• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Finances

Re: Finances I guess the glory days are over then. No more making a fortune out of every riser possible!! Actually, I hope some of these new features do make money worth something again, but for tha

Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts) Is this thread not getting mixed up with the 'Player Valuation in P/E Transfers' thread?

Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts)

Another example of how daft the new player exchange values are (sorry' date=' couldn't find the thread)

I'm attempting to purchase J Boateng, using A Lopez and cash in the deal. So an [b']89 + cash[/b] for a 90. Wouldn't be so difficult you'd assume

My chairman values Lopez in my squad as £7.5m, when offered in a transfer he's valued at £11.25m by my chairman but still only £7.5m from the opposing chairman. Now, my squad is a hell of a lot better that the external Cologne, so surely their chairman would have a higher valuation of my player.

Now, if I attempt to make up the remaining £8.496m with cash to meet the opposing chairman's demands (£16.056m), I find myself being blocked by my chairman.

This is chuffing ridiculous!

Even if I try to use L Filipe (90) instead of Lopez, it's still not possible to do the deal. This new update is worse than the shambles of the player concern system which had to be adjusted after it was proven to be a complete disaster.

picture.php?albumid=380&pictureid=3349

picture.php?albumid=380&pictureid=3350

Another example of how daft the new player exchange values are (sorry' date=' couldn't find the thread)

I'm attempting to purchase J Boateng, using A Lopez and cash in the deal. So an [b']89 + cash[/b] for a 90. Wouldn't be so difficult you'd assume

My chairman values Lopez in my squad as £7.5m, when offered in a transfer he's valued at £11.25m by my chairman but still only £7.5m from the opposing chairman. Now, my squad is a hell of a lot better that the external Cologne, so surely their chairman would have a higher valuation of my player.

Now, if I attempt to make up the remaining £8.496m with cash to meet the opposing chairman's demands (£16.056m), I find myself being blocked by my chairman.

This is chuffing ridiculous!

I've another daft one....I was testing out what it would cost me to buy Reinnartz 24yrs 89rtd....I offered J.Boateng 24yrs 90rtd and that wasn't enough so i had to add 5mill to meet the minimum fee required for the roma manager?! Which was way over my chairman max,this was only a test and not a serious bid but this system is hugely flawed and kills the transfer market.

If SM seriously think that all of a sudden all the managers are going to do cash deals there sadly mistaken

Maybe now that 'cash is king' they should tweak the game so that bids from unmanaged/externals come in faster.

I have some players who have been on the transfer list for months and no bids. Tried de-listing and re-listing to no effect.

These are my sentiments, I'm not opposed to the idea of stricter player exchanges, but external cash bids have been slow to arrive, and the few that have are insulting. I'm encouraged to get into the internal market more frequently, but the chairmen rate the players far too highly (160% of CV value) for any part exchange deals arrive. This means I'm not motivated to improve my teams.

My suggestions:

1) Chairmen should rate players on shorter contracts more lowly as they have less bargaining power.

2) By the same token, eradicate the ability for chairmen to offer new contracts. Player hoggers will not fear losing their multiple youth talents if the chairmen chooses to give them new contracts.

Finally, it is antithetical for SM to outlaw the inflow of foreign talents, which is happening at an accelerating rate today. If SM wants to keep it real, where's the millions of TV revenue and payments Fulham gets for finishing mid-table? :P

Now winning the league gives you a whooping 580,000 (Division 1) as compared to winning the cup which was worth 1,500,000.

This is in the same GW, same season. Obviously the cup finished before everyone at SM decided to hit the bottle.

And the reasoning that SM will now reward managers with a great scouting network is all phoeey, as the chairman is going to give out new contracts everytime they rise.

Now winning the league gives you a whooping 580' date='000 (Division 1) as compared to winning the cup which was worth 1,500,000.

This is in the same GW, same season. Obviously the cup finished before everyone at SM decided to hit the bottle.

And the reasoning that SM will now reward managers with a great scouting network is all phoeey, as the chairman is going to give out new contracts everytime they rise.[/quote']

really? what type of setup is this?

i just came 2nd in Division 2 in a English Championship and got 1.8M.....

;2620797']really? what type of setup is this?

i just came 2nd in Division 2 in a English Championship and got 1.8M.....

Custom Setup (Small clubs all from South-East Asia) - Normal Economy.

Now I don't expect the prize money to be high but a third of what one would originally get for a cup victory is absurd.

Also, noticed that the cost of ground maintenance is exactly half or more of the income received from gate receipts. This too has been almost doubled.

Hi all,

We'll shortly be making a little tweak to this in line with some of the feedback here.

The amount you must offer currently changes depending on whether it is cash or a player being offered. There is no need for this to be in really and is proving preventative of some transfers which should be able to proceed in reality. This will now be the same going forward meaning the purchasing club will need to pay less then before which should stop the chairman stepping in rule out the deal in a lot of cases.

