Players from the Balkans

Jasenjin

Here's some info on players from Serbian Super League.

The players that might deserve some increase this season are Milan Smiljanic (CM/20/84), Stevan Jovetic (F/17/83), Nenad Marinkovic (AM/F/18/81), Nebojsa Marinkovic (AM/21/85), Igor Burzanovic (AM/F/22/85), and maybe Marko Markovski (F/21/80) and Borko Veselinovic (F/21/80).

O.K. ley's start from the beggining

Milan Smiljanic (CM/20/84) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan_Smiljani%C4%87 definitely deserve better ratings. He has been the most reliable and the most consistent player for Partizan Belgrade last season. He moved to RCD Espanyol (Spain) at the beggining of this season and he's already in their starting line-up. Also, he made his debut for Serbia National team last week and there's no doubt that he'll stay there.

Stevan Jovetic (F/17/83) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevan_Joveti%C4%87 is a wunderkind. He did got his increase in the last rating change (+2), but I'm telling you, this kid is crazy. He cement his place in the starting line-up by scoring in every single game Partizan Belgrade played so far this season.

Nenad Marinkovic (AM/F/18/81) will see more playing time this season as he has been loan out from Partizan Belgrade to Super League team Banat Zrenjanin. He was one of the best players on the field and scored a goal in the last Banat game. Great talent.

Nebojsa Marinkovic (AM/21/85) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neboj%C...arinkovi%C4%87 is loaned out to Iraklis (Greece) and while it's to be seen how he'll addapt there, there is no doubt that he have more than enough quallity to hold first team place. It's not a secret that Bayern Munich is in a search for a playmaker and it's roumored that Nebojsa could end up there at the end of his loan.

Like Jovetic, he got his increase in the last rating change (+2), but if he proves himself in Greece I believe that he should go up to 87/88.

Igor Burzanovic (AM/F/22/85) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Burzanovi%C4%87

I've been already talking about him in one of mine previous post. He also got his increase (+7), but he should get another increase by the end of season (if not sooner). I mean, if Ecuadorian midfielder Segundo Castillo got increase to 88 then he should be at least 87 'cause two of them are equally "responsable" for Red Star Belgrade success last season.

Marko Markovski (F/21/80) actually got decrease (-1) in the last rating change and, to be honest, he probably deserved it as he didn't play much since his move to Partizan Belgrade, but he is a very talented young player. He's loaned out to Banat Zrenjanin and he'll be starter there. He scored in their last game and if he can manage to keep his form then he might deserve a small increase.

Borko Veselinovic (F/21/80) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borko_Veselinovi%C4%87 was considered for a long time as one of Serbia most promising forwards. He was a Top Scorer at U19 Championship in 2005, but for whatever reason he never got real chance in Partizan Belgrade. He has been loaned out to several clubs in the last couple of seasons. He played as RM/F for Beira Mar (Portugal) last season. Anyhoo, he's back and it seems that new coach Djukic will give him more chance. Is this gonna be his breaktrough season it's to be seen, but he definitely have more potencial than just 80.

Re: INFO on EX-Yugoslavia players

Miralem Sulejmani (LM/CM/18/75) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miralem_Sulejmani

He is also product of Partizan Belgrade Youth system, but the club managment did a poor job and SC Heerenveen (Holland) signed him on free transfer last year. It seems that he's going to be regular first team for them, so he's ratings should go up soon enough.

He was also Serbia captain in recent U19 Championship.

Branislav Ivanovic (CB/RB/23/87) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branislav_Ivanovi%C4%87

He's the second best Serbian defender (right behind Nemanja Vidic) right now. I think that he is the most underrated defender currently on SM. Seriously. Anyway, he's been linked with Juventus (Italy) and it's just a matter of time when he'll sign for them. It has been roumored that Chelsea FC (England) and Manchester UTD (England) are also keen to see him in their jerseys, though. I think that he should be rated at least 89/90.

If Branislav Ivanovic is the Serbian most underrated player then Marko Pantelic (CF/28/90) is certainly the most overrated Serbian player.

I'm quiet surprised that he didn't got any dicrease in the last rating change.

He did scored in his last two games for Hertha BSC (Germany) this season, but, in my oppinion, he should be rated something like 88 (if not worse).

Dusko Tosic (LB/CB/22/87) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Du%C5%A1ko_To%C5%A1i%C4%87

is another great defender from Serbia. He signed for Werder Bremen (Germany) at the beginning of the season and he's already first team, so I believe that he deserves an increase as well. Maybe he's not as good as Vidic or Ivanovic just yet, but keep in mind that he is younger than them.

If Branislav Ivanovic is the Serbian most underrated player then Marko Pantelic (CF/28/90) is certainly the most overrated Serbian player.

I'm quiet surprised that he didn't got any dicrease in the last rating change.

He did scored in his last two games for Hertha BSC (Germany) this season' date=' but, in my oppinion, he should be rated something like 88 (if not worse).

