Sign in to follow this  
Wave_Dweller

Squad rotation help

At the moment I have 2 lineups that I alternate, not only to keep the squad happy, but also to make sure all the players I play have 100% condition.

But I would prefer to play my strongest lineup EVERY game, like most clubs do in real life (with the odd change here and there)

How low should a player's condition drop before I leave them out of my lineup? Does anyone else play alternate lineups the way I do? Below are my 2 lineups, which are equal in quality:

92 - HART

(92)

91 - ADRIANO

94 - DE ROSSI

90 - MATHIEU

91 - BAINES

(366)

92 - VALENCIA

90 - CABAYE

93 - LAMPARD

90 - BEN ARFA

(365)

92 - LAVEZZI

91 - HERNANDEZ

(183)

*1006*

==========================

92 - HART

(92)

91 - ARBELOA

90 - RICHARDS

91 - LUIZ

92 - ALBA

(364)

91 - WALCOTT

94 - PIRLO

90 - OSCAR

92 - CAZORLA

(367)

92 - LEWANDOWSKI

91 - HULK

(183)

*1006*

Re: Squad rotation help

According to my experience, try to have the highest average rating possible from your team in every game. The rotation system you are doing is wasting that high rating. Both your teams have AvR of 91.45, although you can have a max AvR of 92.27 (or total of 1015 instead of 1006) using that same tactic.

You are also wasting a lot of wage money on all those high rated players. My best practice advice is to have 14 top rated players (starting XI + 1D/1M/1F used as subs during matches or injuries). Then have another squad of 87/88 promising players and maybe 2 or 3 young talents below 80 who might rise and are used to generate money by buying them cheap and selling them after they raise (needs a bit of scouting and/or searching the forum).

Condition is also important and I usually don't play anyone under 90% and instead chose the player in the same position with lower rating (from the 87/88 squad).

Another piece of advice, try to keep player moral high by offering new contracts for everybody each season (even if they still have some years remaining in their contracts).