:)

Eric

PS. One thing that does seem to be lost in some posts I have read is the notion of a sellers market. If I have a player and another club makes me an offer for that player, that is definitely my advantage. Sure, I might be swayed by the quality of the player being offered (perhaps the player is better than my player) but there remains a premium payable for another club wanting my asset that could well be more cash, another player required to make me want to sell.

Hi all' date='

We'll shortly be making a little tweak to this in line with some of the feedback here.

[/quote']

Well that's good to hear.

Surprised there has been absolutely no mention by you or any other Dev about the severe reduction in income and sneaky increase in some expenditure.

Hi dafreaking,

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the forum around redressing the balance in GW economies which has been done to reduce the impact of cash devaluation which has had such a pronounced effect on the transfer markets.

The new 'chart' addition was also part of this workstream i.e. to try and give managers a really clear view of the club coffers particularly in view of the work done to tidy up the finances.

Can we leave this thread for the discussion of the SMFA stuff though please so that debate doesn't get lost.

Eric

Well that's good to hear.

Surprised there has been absolutely no mention by you or any other Dev about the severe reduction in income and sneaky increase in some expenditure.

Re: Player Exchange Deals (Finances)

I think only one side of the transfers has been addressed, i'm in a game world and i have Isco. He is worth 14.4 million, which is fine. I bring him up to swap him in a transfer, his value is 14.4 million, which is fine. I then click to make the offer, the other team values him at 14.4m fine then.. wait a minute... my chairman values him at a whopping 22 million nearly :eek: WHAT?!

Hi Kirky,

This is the sellers market I refer to in action...your chairman feels the player has a worth but the receiving chairman is more cautious. He values the player at what he knows he could sell him for in cash which is prudent. In any negotiation there is likely to be a difference between perceived value with the person who ends up with the asset in the end likely to be wanting to make sure they don't pay over the odds by over-valuing the transaction.

Wouldn't it be unusual if both chairman had the same appraisal of the players value?

I think only one side of the transfers has been addressed' date=' i'm in a game world and i have Isco. He is worth 14.4 million, which is fine. I bring him up to swap him in a transfer, his value is 14.4 million, which is fine. I then click to make the offer, the other team values him at 14.4m fine then.. wait a minute... my chairman values him at a whopping 22 million nearly :eek: WHAT?![/quote']

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the bold part, he is worth 14.4 million to me, so if i list him he i could probably get 15/16m in cash, so why does my chairman value him so highly? He can't be sold for that amount and he can't be valued at that amount in a P/E deal?

Hi Kirky,

This is the sellers market I refer to in action...your chairman feels the player has a worth but the receiving chairman is more cautious. He values the player at what he knows he could sell him for in cash which is prudent. In any negotiation there is likely to be a difference between perceived value with the person who ends up with the asset in the end likely to be wanting to make sure they don't pay over the odds by over-valuing the transaction.

Wouldn't it be unusual if both chairman had the same appraisal of the players value?

Like in any market the player market is based on offer and demand , the player have the value that are pay for them anything else is pure speculation .By making huge diference between chairmain valuation make's the hole point of encourage managers to do deals between them unlikely/imposible in some cases , and without interaction there is almost nothing that is appealing for us .

Hi dafreaking' date='

'The balancing factor is that the chairman enters a negotiation on a player exchange deal with more caution than a straight cash deal'

So, if we follow that one through....a chairman is happy to get a mega cash offer for a prize asset as it is straightforward and he knows what he may be able to do with that cash. In an exchange scenario the mechanics alter a little, the chairman is more cautious ....

'why does this team want to sell me this player in exchange for my player? do they think they are going to drop in rating? would I rather have the cash if this club wants this player so much? - and if they won't offer me the cash I want, then the deal needs to be improved...'

Apply that logic and it is likely that the buying club might need to sweeten a deal in a sellers market such as football transfers.

Eric[/quote']

But is it right that the same chairman would value a 25 year old 85-rated forward differently depending on which club making the offer in a PE deal?

I bump this question hoping to see an answer from you Eric!

I see there is a change. The amount doesn't go up if you offer a player as opposed to cash.

Still feel as mentioned by Glen (post above) the valuations are not correct.

Also, this was originally a topic which was meant to discuss the new "Financial Improvements" as SM called them. All my posts were about finance. Great that you have changed the name to Player Exchange Deals (Finances) instead. Just shirking the issue. Any particular reason why it was never mentioned earlier that these new 'hidden' changes have also taken place?

