Players from the Balkans

Jasenjin

Re: Players from the Balkans

Great job' date=' Delija, very clean and very thorough. I wouldn't do it better myself;)

I must correct you on one thing, though, M. Smiljanic never played for Sweden. I don't know where did you got that info, but you must have mixed him with someone else.

I would also add Marko [b']BASA[/b] (25/CB/89) to our international list. He's the one of the best defenders in France right now and he'll definitely be pushing for 90+ in the future.

Other than that, you did a great job. You have a rep from me:D

Well, Milan Smiljanic was born in Sweden and he played for their youth clubs until someone from Partizan scouted him and wanted him to come to Serbia.

He was more than glad to come.

Ummm. Marko Basa is an extremely good defender. He headers the ball as well as Vidic :)....But as I know, he's stated that he doesn't want to play for a National Team becuase he doesn't want to choose between Serbia and Montenegro. =/

But at least we have Neven Subotic rising through the ranks and the Serbian FA has already contacted him as well as Terzic and have spoken to his parents. His dad is really inerested in him playing for Serbia =D.

He's worth about 2.5 million euros and just transfered to Borussia Dortmund.

Danijel Subotic is doing quite well in Portsmouth. He's been playing with their reserves. He's scored a couple of goals and the coach has stated that he will be getting some first team action next year. He's fast, can control the ball well, and he has good skills.

Marko Marin has decided to play for Germany, even though they cut him from the squad before the Euros.

Too bad he didn't play against Serbia. I'm sure someone would have crushed his legs for all the fake things he's been saying to the media. lol

Denis Petric, Slovenian born goalie has decided to get a Serbian passport today and play for Serbian NT in the future. He's 19 years old and play in France's Auxere. He's extremely talented according to many.

Bojan Krkic shut down Spain for Euros and is still wondering about which NT he will play for. Catalonia, Serbia, or Spain.

Of course Catalonia is not a country, so it's only between Serbia and Spain. He's having mixed feelings at the moment. (Lets pray guys)

Marko Matic plays for Netherlands u-19 squad and scored a goal in the qualifiers. Although he was injured for the main tournament, he is still regarded to be in the u-21 squad next season. His feelings for Serbia are unknown at the moment. I'm sure we'll hear of him in the future.

Nikola Saric plays for Denmark u-17 and is 1 year younger than everyone else. He's considered in Denmark to be the biggest talent in 50 years from their country. Both of his parents are Serbian and he's expressed that he would like to play for either Denmark, Serbia, or Bosnia in the future. He signed with SV Hamburg from Germany not too recently. Huge prospect in my opinion.

Nikon Jevtic, still regards himself as one of the biggest talents at the age of 14 in the world, as i've personally talked to him. He also said that he might be going to Liverpool because Schalke fired his brother and the only reason he came to Schalke was because his brother was assistant coach there and he could continue training with him. He's also a Zvezdas =D

I'll continue to add other talents.

I know there is a u-19 Ajax Serbian player. I forgot his name at the moment but it starts with a V...I think Vastic =D.

A 15 year old Serbian Radovan just signed with Heerenveen.

Another good prospect.

There are a lot of Serbs in diaspora and i'm really dissapointed in our FA for not trying harder to research this like I have been doing ;).....

Maybe they should hire me..I'd be more than willing. :)

No problem...

Can someone give me player rankings for some of the names i've listed..

Such as

Miralem Sulejmani

Nenad Krsticic

Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Gojko Kacar

Stefan Babovic

Danijel Aleksic

Milan Smiljanic

Adem Ljajic- He will be getting some Partizan first team action next season ;)

good investment. Awesome playmaker...

Milos Krasic

etc etc etc

Thanks guys ;)

Nikola Saric plays for Denmark u-17 and is 1 year younger than everyone else. He's considered in Denmark to be the biggest talent in 50 years from their country. Both of his parents are Serbian and he's expressed that he would like to play for either Denmark' date=' Serbia, or Bosnia in the future. He signed with SV Hamburg from Germany not too recently. Huge prospect in my opinion.[/quote']

Good scouting, mate;) He signed with Liverpool, though, not Hamburg.

Yup :)

I'm glad. He said he was afraid of big clubs because they would ruin his career and that is why he declined Juventus a few years back but Liverpool at the age of 17 is a good trade off....He's been a known talent for some years now and I expect him to keep rising through the ranks.

He can play with our fellow Swedish-Serb Alexander Kacaniklic.

Also, I talked to Nikon Jevtic and he said he might be going to Liverpool as well!!! :)

He's doing extremely well for the age of 17. He made his first appearance for Vojvodina when he was 15-(youngest in league history)

This season he's had 7 appearances mainly subs but 2 goals, which came both after the u-17 competition. This kid is going to be World Class and I have no doubt about it. I hear he has a deal with Man U to transfer there in 2years..who knows ;)

All I know is that the u-17 competition is not going to be the last time we hear of him. :)

hi all does anyone have info on Dusko Tosic (w.bremen) age 23- rat 88. LB/CB he is Serbian was thinkin of buying him is he worth buying? cheers.

He was actually Serbia's most talented left back player besides Kolarov. He went to Werder Bremen and right away didn't have good team chemistry with the players. They blamed him for all the losses and said that he doesn't belong on the squad. I geuss he just needs to leave Werder because he's a very talented player that isn't being allowed to live up to his potential.

I say if he leaves Bremen then buy him.

Kinda late on this but..........: Serbian International Miralem Sulejmani agreed on terms with Ajak and signed with them for 16.25 million euros at the age of 19. This transfer broke all records and he won Johan Kruijff award as best talent in dutch league this year. Some previous players to win it were Huntelaar, Babel, RVN, Persie, Sneijder, and Robben.....Tells you what Sulejmani has the potential to be. IMO he's the next Dejan Savicevic-MILAN LEGEND!!!