the last 160 3-1. If Vermaelen hadn't played in the first leg, Arsenal go through, in my opinion. Don't underestimate their performance over the two legs.

Exactly my thoughts..

But the Prem maybe the most interesting and exciting' date='but don't think it's the best league at this moment..[/quote']

^^This

Love watching the EPL but it ain't the best right now. 7 out of the last 8 English entries in the CL haven't made it past the round of 16.

1. EPL isn't a 2 team league. Arsenal doesn't even make it into the top 3 sides in England.

2. Arsenal hasn't been United's main rival for the last 5 years. Chelsea and more recently' date=' City have.

3. Bayern buying Gotze off Dortmund isn't the exact same thing with Man United/City buying RVP off Arsenal. Arsenal's main transfer strategy has always been to buy young and sell old (except for the last couple of seasons). Even without United/City coming in he would have moved on anyway. Whereas Gotze is one of the hottest talents in Europe right now and any normal team would be desperate to hold on to these kind of players. Also, the main reason RVP left Arsenal was because they haven't had silverware for absolute yonks, Dortmund just won the Bundesliga back to back, and is now in the final of UCL, by stealing their arguably second best player and about to steal their best player, Bayern is obviously destroying what little competition they have domestically (I call it 'little' because this season, while Lewandowski and Gotze are still at Dortmund, they've been totally outperformed by Bayern in the league). RVP left Arsenal as their best player, but only as their best player during last season, before that he has never had a fully fit campaign nor scored that many goals. Arsenal coped before that Super-RVP-Season, and they are still coping after that Super-RVP-Season. (and if you look at this season's Man U Vs Arsenal games compared to last season, while RVP was at Arsenal, arguably Arsenal has been better in this season than last). Gotze and likely Lewandowski both moving to Bayern will just increase that gap in class between the 2 sides this season and increase the gap between Bayern and the rest of the Bundesliga by a mile. If that's not an uncompetitive league, I don't know what is. :rolleyes: (as I have said before, you don't see Barca buying the likes of Ozil, Varane, Ronaldo off Real Madrid do you?)

4. I can't argue against your financial point/claim. Somebody-else will have to agree/disagree with that. But: 1) Isn't Bayern backed by the Govenment or something like that? So they'll never go into administration (I HEARD this somewhere, after the buying of Martinez, so I DON'T know if its true or total bull). 2) Financially, Arsenal are undoubtly the most superior/best side in RPL, so does that make them the best club in the country?[/quote']

1. Neither is the Bundesliga, we had more different champions in the last decade than England.

2. Dortmund hasn't been Bayern's rival the last 5 years either. If you look back at Bundesliga history, you will see that there has always been on team that rivaled Bayern for a few years before disappearing again only for another one to emerge.

3. How is it stealing? Bayern has always had one philosophy and that is having the best German players play at their team. Götze is arguably the biggest German talent right now hence they wanted him.

4.1 Arguably the most ridiculous thing I have heard recently. No idea where you got that from but there is absolutely zero substance to it

Exactly my thoughts..

But the Prem maybe the most interesting and exciting' date='but don't think it's the best league at this moment..[/quote']

Most interesting is subjective. But good for you by admitting it's not the best! :D

^^This

Love watching the EPL but it ain't the best right now. 7 out of the last 8 English entries in the CL haven't made it past the round of 16.

1. Neither is the Bundesliga' date=' [/quote']

So ...........Is it La Liga :D

Peace out B)

Semi final first leg Bayern 4 - 0 Barca Second leg Barca 0 - 3 Bayern

Quarter final First leg Bayern 2 - 0 Juve Second leg Juve 0 - 2 Bayern

Ist knock out round Arsenal 1 - 3 Bayern Second leg Bayern 0 - 2 Arsenal

See what i'm getting at? And bearing in mind how highly people rated Juve and Barca before hand. And take out the first suicidal 20 minutes in the first leg and Arsenal won the last 160 3-1. If Vermaelen hadn't played in the first leg' date=' Arsenal go through, in my opinion. Don't underestimate their performance over the two legs.[/quote']

Conclusion: Wenger is the best manager in the world;)

Premier League for me.

Purely because every game' date=' no matter whether its two top teams or two teams in the relegation zone, the game is always enternating, great pace and aggresion[/b']. I've seen some games from the bottom sides of Serie A and La Liga and its hard to watch, the English Championship produces better games than the bottom of those divisions.

Im not really a fan of any of those leagues really. I watch the big games like Milan Derby, Bayern - Dortmund, Madrid and Barca but the other clubs, partically in Italy and Spain are awful.