Well each player has a value that you can see on their profile and then in a transfer scenario there is a range that you can bid between. Your manager goes into an exchange deal negotiation trying to hedge his bets around what he thinks that player might realise in a transfer situation where clubs may auction for his services. The opposing chairman, as we know, is more prudent and values him at the minimum in that range as he knows that is the least he could realise him for in a sale. They are both legitimate views, they just differ in their perspective that's all.

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the bold part' date=' he is worth 14.4 million to me, so if i list him he i could probably get 15/16m in cash, so why does my chairman value him so highly? He can't be sold for that amount and he can't be valued at that amount in a P/E deal?[/quote']

Surely if an opposing chairman values my players at the EXACT same amount listed, but my chairman values him way above the odds, i may as well sell the player for cash then buy the other player with the cash i obtain, thus making me an extra buck or two but just going through a much lengthier process, listing the player, waiting for a bid, accepting then the deal finally completing.

Surely a young upcoming player like Isco who could go on to rise should be valued at the tip of the scale (not neccessarily young), somewhere up near 22m like my chairman values him at and old players (not neccessarily old) who are likely to drop like Tymochuk etc should be valued lower.

The whole p/e system is flawed, by doing this they may as well just have scrapped p/e system with external completely. Very rarely in real life do clubs do p/e player deals anyway.

If I understand the point correctly, I think the answer refers to what I was discussing earlier around the sellers market idea. The seller has a natural advantage as it is they who must be persuaded to release their asset so this would affect the valuation process.

I bump this question hoping to see an answer from you Eric!

Well, yes, the SM chairmen are cautious in accepting a player exchange transaction and prefer cash transactions as they carry less risk...i.e. a player could go down in value, get a concern, lose form, get injured, not score goals, get suspended....I suppose this is why cash is preferred in real life transfer situations too?

Surely if an opposing chairman values my players at the EXACT same amount listed' date=' but my chairman values him way above the odds, i may as well sell the player for cash then buy the other player with the cash i obtain, thus making me an extra buck or two but just going through a much lengthier process, listing the player, waiting for a bid, accepting then the deal finally completing.

Surely a young upcoming player like Isco who could go on to rise should be valued at the tip of the scale (not neccessarily young), somewhere up near 22m like my chairman values him at and old players (not neccessarily old) who are likely to drop like Tymochuk etc should be valued lower.

The whole p/e system is flawed, by doing this they may as well just have scrapped p/e system with external completely. Very rarely in real life do clubs do p/e player deals anyway.[/quote']

But if it is a player for player transfer, them i am surely taking the same gamble as my counterpart.

I have another question, the players contracts get renewed automatically when a player rises, but does the same happen when a player decreases?

Well, yes, the SM chairmen are cautious in accepting a player exchange transaction and prefer cash transactions as they carry less risk...i.e. a player could go down in value, get a concern, lose form, get injured, not score goals, get suspended....I suppose this is why cash is preferred in real life transfer situations too?

The amount you must offer currently changes depending on whether it is cash or a player being offered. There is no need for this to be in really and is proving preventative of some transfers which should be able to proceed in reality. This will now be the same going forward meaning the purchasing club will need to pay less then before which should stop the chairman stepping in rule out the deal in a lot of cases.

A positive change because it used to increase the minimum and decrease the maximum allowed' date=' which was making several transactions impossible.

PS. One thing that does seem to be lost in some posts I have read is the notion of a sellers market. If I have a player and another club makes me an offer for that player, that is definitely my advantage. Sure, I might be swayed by the quality of the player being offered (perhaps the player is better than my player) but there remains a premium payable for another club wanting my asset that could well be more cash, another player required to make me want to sell.

Once again your logic is right and the execution is wrong. The concept of 'being swayed' is not implemented at all as the valuation DOES NOT take into account the rating of the player offered in comparison to both the player requested and the selling club average rating.

A Chairman offered a 92 player for his 89 player, especially when this transfer will increase his overall team average, should be more 'eager' to get the deal done and not to try and make it hard!

Well' date=' yes, the SM chairmen are cautious in accepting a player exchange transaction and prefer cash transactions as they carry less risk...i.e. a player could go down in value, get a concern, lose form, get injured, not score goals, get suspended....I suppose this is why cash is preferred in real life transfer situations too?[/quote']

An interesting point this, I always enjoy seeing the Devs clarifying their decisions on the forum, it makes it much easier to accept decisions when we know we're not talking to a brick wall.

Looking through your posts I can kinda see what SM are trying to do. However, I dont understand why, if we're actually trying to make the game realistic, the opposing chairman will value your player based on what he is worth to my club. Why is this? This doesnt make sense? Surely he should be valued based on what the opposing chairman could sell him for?

Also, I dont understand why my chairman would value my player higher in deals than he would in straight cash deals. Surely if I want to get rid of him to get a better player then my chairman wouldnt value him higher than what he would if selling for cash which you say they prefer.

Apologies if I've worded anything poorly