[/quote']

I agree. His rating is so high though because last year, he was scoring a lot (especially in the first half of the season). But i wouldn't go as far as saying that he should be lower than 88, because he does start for an average Bundesliga team, he gets goals, and he gets some time on the serbia team.

This is INFO on Serbia players not ****** ExYu

I've opened this tread to talk about players from EX-Yugoslavia.

Right now it's about Serbians (Jovetic and Burzanovic are from Montenegro, though, but whatever:rolleyes: ), but that doesn't mean that I'll not talk about other nations from former Yugoslavia later on.

Please, keep your political opinions for yourself. This is sport forum. Let's keep it healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Goran Pandev (F/W/24/90) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Pandev has been outstanding for S.S. Lazio (Italy) so far this season. He got +1 increase in the last rating change, but there's no doubt that he'll get another increase by the end of the season.

Aleksandar Kolarov (LB/21/86) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandar_Kolarov is often compared with Roberto Carlos due to his long-range strikes and similar free-kick abilities. He might be the next big thing.

I've opened this tread to talk about players from EX-Yugoslavia.

Right now it's about Serbians (Jovetic and Burzanovic are from Montenegro' date=' though, but whatever:rolleyes: ), but that doesn't mean that I'll not talk about other nations from former Yugoslavia later on.

Please, keep your political opinions for yourself. This is sport forum. Let's keep it healthy.[/quote']

With all due respect to you, i would rather you set up an individual thread for Serbian players, a sperate 1 for croats, montenegren ect if you wish

I doubt if anyone from Bosnia, croatia, Montenegro wants there players refered to ex yugoslavs B) just as much as i dont want Robbie Keane refered to as ex english,

Most the players you have mentioned & that have been mentioned have never played for the old yugoslavia & soon some wont have even been born there.

So if possible if a mod reads this could the thread be retitled as Serbian players.

With all due respect to you' date=' i would rather you set up an individual thread for Serbian players, a sperate 1 for croats, montenegren ect if you wish

I doubt if anyone from Bosnia, croatia, Montenegro wants there players refered to ex yugoslavs B) just as much as i dont want Robbie Keane refered to as ex english,

Most the players you have mentioned & that have been mentioned have never played for the old yugoslavia & soon some wont have even been born there.

So if possible if a mod reads this could the thread be retitled as Serbian players.[/quote']

True i'd rather have a thread on teams in the balkans which cover most of the areas, coz most countires expect Serbia don't refer to them selves as ex-yougoslavians

With all due respect to you' date=' i would rather you set up an individual thread for Serbian players, a sperate 1 for croats, montenegren ect if you wish

So if possible if a mod reads this could the thread be retitled as Serbian players.[/quote']

To be honest, I couldn't care less what the name of this thread is, should or might be in the future:) and for that matter, you can change it to whatever you want. I mean, if that's gonna make somebody happy... whatever.

I apologize if I have offended somebody, though (except for that guy, Svejk, who can't talk like a civilized human being, but have to use the F words). That was certainly not my intention. All I wanted is to talk about football. I just thought that this title would be more sophisticated then "INFO on Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia players":)

Harry69memic suggested name "Balkans", which is again perfectly fine with me, I mean, whatever, but I'm afraid that certain Croats would get that as an insult as well:).

And for...

I doubt if anyone from Bosnia, croatia, Montenegro wants there players refered to ex yugoslavs

... I'm from Bosnia and obviously, it doesn't bother me:)... and believe me, I saw some pretty nasty things during the war. Still, that doesn't make me hate somebody.

But, enough about this. It's stupid. As I said, you're more than welcome to change the name of this thread to whatever you want. I'm cool with it.

P.S.

Thanks for being polite;)

... I'm from Bosnia and obviously' date=' it doesn't bother me:)... and believe me, I saw some pretty nasty things during the war. Still, that doesn't make me hate somebody.

But, enough about this. It's stupid. As I said, you're more than welcome to change the name of this thread to whatever you want. I'm cool with it.

P.S.

Thanks for being polite;)[/quote']

Firstly, I don't want this thread to turn into political argumentation - but I just have to say that your argument that you are from Bosnia doesn't mean anything. The fact that you support Partizan Beograd indicates few things very clearly.

You can call this thread whatever you want because it is obvious that there won't be a word about Croatian players.:)

Besides we have threads to talk about our players but being a small country that we are unfortunately means that we won't be producing so many quality players to discuss.

Apart from that I can welcome Jesenjin's idea to promote players from "this area".

Re: Players from the Balkans

Edin Dzeko

A real talented bosnian player who is widely regarded as the most promising player from Bosnia at the age of 21. He currently plays for Vfl Wolfsburg and has gotten 4 apperances and 1 goal for the german side. Edin is also a member with the Bosnian national side and his performances have been nothing but magical in the Euro qualifiers.