My second favorite league is Brazil. Great entertainment, and lots of skills. And theres always different teams winning the league.

Now, it is a statistically proven that the whole "pace, aggression and physicality of EPL" thing is a myth of old times. Nowadays, it loses in aggression, speed of the game and physicality to Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 and especially to Bundesliga, which is the league with most aggressive pressing and fastest game these days. Ligue 1 is indubitably the most physical, but the teams play less aggressive pressing than in Bundesliga which makes Bundesliga more rapid.

Also, EPL is far from even. In fact, it has become a two horse race, with Manchester clubs on top, the top London trio after it, and huge difference to the bottom of the table. It is a league that constantly produces these 8-0 and 6-0 victories, matches you can stop watching after 30 minutes because it is already 3-0. Serie A matches between top and bottom clubs are more tight and often tactically interesting. The Bundesliga upper mid-table clashes are top entertainment if anything. If you talk of matches that are dire to watch, teams like Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, QPR and Reading come in mind. And I'm sure that the top of Championship produces better matches than QPR-Reading too. That's because the top of the Championship is its top, teams in confidence and competing for promotion. I assure you, top of Ligue 2 matches are better watch than the low table EPL clashes.

Since I never got a reply I thought I would copy and paste the post and put it in here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyina

Before you even start, no I'm not singling you out again I quote anyone who says something I disagree with, sort of

My argument (just 1 line really): IMO, right now the Bundesliga is even less competitive than La Liga (you don't see Barcelona buying Casillas, Ronaldo, or Ramos off Real Madrid do you?), how can it be possibly the best league in the world?

Again you have misquoted me, who said anything about competitive?

Check the UEFA coefficients rankings at the start of the current season to see which league was ranked where, it read like this:

1: England

2: Spain

3: Germany

By January I think it was, La Liga were top with the Premier League down to third. Not sure what it will be at the end of the season but Bundesliga could well be ranked first.

I think buying players from your rivals is irrelevent when discussing which league is the best, the top two teams in Germany are the UCL finalists, out classed the top two teams in Spain with English sides not even at the races.

Another forumer (Ashtini I think) came up with a fantastic point in another thread stating whenever Bayern Munichs backs have been against the wall they went out and bought.

In the early 2000's when Bayern were dominating nobody expected Werder Bremen to win the title in 2003-04 so Bayern go out and spend, win two consecutive titles then 06/07 against the odds Stuttgart win.

Munich go out and spend again (Luca Toni etc) win the title, what happens the following season? Against all the odds Wolfsburg win the Bundesliga.

Bayern then win in 2009/10 then it was

Dortmund who win back to back titles with Bayern winning again this season.

My point being that whenever Bayern seem to be THE force in Bundesliga a team against all the odds has surprised everyone.

Can you say La Liga or the Premier League out the big three throw up surprises like the Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen league title wins over the last 10 years?

The facts are there mate:

1: Coefficient rankings

2: Top two German teams in UCL final

3: Less predictable than the other big two leagues.

EPL over the last 10 years only winners are the ones you would class as the big 4 (granted Man City are only recently classed as one of the big 4) but then they only won it recently when they became a force.

La Liga over the last 10 years - Other than Valencia in 03/04 it has been either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Conclusion: Wenger is the best manager in the world;)

Conclusion; play your good players, don't play your terrible one even at left back where you think the damage is minimised. And drop people that are merely out of form (Szczesny).

Since I never got a reply I thought I would copy and paste the post and put it in here:

Quote:

Before you even start' date=' no I'm not singling you out again I quote anyone who says something I disagree with, sort of

My argument (just 1 line really): IMO, right now the Bundesliga is even less competitive than La Liga (you don't see Barcelona buying Casillas, Ronaldo, or Ramos off Real Madrid do you?), how can it be possibly the best league in the world?

Check the UEFA coefficients rankings at the start of the current season to see which league was ranked where, it read like this:

By January I think it was, La Liga were top with the Premier League down to third. Not sure what it will be at the end of the season but Bundesliga could well be ranked first.

I think buying players from your rivals is irrelevent when discussing which league is the best, the top two teams in Germany are the UCL finalists, out classed the top two teams in Spain with English sides not even at the races.

Another forumer ([b']Ashtini I think[/b]) came up with a fantastic point in another thread stating whenever Bayern Munichs backs have been against the wall they went out and bought.

In the early 2000's when Bayern were dominating nobody expected Werder Bremen to win the title in 2003-04 so Bayern go out and spend, win two consecutive titles then 06/07 against the odds Stuttgart win.

Munich go out and spend again (Luca Toni etc) win the title, what happens the following season? Against all the odds Wolfsburg win the Bundesliga.

