Sign in to follow this  
Elohim

GC 321 - Discussions etc.

Re: GC 321 - Discussions etc.

Looks like this'll be a "bottom of the barrell" challenge then

:P Dean has taken over QPR and I've offered Reading to Noisy and West Brom to ashtini! Hopefully they'll join in and we can have some serious fun down here at the bottom ;):D

Looks like this'll be a "bottom of the barrell" challenge then

:P Dean has taken over QPR and I've offered Reading to Noisy and West Brom to ashtini! Hopefully they'll join in and we can have some serious fun down here at the bottom ;):D

I have no intentions of being among the bottom scrape, I'm Stoke - I'll just use a defensive hard tackling play with long balls on Crouch and Jones and I'll be fine. Oh and I'll pray that Begovic remains a brick wall infront of the net. :P

First and probably the only signing done!

Matthias GINTER has completed his move to Stoke City from Freiburg for 14,385,000. All other offers were turned down.

Was a big price to pay, but I'm just happy I managed to land a young talented player. Plus he's 1.88M so he'll fit right in at Stoke :P

In here as Lyon - wanted to try them in a GC again now Gourcuff's once again showing a bit of the class that made him the star at Bordeaux.

Made a few transfers keeping the team's French base - sold Lovren, Briand and Dabo but brought in Koscielny, Jallet, Alain Traore, Digne, Khazri, Kolodziejczak, Sasso and Bounou. Don't expect to change things too much now, quite happy with how the squad's looking.

And Richard ... I envy that Lyon side!

Thanks! Unless Lyon don't sign a goalkeeper over the season and Lopes keeps his place when Vercoutre gets back from injury, I'd say all we're missing is a goalkeeper.

Whether we can get anywhere close to PSG in the league or not is another thing.

QpR' date='Wigan,Reading,Stoke and West Brom are all controlled by forumers! England will be beastly! And Richard ... I envy that Lyon side![/quote']

Ashtini left West Brom though, or is the new manager a forumer aswell?

Either way Premiere league should be fun :)

Thanks! Unless Lyon don't sign a goalkeeper over the season and Lopes keeps his place when Vercoutre gets back from injury' date=' I'd say all we're missing is a goalkeeper.

Whether we can get anywhere close to PSG in the league or not is another thing.[/quote']

I'll probably be selling Begovíc or Butland next season when Butland comes back from his loan spell and I'll know if Begovíc moved to a top club.

I don't really need em both..

Just noticed I won Dragovic aswell!

Pretty happy with my two signings Dragovic and Ginter. Pretty much out of funds now so it's not likely I'll be bringing in more.

Not satisfied with my fullbacks, but maybe I should go with a 3-man defence in Shawcross - Dragovic - Ginter :)

Drop me a pm if you're interested in any of my players, now or pre-agreeing.

Nah, both Ash and Noisy left their respective teams -.- We've still got Forumers in at QPR,Wigan and Stoke tho .. Reading are unmanaged ... I'll snoop around and see wether or not I can find someone taking over Reading again!

As for deals ... I'll make a shorter writeup shortly!

Thought ill pop up in this English epl battle now I have seen this thread' date=' took over outsiders Reading hope for three signings in the next day or two who will help us fight the drop.[/quote']

Good to have you here, best of luck with Reading mate.

Good to have you here' date=' best of luck with Reading mate.[/quote']

Thanks for the welcome!

Just what is in store this season!!

The offer for Florent BALMONT of Lille OSC from Reading has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

(A 89 to help our push to stay in the league could be a key deal)

QPR are free lost there two best player due to some silly deals.

Honestly thought I was done dealing since the arrivals of Ginter and Dragovic as they ate up close to my entire budget, but got offered this player for a very reasonable price and just couldn't resist.

Marco ROJAS has completed his move to Stoke City

He's joined Stuttgart for next season, so all I can do is hope he'll get some minutes there and adapt well to the new league, and if he does this could prove to be a bargain.

Anyway, league is finally kicking off tonight and I've got one of the toughest games of the season right away in Spurs away. They've got a scary looking attack and midfield tbf.. Falcao, Di Maria, Khedira, Cazorla.... Honestly I'd be well pleased to get away with a draw here :)

I'm saving my money for when a certain clubs goes unmanaged ... then I'll eat em up :D

Good idea, I'm unfortunatly going to be broke when the first set of teams comes available to raid. But on the other hand, the way gc's works these days better and better teams will come available so I've got plenty of time to improve my Stoke :P

Good idea' date=' I'm unfortunatly going to be broke when the first set of teams comes available to raid. But on the other hand, the way gc's works these days better and better teams will come available so I've got plenty of time to improve my Stoke :P[/quote']

True, but I'm looking to take another approach with this Wigan side ... I'll slowly build it into a top 5 contender!

patrik olsson earned a draw with Stoke City against Tottenham Hotspur.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Stoke City and Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.

Jones was on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice start of the season, and I'm very pleased with Begovíc's performance tonight given his shaky pre-season, but tonight he was superb.

Not sure who's resposible for making the schedules but my first 3 league games are:

Tottenham(A)

Arsenal(H)

Chelsea(H)

That's just cruel! lol

Harry Redknapp was unable to prevent a Reading defeat to West Ham United.

Reading slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to West Ham United in their Division 1 fixture.

Not the best start but ow well now to pick up being the weakest squad lot to do this season.

Dragovic got a +1 to 88 today, good stuff!

He lost his DM position though, but it doesn't change anything for me as I have plenty of DM's and playing Dragovic next to Shawcross has always been my intention.

Lol I've got QPR (Wich I beat thanks to McManaman) ... then Swansea ... and then West Brom ...

:D

Yeah that's the kind of schedule you want to start with, just to make sure you're not at the bottom fighting for survival the first thing you do lol