Fabregas vs. Others CMs in the world

TomOwen

Fabregas vs. Others CMs in the world  

1. 1.

Re: Fabregas vs. Others CMs in the world

Fabregas is an amazing player in what look to be the early stages of his career(so early that he's younger than most other CM's)and when he is in his prime he will be an amazing asset to what ever club he is at! :)

but at the moment, i think it the best central midfielder in the world is Steven Gerrard! for obvious reasons, the Liverpool squad seems to be built around him, and why shouldn't it be? :rolleyes:

Stats for Gerrard from Wikipedia:

Liverpool: 272 games 45 goals

England (U21 and National Team) 63 games 13 goals

Total: 335 games 58 goals

Ratio 0.17 goals per game

Essien is similar to Fabregas' date=' he is talented, you and i think he will get better with the more expericance he gets

[/size']

SC Bastia 65 games 11 goals

Lyon: 71 games 7 goals

Chelsea: 70 games 5 goals

Ghana National Team: 28 games 5 goals

Total: 234 games 28 goals

Ratio: 0.12 goals per game

Essien is still young and there is no doubt in my mind that when he has the experience

Im glad to see gerrard first ... i mean he's a great player he can play CM , RM maybe like AM olso ESSIEN he's a great mifielder we saw him playing like defender ...and FABREGAS he's young just 20 years just think what will do when he's 25 or 27 years (just keep going fabregas)

LIVERPOOL *

A true CM assists and scores quite a few not like Essien who is a DM.

Oh that is what he meant but he also said he isn't defensive either i would say he is a defensive CM who plays best with an attacking CM with him like Lampard and that is why they play so well together.

Essien = Not a complete CM doesn't score or assist

Fabregas = Not so good defensively but he scores and assists.

So for me trying not to be biased i would say Fabregas is a better CM than Essien because as you guys said he is not a complete CM because he doesn't go forward well.

Im glad to see gerrard first ... i mean he's a great player he can play CM ' date=' RM maybe like AM olso ESSIEN he's a great mifielder we saw him playing like defender ...and FABREGAS he's young just 20 years just think what will do when he's 25 or 27 years (just keep going fabregas)

LIVERPOOL *[/quote']

Maybe in total Gerrard has been the better CM of the 2 but this season Fabregas has been way better than him in fact Cesc has been the best CM in the Prem so far this year so he can't keep going he just has to continue what he is doing and that way he will be better than Gerrard because if he plays like he is now all the time then he will be with out a doubt the best CM in the world.

Oh that is what he meant but he also said he isn't defensive either i would say he is a defensive CM who plays best with an attacking CM with him like Lampard and that is why they play so well together.

So for me trying not to be biased i would say Fabregas is a better CM than Essien because as you guys said he is not a complete CM because he doesn't go forward well.

Both aren't full CMs. A real one should be able to defend and attack like Gerrard.

• 2 weeks later...

4 me its either Xavi or Pirlo both very experienced and quality players. :D

XAVI

4 Barca

Played: 253 games

Scored: 20

4 Spain

Played: 50 games

Scored: 5

He is a key player 4 barca and Spain, he is a solid mid and scores the occassional goal,many of barca's attacking moves start from him.:D

PIRLO

4 Milan

Played: 177 games

Scored: 37

4 Italy

Played: 42 games

Scored: 6

He is a really good mid gets in the crosses and gets the assists, scores via some great freekicks.:D

If i had 2 choose i out of the 2 it would be Pirlo but Xavi is also very good.

By the way mate u missed out Scholes:p

SCHOLES

4 manu

Played: 380

Scored: 96

4 England

Played: 66

Scored: 14

He is a great attacking player and is a great LCM.He is also manu's highest scorer in the EPL in history,he is a class act and there is no denying that. :D

Which means someone called Fabressien would be the most complete midfielder ever:)

Who is the best CM in the world now. Please vote and support your vote. I think Gerrard is the best now. Fabregas ain't close to him.

fabregas isn't far behind and he is getting closer.

I don't think fabregas is as dominate as gerrard yet but he is a lot younger.

i think a 94 is fair for him.

when fabergas leads an average team to winning big ears then we can take about him in the league of gerrard and the other top class midfielders.

Essien I think he is the best right now.

To be honest, I think there is no central midfielder who can go a perfect job defending, and going forward. Thats why managers decide to put 2 central midfielders to do the job, one is slightly more defensive, and the other a bit more attack minded.