My point being that whenever Bayern seem to be THE force in Bundesliga a team against all the odds has surprised everyone.

Can you say La Liga or the Premier League out the big three throw up surprises like the Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen league title wins over the last 10 years?

EPL over the last 10 years only winners are the ones you would class as the big 4 (granted Man City are only recently classed as one of the big 4) but then they only won it recently when they became a force.

La Liga over the last 10 years - Other than Valencia in 03/04 it has been either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

I think it was Mia pal.That was a top point though.

Quote:

Before you even start' date=' no I'm not singling you out again I quote anyone who says something I disagree with, sort of

Another forumer (Ashtini I think) came up with a fantastic point in another thread stating whenever Bayern Munichs backs have been against the wall they went out and bought.

To add to that a post of mine a while ago:

The part in bold is supporting what you have been saying. People see the teams, see the league and don't see anybody else challenging. It's wrong as teams have regularily come out of nowhere in the last decade.

If you want to go another 2 or 3 years back, Kaiserslautern won the league as a freshly promoted team!!

In the last 15 years' date=' 6 different teams have won the league title. Schalke was within seconds of winning the title (Bayern scored an indirect fk in the 94th minute inside the box to clinch a draw against Hamburg in the last match of the season and win the title) and the fact that Leverkusen bottled it on the last game day despite being 3 points up and you could have had 8 different teams in 15 years. Could have I know but it was very very close. Either way, 6 it is. England had 4 different teams winning the league in the last 15 years, so did Spain. So the gaps to the top are much bigger there.

The last 2 years Bayern has not won the league, in fact 2 years ago you had a surprise win from Dortmund. Nobody knew Hummels, Lewandowski 2 years ago. Before that you had surprise wins by Stuttgart or Wolfsburg. Bayern is the favourite to become champion year in year out for the last decades. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it is obv not that easy.

This year you have newly-promoted Frankfurt challenging for a CL spot with young Germans in their team nobody has heard of 1 or 2 years ago. You have Freiburg being able to get to 4th tomorrow with a win. A team that was at the halfway point mark of last season last-placed with 13 points and the worst goal difference and most conceded goals in the league.

You had Gladbach finishing in a CL-spot last year, the season before they just stayed in the league because they won the relegation/promotion play-off against the 3rd placed team of 2. Bundesliga. A team that went from worst defense to second-best defense within a season. A team that had Dante who is now the defense boss of one the best European teams and Reus who is one of the most promising players in the world battling relegation.

Yes, Bayern is smashing everybody this season. Bayern is hungry and ruthless. Bayern has the self-understanding of winning the Bundesliga title year in year out and got upstaged twice now by a Dortmund team. They were always gonna come back with incredible vengeance.

[b']From an outside point of view, it may well seem like this is gonna be the case for years now. But everybody with an understanding of the Bundesliga will know that it will be nowhere near as easy. The Bundesliga is still the most exciting and diversified league in the world. There may well be a team challenging for the title next season you'd never bet on at the moment. The season before Dortmund won it, they finished 5th. The season before Wolfsburg won it, they finished 5th. The season before Stuttgart won it, they finished 9th. The season before Bremen won it, they finished 6th.[/b]

In the last 5 years, the EPL had 6 different teams in the Top 4.

In the last 5 years, the Bundesliga had 11 different teams in the Top 4.

You are drawing conclusions regarding the Bundesliga way too prematurely. If Bayern win the league the next 3 years straight with a decent gap, we can talk again. But as of right now, it is imo wrong to take this season and conclude what you have been saying.

Please don't misquote me. I replied to 2 different posts and the first statement has nothing to with the first.

I know :D

Just messing with you . ;)

As I said in my first post here in this thread , no one can judge which is the best league .

Each one is different from the other .

Just enjoy watching them all , and who cares which one is the best .

Just enjoy.

Peace out B)

One could also say that the British teams follow the national team's inapt mentality in the big games (pen shoot-out reference). A comfortable City of last season playing attacking football that saw them beat Spurs 5-0 and United 6-1 would be a match to anybody in England. Arsenal' date=' when they actually have their foot firmly on the pedal from kick off, can be dangerous without Van Persie too (Munich away).