A player i highly recommend, he has great potential and a great long term investment

Currently he should be free agent in man setups and rated 85 or 86, got a small increase of 1.

Lamine DIARRA (CF/23/75) is not from Balkan :) He is a Senegalese football player currently playing for Partizan Belgrade. Anyway, he's rated only 75 (got +4 increase in the last rating change) at the moment and I think he's a pretty good investment for those who are managing smaller clubs.

I admit that I don't have much inside info on players from Croatia, but the one that I strongly recommend is Vedran Corluka (CB/RB/21/89) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedran_%C4%86orluka

He's still very young and, as far as I'm concerned, he's doing very well in England. If he manage to keep his first team place, I can see him going over 90 in the future.

Luka Modric (CM/AM/22/90) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Modri%C4%87 is another great prospect from Croatia. He's already 90, though, so I doubt he'll get an increase any time soon, especially if he don't move away from Croatian League, but he does seem like a good long term investment.

Edin Dzeko

A real talented bosnian player who is widely regarded as the most promising player from Bosnia at the age of 21. He currently plays for Vfl Wolfsburg and has gotten 4 apperances and 1 goal for the german side. Edin is also a member with the Bosnian national side and his performances have been nothing but magical in the Euro qualifiers.

A player i highly recommend' date=' he has great potential and a great long term investment

Currently he should be free agent in man setups and rated 85 or 86, got a small increase of 1.[/quote']

Yes Dzeko is very good player, but i only watched him once, against us.

And i can say that he was (IMHO) the best Bosnian player. He played, i think, second half, and he was only treat. Result was 3:5 for Croatia, and hat trick scored i think Misimovic (FC Nurnberg) for Bosnia, and btw Misimiovc is good buy for smaller clubs. Thats all

PS Jasenjin you are on ''ignore''

Vladimir Gadzhev, 20yo, midfielder (rated 72)

I've played with this lad in my neighborhood when we were still kids and I can say that he's an immense player, has a good first touch, technique and dribbling skills. Currently he's a part of the Bulgaria U21 national team and his future is a bright one. It's only a matter of time before he breaks into a more serious team than the Greek side Levadiakos.

Yes Dzeko is very good player' date=' but i only watched him once, against us.

And i can say that he was (IMHO) the best Bosnian player. He played, i think, second half, and he was only treat. Result was 3:5 for Croatia, and hat trick scored i think Misimovic (FC Nurnberg) for Bosnia, and btw Misimiovc is good buy for smaller clubs. Thats all

PS Jasenjin you are on ''ignore''[/quote']

I don't think it was Zvjedan Misimovic who scored the hat-rick it was Zlatan Mislimovic mate the striker.

But Zvjedan Misimovic is a trully great player, he is also good buy for bigger clubs as he was a star in Germany last year, most under-rated AM in the bundesliga, last year he was 2nd bets AM behind Diego. IMO he should be rated at least 91. So defo a good buy even for bigger clubs.

But Zvjedan Misimovic is a trully great player' date=' he is also good buy for bigger clubs as he was a star in Germany last year, [b']most under-rated AM in the bundesliga[/b], last year he was 2nd bets AM behind Diego. IMO he should be rated at least 91. So defo a good buy even for bigger clubs.

Totally agree. There's no doubt that he'll go over 90.

Neznam sto vi hrvati ste velki nationalisti.....

Molimte rasdvoji politiku od sport.....To su dvije razlicte teme......

Pricanje od sport......... Imaju dvije dobre talente koji su po reku iz srbije....

Nikon Jevtic i Bojan Krkic super mladi talenti

Hrvatska ima Eduardo De Silva

Bosna ima Muslimovic i Mislimovic

Crna Gora ima Jovetic i Vucinic

Neznam sto vi hrvati ste velki nationalisti.....

Molimte rasdvoji politiku od sport.....To su dvije razlicte teme......

Pricanje od sport......... Imaju dvije dobre talente koji su po reku iz srbije....

Nikon Jevtic i Bojan Krkic super mladi talenti

Hrvatska ima Eduardo De Silva

Bosna ima Muslimovic i Mislimovic

Crna Gora ima Jovetic i Vucinic

Svaka ti cast majstore!!

Da ima tu onaj smajlic koji pljesce stavio bi ga!

Bravo!!

Yes you are right...I am all for it if someone has pride in their country and cheer on for their national team.....But remember this is a sports forum...I don't want to be listening about politics and about people arguining for the name of the forum..Who cares! Its sports...I thought it was very generous for the person who made this thread to include all the "former yugoslav" republic national football players and talk about the young talented football players...Not politics..If you want that, then go on youtube and talk to the uneducated and primitive people....

Anyone know if there are any other good young stars that are uprising into the world of professional football?..... I know about Bojan Krkic, Nikon Jevtic, Stevan Jovetic, and Goran Pandev....If you have more names to add to the list please do so... Thanks :D