This is why the Lampard-Gerrard partnership doesnt work, and why the Essien-Lampard or Gerrard-Xabi Alonso or Mascherano partnerships flourish. Talking about opposites attract.

If you ask me about partnerships though, one that has been spectacular for the lst few years is the Pirlo-Gattuso pairing; it seems more smooth than Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes!

To be honest' date=' I think there is no central midfielder who can go a perfect job defending, and going forward. Thats why managers decide to put 2 central midfielders to do the job, one is slightly more defensive, and the other a bit more attack minded.

This is why the Lampard-Gerrard partnership doesnt work, and why the Essien-Lampard or Gerrard-Xabi Alonso or Mascherano partnerships flourish. Talking about opposites attract.

If you ask me about partnerships though, one that has been spectacular for the lst few years is the Pirlo-Gattuso pairing; it seems more smooth than Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes![/quote']

I think you are right to an extent. Gerrard can defend very well and everybody know his attacking ability. He can tackle, mark, shoot, score, and assist. Lampard and Gerrard can work if they knew how to play together. Gerrard can defend well but you need to give him space to attack as well. Pirlo and Gattuso are both Defensive Midfields, do you think not. They both play well together and can also play with attacking midfielders like Kaka!

I think you are right to an extent. Gerrard can defend very well and everybody know his attacking ability. He can tackle' date=' mark, shoot, score, and assist. Lampard and Gerrard can work if they knew how to play together. Gerrard can defend well but you need to give him space to attack as well. Pirlo and Gattuso are both Defensive Midfields, do you think not. They both play well together and can also play with attacking midfielders like Kaka![/quote']

Yeah, what I meant was Gattuso does more of the dirty work, and Pirlo plays the killer ball.

I wont be surprised if Fabregas becomes 99 in a few years time. Gattuso and Pirlo are getting above 30' date=' and I disagree that Lampard and gerrard are good at all. They have individual skills but I will stick with Fabregas[/quote']

How can you say Lampard and Gerrard aren't good at all. Gerrard is currently one of the best CMs in the world, if not the best. Lampard isn't too far behind. To be honest, Gerrard is better than Lampard and Fabregas at the moment and the votes shows that all.

Fabregas is quite over-rated. He's very good' date=' but exaggerated :).

I'd still take Essien over him.[/quote']

over rated :rolleyes:

either you are anti arsenal, or havnt seen him play this season. he has scored 5 goals in the premiership this season, the highest for a midfielder i think. add that to him being a key player for arsenal, and has great vision, skill and technique of the ball, far far better than essien or lampard. plus fabregas doesnt take set pieces, which account to most of lampards goals, many of which are deflected free kicks.

lampard at present, cannot get into the england team, which fabregas would walk into IMO. he is, and will be, a world class midfielder for many years to come

Fabregas is quite over-rated. He's very good' date=' but exaggerated :).

I'd still take Essien over him.[/quote']

How can you possibly say so?

Fabregas is currently the best U21 CM in the world and I guess, is better than Essien at the moment. His form has been amazing! Fabregas will probably win young player of the year this season.

It wouldn't be going too far in saying he is the best CM in the world. Not just the U21 best CM. No?

I have to disagree with you on this one although I don't like disagreeing with a legend from Fife. If talking about form then he is but not so sure about skills. Surely Gerrard can pass and shoot better than Fabregas IMO.

Here are a few examples

Who has better set pieces

Gerrard

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso

Lampard

Who can pass further

Xabi Alonso (90m passes are easy for him)

Beckham (he plays CM quite a few times for Real)

Who can score

Well he can score but it has only been a few matches

Who can assist

Everybody in this position.

Oh Tom. I wasn't saying he is the best CM in the world because I believe it to be Pirlo. His passing, shooting, set pieces, vision etc etc. I was merely suggesting whether you thought that Fabregas was not only the best U21 CM in the world, but the best CM in the world. I wasn't making that statement. Just asking you that question :P

Oh Tom. I wasn't saying he is the best CM in the world because I believe it to be Pirlo. His passing' date=' shooting, set pieces, vision etc etc. I was merely suggesting whether you thought that Fabregas was not only the best U21 CM in the world, but the best CM in the world. I wasn't making that statement. Just asking you that question :P[/quote']

I thought it was a statement and I do believe that Gerrard and Pirlo are a class higher than Fabregas at the moment, their passing, shooting, set pieces etc. are better than Fabregas by a mile.