We can't judge the differences between the leagues by judging the difference between their respective teams, of which we can't judge either by using a single match or 2 as a reference of firm evidence. ;)[/quote']

You're welcome. This is precisely what tells us the superiority of La Liga and Bundesliga top clubs to their EPL counter parts. Some argue that it is just because most of the EPL matches are so uncompetitive that you don't have to develop tactically to beat foreign top clubs. There is something there, it is not that City lacked confidence, they had perhaps too much of it when playing against Bayern, then Dortmund, and so on. It is that their defenders clearly were not used to be pressed, their wide players didn't come to defence and when they came, they were physically unable to make it, their pressing on opponents half was non-existent, and so on. Maybe they had got it too easy in EPL. Of course, one factor is tactically inapt manager that Mancini is, but it doesn't explain everything.

Arsenal's success at Bayern, please recall that Bayern had 3 of their most important players sidelined. Ribéry is irreplaceable at Bayern, and Schweinsteiger almost, and when they are both away, it is like you took both Xavi and Messi out of Barcelona. Top clubs can deal with losses, but there are limits to what you can bear.

You're welcome. This is precisely what tells us the superiority of La Liga and Bundesliga top clubs to their EPL counter parts. Some argue that it is just because most of the EPL matches are so uncompetitive that you don't have to develop tactically to beat foreign top clubs. There is something there' date=' it is not that City lacked confidence, they had perhaps too much of it when playing against Bayern, then Dortmund, and so on. It is that their defenders clearly were not used to be pressed, their wide players didn't come to defence and when they came, they were physically unable to make it, their pressing on opponents half was non-existent, and so on. Maybe they had got it too easy in EPL. Of course, one factor is tactically inapt manager that Mancini is, but it doesn't explain everything.

Arsenal's success at Bayern, please recall that Bayern had 3 of their most important players sidelined. [b']Ribéry[/b] is irreplaceable at Bayern, and Schweinsteiger almost, and when they are both away, it is like you took both Xavi and Messi out of Barcelona. Top clubs can deal with losses, but there are limits to what you can bear.

Not really pal.It was a time when Ribery was more then 50% from Munich's game.ATM he isn't THAT important but his quality can decide a game.Nobody is vital to Munich atm simply because they got a squad with such a quality and sometimes you can't even see the difference between a few players from 2nd team and the players from 1st team.

EDIT: Bayern simply treated Arsenal unseriously and its good for them because it was against Arsenal after they won 3-1 on Emirates.They didn't same mistake against Juve and Barca

People seem to be comparing which team is better from one league to the other.

The thread asked the best league, so judge the leagues purely on the league games :confused: Because Bayern could beat any English team doesnt make the Bundesliga a better league :/

Look at the Whole league. The games in England are alot more competitive, which imo makes it the best.

Im gonna unsubscribe as you guys are just going in circles, so enjoy the pointless arguments :)

People seem to be comparing which team is better from one league to the other.

The thread asked the best league' date=' so judge the leagues purely on the league games :confused: Because Bayern could beat any English team doesnt make the Bundesliga a better league :/

Look at the [b']Whole[/b] league. The games in England are alot more competitive, which imo makes it the best.

Im gonna unsubscribe as you guys are just going in circles, so enjoy the pointless arguments :)

I'd much rather watch a Gladbach against Werder then a SToke against Newcastle.

when you start talking about CL/European matches, you are going off topic for the 'best league'...if your comparing how sides far against each other for how 'good' a league is in 'one-off occasions, maybe you should think about how for example the EPL 15th placed side would get on v Bundesligas 15th placed team?

IMO, it breaks down like this:

for entertainment, excitement its the EPL hands down. The relegation battle is just as enthralling as the race for 4th....compared to Bundesliga - i mean just 2 relegation spots filled by more or les the same clubs all season...thats boring....and they 'playoff' for the 3rd spot :rolleyes:

for structure and the best for 'fans', hands down Bundesliga....it is the model how all leagues in the world should be organised and run.

Serie A does have a degree of excitement for the CL places, but Juve have romped it this season....but meh, im not that interested in Italian football..

The worst is definitely La Liga. I actually detest it, and how anyone can call it the best league is way off......gulf in clubs is unfair due to completely outrageous distribution of wealth and television money, plus banks & government being lax with Barca & Reals awful finances..........finally pretty sure back handers are rife with teams in the bottom half towards the back end of the season....Levante are under scrutiny for there shocking 2nd half of the season, and rumours of clubs bidding against each other to throw matches.....

;2572271']for entertainment' date=' excitement its the EPL hands down. The relegation battle is just as enthralling as the race for 4th....compared to Bundesliga - i mean just 2 relegation spots filled by more or les the same clubs all season...thats boring....and they 'playoff' for the 3rd spot :rolleyes:

[/quote']

Bundesliga have their own entertainment though with insane comeback by Gladbach and Augsburg :P

And any BuLi fans could basically said the same thing about UCL spot in EPL though.

