TomOwen

Fabregas vs. Others CMs in the world  

1. 1.

Re: Fabregas vs. Others CMs in the world

for me:

1 - pirlo

2 - fabregas

3 - gerrard.

pirlo has been pure class for milan and has bossed every game i have seen him play in. fabregas is improving all the time, and based on form alone, is the best out of the whole list IMO. gerrard is obviously a class player too, but he is really suffering under rafa benitez' awful tactics.

Who is the best CM in the world now. Please vote and support your vote. I think Gerrard is the best now. Fabregas ain't close to him.

My choice of best cm in the world Andrea Pirlo:P

MILAN' date=' Sept 19 (Reuters) - AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti believes Kaka will be named European player of the year [u']but that team mate Andrea Pirlo will run the Brazilian close[/u].

The duo were instrumental in Milan starting the defence of their Champions League title with a fluent 2-1 win over Benfica in Group D on Tuesday.

Pirlo scored an early free kick and then set up Filippo Inzaghi for the second after Kaka had run half the length of the field with the ball.

'For me it is not important who wins but I believe Kaka has an advantage because of the goals he scored in last season's Champions League,' Ancelotti told a news conference.

'But Pirlo very much deserves to be a candidate. I do not see many midfielders around at his level. We are aiming for a double, first and second,' he joked.

Kaka looks odds-on to win the European prize later this year, known as the Ballon d'Or or golden ball, while he also looks well placed for FIFA's World Player of the Year gong.

The Brazilian was a major factor in Milan winning their seventh European Cup last May and is still favourite for the awards despite missing Brazil's victorious Copa America campaign in July in order to rest.

Italy's World-Cup winning captain Fabio Cannavaro took both the European and World awards last year.

Unsung hero Pirlo was almost as influential as Cannavaro in Italy's triumph in Germany and continued his good form throughout last season, combining goals with assists and effective defensive play.:D

Benitez's Rotational system is fine. he has too many good cms like Alonso' date=' gerrard, Mascherano, Sissoko, Lucas etc. he wants to play all of them.[/quote']

yes of course rotate youre players, but how can you expect to gel together a winning team when they are playing really well, then he just dismantled the team??? sorry but its a very poor tactic to use, and no matter how big youre squad is, there are certain players you have to stick in the team - gerrard, torrres and carragher come into this category. for goodness sake, how can you leave an in form £24m striker on the bench in place of peter crouch?? that is very poor if you ask me ;)

Excuse me. Gerrard and Carragher and Agger and Reina almost always plays. Torres plays a lot too. They still win not like Cardiff City who can't even get promoted.

dont go down that route matey, it shows im not a glory supporter. we havnt spent a penny in transfer fees this summer and have still managed to attract players of premiership calibre like fowler and hasselbaink.

liverpool are now a team run like a business, and i would rather support a genuine football team whos priority is playing attractive football and pricing tickets in favour of fans. plus at least cardiff arent managed by a team of complete lemons and over spend on alot of their players. to be honest if you spend £50m on players and get thoroughly outplayed by a porto team which was put together on a fraction of that price, then that says alot about you :rolleyes:

Go and say that to Abrahmovich and the chairmans cause it ain't my business. I don't care how much we spend' date=' if we bring the title home. Get it.[/quote']

yea, but something tells me you arent going to get any silverware this season ;) . as ive said, you seem to still be targeting the CL, and i cant really see youre good run carrying on in it.

Good point porto stuffed you on the pitch what a lucky draw.

But hasselbank and fowler arent premiership quality they only scored 2 each last season they are championship quality so bad point there.

fair enough hasselbaink and fowler arent premiership class still, but the know how and pedigree are still there without a doubt. at this level, they still have alot to offer, and we havnt seen the best of them yet, so we will wait and see (they are both off the mark already!) :P .

also, watching the liverpool vs porto match, not only were they stuffed in all aread of the pitch, literally as soon as they got the ball back, they would punt the ball long in hope, and porto would simply pile back on the pressure at every chance. ive never seen such a bad performance in the CL from the team which made the final last year, and i cant see them making it further than the quarters this time, i believe teams like inter will make a bigger impact this time, but again, only time will tell

Cesc was regarded as one of the best up and coming cm's in the world, with his only fault being lack of goals if he carries on his scoring this year, you have to put him with the best if not the best. Gerrard is more versatile but we are talking cm's here. He is always aware seems to have a sixth sense sometimes, never shirks a challenge , [something that can be said of other midfielders on the list] and cannot be intimidated otherwise he would not be so influencial in English football.

With all that said......I am an Arsenal fan though haha!:D

ESSIEN

Can't believe there's not more respect for him. I dare anyone to come up with a person who controls the game more than him. He doesn't have the leg of Gerrard and the young-appeal of Fabregas, but he's the best CM in the world at these things:

- Winning 50/50 air balls

- Winning 50/50 ground balls

- Mental toughness

- Playing hard

- Always in the right position

Factor in that he's world-class speed, world-class strength, and has a knack for scoring when unexpected, and he's the best in my opinion.

If I had to build my team around 1 CM, it would be him.

And no it's not because I kinda like Chelsea. I like them because of Essien :). I'm a fan of Arsenal and Chelsea (which is illegal in England, isn't it?)

Yeah' date=' we all know about Fabregas's passing ability, but no one ever talks about that. Now he's scoring..he's been topping all headlines. Wonder what will happen when he stops scoring?

Although he will be a contender for premiership player of the year :)[/quote']

that is very true, and this lad has the full package IMO. if anyone saw arsenal last season, they werent really shooting from distance like they are now. they have really good strikers of the ball and fabregas has gone from strength to strength. right now he is the first name on the arsenal team sheet, has captained the club a few times, and to my knowledge is the top scorer both for arsenal and the premiership.

most players would take years to reach the stage cesc has achieved at the tender age of 20. although pirlo is probably playing at a level higher than fabregas, behind messi, he is the brightest young prospect in the premiership, and i believe he will go far under the guidance of mr wenger