I can't even believe 50% of people don't vote for the english league...

That's why we must be careful when reading advices from other forums i figure...

I mean come on.... Germany?

Ok Bayern kicks ass to everyone

Ok Dortmund is also a very good team' date=' but what's behind that? Shalke, Wolfsburg etc... Seriously....Any decent team (decent would be 90 average i guess) can arrive 3rd in this league.

Manchester United

Manchester City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Liverpool

Everton

Try finishing 3rd against them with a "decent team"...[/quote']

Are you either trying to be funny or just trying to troll a rage posts from Bundesliga fans??

The only team in the top 7, worthy of competing against Bundesliga sides in the champions league is Liverpool, Man Utd and maybe Arsenal.

Man City and Chelsea are joke clubs run of benefactors with little history poor fan bases, who try to win everything with cash - this is a form of bribery in my book.

Everton hasnt won anything in 30 years, and Spurs are a one man team.

In contrast, Frankfurt has Inui, Meier, Rode and Schwegler, a team promoted going for 4th spot, Schalke have rarely finished outside the top 4/5, win their champions league group nearly every season,

Leverkusen have been in a couple of champions league finals similar to Monchengladbach,

and i havent even mentioned Borussia or Bayern!!

If as you say Schalke joined the premier league, they would easily challenge for top spot as they are better than 18/19 teams in Barclays prem!!

P.S the ratings in SM are heavily, heavily biased to Premier league and La liga's top 2.

This is all from me, a Premier league stern viewer for 16+ years!!

Barclays Prem is dieing of quality, because managers are being sacked like its going to snow tommorow, no stability, no local chairmans/owners, no chances being given to youth like Bundesliga and too many investments in foreigners by silly clubs like Man City, who won't make it in the real world.

They are just stopping the heart and soul of British Football i.e. Liverpool from contending against Europe's elite.

Without Liverpool, this discussion would'nt even be going on.

Liverpool are the only team, who have revolutionised English football, to be even considered up there against Bundesliga and La Liga!!

Liverpool created fierce rivarly from Man Utd and Arsenal, and the 3 remain the major pulls, as to why billions love the Barclays Prem.

Other than Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal, there are no major clubs in England that set the world a light. B)

Hart = Neuer

De Gea > Ter Stegen

Cech > Weindenfeller

Cesar > Adler

Begovic > Leno

Mignolet > Trapp

Not to metion Lloris' date=' Reina, Krul, Vorm

:o:p[/quote']

This is simplistic trolling at its finest.

Laughable comments from you so far mate.

Watching to much Premier league can make someone dizzy, especially if the quiality is so poor and diluted.

Premier league is becoming a joke league, the longer teams deny the biggest club in Britain a spot in the champions league. This is just my honest perspective. B)

Bundesliga have their own entertainment though with insane comeback by Gladbach and Augsburg :P

Or the fight for 4th spot(Schalke,Frankfurt,Freiburg).Not saying that before Hamburg(8 or 9th) vs Schalke(4th) the difference between them was just 2 points.

;2572271']when you start talking about CL/European matches' date=' you are going off topic for the 'best league'...if your comparing how sides far against each other for how 'good' a league is in 'one-off occasions, maybe you should think about how for example the EPL 15th placed side would get on v Bundesligas 15th placed team?

IMO, it breaks down like this:

for entertainment, excitement its the EPL hands down. The relegation battle is just as enthralling as the race for 4th....compared to Bundesliga - i mean just 2 relegation spots filled by more or les the same clubs all season...thats boring....and they 'playoff' for the 3rd spot :rolleyes:

for structure and the best for 'fans', hands down Bundesliga....it is the model how all leagues in the world should be organised and run.

Serie A does have a degree of excitement for the CL places, but Juve have romped it this season....but meh, im not that interested in Italian football..

The worst is definitely La Liga. I actually detest it, and how anyone can call it the best league is way off......gulf in clubs is unfair due to completely outrageous distribution of wealth and television money, plus banks & government being lax with Barca & Reals awful finances..........finally pretty sure back handers are rife with teams in the bottom half towards the back end of the season....Levante are under scrutiny for there shocking 2nd half of the season, and rumours of clubs bidding against each other to throw matches.....[/quote']

I'd tend to agree with you on the majority of points but the relegation remarks don't make a lot of sense.

Reading and QPR have occupied bottom 2 spots in EPL all season too.

Second-last Bundesliga team is 2 points away from safety, 3rd last Bundesliga team is tied on points with the safe team.

Second-last EPL team is 10 points away from safety, 3rd-last EPL team is 3 points away from safety.